Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Nobody actually knows how the human body works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

what does any of this have to do with getting pussy

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Pharmaskittle posted:

what does any of this have to do with getting pussy

now we're talking

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

OK you guys weren't joking that Felix sounded completely blasted in this episode, drat

Also once again Matt is just kind of listening to everything going on and making maybe 3 comments over the entire hour

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
someone should come up with a harebrained theory around the fact that Felix’s Heroin Voice started up just after he revealed he has a new romantic partner in the law and order Ep. not me tho

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

someone should come up with a harebrained theory around the fact that Felix’s Heroin Voice started up just after he revealed he has a new romantic partner in the law and order Ep. not me tho

This isn’t that harebrained, certainly more reasonable than “Felix is doing hard drugs and is wasted on the podcast”.

He’s probably dating some valley girl with a California surfer drawl so his speech patterns have slowed way down from nasal Chicago machine gunning.

Very common to mirror your partners speech habits and tics.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

he's being munchausen by proxy'd

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

she munch on my hausen till I proxy

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

space uncle posted:

This isn’t that harebrained, certainly more reasonable than “Felix is doing hard drugs and is wasted on the podcast”.

He’s probably dating some valley girl with a California surfer drawl so his speech patterns have slowed way down from nasal Chicago machine gunning.

Very common to mirror your partners speech habits and tics.

lol this actually makes a lot of sense bc the heroin voice is occurring when he seems bored or is disgusted but not angry about something, when one of his interests comes up he perks up and enunciates like he used to

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
He could just be sick.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Heath posted:

He could just be sick.

Also very true!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pharmaskittle posted:

she munch on my hausen till I proxy

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
christ in heaven

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Heath posted:

He could just be sick.

Didn’t someone ITT say he got injured? lol that goons immediately jumped to “HE’S A JUNKIE!” when he’s probably on pain meds.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

all the stars are here

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Equeen posted:

Didn’t someone ITT say he got injured? lol that goons immediately jumped to “HE’S A JUNKIE!” when he’s probably on pain meds.

that's how it starts

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Felix's devil woman gf broke his foot and is now plying him with heroin to nurse him in a sick Munchausen by proxy relationship

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

COPE 27 posted:

Also you can get long *any virus* because sometimes the immune system just fucks up. It's not exactly new in the way it gets breathlessly reported on, although it probably went up somewhat due to the sheer volume of covid infections.

I got a normal cold before covid started that stretched out into an 8 month battle with extreme allergies that required an epi-pen a couple times, only to just go away on its own.

I remember some girl in 7th or 8th grade who got mono and was sick on and off for an entire semester. My thinking at the time was that it sounded p sweet because I could've played so many video games instead of going to school.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I got mono in my 20's and went through a prolonged cycle of feeling kind of okay, going out and doing anything fun, and then immediately relapsing hard for a while.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I got mono in my 20's and went through a prolonged cycle of feeling kind of okay, going out and doing anything fun, and then immediately relapsing hard for a while.

i got it in college and had primary symptoms for 6 straight weeks. I had to go to the hospital because my tonsils swelled up so bad i was having trouble swallowing water. My pancreas was so inflamed i was on lifting restriction at my job for like 5 months after because there was a real risk of rupturing it.

Epstein barr can lie dormant for decades and im still scared that someday a bout of stress or something will trigger a relapse

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Lucian Wintrich? I haven't thought about the knockoff Milo Yabbadabbadoopolis in a while.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

net work error posted:

Nobody actually knows how the human body works

It's cool to hear someone tell you some info from early on in the pandemic that's been proven to be completely untrue and you realize all of public health is just managing a giant telephone game

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It's cool to hear someone tell you some info from early on in the pandemic that's been proven to be completely untrue and you realize all of public health is just managing a giant telephone game

It's cool when public health officials just lie for expediency, definitely no way that will backfire!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

what if he’s on allergy medication because it’s spring in a new place for him

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Genuine question, what specifically are you referring to?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Heath posted:

Genuine question, what specifically are you referring to?

Masks don't work

Breakthrough infections are rare

We'll get herd immunity at 80% vaccination

Covid is spread by droplets

Asymptomatic transmission is rare

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

COPE 27 posted:

Masks don't work

Breakthrough infections are rare

We'll get herd immunity at 80% vaccination

Covid is spread by droplets

Asymptomatic transmission is rare

yeah any of these

the idea of "standing 6 feet apart" being some kind of magic ward against the spread of disease

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Was "you need to wear a cloth mask over your cloth mask" ever really a thing?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Fauci admitted to intentionally lying on several occasions, can't see how that would backfire with the right wing idiots!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Double masking was definitely a thing at some point. I mean, if you wanna point out points where the CDC/WHO or whatever really, truly hosed up - they officially recommended N95 or better masks for I think a week before they completely reversed and said vaccinated people don't have to wear masks at all. that was an entirely unforced error and it was just to get people excited about a vaccine most of them were prepared to get already.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

COPE 27 posted:

Fauci admitted to intentionally lying on several occasions, can't see how that would backfire with the right wing idiots!

They started the whole pandemic response with a big ol' lie that N95 masks weren't needed for the general public, just for health care workers. Which I'm sure did wonders for uptake of masking later.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

They started the whole pandemic response with a big ol' lie that N95 masks weren't needed for the general public, just for health care workers. Which I'm sure did wonders for uptake of masking later.

AND DIDN'T EVEN PROVIDE THEM FOR THE WORKERS!

gently caress

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but sometimes we have to come to this thread and say things that we want to scream into our liberal friends' faces while shaking them by the shoulders. Why is Fauci a hero after we know he lied to the public about a deadly pandemic? Because Trump made him? He should have resigned. That's a totally normal thing, for government officials to resign their post when their superior is ordering them to do bad things or making it impossible for them to do the job. It's happened many times in history! It's not like he didn't have a cushy gig waiting for him somewhere! I don't know why this guy got humanitarian awards for being Sean Spicer, MD.

It kinda tells you how even people who still have faith in this system have internally given in to the logic of utter corruption. It's unthinkable for anyone in power to do anything that doesn't immediately benefit their own career, and downright monstrous to suggest a rich person quit a job that requires them to do bad things.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

If I didn't want conspiracy theories about me I probably would not engage in conspiracies.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Yeah it was also maddening watching the liberal reputation cleaning machine work in real time. Fauci went from being a terrible pick that Trump did intentionally to minimize Covid the same way Reagan did AIDS... to being a valiant public servant who resisted Trump in service of average everyday Americans. Now you can't even say he botched the AIDS crisis, or that Reagan did, without getting pushback from libs on the matter.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I’m in Iowa and friends with folks who run libraries, teach and work with the disabled. I feel bad for them going so hard in the group chats about the bills that are being passed right now, writing policy statements, calling reps, going to the Capitol to testify. They think there’s a shot that some West Wing moment will occur and head off the bad outcomes, but it’s all pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Real “I love your passion” hours

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I remember when my stepdad told me Fauci was the highest paid member of the Federal government.

I figured this was just another right wing conspiracy or maybe he was just drunk. But I looked it up - 100% true.

This dipshit who gets all the credit for preventing a disastrous Trump Covid policy was also making more money than any other public official in the country. Insane.

1.1 million deaths and Liberals are saying “it could have been worse!” and “Fauci did nothing wrong, he lied to us to protect us”. As though we are all 3 year olds that need to be lied to that we’re out of ice cream so we have to eat our vegetables.

I think people get defensive of him due to all the “Fauci sucked the blood out of a bat in Wuhan with his teeth and invented Covid in a lab to make Trump look dumb”, which is obviously ridiculous, but the antidote to that isn’t hero worship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
That's disgusting, the very idea of a doctor making more money than a college football coach