Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

posadas posted:

Defensive dice feel weird because they act on the damage dealing phase, not the clash phase, which goes against how skills normally resolve. There's also the fact that using a defensive die on your fastest character likely means that they won't get targeted at all, and just completely sit the turn out. Compare in Ruina in which defensive dice are involved in clashes, and the fastest character can usually find an advantageous clash instead targeting the slot where the tank usually ends up, and they don't feel as useful as Ruina.

I'm sure, if the game lasts long enough, there will be more mechanics which mess with defensive options and turn order

I feel that defensive dice working only in the damage phase is to their advantage, for instance Faust's evade carried me through chapter 3 final boss because I couldn't reliably clash one of the attacks but Faust evaded all of it reliably like a champ.

The problem with defensive dice is twofold I feel: One, you can't redirect clashes with defensive dice even in abno combat. Two, block is awful and counter is even worse. If we get options that will make Block/Counter worth using, like the K-Corp guards stuff (even if likely nerfed), it would be a far more usable.

EDIT: Well, PM is gonna fix the first issue on march 9. (Also fix the bug with the support sinners, RIP sixth sinner cheese).

SITB fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Update info:
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1633040945087385600
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1633045294740013056
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1631980480693432321

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah you better get the Ch3 clears soon with Supports if you need to cause it was indeed a bug.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Yeah you better get the Ch3 clears soon with Supports if you need to cause it was indeed a bug.

I'm not seeing that in the patch notes? Where is it exactly?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I hope they bring it back someday, it was a nice way to implement an easy mode. Just make it so you can't hit the EX objective while you're using it.

Anyway, I'm hoping that One Who Grips Sinclair is good when the inevitable second N Corp banner hits, I really want to use Impending Day.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Thank you Project Moon, for vindicating my irrational Support hatred :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Theantero posted:

Thank you Project Moon, for vindicating my irrational Support hatred :v:

You can still use supports, they just have to be one of the five, as project moon intended. :v:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Archonex posted:

I'm not seeing that in the patch notes? Where is it exactly?

First tweet, first image, first entry in the UI section

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TeeQueue posted:

You can still use supports, they just have to be one of the five, as project moon intended. :v:

Oh I know, I don't mind them being used as intended.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Pigbuster posted:

First tweet, first image, first entry in the UI section

I see it, I was checking the long form patch notes page since I figured that the other stuff was just a feature added list.

Kind of sucks, since the six character thing avoids the largest issue with six enemy fights what with them being able to force damage through sheer numbers.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Also, I find it funny that they're fixing Tremor, but not Paralysis.

I hope for a World where all those otherwise garbo one coin attacks with Inflict 3 Paralysis had some tactical value, but alas, I suppose that World is not yet coming.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Okay, I'll admit it: I don't understand the distinction between gaining #status and gaining #status-count. Can someone explain?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Okay, I'll admit it: I don't understand the distinction between gaining #status and gaining #status-count. Can someone explain?

Status is how strong the ailment is, count is how long it lasts.

4 burn at 3 count means it'll deal 4 damage a turn for 3 turns, since it deals damage per turn. 4 bleed at 3 count means it'll deal damage for the next three coin flips, since it deals damage per flip.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1633096100574838791?s=20
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1633096977998131201?s=20

They have the new identity info out too

Meursault in particular looks like he has the first defence skill that isn't the cookie cutter Evade/Guard/Counter unless I missed one somewhere.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 7, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
One of Sinclair's Identities also has a bonus attached to his defensive skill.

EDIT: Also, yeah, I got through Chapter 3's overworld ASAP in order to use that Support bug.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 7, 2023

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

N Corp also were explicitly investigating the town according to Sinclair. Kromer could've met with them at the time and was trying to get Sinclair in too.

The weirdest part of the whole thing is that K Corp apparently doesn't care at all, and let the modern N Corp crew through customs despite this being their second murder trip to what (by Sinclair's telling at least) is a relatively prominent part of the nest. Chapter 3 spoilers, I guess.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Irony.or.Death posted:

The weirdest part of the whole thing is that K Corp apparently doesn't care at all, and let the modern N Corp crew through customs despite this being their second murder trip to what (by Sinclair's telling at least) is a relatively prominent part of the nest. Chapter 3 spoilers, I guess.

N corp bought the entire town from K corp for the modern trip.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TheNabster posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1633096100574838791?s=20
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1633096977998131201?s=20

They have the new identity info out too

Meursault in particular looks like he has the first defence skill that isn't the cookie cutter Evade/Guard/Counter unless I missed one somewhere.

The fanatic buff (bonus power against enemies with nails) seems like it'll be awkward to take advantage of with Mersault.
He has nothing that increases nails count so it'll always be a 1-turn debuff from him, unless I'm misunderstanding how it works.
Rodion has nails-next-turn which should work fine-ish for that though.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The fanatic buff (bonus power against enemies with nails) seems like it'll be awkward to take advantage of with Mersault.
He has nothing that increases nails count so it'll always be a 1-turn debuff from him, unless I'm misunderstanding how it works.

It means you want to lead with nail application attacks and then do other stuff, Meursault wants to go all out on big fanatic turns basically.

Rodion is slightly more flexible, but has a harder time accessing fanatacism on her own since she needs to kill someone, Meursault just needs to be low health.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Nails just gets cut in half at the end of the turn instead of instantly fading, so if his attacks can deal two stacks he'll at least get +1 power.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
a couple of unique statuses - Maggot, Nail, Curse, I believe? - share both count and duration, much like ruina statuses.
I think. don't quote me on this.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

BisbyWorl posted:

Nails just gets cut in half at the end of the turn instead of instantly fading, so if his attacks can deal two stacks he'll at least get +1 power.

It cuts the count and not the power in half though.
The way other debuffs like rupture work is that they always have 1 count unless something specifically increases it, so e.g. LCB Outis will apply 1 rupture on each of the three coins from her first skill, but the end result is 3 rupture power and still 1 rupture count -- reapplying the same status multiple times doesn't increase the count/duration.

DuoRogue posted:

a couple of unique statuses - Maggot, Nail, Curse, I believe? - share both count and duration, much like ruina statuses.
I think. don't quote me on this.

Like how charge works? OK yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The combat changes are interesting, but the biggest issue I've seen with fights in this game is that there's never a reason to save any of your bigger attacks. Stagger is a big deal so blowing people up as fast as possible seems like it pretty much just causes a cascade failure. Light and cards made that seem less practical in Ruina. In Limbus I don't think I've ever had a reason to use like, throat slice over shank or mutilate on Hong Lu.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Shastahanshah posted:

The combat changes are interesting, but the biggest issue I've seen with fights in this game is that there's never a reason to save any of your bigger attacks. Stagger is a big deal so blowing people up as fast as possible seems like it pretty much just causes a cascade failure. Light and cards made that seem less practical in Ruina. In Limbus I don't think I've ever had a reason to use like, throat slice over shank or mutilate on Hong Lu.

have you beaten 3-22? that's a pretty good reason.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DuoRogue posted:

have you beaten 3-22? that's a pretty good reason.

That's the dungeon with ||the two phase Kromer|| right? I'll give you that, but I haven't really felt like I've had many choices to make in the other fights.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I feel like there's a good number of mechanisms in place in harder fights to encourage you toward a variety--wanting specific colors for EGOs, some attacks being better for clashing than others, and the fact that you need to use all the attacks in your "deck" before it refreshes. I know there's been many times where I've specifically used R Corp Heathcliff's weakest attack because it's Red and there are so many Red requirements in EGOs right now.

(Also, why is the thread title wrong? The setting is The City. It's referenced constantly!)

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Project Moon Megathread: Everything Sucks in The City

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Einander posted:

(Also, why is the thread title wrong? The setting is The City. It's referenced constantly!)

Because while it's very thematically appropriate that The City doesn't have a name outside of The City, it isn't a name that you can use to conveniently refer to the setting in conversation, and the games are all different so you can't really say the LobCorp series, either. So if you want to say you're a fan of the series, you have to say that you're a fan of Project Moon, which is accurate but also doesn't reference the setting at all!

It's a minor point of irritation! :bahgawd:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Found a neat spreadsheet that calculates all the sinners' clash winrates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E4VvX3StjoGwhkR9otdJsZfAsxFQt3auwLzivSEh7g8/edit#gid=1274041792

it uses a weighted average of all three skills and it's comparing them all the different possible attacks from those two enemies (E1 and E2 just stand for Enemy 1 and Enemy 2 afaict)
however this sheet seems to only calculate the chances at 0 sanity. at +45 characters will win a lot more reliably than this due to better chances at heads. Especially characters with high-value coins like Tingtang Hong Lu.

I'm kinda suprised LLCB Ishmael is so middle-of-the-road despite her high coin-count gun skills, I guess I didn't realize how low the base numbers on them were.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 7, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The only main story thing I've yet to do is getting the EX objective on 3-17. I always take like 12 or 13 turns. Biggest pain point by far is the start of the second wave where the enemies get 10 actions to your 7 or so (assuming you kill the first wave in a brisk 2 or 3 turn bout), and if one of your Blunt guys rolls low speed rolls and gets ganked (because annoyingly, the majority of Blunt dealers are Fatal to Pierce which the nailgang loves to dole out), ruining your momentum.

Essentially, my point is that wow do I wish this game did not punish you for getting fights done quick :v:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Einander posted:

I feel like there's a good number of mechanisms in place in harder fights to encourage you toward a variety--wanting specific colors for EGOs, some attacks being better for clashing than others, and the fact that you need to use all the attacks in your "deck" before it refreshes. I know there's been many times where I've specifically used R Corp Heathcliff's weakest attack because it's Red and there are so many Red requirements in EGOs right now.

Because due to the Outskirts and other places we have seen referenced, the setting and its universe / cosmology is much bigger than just The City.

Theantero posted:

The only main story thing I've yet to do is getting the EX objective on 3-17. I always take like 12 or 13 turns. Biggest pain point by far is the start of the second wave where the enemies get 10 actions to your 7 or so (assuming you kill the first wave in a brisk 2 or 3 turn bout), and if one of your Blunt guys rolls low speed rolls and gets ganked (because annoyingly, the majority of Blunt dealers are Fatal to Pierce which the nailgang loves to dole out), ruining your momentum.

Essentially, my point is that wow do I wish this game did not punish you for getting fights done quick :v:

I had no issue with that running dual Liu, dual LCCB, and vanilla LCB Heathcliff in the mid to late teens level-wise. It really comes down to crushing their SP and forcing big clashes even if they don't make a lot of immediate damage progress: Once the crowd starts hitting Panic and Morale thresholds it all comes undone pretty rapidly. The one I had to do any retries on was a few fights later, I want to say 3-19 or 3-20?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Ariamaki posted:

I had no issue with that running dual Liu, dual LCCB, and vanilla LCB Heathcliff in the mid to late teens level-wise. It really comes down to crushing their SP and forcing big clashes even if they don't make a lot of immediate damage progress: Once the crowd starts hitting Panic and Morale thresholds it all comes undone pretty rapidly. The one I had to do any retries on was a few fights later, I want to say 3-19 or 3-20?

This is actually the exact squad I'm running too, except it's more lvl 22 to 23 range.

Guess I'll just try it a couple more times then, since it's a tried and true method. Just felt the need to rant since I feel the EX is significantly easier in all the other stages, including the later ones, to the degree that I never had to retry any other stage specifically for the EX objective.

EDIT: Tried it again and got it in 9 rounds. I guess complaining about it was the magic ingredient I was missing all along :v:

Theantero fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 7, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/GrimmsHell/status/1633027211665248256

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

oh thank god, i think i got past k corp hell

now entering inquisitor hell i guess

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Found a neat spreadsheet that calculates all the sinners' clash winrates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E4VvX3StjoGwhkR9otdJsZfAsxFQt3auwLzivSEh7g8/edit#gid=1274041792

it uses a weighted average of all three skills and it's comparing them all the different possible attacks from those two enemies (E1 and E2 just stand for Enemy 1 and Enemy 2 afaict)
however this sheet seems to only calculate the chances at 0 sanity. at +45 characters will win a lot more reliably than this due to better chances at heads. Especially characters with high-value coins like Tingtang Hong Lu.

I'm kinda suprised LLCB Ishmael is so middle-of-the-road despite her high coin-count gun skills, I guess I didn't realize how low the base numbers on them were.

Well if it's using a weighted average of all three skills, LCCB Ishmael is probably being brought down by her one coin attack, especially against the chosen targets.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Okay I have hit the last boss of Chapter 3 and errrr...

I can level the personalities that I locked into that dungeon outside of it right? Because I think I need to just pump some stats up real fast if I want to tackle that any time soon.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You can, that's what I've been doing with the stuff I earn from Mirror Dungeons.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
specifically there's an obscure button on your aleeady themselves obscure sinner info pages that lets you use experience tickets, which you get some of for free and don't seem to have any use other than leveling identities

still haven't figured out where it keeps putting my ego shard boxes lol

e: thank you for the table guy for capitalizing JEFE DE LOS MARIACHIS and only that

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 7, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

TheNabster posted:

Okay I have hit the last boss of Chapter 3 and errrr...

I can level the personalities that I locked into that dungeon outside of it right? Because I think I need to just pump some stats up real fast if I want to tackle that any time soon.

Yup: You can do it via both Mirror Dungeons and normal missions. I think the only risk of 'losing your place' is if you try to start another Story Dungeon.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Well if it's using a weighted average of all three skills, LCCB Ishmael is probably being brought down by her one coin attack, especially against the chosen targets.

Yeah that's 100% why her stats are as bad as they are, which is honestly a disservice to the very reliable Shove.

Theantero posted:

This is actually the exact squad I'm running too, except it's more lvl 22 to 23 range.

Guess I'll just try it a couple more times then, since it's a tried and true method. Just felt the need to rant since I feel the EX is significantly easier in all the other stages, including the later ones, to the degree that I never had to retry any other stage specifically for the EX objective.

EDIT: Tried it again and got it in 9 rounds. I guess complaining about it was the magic ingredient I was missing all along :v:

Sometimes the secret sauces really is just voicing your frustration loud enough for the Coin Gods (borrowed from ancient Limbus Company precursor Coin Crypt) to hear your plea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
Very much enjoying Limbus. I went in blind and have found it very satisfying piecing together the combat systems and slowly building up my knowledge of the various systems. I ended up rerolling a few times until I got a couple of identities which seemed cool and an ego for Ishmael and just went from there!

Very much enjoying the story as well. I’m just about to finish Chapter One and I really like the amount of story and world building.

My friend code is G345275823 if anyone wants to add me!