Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
If anyone needs meals for this event, feel free to post here but please include the IG name, as I don't have all of you friended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Tahirovic posted:

If anyone needs meals for this event, feel free to post here but please include the IG name, as I don't have all of you friended.

If you have 5-6 you can throw to Jhet that would be appreciated. I’ve been growing so many onions, but that cooking bar moves so slowly.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Jhet posted:

If you have 5-6 you can throw to Jhet that would be appreciated. I’ve been growing so many onions, but that cooking bar moves so slowly.

Sent you a mailbox load :)

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Referee posted:

Sent you a mailbox load :)

Thank you kindly!

Only 3x more cooking XP until I can make my own.

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.
Posting to complain about a Golden Potato, since I'm at about 36k mastery (and 30k given to the Temple). Checking in every 2.5 minutes is so oppressively annoying.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

Tahirovic posted:

I could use some meals for the event. Jack Donaghy.

I Love Topanga fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 7, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
They just sent me a message alleging I'm autoclicking. Guess I'm done fishing forever.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Referee posted:

Yeah, I guess it’s time to get the merit badge, even though my wrist really doesn’t want me to.

I started that process today.

And... with the event bonus and Cat's Meow both running, I can pull in about a thousand fish per meal with Gummies, or 12,000 an hour. Which means about eight hours of active manual fishing for me to get close to the badge.

Uh-uh. If there's an achievement for getting ONE to 10,000, I'll get that, but...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

They just sent me a message alleging I'm autoclicking. Guess I'm done fishing forever.

idk how they'd detect it, unless you're letting it run for a long time, far beyond the patience of an ordinary human doing it manually. because while i'm not a coder it looks like there's a random timing between each fish click so they couldn't pick it up that way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

finally got the tribal mask. fishing at the large island is pretty lucrative. can't wait till i can make large nets.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

hambeet posted:

idk how they'd detect it, unless you're letting it run for a long time, far beyond the patience of an ordinary human doing it manually. because while i'm not a coder it looks like there's a random timing between each fish click so they couldn't pick it up that way.

You ever forget it's running on your work computer and go for lunch and keep playing on your phone? No? Me neither. *ahem*

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

hm that would definitely do it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

"i trained my parrot to tap on the tablet"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh nice, cats meow and the fishing multiplier stack. 10 minutes and i hit 1,000 on three more spots to hit the achievement.

next one is 10,000 @ 10 which is uhhh, i think i'll be okay thanks.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Any spare Cats Meow would be appreciated. Same name in game.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

You ever forget it's running on your work computer and go for lunch and keep playing on your phone? No? Me neither. *ahem*

RIP

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Atoramos posted:

- Merit Badges seem to be a fool's errand...The fishing badge has such high requirements that I feel it's not worth the physical toll to ever attempt it.

Now I've got the AK to reach 145 and still not concerned with my ability to get to 200. Really think those badges are for chumps.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Atoramos posted:

Now I've got the AK to reach 145 and still not concerned with my ability to get to 200. Really think those badges are for chumps.

Some of them come naturally like like these

But yeah, gently caress the fishing one and the new reputation one.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

game needs a glass works

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I am giving my eggs to Mayia, and she'll get there when she gets there.

hambeet posted:

game needs a glass works

I spend 50% of my exploring time in Cane Pole Ridge just for for unpolished shimmer stone, as I feel I use more the of the drops there than exploring Mount Bannon for unpolished shimmer stone.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 8, 2023

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I did the same and now I'm stuck exploring the mount for 100 rare Dragon Skulls that have no other source but there.

e: which is the only reason I'm friending Ric because I can dump all the unused Carbon Spheres, Coal, and Unpolished Shimmer Stone into him.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 8, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
So many carbon spheres for steal and wire.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Hm, I guess I'll start splitting my time then.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Twincityhacker posted:

I am giving my eggs to Mayia, and she'll get there when she gets there.

I spend 50% of my exploring time in Cane Pole Ridge just for for unpolished shimmer stone, as I feel I use more the of the drops there than exploring Mount Bannon for unpolished shimmer stone.

yeah i just hit up the ember lagoon as i'm also getting rocks, magicite, emberstone and others, but it's still a pain that i'd prefer not to manage at all. i have a steel works, why not a glass works!!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Buy all the herbs from Borgen today.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

MarcusSA posted:

I needed herbs last week, but he had honey instead.

Still, I do have 10 quests that need herbs...

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

And sell all your inferno spheres! (Except one, of course)

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The friendship badge would be doable today. Spam BBs to grow carrots and send them to Frank.
Not sure if I‘ll do that or play D3.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Tahirovic posted:

The friendship badge would be doable today. Spam BBs to grow carrots and send them to Frank.
Not sure if I‘ll do that or play D3.

A mere 6 million carrots, if paired with friendship food. Good luck.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cool

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Unponderable posted:

A mere 6 million carrots, if paired with friendship food. Good luck.

Seriously it takes over 6 million of a liked item to get a friend to 99? They must have just used the same scale they used for leveling skills.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Is Energy Drink a worthwhile sink? Because I'm almost to 4x99 (97 crafting and 96 exploring), and I dunno what to burn my points on.

koshmar posted:

Seriously it takes over 6 million of a liked item to get a friend to 99? They must have just used the same scale they used for leveling skills.

Liked or Loved? Because some folks have easy-to-farm Loved items.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

I Love Topanga posted:

I could use some meals for the event. Jack Donaghy.

Thanks for the smorgasbord!

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I've got Star up to level 63 just from tossing all my extra blue feathers that way. I fill up really frequently trying to keep up with straw/twine (and working on wood-based masteries) by exploring misty forest a lot. I haven't even used any foods or bonus days yet.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

koshmar posted:

It's the same scale, yes. 2 billion xp to level 99. 150 base xp per loved item.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

rafikki posted:

But yeah, gently caress the fishing one and the new reputation one.

I got the fishing one today. I've been chipping away at it during events and otherwise trying to use a Cat's Meow a day. It wasn't too painful.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
585 monster skulls and 1 Langstaff Crest. Made the detector, sigh of relief.

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
Apparently getting the inferno sphere doesn’t unlock its area permanently, it’s Keeping the inferno sphere. Teach me to sell an item!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

littleratbastard posted:

Apparently getting the inferno sphere doesn’t unlock its area permanently, it’s Keeping the inferno sphere. Teach me to sell an item!

NFX posted:

And sell all your inferno spheres! (Except one, of course)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

littleratbastard posted:

Put one in your storage and never look at it again.