Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Just some broken hands to go with a broken brain nbd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Whole lot of overt blatant racism against Canadians in the Formula One thread which isn't exactly surprising given the alarming anti italian racist rhetoric I've seen in this thread in the past but it is disheartening

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

marshalljim posted:

My favorite non-embarassing Stroll Moment™
Didn't he miss P2 in Baku because he just wasn't paying attention and didn't hit the accelerator on the last corner exit with Bottas behind him?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Stroll is gonna be under insane pressure this year which should prove interesting. I think odds are high on him bringing out a safety car that ruins Nando's race at least once this season or just straight up crashing into him. AM gonna make this season worth watching hopefully.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

tony quidtana posted:

the alarming anti italian racist rhetoric

it’s deserved

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

look not every failson can fail as badly as mazepin, there's a nepotism spectrum

F1 2023: Nepotism Spectrum

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Lewis, Nando and Esteban are the only ones who didn't come from cash and connections. Everyone else gets there by tossing cash around.

Nevermind - read Lando instead of Nando.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
In case anyone needs something to read to kill time before the next race, I found this: cookware cleaning tip

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Stroll is gonna be under insane pressure this year which should prove interesting. I think odds are high on him bringing out a safety car that ruins Nando's race at least once this season or just straight up crashing into him. AM gonna make this season worth watching hopefully.

Would Lance realistically ever have his seat taken away while his dad is in charge?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Windmill Hut posted:

Would Lance realistically ever have his seat taken away while his dad is in charge?

No, doesn’t mean he isn’t under pressure from things like the media, daddy, and himself if he’s competitive at all. I suppose job security does count for something though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This is the invention of a fat american that probably looks like or is Zak Brown (as all americans look)

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Lewis, Nando and Esteban are the only ones who didn't come from cash and connections. Everyone else gets there by tossing cash around.

Racing costs money :confused:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

tony quidtana posted:

This is the invention of a fat american that probably looks like or is Zak Brown (as all americans look)

Sure he can call Americans fat but when I call Italians rapists I get probed!? Where’s the fairness!?

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 8, 2023

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Stroll feels like the absolute pinnacle of a driver who has zero natural talent or inherent feel for motorsport/F1 but literally every other possible advantage and training from a young age.

He’s what any moron playing a week of iRacing Mazdas once a year can be or picture themselves as, if only they had a rich dad.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

he's the iracing guy that hits you, but the netcode wrecks you and he continues on undamaged and gives you multiple 4x violations

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

GramCracker posted:

In case anyone needs something to read to kill time before the next race, I found this: cookware cleaning tip

Seems like a lot of work versus just using enamelled cast iron and whipping out the non-stick for the occasional thing where that's an issue

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

marshalljim posted:

My favorite non-embarassing Stroll Moment™ was when they had to tell him that he kept hitting the radio button instead of the hybrid power boost when exiting corners. Are Lance was just too absorbed in other things to notice.
The Radio button is the Hybrid button Braaaaaaad.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Arc Hammer posted:

I think Bottas is cool too? What about Yuki? Does someone have a driversguillotines.xlsx?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Stroll is fine y’all are just a bunch of haters

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Edit : See Below

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Arc Hammer posted:

Nando's a pay driver, Non-racing sponsors bought him his first F1 drive.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

edit: nvm i cant read

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

The Big Jesus posted:

Stroll is fine y’all are just a bunch of haters

totally, lots of drivers lose control and have to go off track during the formation lap, happens all the time.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Have all the stroll defenders just completely forgotten even in the last race he almost crashed daddy nando out in the FIRST LAP

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Aphex- posted:

Have all the stroll defenders just completely forgotten even in the last race he almost crashed daddy nando out in the FIRST LAP

tbf alonso took a weird line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9j8nhMNYO4

the one at cota last year was completely stroll's fault though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_GgM-3zOnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIN1PWVWZCY

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

totally, lots of drivers lose control and have to go off track during the formation lap, happens all the time.

Seems like it happens once or twice a year. Didn’t Checo do it last year?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
i thought stroll was poo poo when he showed up (because he was) but despite wanting to spend his time snowboarding and surfing he actually put the effort in to imrpove and become a bog standard anonymous midfield f1 driver. he's still a binman, but who in the midfield isn't? he's way better than he was when he first arrived.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

ilmucche posted:

he's way better than he was when he first arrived.

"Lance Stroll - Most improved driver"

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

He’s still trash and his teammate just podiumed without him and in fact in spite of being hit by him his binman status is permanent binman

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That Aston's a strong car if you can dive into a rear tyre and not gently caress the suspension

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Aphex- posted:

"Lance Stroll - Most improved driver"

pretty much

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

That Aston's a strong car if you can dive into a rear tyre and not gently caress the suspension

Nando's was built with the expectation that Stroll would eventually crash into him. Stroll's was built with the expectation that he would crash into something.

No other car on the grid has that extra strength built into it.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/TrucksatTracks/status/1633391617947336704

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

quote:

"Last year, I told them the issues that are with the car,” said Hamilton. “Like, I’ve driven so many cars in my life, so I know what a car needs, I know what a car doesn’t need.

“And I think it’s really about accountability, it’s about owning up and saying ‘yeah, you know what, we didn’t listen to you, it’s not where it needs to be and we’ve got to work’.

“We’ve got to look into the balance through the corners, look at all the weak points and just huddle up as a team, that’s what we do.

“We’re still multi World Champions you know, it’s just they haven’t got it right this time, they didn’t get it right last year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get it right moving forwards.”

Lewis is out of contract after this season and surely he has to know that the problem with Mercedes is that they have no passione.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Whatever they had instead of passione when they won 8 world titles in a row seems to work a lot better than what passione is doing for Ferrari :D

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

rpop posted:

Whatever they had instead of passione when they won 8 world titles in a row seems to work a lot better than what passione is doing for Ferrari :D

That was Lauda's passione.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Toto really hosed up with his criticism of the car, as those comments he made are going to be very demoralizing for his team.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it's funny to see the juxtaposition of what the "top" teams think is failure versus everyone else. there is something nice about watching midfield teams scrape points and get excited about it. very relatable

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Lance Stroll Driver of the Year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Oh if they've got Volvo trucks then they're definitely winning