Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Entropic posted:

I mean, if I were that guy, I would definitely be saying stuff like "well, it really looked like you fired me there, in violation of our contract, which would incur massive penalties for you, but I think we can agree you didn't actually fire me and actually instead gave me a huge bonus for this quarter"

That bonus would never eventuate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Think someone mentioned it before, but yeah he may actually be wanting the huge pay out at the moment, just because previously he was doing it under the understanding that he would be getting a continuous pay and all that. With how twitters going, getting paid now and just donating what he wants to donate could be a far safer option. Who the hell knows if twitters even going to be about next year.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

dr_rat posted:

Think someone mentioned it before, but yeah he may actually be wanting the huge pay out at the moment, just because previously he was doing it under the understanding that he would be getting a continuous pay and all that. With how twitters going, getting paid now and just donating what he wants to donate could be a far safer option. Who the hell knows if twitters even going to be about next year.

this is a very good point. selling out to twitter was a way better prospect a year or two ago.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What happens if halli doesn't come back and musk doesn't pay out his contract. Musk seems to be very good at not paying for things he's obligated to and facing zero consequences for it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

What happens if halli doesn't come back and musk doesn't pay out his contract. Musk seems to be very good at not paying for things he's obligated to and facing zero consequences for it

Halli has the kind of contract capitalism prioritizes above literally everything else and even Musk can’t avoid.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So that dude legit gets $100 million if he gets fired?

Oh Elon :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Goodnight everyone, today was an incredibly funny day on twitter dot com and it was extremely fun seeing musk completely eat poo poo and get totally owned once again. I wonder what completely unforced, pointless spat he will get himself humiliated in next.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Goodnight everyone, today was an incredibly funny day on twitter dot com and it was extremely fun seeing musk completely eat poo poo and get totally owned once again. I wonder what completely unforced, pointless spat he will get himself humiliated in next.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's a fetishist and it's making me feel gross for participating.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

beep by grandpa posted:

Yes that's why he ended up not buying Twitter and paying $24 billion out of his own pocket when he backed out of it, right?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Elon Musk and Ted Cruz are competing to see who is the bigger pain pig

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Weak rear end poo poo

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1632925328770322433?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Halli leans in real close to Elon's ear

"figma balls lol"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wrong thread

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 8, 2023

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I just relayed this story to my dad and he kept cracking up, but every time I had to say "hold on, I'm still not done," layering more and more insanity on to it. One of the best Elon days in recent memory.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I wonder if employment lawyers see a Christmas ham every time Musk tweets.

Christmas A5 Wagyu

Christmas Gold Leaf Tomahawk

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

kazil posted:

Figma Grimes

myGrimes.txt

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Caesar Saladin posted:

I just relayed this story to my dad and he kept cracking up, but every time I had to say "hold on, I'm still not done," layering more and more insanity on to it. One of the best Elon days in recent memory.

How did he react when you said "and THEN he spent 44 billion dollars so he could read his ex girlfriend's DMs"

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

just one small thing...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

just one small thing...

rofl

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

just one small thing...

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

just one small thing...

LMAO

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Arivia posted:

Halli has the kind of contract capitalism prioritizes above literally everything else and even Musk can’t avoid.
He's not a billionaire though.

Has musk even paid the rent yet?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

not gonna make anyone read that which is why its purposefully small. the gist is "ackshully, elon is not cruel, he is a thoughtful person. here is a multithreaded tweet even though i have long tweets enabled i'm going to spend 5+ tweets explaining how actually elon is right in this situation"

then

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

What are these people running from?
They're not! They're running to the world's dumbest insurrection in town! MXC! MAGA eXtremist elimination Challenge!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

not gonna make anyone read that which is why its purposefully small. the gist is "ackshully, elon is not cruel, he is a thoughtful person. here is a multithreaded tweet even though i have long tweets enabled i'm going to spend 5+ tweets explaining how actually elon is right in this situation"

then

How can this dude talk with Elon's dick rammed down his throat?

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

More info about Haraldur "Halli" Þorleifsson:

https://www.icelandreview.com/news/haraldur-thorleifsson-sweeps-person-of-the-year-awards/

Iceland Review posted:

Haraldur Þorleifsson Sweeps Person of the Year Awards
Haraldur Þorleifsson, known as Halli, has garnered multiple Person of the Year Awards from various Icelandic media outlets, including from national broadcaster RÚV, Morgunblaðið, and Vísir.

Halli, a 45 year-old designer, gained nation-wide recognition this year when, after the sale of his tech company Ueno to Twitter, he chose to be paid the sale price as wages. Normally in such large sales, the payment comes in the form of stock or other financial instruments, which categorize the sale as capital gains, meaning it is taxed at a much lower rate. Halli, however, gladly paid the higher tax rate, having spoken publicly on many occasions about the benefits he has received from the Icelandic social system.

Halli was born with muscular dystrophy and came from a working class background. In statements about his decision to pay back into the Icelandic social system, he cited both healthcare and education in Iceland as keys to his success. Notably, he was one of the highest tax payers in the nation after the sale of Ueno.

Since the sale of Ueno, Halli has engaged in numerous philanthropic pursuits, earning a reputation as Iceland’s benevolent tech titan.

One of his best-known projects is Ramp Up Iceland, which is building ramps throughout the nation to increase accessibility for people in wheelchairs. He has also personally donated to the legal funds of victims of sexual abuse, and has garnered praise for charitable donations to families in need this holiday season.

No wonder Musk is mad at him. He is everything that Musk longs to be.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Onkel Hedwig posted:

More info about Haraldur "Halli" Þorleifsson:

https://www.icelandreview.com/news/haraldur-thorleifsson-sweeps-person-of-the-year-awards/

No wonder Musk is mad at him. He is everything that Musk longs to be.

We're all cursed by Musk's existence, but he is cursed to remain eternally hated and derided by all except his sycophants, a horde of Creutzfeldt-Jacob diseased cow brains nailed to a Tesla Powerwall and jacked into Twitter via a Neuralink alpha, mooing fascistly into the void forever.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
https://twitter.com/BondHack/status/1633406060445806592

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That moron. That's poetic justice and has nothing to do with irony. It's not even close to irony! :argh:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
There’s something lovely about the fact that the Musks and Trumps of the world are only loved by people they despise and hated by everyone they’d long to be friends with.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Mr. Play-It-Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
He waited his whole drat life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down
He thought, "Concerning."

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Astrochicken posted:

Mr. Play-It-Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
He waited his whole drat life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down
He thought, "Concerning."

Isn’t it concerning? Makes u think

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

boethius posted:

Isn’t it concerning? Makes u think

Looking into it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That moron. That's poetic justice and has nothing to do with irony. It's not even close to irony! :argh:

it's like 10000 spoons when all you need is a knife

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Strong Sauce posted:

then

Just incredible the alternate reality these people live in. Elmo putting someone on blast in public to justify their job, punching down at them liked to their disability, saying that they never even did any work and mocking them as useless / nonproductive... Is him having super-fine information about everything and masterfully prioritizing Twitter as a "mission" over one employee ??

Then when Musk reveals that actually he knew absolutely nothing and was wrong on everything, it's just "a few minor details" that were imprecise in this idiot's reasoning... Elmo is still the most brilliant bestest boy ever!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I used to wonder how cults of personalities could be maintained without the implicit threat of violence, but now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

I love how utterly disingenuous Elon is with the Tucker Carlson Jan 6 video thing and counting on the right people it's meant for to be loving stupid. Like we already have accounts of some of the officers strangely leading these people around, yet somehow that's supposed to explain away all the videos of them screeching to hang Mike Pence, smashing windows, stealing poo poo, breaking into Pelosi's office and having to eventually be turfed from the building. Like the absolute brain of these conspiracy theories to just accept any evidence that even remotely comes close to fulfilling their narrative and disregarding the mountain of documented evidence that proves exactly what took play took place makes them scarcely worth listening too. Hope Elon enjoys continuing to absolutely torch his credibility with non-insane right wing conspiracy nuts.

Finally the mainstream media is sort of reporting on it too without that irritating as gently caress "Elon" who is a loving completely untrustworthy idiot so gently caress off said this about x. No he doesn't deserve undue credibility and extra weight to what he says because he's a billionaire.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-rogan-cant-figure-out-why-people-think-elon-musk-is-a-right-winger-now

Also Joe Rogan apparently thinks it's super loving weird that anybody could possibly think that Elon Musk is an alt-right hack. Gaslighting pieces of poo poo. :lol:

Kale fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 8, 2023