Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That dude must of had a hell of a contract, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

TyrsHTML posted:

I hope he told Elon he would think about it, then 9 days from now tweets at him to let him know he's decided to sue.

I like how the best, pro musk spin he could put on it is that the man he committed open libel against is "considering" staying at twitter. That choice of wording stuck out to me too.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

davecrazy posted:

$100 million to fire him

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He probably got actual lawyers to write it and didn't dismiss their opinions and concerns.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Wonder whose tweeting will end up costing more, Musk here or Tate Vs Thunberg

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It takes a big man to apologize

Which is why Elon is saying "it's someone else's fault for telling me the wrong stuff, or actually maybe this guy really is the worst but it just isn't that important, whatever, I'm magnanimous :agesilaus:" instead of apologizing

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol at least Trump knows never to apologise if you want to keep your insane followers

Musk acknowledging an L is going make him seem weak to his worst boot licks

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol I bet his "considering to staying at Twitter" is just him saying some bullshit while his lawyers get the case together

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Codependent Poster posted:

lol I bet his "considering to staying at Twitter" is just him saying some bullshit while his lawyers get the case together

If the call was even real. The dude has claimed he's talked or chatted with people before and it's turned out to be bullshit.

e: oh that's what you were saying basically lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

davecrazy posted:

elon's got experience firing people and not giving a poo poo but just realised this also touches on something else he has experience in - being forced to buy a company

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

elon probably shouldn't have skipped this

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1586680643831836677?s=46&t=rSc-CAl4ZevcACnaJdfMFg

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's also pretty late in the evening in Iceland

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Staying to do what anyway? They'd shuttered his role and locked him out. That position is dead. He's either going to get impossible demands or tasks entirely beneath him.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I like how this starts off with "actually it turns out Twitter is a poo poo medium for communication"

Good thing no one would be dumb enough to spend $44B on buying it lol

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

“Better to talk to people then communicate via tweet”

~ Man who paid $44b for tweeting platform

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

goatface posted:

Staying to do what anyway? They'd shuttered his role and locked him out. That position is dead. He's either going to get impossible demands or tasks entirely beneath him.

his job will be to technically be an employee of twitter so they can keep paying for his company in instalments rather than being forced to find the full amount to pay him off

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm on my phone someone please post what he just retweeted at the top of his timeline from Twitternomics or whatever

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Durzel posted:

“Better to talk to people then communicate via tweet”

~ Man who paid $44b for tweeting platform

Also, man who refused/blocked all communication with the person in question until Tweeting was the only option left

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

goatface posted:

well elon's probably at the point where he's realised he either needs to immediately pay out the rest of the acquisition contract or just have the dude draw a salary until the company declares bankruptcy regardless of if he performs any role at all and is choosing the option that costs him less money in the short-term.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New theory: He's only receiving Twitter comms via DM and private accounts. The reason he's obsessed with longer character limits is because it otherwise makes his memos and daily updates all bitty and annoying to read.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
have you guys heard about figma?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Songbearer posted:

I'm on my phone someone please post what he just retweeted at the top of his timeline from Twitternomics or whatever

https://twitter.com/Teslaconomics/status/1633260357560172545

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon, what would you say ... ya do here?

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
lol, Elon has to be the stupidest motherfucker on the planet

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Countdown to elon's mom posting

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

have you guys heard about figma?

not much, what's a figma with you?! :elon:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

not much, what's a figma with you?! :elon:

It's a tool for mocking up computer interfaces so you can decide what works before you implement them in code. It's quite useful and used by all the big software companies.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
our society deserves better evil puppetmasters. elon, trump, bezos, larry summers. Just bottom of the barrel losers. Theyre not even scary or threatening. Just lumpy pillowsoft dweebs

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

It's a tool for mocking up computer interfaces so you can decide what works before you implement them in code. It's quite useful and used by all the big software companies.

concerning

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

pics or it didn't happen 🤣🤣

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah Larry Summers was reportedly a terror on the set of Double Dare

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
feeling pretty envious of the writers out there working on books on Elon's takeover of twitter

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

Also, man who refused/blocked all communication with the person in question until Tweeting was the only option left
:lol:

Also mods (?!) I said “then” instead of “than” and that made it into the thread title. Sorry. :smith:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

feeling pretty envious of the writers out there working on books on Elon's takeover of twitter

this will probably turn into competing netflix and hulu series like those fyre fest documentaries

or maybe one will be a dramatization like that one with jared leto playing the wework guy. jeremy strong would be pretty good as musk, if a little too on the nose. or edward norton reprising the role

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sometimes I think things are getting stale and I wish Elon would hurry up and destroy Twitter so we can bring this saga to an end. And then a day like today happens and I appreciate that there are still unfound depths of lols there.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Ah, so you admit what he was doing was mocking Elon

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

Sometimes I think things are getting stale and I wish Elon would hurry up and destroy Twitter so we can bring this saga to an end. And then a day like today happens and I appreciate that there are still unfound depths of lols there.

I hope Elon destroys Elon in much the same way that Hitler killed a Nazi because that will be funny for all eternity and literally no human being would be hurt.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
turns out, the brittle stack was Elon's ego and sense of morals all along

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Ignoring Mush for a second, god drat that dude is dumb. Donkeys are occasionally used as guard animals for sheep, because they'll straight up kill things like coyotes or dogs that attack the flock. I'm pretty sure that donkey is just giving him a "friendly warning" to leave it alone, since it isn't trampling him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

QuarkJets posted:

I like how this starts off with "actually it turns out Twitter is a poo poo medium for communication"

Good thing no one would be dumb enough to spend $44B on buying it lol

This 1000x. I couldn't believe he wrote that.