Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Khablam posted:

Ah yes, the classic McLaren "we've identified one issue and, for some reason, despite history telling us otherwise, we will decide fixing this one issue will make us competitive".

McLaren looked terrible at Bahrain last year and came back to almost claim 4th, if Riccairdo had contributed at all in any way whatsoever to anything they probably would have had it as well, so, it's not totally out of the question to think they will compete for best of the rest still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Hes the only racer on the grid who sounds better over radio than in person, that's for sure.

I wonder if his dad knows enough to switch off the depubertizer filter they have on the radio for his failson only

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Thanks Ants posted:

Why would you want to do that to him?

Give him a good car

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

toadee posted:

McLaren looked terrible at Bahrain last year and came back to almost claim 4th, if Riccairdo had contributed at all in any way whatsoever to anything they probably would have had it as well, so, it's not totally out of the question to think they will compete for best of the rest still.

Best of the rest is now 5th

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Thanks Ants posted:

Best of the rest is now 5th

It's actually 2nd.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

I have conducted my own independent review, and have also found one very large issue responsible for McLaren's woes

🫃

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Theoretical fun possibilty:

Max continues to win P1 through Zandvoort, securing the World Championship. Riccardo then replaces Max for the rest of the seaseon. Checo continues to race all season.

Final World Championship Standings:
1- Max
2- Checo
3- Riccardo

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

wtf is Stroll a badass, thread?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpfjpQPrdJU/

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Stroll has always been good but the mouthbreathing majority of this thread post dumb poo poo in volume to suppress any reasonable discourse. For example, note how many unironic McLaren fans post their support for fatass and his kindle billboard.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Charles Leclerc posted:

Stroll has always been good but the mouthbreathing majority of this thread post dumb poo poo in volume to suppress any reasonable discourse. For example, note how many unironic McLaren fans post their support for fatass and his kindle billboard.

the dude did go off track on the formation lap, I think it's fair to question his ability

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
Remember when Stroll and Latifi crashed into each other while doing their warm up laps in Qualifying?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

look not every failson can fail as badly as mazepin, there's a nepotism spectrum

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Lance Stroll is one of the greatest Canadian formula one drivers to ever drive for Aston Martin

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Diet Crack posted:

McLaren are really just following in Williams' footsteps (per usual)

Next step: hiring Claire as team principal for 2024

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

look not every failson can fail as badly as mazepin, there's a nepotism spectrum

i got an instagram ad for personal karting training by mazepin, maybe I should take him up on it

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1632761037832220673?t=kyNzq-GSHRww1BLxOJm8Fw&s=19

🥶
:lewis:
🥶

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

big "goon in a hole" energy

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

"goon in a hole"

Assuming this is another one of those terrible British breakfasts

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

net work error posted:

Assuming this is another one of those terrible British breakfasts

Russell loves them it’s why he is so tall

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Goon in a hole sounds like something Danny Ric would drink

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
catch me goonin in the hole

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

dig up stupid

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

get in there lewis and start digging

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Goon in a hole sounds like something Danny Ric would drink

Its an offshoot of Goon of Fortune.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goon_of_Fortune

quote:

Goon of Fortune is an Australian and New Zealand drinking game involving cheap cask wine (colloquially known as "goon"), played between any number of people. The name is a spoof on the TV show Wheel of Fortune.

A number of goonsacks are pegged around the outside of a rotary washing line. Players sit underneath it at the edges and agree how much wine each "win" involves. One player spins the hoist, and when the spin stops the winner(s) nearest a bag or the bags must drink that amount. Players may not touch the clothesline, and penalties for breaking the rules vary

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Charles Leclerc posted:

Stroll definitely seems to be one of the least worst when it comes to pay drivers.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
he;s just easy to hate on because he looks so goofy. i wonder what he'd look like with a shaved head

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Blackhawk posted:

Stroll definitely seems to be one of the least worst when it comes to pay drivers.

He’s a coachable driver that can put in good lap times.

Shame about his racecraft though. He has been incapable of learning situational awareness.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Stroll is the essence of mediocre. He is basically never going to give an outstanding performance but neither is he very likely to be a complete embarrassment. Just bland as hell.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
i won't tolerate this slander against the 2017 azerbaijan grand prix driver of the day, lance stroll

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

toadee posted:

Stroll is the essence of mediocre. He is basically never going to give an outstanding performance but neither is he very likely to be a complete embarrassment. Just bland as hell.

Sounds like a good #2 driver to me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Blackhawk posted:

There's exactly three non-pay drivers in the season right now. One of them is still on the track serving a penalty.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Taki Inoue?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"our message about not quitting after the first race has a lot of people asking if we're going to quit after the first race"

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

toadee posted:

What F1 are you watching? Stroll embarrasses himself all the time. I hold my breath every time someone goes to pass him because stroll is barely hanging onto the car and could easily wipe them both out.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

toadee posted:

The perfect Canadian

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Arc Hammer posted:

There's exactly three non-pay drivers in the season right now. One of them is still on the track serving a penalty.

Who are the three?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

n8r posted:

Who are the three?

I think they mean Ocon, Hamilton, and Alonzo as the least nepotism of the current drivers.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

n8r posted:

Who are the three?

Lewis, Max, Fernando.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

n8r posted:

Who are the three?

Lewis, Nando and Esteban are the only ones who didn't come from cash and connections. Everyone else gets there by tossing cash around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
My favorite non-embarassing Stroll Moment™ was when they had to tell him that he kept hitting the radio button instead of the hybrid power boost when exiting corners. Are Lance was just too absorbed in other things to notice.