Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

normal stove with pot that boils over: oh, that's a shame. guess the coil's gonna smell weird for a while while i cook. ah well

glass top stove with pot that boils over: if you turn that burner on again before you spend the entire day cleaning it your stove is ruined forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just use what came with the place. Don't got the money to be having preferences in stoves.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I wanna hear Travis talk about The Simpsons and references to it in Japanese media in the next No More Heroes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Gaius Marius posted:

Peret em Heru
this is fascinating and i hadn't heard about it before, actually. not this time but i'll play some day! horror RPGs always seemed so underexplored, i only know of like three

peep the hammer in the back! not even the most ill-advised thing Zacny has ever done, but we got a good stream out of it. dudes rock

i should be asleep but im watching the start of it again and god it's so loving funny

Ramie fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 8, 2023

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Is a glass stop stove a separate thing from an induction top or something? Induction stovetops are standard here in anything even slightly modern and incredibly easy to clean and use.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The coils are bullshit you can't even make toast by slapping the bread directly on them it tastes all wrong and smells weird

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Induction stoves own though. Regular electric ones can shove it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The best part of cooking a tortilla is when the little flaky bubble briefly catches on fire. Not that I get the choice of oven either, but we do have a fire/poison type oven now

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Induction stoves own though. Regular electric ones can shove it.

shove what

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

mutata posted:

shove what

it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Andrast posted:

Is a glass stop stove a separate thing from an induction top or something? Induction stovetops are standard here in anything even slightly modern and incredibly easy to clean and use.

Yeah we have an induction hob as well and it is the most ownage thing in the kitchen aside from the espresso machine

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I bought that HumbleBundle pack for the Earthquake in Turkey & Syria. Valve cut me off on redeeming more games from it lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
We live in the 2020s like freaking sci-fi people except we don't have hovercars or tastable television. We don't have a sink that can pour out oven rays as easily as it can water rays. Worst of all we still don't have a system of letting us live the VR dreams promised in SpyKids 3D.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
After beating Wo Long I feel very stupid for not realising who the Blindfolded Boy was lol

Apparently Wo Long was a nickname for him but not one that I knew (i.e., it was never said in Koei's ROTK games or Dynasty Warriors that I noticed)

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1632758034895077376

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I have an electric stovetop and genuinely all my love of cooking has been sucked from my body from how poo poo it is to use.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Post weird promos/collabs ITT

Video game characters becoming fashion models should've taken off imho

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Sazh looking hella cool there.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That poo poo is uncanny as gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ep2 of the new season of The Mandalorian is basically how I envisioned a live action Metroid series/film to look like.

Help Im Alive posted:

Video game characters becoming fashion models should've taken off imho

FF does a bunch of fashion stuff, doesn't it? Like there's always some Collab with some high end brand?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

catgirlgenius posted:

i convinced my best friend to marathon a horror game with me next time we hang out and i'm dazzled by choice... should i introduce a mostly non-gamer to Resident Evil? that seems like the safest bet. maybe the RE2 remake for the visual flair, hmm

my stove is currently mostly out of commission (gently caress glass tops) so this is actually pretty heartening, taking notes

Dead Space Remake. Or the OG tbh, either would be a great experience.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I think we all deserve a pizza party

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

External Organs posted:

I think we all deserve a pizza party

It's a party a party! A pepperoni pretzel pistachio pickle popcorn papaya pizza party!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Ep2 of the new season of The Mandalorian is basically how I envisioned a live action Metroid series/film to look like.

FF does a bunch of fashion stuff, doesn't it? Like there's always some Collab with some high end brand?

Square Enix's partnership people were super into it, is why. Most other brands were really stiff about it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Good

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bullying works

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

I dunno, I think a large portion of the credit should go to the NFTs themselves for being so trash that no-one bought the Ghost Recon items except Ubisoft employees

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They didn't even buy them, they got those for free

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gonna start the conspiracy that big tech companies are investing into AI art as a form of revenge for when artists made fun of how ugly NFTs were

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

remembered the Star Fox 64 promo video this morning for the first time in 25 years

still holds up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBF3X3ZaS2Q

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Aren't Roblox, Counterstrike, and TF2 full of NFTs? Just not the blockchain type? Complete with their own markets for trading/gambling with them?

Anyway those are the most popular PC games in the world

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

lets hang out posted:

Aren't Roblox, Counterstrike, and TF2 full of NFTs? Just not the blockchain type? Complete with their own markets for trading/gambling with them?

Anyway those are the most popular PC games in the world

An nft is block chain bullshit. The rest are just digital goods and have existed since forever.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

How come Mario only gets a day, but Luigi gets a whole year!!?

hatty posted:

Gonna start the conspiracy that big tech companies are investing into AI art as a form of revenge for when artists made fun of how ugly NFTs were

There kind of is that undercurrent in AI art imho, along with techbros with way too much money jumping into the next big thing

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
they really tipped their hat with the NFTs. lootboxes were the perfect scam but they had to take it one step further.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there’s a lot of tedious techno-fetishism crossover in proponents of AI art and crypto/nft’s, and in both cases they’re backed up by big money that wants to use those things to make the world worse for everyone as usual

the AI art freaks in particular all talk with the cloying smugness of people who know they’ve already won and are just taking a victory lap. AI art isn’t a solution in search of a problem like crypto is, the Money is already salivating at how it can be used to further immiserate creative industries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

hatty posted:

I mean, a lot of people who were all in on Web3 are shifting to AI