Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The undiscovered country is the future though, something low tax will never be a part of

Fatality!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Elon is probably listed somewhere in the Leper Colony with the mod note “USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST”

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Spoggerific posted:

A couple months ago, someone mentioned there was a YOSPOS poster who people joked about being Elon a while ago, but I forget who it was and who said it.

Stymie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lightpole posted:

He would be failed FYAD whitenoise at best

He probably got banned in GBS for posting about warez or a torrent seed in like 2003.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I often wonder what kind of poster Elon would be if he were a goon.

Ozma but worse at typing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I often wonder what kind of poster Elon would be if he were a goon. I know he fancies himself a Lowtax type, but even though he turned out to be an enormous piece of poo poo whose last decision was the right one, you have to admit that 1999 Lowtax had the right blend of a certain wit, charisma and circumstance that a community could coalesce around and Musk has…none of that. His tweets are like the epitome of lovely White Noise poster who is so intolerable that not only does he get run out of FYAD, but even BYOB finds him too unchill to post.

I’m basically watching Twitter waiting for something like this to happen but with Rhodesian Lowtax shrieking NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP GRIMES

https://youtu.be/9OYZ04mCGCo

Ghost Recon-ing intensifies

yospos canon is that apartheid clyde formerly posted under the name stymie who was one of the most tedious trolls who always acted like he was some sort of laborer til someone called him out as a vc or some kind of c-level, he melted down, and stopped posting after getting banned for comparing himself to a rape victim.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lightpole posted:

lol he'd be run out of gbs, fyad would eat him alive

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

yospos canon is that apartheid clyde formerly posted under the name stymie who was one of the most tedious trolls who always acted like he was some sort of laborer til someone called him out as a vc or some kind of c-level, he melted down, and stopped posting after getting banned for comparing himself to a rape victim.

meanwhile all this time it was a probatable offense to quote stymie because he was so insufferable yet graph just refused to even give him a sixer for his horrible posting

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wow he might actually be elon

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wow he might actually be elon

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
The best part about the Icelandic guy saga is all the people saying "wow I had a ton of respect for you but just lost some"

As if anything new was revealed about his personality by this?

lightpole posted:

It's this, he'd be a FYAD try-hard flameout

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'd buy this version of events though

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Honestly, the best evidence that Elon isn’t some perma’d loser is that he doesn’t own the website. He’s clearly not the type that would be able to let that go.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol he'd be run out of gbs, fyad would eat him alive

He has millions of followers and can't whitenoise shitpost on his own platform. He spent $44 billion to be the main character you think he's headed to GBS??

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Well I think we can rule coupons right out

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dude… we were one step removed from stormfront.org or 4chan with a $10 entry fee for a long time.

This was where young terminally online folks went back in the day. Just because the community is much more respectable now, he’d have been buying SOMETHING AWFUL. Honestly buying it with funny money crypto gains and hiding your true identity is the way to go.

I respect the Jeffrey approach. It ain’t perfect but it more or less works for SA and the user experience and community hasn’t degraded at all IMO since he bought it.

Not perfect, but still very good. Especially when you consider the old days.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/1633255115837546496

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

weak

post through it like a real g

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

no just keep posting you totally got this bro

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

no just post harder

I feel like Tucker's about to experience a variant of this while he himself will also have to :justpost:

e- Here's the full IV drip of FOX schadenfreude: https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/03/07/fox-news-lawsuit/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=wp_main

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 8, 2023

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
What happened to rolling with the punches

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Dude… we were one step removed from stormfront.org or 4chan with a $10 entry fee for a long time.

This was where young terminally online folks went back in the day. Just because the community is much more respectable now, he’d have been buying SOMETHING AWFUL. Honestly buying it with funny money crypto gains and hiding your true identity is the way to go.

I respect the Jeffrey approach. It ain’t perfect but it more or less works for SA and the user experience and community hasn’t degraded at all IMO since he bought it.

Not perfect, but still very good. Especially when you consider the old days.

Yeah, when Lowtax was melting down I thought the most likely outcome was gonna be him deleting the site out of spite and there was a scramble to try to move some subforums to discord but it wouldn’t have been close to the same. Even if the site had stuck around but became plagued with broken features and constant outages it probably would have gone into a death spiral.

I don’t have any insider knowledge but Jeffrey seems to be doing fine as the jackasses of the internet are still chased off while the content flows. I’m glad he doesn’t try to make any big promises like bringing back the front page or weird monetization, just keeps the essentials functioning fine.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’m glad he doesn’t try to make any big promises like bringing back the front page

um

yeah about that...

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
As far as absentee landlords go, he's still miles better than the last one

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I always figured elon was more of a 4chan edgelord

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

elon musk admitted to posting on 8chan. that's the energy he brings to the table

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
I said this before and I'll say it again

Elon Musk is a redditor who desperately wishes he was a goon. He is fully aware he'd get chased away from here instantly and that awareness kills him inside.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

McNally posted:

um

yeah about that...

Wait is he bringing back the frontpage?!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait is he bringing back the frontpage?!

He'd like to but there are a bunch of other site things that needed to be fixed more urgently so there's no current timetable.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
hey look, someone at the NHTSA discovered twitter videos

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1633443958222192642?t=iNU4Ewsyh_IZH7ePGXvjmw&s=19

granted this is just the 2023s which somehow shipped without a steering wheel bolt, but I've seen many "oops, wheel fell off, sweet, please help @elonmusk" videos for years

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

This is Operation Kingslayer

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Tucker's just mad Elon hosed the green m&m or Lola Bunny and he didn't probably

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

hey look, someone at the NHTSA discovered twitter videos

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1633443958222192642?t=iNU4Ewsyh_IZH7ePGXvjmw&s=19

granted this is just the 2023s which somehow shipped without a steering wheel bolt, but I've seen many "oops, wheel fell off, sweet, please help @elonmusk" videos for years

A good steering wheel that doesn’t fly out of the car when you’re driving!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

granted this is just the 2023s which somehow shipped without a steering wheel bolt,

What in the goddamn gently caress

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

McNally posted:

um

yeah about that...

All things considered Jeffery handles the criticism and feedback from the forums better then Lowtax ever did.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Within spec

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Turns out that successfully mass producing vehicles is difficult. Who knew?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

stealie72 posted:

Turns out that successfully mass producing vehicles is difficult. Who knew?

Look if we disrupt a few more paradigms and leverage the right synergies this whole problem will be solved. Those old car companies just didn't shift their viewpoints the right way.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Nystral posted:

All things considered Jeffery handles the criticism and feedback from the forums better then Lowtax ever did.

You mean by not handling it at all? Pretty sure everyone else on the team is doing the heavy lifting. That dude dodges accountability harder than Neo dodged bullets in Matrix 1.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

A good steering wheel that doesn’t fly out of the car when you’re driving!

Beat me to it

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

If this happens it'll be a lot worse than any previous military boondoggle the US has been mired in. For one thing the people being abused will be able to walk to where the ones responsible live. For another, I do believe that there would be some minds on the right dreaming up an Ultimate Answer to the Mexican Conundrum.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Uhh all the other QA was perfect!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shoulda paid for the autopilot upgrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

A.o.D. posted:

If this happens it'll be a lot worse than any previous military boondoggle the US has been mired in. For one thing the people being abused will be able to walk to where the ones responsible live. For another, I do believe that there would be some minds on the right dreaming up an Ultimate Answer to the Mexican Conundrum.

They were in Mexico so one of their party could get a cosmetic medical procedure done

Invading Mexico is absolutely the correct response, nothing else to see here

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 8, 2023