Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Darthemed posted:

Superman: From Krypton to Metropolis (1982)

I've seen this story several times in different places, but this is the first that includes "Step One: CREATE LIFE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MikeJF posted:

If an experiment can't be duplicated it doesn't even count as science.

Myok posted:

I've seen this story several times in different places, but this is the first that includes "Step One: CREATE LIFE!"

Yeah, that's a magic incantation. If Superboy hadn't interfered Lex Luther would be Zatana's nemesis

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, that's a magic incantation. If Superboy hadn't interfered Lex Luther would be Zatana's nemesis

Lex buying theaters just so he can cancel her booking.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Myok posted:

Lex needs to run me through his hypothesis one day. Protect Superboy from kryptonite, step one: ???, step two: CREATE LIFE!, step three: get kiss from Superboy

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Darthemed posted:

Superman: From Krypton to Metropolis (1982)

I couldn't stop thinking about this! It made me think of that one page from Miracleman #1 (1985) so I adapted it:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Jon Kent spitting truths. From today's Superman.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Jon Kent spitting truths. From today's Superman.

Extremely on-brand. Just thinkin about Superman/ Shazam: First Thunder

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why does he have dignity in his eye?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Punisher War Journal #15 (2008)

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Well, he's not wrong. That's a lot of crises to juggle

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Always the pessimist. Look at the upside. You can pee in your pants and nobody will notice.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Look Frank we all know you love killing costumed freaks so you can stop pretending.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Secret Origins of the World's Greatest Super-Heroes (1990)

Making an excellent joke two years before the context of the punch-line arrives.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
EDIT: Wrong thread

Suleman fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 10, 2023

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spider-Man & Wolverine #3 (2003)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Suleman posted:

EDIT: Wrong thread

No it wasn't. That poo poo was hilarious.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/BleedYouDry/status/1633820714577932290?s=20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:eyepop:

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Oh my

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Talk about an orb weaver

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh these?!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

The Portacio X-Force is even worse than the Liefeld. This book has really had some BAD artists.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Hellstorm: Prince of Lies #2 (1993)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Darthemed posted:

Hellstorm: Prince of Lies #2 (1993)

Is that a reference to Constantine?

I never thought about DC and Marvel occult crossovers, have there ever been any?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Is that a reference to Constantine?

I never thought about DC and Marvel occult crossovers, have there ever been any?

Yeah, around that time it would be Ennis' run where Constantine has lung cancer and the Devil is after him. I don't think there's been a Doc Strange meets Zatanna book or anything like that.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Avengers (1998) #34

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Beerdeer posted:

The Portacio X-Force is even worse than the Liefeld. This book has really had some BAD artists.

whilce portacio's art is Good, Actually and if you were handed Counter X's scripts you would put in as much effort as he did there

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

The Amalgam universe gave us Doctor Strangefate, but I don't know that he appeared for more than a page or two.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Nipponophile posted:

The Amalgam universe gave us Doctor Strangefate, but I don't know that he appeared for more than a page or two.

Strangefate not only got his own issue as part of the Amalgam event, but he even showed up again after Amalgam, having survived inside Strange's consciousness, and tried to manipulate things to recreate the Amalgam universe. I think he still technically exists within a pocket dimension recreation of Amalgam within Strange's sanctorum.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Nah, it's Alfred under the cape there, holding it up with an umbrella.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
The story under that cover is really good. Dave Cockrum art, too.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Angry Salami posted:

Strangefate not only got his own issue as part of the Amalgam event, but he even showed up again after Amalgam, having survived inside Strange's consciousness, and tried to manipulate things to recreate the Amalgam universe. I think he still technically exists within a pocket dimension recreation of Amalgam within Strange's sanctorum.

I hope DC also has the Amalgam universe contained in a pocket dimension and that the Amalgam nation contains both the DC and Marvel universe in their own pocket dimensions like that episode of Futurama with the universe boxes

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The story under that cover is really good. Dave Cockrum art, too.

It's funny because that cover has absolutely nothing to do with the story inside.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #1 (2001)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I like that Sabretooth's main goals as a super villain isn't to take over the world or get rich. What he aims for is simply making Wolverine's life as miserable as possible.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait, Sabretooth announced the stop on or in... what? A "next stop" announcement only makes sense inside a vehicle. The goateelord is clearly not inside a vehicle. What's going on?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wait, Sabretooth announced the stop on or in... what? A "next stop" announcement only makes sense inside a vehicle. The goateelord is clearly not inside a vehicle. What's going on?

Both of the characters featured on the page have super hearing, they probably heard the announcement from somewhere miles away.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Alhazred posted:

I like that Sabretooth's main goals as a super villain isn't to take over the world or get rich. What he aims for is simply making Wolverine's life as miserable as possible.

From those images it seems like Sabretooth's goal is to become an avant garde fashion mogul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Darthemed posted:

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #1 (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoeViO72t5U