Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Gruckles posted:

The lopporits are good little fellas so they gained souls after hanging around for a bit. Just like how we witnessed Alpha starting as a soulless construct but becoming a real boy by the end of 1 adventure.

I misread this as Alphi and honestly, still works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Onean posted:

In Elpis we found out that souls were really only given by Etheirys itself for some creations, and they weren't decided on by the creators. There's one reference outside of that I'm aware of: Hythlodaeus saying that it'd be odd for Azem to make a familiar with a soul when talking about you when you first arrived. So, with those two references I'd say it's reasonable that Venat would be able to purposely make Loporrits in such a way to give them souls, but most Ancients in general weren't able to.

It might matter that the Loporrits were made once she was Hydaleyen, too --- IIRC she talks about being "the will of the star" in EW some, which may suggest some ability to fiddle with stuff like this which original Venat might not have had.

Of course, Argus was created earlier and surely they have a soul?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

OddObserver posted:

It might matter that the Loporrits were made once she was Hydaleyen, too --- IIRC she talks about being "the will of the star" in EW some, which may suggest some ability to fiddle with stuff like this which original Venat might not have had.

Of course, Argus was created earlier and surely they have a soul?

Look into his eyes and tell me he has a soul.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Venat leaves the Loporrits alone for a few patch cycles and the Warrior of Light is already convincing them to throw a wild party...

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Dubstep is canon now

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Endwalker Hildibrand might genuinely kill me. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Endwalker Hildibrand might genuinely kill me. :allears:

The duty is legitimately hype.

Also Blitzball confirmed???

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Please god someone tell me you had a gif of Brandihild doing the Sherlock Meme.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oh yeah, I need that gif very badly

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol Koh has the HoH floor 100 accessories. Gamer confirmed.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Countblanc posted:

lol Koh has the HoH floor 100 accessories. Gamer confirmed.

It feels like Orthos is deliberately designed with some nods to the other deep dungeons, which is cute. The fact that one of the random mobs in 1-10 is a Behemoth that can immediately bust out the notorious run-killer move for PotD solo runs was really funny.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Electric Phantasm posted:

The duty is legitimately hype.

Also Blitzball confirmed???

Thanks for reminding me I wanted to get a shot of that in my Unintentionally FFX-ish Outfit. (Manderville spoilers)

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Well, that certainly was a Hildibrand quest that exists.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Final Fantasy XIV posted:

You perform a spirited harvest dance for Shakingway.

Shakingway: Whoa, what was that? Such beauty, such grace... Erm! Ha-ha-ha, your dance is weak! I'm still the dance master of whom all speak!

Shakingway doesn't acknowledge that movement as dance. Only dance will change his opinion of you.

You dance sprightly for Shakingway.

Shakingway: If this is a dream, don't wake me... Ahem! I-I mean! Is that really the best you can do? Then do it again─but you can't, can you?

You perform a stately ball dance for Shakingway.

Shakingway: Ha! You only had a lucky streak─my sensational moves cannot be beat!

Shakingway doesn't acknowledge that movement as dance, and to make matters worse, he now derides you in slant rhyme. Demand his respect with an unparalleled display of dance.

I kinda wish all dance emotes counted as a dance.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I kinda wish all dance emotes counted as a dance.

This is like the one thing that consistently pisses me off about the game.

It's worse I'm not huge fan of the regular dance.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The catgirl dance is pretty cute but it doesn't persist so I hate it

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love my Femroe but roe default dances are the most :effort: thing I've seen.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

YggiDee posted:

Better than highlady dances - which make me actively angry when I see them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Elezen dances feel sarcastic. M Au Ra is trying to be a backup dancer.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

YggiDee posted:

I kind of love them, because my Roe alt is supposed to be a dweeb, so I appreciate her dancing like someone just explained the concept to her ten minutes ago and she's a little vague on the details

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Just mod so all /dance is Flossing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I still miss doing the Napoleon Dynamite dance on my Blood Elf...

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Roe dance is an embarrassing shuffle

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I need the Manderville Sidestep to be a learnable skill.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I need the Manderville Sidestep to be a learnable skill.

Ninja Level 100.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The m!Elezen dance is my favorite dance in the game. Go on king, give us nothing.

f!Au Ra is boring. :( m!Viera is ok.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

River Dance best dance

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

River Dance best dance

It's the half-hearted swing of the leg at the end which makes it feel sarcastic.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM2TB137VZc

so loving good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hopeandjoy posted:

f!Au Ra is boring. :(

I just looked this up and it rules, actually. Way better than fem Miqo'te, at least.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70qQjhNays
Just watch them all and make the correct judgement

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ImpAtom posted:

Please god someone tell me you had a gif of Brandihild doing the Sherlock Meme.

Reddit has you covered: https://i.redd.it/u06d0c053ema1.gif

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cabbit posted:

Reddit has you covered: https://i.redd.it/u06d0c053ema1.gif

Nice Virtua Fighter win animation

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
Well, I'm not sure what I was expecting for Eureka Orthos, but it wasn't for Noah to prompt me with "cloning and enslavement of sapient beings, admirable?"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

quote:

Koh Rabntah: After protracted battle and innumerable losses on the southern continent, the empire sought a means by which to use the strength of dragons to aid their conquest.
Koh Rabntah: The cloning system you encountered was created to make this dream into reality.
Koh Rabntah: Its genius lies in the unification of two technologies: dragon cloning and control mechanisms for biological organisms. It enabled the creation of winged soldiers whose obedience was absolute.
Koh Rabntah: The woman in charge of researching and developing the system lost her husband in the southern campaign. It was said that a dragon bit his head clean off, and only his body was returned home for burial.
Koh Rabntah: She threw herself into her work, so that no others would suffer as she did. “A claw for a claw, a fang for a fang...” Such was her mantra as she spent countless long nights perfecting the system.

So Noah is talking about General(?) Garuda and her Ixsalion airborne regiment here, right?

Jetrauben posted:

Well, I'm not sure what I was expecting for Eureka Orthos, but it wasn't for Noah to prompt me with "cloning and enslavement of sapient beings, admirable?"

I wish I could've told her that maybe her countrymen wouldn't have had to do all that lovely poo poo to "Survive" if they hadn't gone and invaded another continent.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Mar 8, 2023

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So Noah is talking about General(?) Garuda and her Ixsalion airborne regiment here, right?

I wish I could've told her that maybe her countrymen wouldn't have had to do all that lovely poo poo to "Survive" if they hadn't gone and invaded another continent.

Yeah, like, I get that Noah doesn't seem a malevolent person, but they literally invaded Meracydia for very little reason, and dragons are known to be sapient!

Granted, rich Allagans were at the point where they swapped bodies like clothes, it seemed, but still.

It also seems likely she doesn't realize that Tiamat is literally our friend.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Man, Koh Rabntah really got like no time off, huh

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Man, Koh Rabntah really got like no time off, huh

Given the way that Noah talks about her, she seems to be into the whole "possessed by an incredibly powerful wizard of eld who's also a party girl" thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is there any way to actually die when you're playing as Godbert? I noticed the QTE stops time until you successfully complete it, and all of the outgoing damage seems to do far too little to actually harm him. I only found myself wondering when his slide kick carried me into the rotating AOE, only for the damage to be so miniscule that I didn't even bother dodging afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is there any way to actually die when you're playing as Godbert? I noticed the QTE stops time until you successfully complete it, and all of the outgoing damage seems to do far too little to actually harm him. I only found myself wondering when his slide kick carried me into the rotating AOE, only for the damage to be so miniscule that I didn't even bother dodging afterwards.

No. None of the AOEs do any appreciable damage and Godbert even has unique dialogue for it with how Godbert considers it a refreshing little zap. I just wish I had thought to leave Hildibrand to soak the shared aoe by himself because that would have probably had unique dialogue too.