Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

gonadic io posted:

It really is very funny how they pick photos when they don't like somebody

its really blatant with Humza Yousef of late lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/08/gary-lineker-bbc-uk-asylum-policy-nazi-germany-match-of-the-day-presenter

gary lineker cancelled by the woke moralist mob (tory MPs) for pointing out a vague connection between this and 30s germany

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
did anyone do a "who said it, himmler or braveman, hitler or jenrick" yet

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Samfr/status/1633422193047511040

We HATE small boats too why is she blaming us?? Here I am, slaving away oiling the tracks to the concentration camps, and my pay is STAGNANT

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/milo_edwards/status/1633238578971934725?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/paulimeth/status/1633455890887249920?s=20

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's no different anywhere else but I am so tired of the UK. I had a slur thrown at me whilst going over the shop and I hate this place.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Nah, most countries are not doing this kind of thing.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Private Speech posted:

Nah, most countries are not doing this kind of thing.

Give it 5 to 10 years.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Theres a reason those in the know call england the worst place in the world

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Flipswitch posted:

It's no different anywhere else but I am so tired of the UK. I had a slur thrown at me whilst going over the shop and I hate this place.

People are poo poo, goon. Sorry to hear that you caught some of that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It feels planned that the country gets this much worse immediately after leaving the EU so British people no longer have freedom of movement.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Americans have a lot of tolerance for anyone with an accent originating from the British Isles. And it's still pretty easy to move from the UK to Canada if all youse really want to flee.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Zeroisanumber posted:

Americans have a lot of tolerance for anyone with an accent originating from the British Isles. And it's still pretty easy to move from the UK to Canada if all youse really want to flee.

If you've got money or specific qualifications. And if I had those then I'd sooner move to Portugal or somewhere like that.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Canada requires visas for people from the UK to move there?! what was even the point of conquering that territory and putting all those whites there then?!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Canada requires visas for people from the UK to move there?! what was even the point of conquering that territory and putting all those whites there then?!

would you let a Briton into your home if you could help it?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Al-Saqr posted:

It made some people very rich OP

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

If you've got money or specific qualifications. And if I had those then I'd sooner move to Portugal or somewhere like that.

We already had "Ok are Americans justified in moving here" on our public tv which featured a lengthy discussion of the North American healthcare system and so on, but trying to do that but for the English is going to be a giant cognitohazard since most of our press cheered on Boris and the like.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

mawarannahr posted:

hmmmm youre right they have a nasty habit of refusing to leave places they go to

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Remember when some thought Brexit would allow them to close off the borders to the UK to everyone foreign, but the UK itself would be able to travel where ever it wanted.
Fun times.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mawarannahr posted:

Are they hot? I'll open my door for a hottie.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
https://twitter.com/Samfr/status/1633479582597693441

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Remember Ireland requires no visa or paperwork at all

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

gonadic io posted:

Remember Ireland requires no visa or paperwork at all

again with this poo poo man

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

hey you know what this place needs? more english people

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wet. Eggs.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Gripweed posted:

It feels planned that the country gets this much worse immediately after leaving the EU so British people no longer have freedom of movement.

Invisible Immigrants: The English in Canada since 1945

Despite being one of the largest immigrant groups contributing to the development of modern Canada, the story of the English has been all but untold. In Invisible Immigrants, Marilyn Barber and Murray Watson document the experiences of English-born immigrants who chose to come to Canada during England’s last major wave of emigration between the 1940s and the 1970s. Engaging life story oral histories reveal the aspirations, adventures, occasional naiveté, and challenges of these hidden immigrants.

Postwar English immigrants believed they were moving to a familiar British country. Instead, like other immigrants, they found they had to deal with separation from home and family while adapting to a new country, a new landscape, and a new culture. Although English immigrants did not appear visibly different from their new neighbours, as soon as they spoke they were immediately identified as “foreign.”

Barber and Watson reveal the personal nature of the migration experience and how socio-economic structures, gender expectations, and marital status shaped possibilities and responses. In postwar North America dramatic changes in both technology and the formation of national identities influenced their new lives and helped shape their memories. Their stories contribute to our understanding of postwar immigration and fill a significant gap in the history of English migration to Canada.

Al-Saqr posted:

I had to order a reference on it from the library, but the reason for the dramatic drop in British immigration after the 60's was apparently because Canada introduced the points system to keep out undesirables and somehow Britons got caught in the crossfire. That's very funny to me for whatever reason.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 13:22 on Mar 9, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

it really isn't

it needs money and the required skills/qualifications

i know this is cspam but not everyone is a programmer. Used to be you could be working class but luck into easy moves like when Australia really wanted bakers quickly for some reason. But I think those days are over.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

So the modern slavery thing is really loving bad. Companies aree going to be able to use illegal immigrants as slave/extremely underpaid labour which is I assume the actual point, cause there will be donors and possibly MPs themselves already rubbing against the modern slavery regulations with their immigrant staff

Basically legalising businesses paying people illegally low wages with no protections as long as theyr vulnerable asylum seekers, in the name of protecting workers from immigrants. Incredibly British.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Regarde Aduck posted:

it really isn't

it needs money and the required skills/qualifications

Yep. This is what I mean about Canada's racist system to keep out the global south in the 60's backfiring because ultimately we did restrict immigration to the doctors and lawyers of India and Africa, sure, but it also kept out most regular people from all countries, including the UK.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

bitmap posted:

hey you know what this place needs? more english people

Are you posting from hell?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

you open the door to find Mike Gapes leaning against your doorframe, holding a dozen roses

e: he is not wearing a ring

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Microplastics posted:

Are you posting from hell?

no, they're clearly not in England

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Communist Thoughts posted:

So the modern slavery thing is really loving bad. Companies aree going to be able to use illegal immigrants as slave/extremely underpaid labour which is I assume the actual point, cause there will be donors and possibly MPs themselves already rubbing against the modern slavery regulations with their immigrant staff

Basically legalising businesses paying people illegally low wages with no protections as long as theyr vulnerable asylum seekers, in the name of protecting workers from immigrants. Incredibly British.

Yeah I've been going on about this all week - there's no way they can't see that this will act as an incentive for the worst people smugglers and gangmasters to smuggle even more people in, to exploit on an even bigger (and easier!) scale

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i’m sure instant arrest and deportation after 28 days won’t accidentally snare some british citizens, such as that kid with learning difficulties who nearly got deported to nigeria because he couldn’t communicate well

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I'm glad the stormtroopers are sad

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1633893521726885890

Abolish the BBC

E:
https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1634087705129762816

Jesus christ

dispatch_async has issued a correction as of 08:38 on Mar 10, 2023

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

demonising migrants for political gain may kill or enslave a lot of people, but it also panders to our opinion of the public as racists, so, it;s impossible to say if it's bad or not - the BBC

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i have a morbid curiosity to watch question time and see what the “randomly chosen” audience of 55-75 year old white men think about this whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

imagine spending all week cheerfully repeating tory boasts about how theyre going to allow people to enslave refugees and then turning around and saying this poo poo lol