Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

yeah that loving owns, if i saw a guitar with scars like that on reverb i'd assume it's a hell of a player because the previous owner played the poo poo out it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Southern Cassowary posted:

yeah that loving owns, if i saw a guitar with scars like that on reverb i'd assume it's a hell of a player because the previous owner played the poo poo out it

I would buy it but I’d require all 4 knobs first. I used to have the same model Studio and if it had a gut contour I’d buy it again. That guitar sounded amazing, but wow did I hate holding it.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

TheMightyBoops posted:

I would buy it but I’d require all 4 knobs first. I used to have the same model Studio and if it had a gut contour I’d buy it again. That guitar sounded amazing, but wow did I hate holding it.

i have the other two knobs somewhere i think. i don't think i'd use anything as heavy live if i ever joined a band again, although i wouldn't be jumping around like i did in the past. i'm sure it's partially responsible for my back pain.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i have the other two knobs somewhere i think. i don't think i'd use anything as heavy live if i ever joined a band again, although i wouldn't be jumping around like i did in the past. i'm sure it's partially responsible for my back pain.

I heard somewhere that they recently stopped adding the weight reduction chambers again for some reason? That’s actual stupid music poo poo if that’s real.

Edit: I can’t find anything about it on the internet so I think it was just some poo poo someone said on a forum.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 6, 2023

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Gramps posted:

I kinda use the classic car standard of 25 years but calling a 97 lester "vintage" makes me feel super old... poo poo

I called a card shop to see if they'd buy the Pokemon card set I've had since middle school when they came out, they told me that they don't deal in 'vintage' cards and I should try a trade show :(

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the first 30 seconds of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDX6l9_58RA

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I prefer the 30 second mark of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGU9i5EngBM

Oh Damon don't take on the brass section, you lose every time

(just noticed Damon looks just like his tshirt)

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Was out doing my semi-regular check of what I've dubbed the "magic dumpster" and dragged this beast home.

No idea why they just chucked a former flagship workstation that appears to work 100% into the trash but I'll take it.

Some of the sounds are pretty dated but in a good way.

I need to reorganize my "studio" space to integrate it into the current setup.

e: I meant to post this in the synth thread oh well it fits here too

Thumposaurus fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 8, 2023

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Thumposaurus posted:

Was out doing my semi-regular check of what I've dubbed the "magic dumpster" and dragged this beast home.

No idea why they just chucked a former flagship workstation that appears to work 100% into the trash but I'll take it.

Some of the sounds are pretty dated but in a good way.

I need to reorganize my "studio" space to integrate it into the current setup.

e: I meant to post this in the synth thread oh well it fits here too

That's a great find, what else has the 'magic dumpster' produced to get such a great name?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

A couple of epiphone les pauls, an epiphone SG, an epiphone 335 and 339, various acoustic guitars, a peavey 6505 combo with a blown speake, a Native Instruments Maschine.

Amoung various other parts and pieces, necks, pickups, microphones, and an endless amount of cables.

Alomst everything has needed repaired somehow. Fortunately I have a lot of spare time on my hands.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Thumposaurus posted:

A couple of epiphone les pauls, an epiphone SG, an epiphone 335 and 339, various acoustic guitars, a peavey 6505 combo with a blown speake, a Native Instruments Maschine.

Amoung various other parts and pieces, necks, pickups, microphones, and an endless amount of cables.

Alomst everything has needed repaired somehow. Fortunately I have a lot of spare time on my hands.

Good lord I'd love to have one of those nearby. Behind what kind of establishment does such thing exist?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

i saw this a few days ago on tiktok and it's so funny that no one ever figured it out before or said anything

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

Good lord I'd love to have one of those nearby. Behind what kind of establishment does such thing exist?

The big box music retailer every one loves to hate.rhymes with cuitar genter

Stuff gets damaged in shipping or they clear out the back room and it all goes in the skip.

I usually check it around 10-11 at night I'm about 10 mins away from one so it's no big deal to pop out and check it once a week or so.

One time I ran into some employees smoking and drinking in the parking lot and asked what was up with it. They said if it's in the dumpster the company doesn't care what happens to it.

I wear gloves and boots just in case and have a little high powered flashlight.

This was the biggest score in awhile the previous record holder was this vintage Italian synth that turned out to have a blown fuse.

Have fun!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Thumposaurus posted:

The big box music retailer every one loves to hate.rhymes with cuitar genter

Stuff gets damaged in shipping or they clear out the back room and it all goes in the skip.

I usually check it around 10-11 at night I'm about 10 mins away from one so it's no big deal to pop out and check it once a week or so.

One time I ran into some employees smoking and drinking in the parking lot and asked what was up with it. They said if it's in the dumpster the company doesn't care what happens to it.

I wear gloves and boots just in case and have a little high powered flashlight.

This was the biggest score in awhile the previous record holder was this vintage Italian synth that turned out to have a blown fuse.

Have fun!

Baller, I'm also about 15 mins from a big box store that rhymes with that. Thanks for the info!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I used to work big box retail and our dumpster was 1) locked inside the building in a loading dock and 2) full of lots of broken glass and corporate still wanted us to spray red paint all over anything that went in there to discourage people rummaging through it.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Here's some dumb poo poo

https://help.reverb.com/hc/en-us/articles/14801954640659

Reverb payouts are being held up because of the failure of Silicon Valley Bank. Would assume Etsy is also affected. Bastards owe me $200.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm having a fun giggle at the recent drama with JHS doing a video and mentioning the Bad Monkey. It's hilarious to me, because I bought mine for basically US$15 brand new like a decade ago, and I'm not planning on selling it, but I also don't get people losing their minds, nor getting upset at JHS for mentioning it.

Goddamn musicians are loving dumb sometimes.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm having a fun giggle at the recent drama with JHS doing a video and mentioning the Bad Monkey. It's hilarious to me, because I bought mine for basically US$15 brand new like a decade ago, and I'm not planning on selling it, but I also don't get people losing their minds, nor getting upset at JHS for mentioning it.

Surely THIS tubescreamer clone will bring me fame and fortune

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
It’s funny how people are getting mad at JHS for “blowing up the price” of those Bad Monkey pedals, as if anybody was in the position of desperately having wanted one for years but has never been able to get one at the unobtainably exorbitant price of $59, and NOW they’re even farther out of reach at $250 drat YOU JOSH SCOTT I ALMOST HAD ENOUGH SAVED UP AFTER 19 YEARS!

The real issue is that guitar players are just morons, every bit as susceptible to marketing as children are for cereal. I guarantee you if JHS pedals had just done some video about how great the Bad Monkey is without comparing it with anything, nothing would’ve changed. It would’ve sounded the same as it did in the video he just made, but because it wouldn’t have been compared against something more expensive, no one would’ve given a poo poo. Instead, JHS compares it to a ludicrously expensive pedal and suddenly everyone wants one.

The reason they are mad now is even dumber. Now, they have been given knowledge, but so has everyone else so now it’s not exclusive anymore. Josh Scott made a video that everyone can see and now the “secret is out“ and the price is up. So really, what they are actually mad at is the fact that JHS didn’t specifically go out of their way to call them up to tell them, and nobody else, about this pedal specifically, out of the blue, 19 years after the pedal was introduced, for no reason.

“I am mad at Josh Scott because he didn’t reach out to me personally first before he reached out to everyone else about ta pedal even though I’m just some guy out in the world somewhere who he has never spoken with him before.”

Morons.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 17, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't think anyone's actually mad, except maybe you.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Go post one on reverb and marvel at the unhinged people in your dms. People are definitely mad, which is always funny.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'd only be mad if JHS was insider trading those pedals for $650 each instead of making joke t shirts about the pedals costing $650

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Hang onto that innocence as long as you can. You'll be happier. :)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just don't get mad at things much these days.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

im going to gently caress josh scott

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Good luck, most YouTube gear reviewers are church guys, and Josh is married and a certified church guy.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That's not the certificate of innocence you think it is

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

Which is funny to me, because 99% of PhilX stuff on YouTube was him pumping a Bad Monkey into an old ToneMaster amp thing. He was very open about “and now with the monkey” on his reviews of guitars too. :shrug:

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

It’s just weird that they’re all evangelical church guys, or maybe it’s not really on reflection.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

My friend was an affiliate marketing wizard for sweetwater so she knows all those people. I'll see if she'll hook you up. He's like 6'6 or something so you're probably gonna have to be the little spoon

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

It would be pretty funny based on how JHS show approaches things if the switches on their TS and Rat boxes to switch between the versions were just there for placebo.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

TheMightyBoops posted:

It would be pretty funny based on how JHS show approaches things if the switches on their TS and Rat boxes to switch between the versions were just there for placebo.

I mean he did do a long con where he used a kemper in all his videos for like an entire year and told no one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tltu3yVJWQg

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Gramps posted:

I mean he did do a long con where he used a kemper in all his videos for like an entire year and told no one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tltu3yVJWQg

Lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TheMightyBoops posted:

It’s just weird that they’re all evangelical church guys, or maybe it’s not really on reflection.

Kinda seems like sampling bias as YouTube dudes for heavy metal gear seem somewhat unreligious

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

Kinda seems like sampling bias as YouTube dudes for heavy metal gear seem somewhat unreligious

I was recommended The Pedal Show and 60 Cycle hum when surfing the algorithm at some point when I fell down a rabbit hole of people testing cheap guitars and pedals.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Knowing absolutely nothing about him as a person, 60CH guy gives me extreme Church Guy vibes.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Spanish Manlove posted:

It probably means he's aged out of the target demo though.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Kingo Ligma posted:

It probably means he's aged out of the target demo though.
look dude im twice as much a twink as any of those dudes he pays to hang out in his videos.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

TheMightyBoops posted:

Good luck, most YouTube gear reviewers are church guys, and Josh is married and a certified church guy.
’worship music’ rules. 50 guitarists playong af once and aproximatelt 20000 pedals on stage at a time ftmfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Ah so guitarists have discovered what already happened in the retro game community: any time something is mentioned on a famous YouTube channel it shoots up in price as people scramble to get one.