Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is there a reason why I sometimes have a really hard time killing things at the start of a GR before suddenly steamrolling them?

Like I'd assume it was CoE, but I only have issues for like the first Elite mob, and then start murdering everything afterwards for the next 2 minutes, so I'm not sure if that's the case.

I don't think it's my Taegeuk either cause I'm pretty sure it takes less than 40 seconds to stack it fully.

Could be nephalem glory globes, those double your damage and you're probably getting your first one from the first elite pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

Running Taeguk, Bane of the Trapped, Bane of the Stricken.

Is there a reason you're not running Simplicity's Strength instead of Stricken? It's a huge damage multiplier and it heals you as well. Stricken is nice for the RG but on literally everything else, Simplicity's Strength will be loads better.

I didn't see you mention Wraps of Clarity anywhere in your post, but I'd wear that and Hunter's Wrath over Guardian's pretty much any day, I think. Cube an Elusive Ring if you're dying, or a Convention of Elements if you're not.

Is there a reason why I sometimes have a really hard time killing things at the start of a GR before suddenly steamrolling them?

Like I'd assume it was CoE, but I only have issues for like the first Elite mob, and then start murdering everything afterwards for the next 2 minutes, so I'm not sure if that's the case.

I don't think it's my Taegeuk either cause I'm pretty sure it takes less than 40 seconds to stack it fully.

Are you running Bane of the Powerful? Are you still PoJ Tempest Rush, or something else?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Boatswain posted:

Is there a way to sort leaderboards by set outside of the game?

You can at maxroll: https://maxroll.gg/d3/ranks

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

becoming posted:

Is there a reason you're not running Simplicity's Strength instead of Stricken? It's a huge damage multiplier and it heals you as well. Stricken is nice for the RG but on literally everything else, Simplicity's Strength will be loads better.

I didn't see you mention Wraps of Clarity anywhere in your post, but I'd wear that and Hunter's Wrath over Guardian's pretty much any day, I think. Cube an Elusive Ring if you're dying, or a Convention of Elements if you're not.

Are you running Bane of the Powerful? Are you still PoJ Tempest Rush, or something else?

No there isn't, because I totally am :cripes:

I was running Ancient Wraps of Clarity and Hunter's Wrath with CoE and Focus/Restraint , and all the right affixes - but switching to guardians effectively doubled my damage, tripled my toughness due to the mainstat multiplier. GR103s went from "well I might die IRL before this first elite pack does" to 7 min clears. Torment XVI bounties/nephs went from "Ugh this does not feel efficien- gently caress, how'd I die?" to clearing the entire bounty zone in about 5-10 mins while cackling.

Dunno. Maybe it's a paragon thing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

The ballista math is 100% for speeds. Push setups often use a 2h crossbow for favorable breakpoints and higher damage per hit or an Odyssey's End for the highest possible damage and extremely sweaty gameplay switching generators as you strafe.

I’m only paragon 1100 and at the 105 range the shield never pops 🤷‍♂️

The Maxroll guide agrees, you run Ballista for speed setup, you drop it for pushing until you can keep it up.

https://maxroll.gg/d3/guides/god-ha-demon-hunter-guide

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 8, 2023

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I didn't get the page snype but welcome to the perfect Diablo 3 page :devil:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

I didn't get the page snype but welcome to the perfect Diablo 3 page :devil:

"Arrogant nephalem! My servants will feast on your pride as they devour your flesh!"

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I think it’s gonna take me 666 tries to get a Gibbering Gemstone. I only started keeping a tally of Caverns of Frost Level 2 clears this morning (not counting Icefall Cave quits, and Chiltara is in maybe 80% of ‘em) and I’m at 40 clears on top of the dozens I didn’t tally.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

No there isn't, because I totally am :cripes:

I was running Ancient Wraps of Clarity and Hunter's Wrath with CoE and Focus/Restraint , and all the right affixes - but switching to guardians effectively doubled my damage, tripled my toughness due to the mainstat multiplier. GR103s went from "well I might die IRL before this first elite pack does" to 7 min clears. Torment XVI bounties/nephs went from "Ugh this does not feel efficien- gently caress, how'd I die?" to clearing the entire bounty zone in about 5-10 mins while cackling.

Dunno. Maybe it's a paragon thing.

I'll have to try Guardian out and see how it works for me. I'm not quite paragon 1200 on that platform (PlayStation) and am closing GR100s in about 90-120s depending on tile set and mobs, closed 120 slowly though (I'd need to check my time, not at my PlayStation now).

For T16, I run a non-ancient Yang's with perfect RCR, ancient quiver, cubed Dawn. You should be absolutely shredding T16 with your gear, even without Guardian. Makes me think that we're missing something. I run Elusive Ring for extra safety just because CoE is not required at T16, everything dies instantly, even bosses in three-person bounties.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
This season is going great for me but I am very surprised that I'm at paragon 800 and still haven't seen a Puzzle Ring or Bovine Bardiche.

Working on the GR55 with 6 class sets now. I am pretty sure it was any class sets in the past. I did all of them for my initial chosen class before realizing only three count.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I think it’s gonna take me 666 tries to get a Gibbering Gemstone. I only started keeping a tally of Caverns of Frost Level 2 clears this morning (not counting Icefall Cave quits, and Chiltara is in maybe 80% of ‘em) and I’m at 40 clears on top of the dozens I didn’t tally.

You can run through the story or grab a checkpoint for bridge of korsikk to speed up your farms. It's still 50/50 for the cave but chiltara spawns every time.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Just cleared GR 106, which is the highest I've ever gone. I don't know how much is due to the altar buffs though. Or maybe I've just never been incentivized to go above GR 75. I'm on WoL Monk and about 800 paragon levels. I still need to get GR110 for the altar, and finish leveling gems for the season journey.

Just got my LoD leveled up to 99, and about half of my items are ancient, so at this point I'm just grinding for more ancient items or better rolls on the items I have. Now I just have to figure out how to go from 110, which I think I can clear in like 5-7 mins, to getting on the leaderboards. I assume part of that is getting about 2000 more paragon levels. What's the best way to do that? Just spamming GR 90 to get ancient/primal items?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I'm getting tired of this bug where you can't create or join public games. If only for the fact that I'm out of basic crafting materials and I don't want to run a thousand bounties all on my own.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Jusupov posted:

You can run through the story or grab a checkpoint for bridge of korsikk to speed up your farms. It's still 50/50 for the cave but chiltara spawns every time.

Oh, I'm using the Bridge checkpoint for every time, and I've got it down to a science, but it's still taking forever. Raxx says the spawn rate was upped a ton, but it's still 90%.. Heck, the last run I did didn't have her.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mind over Matter posted:

I'm getting tired of this bug where you can't create or join public games. If only for the fact that I'm out of basic crafting materials and I don't want to run a thousand bounties all on my own.

Only work around is to make a game and invite folks from community chat.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Mind over Matter posted:

I actually stopped playing altogether until it's fixed. I might be able to run an act full of bounties in 5-6 minutes, but nah, I'll wait until I have a full team all going that fast.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Page 666. Seems appropriate for D4 coming out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like I need to fundamentally change how I push rifts because I just can't beat gr142, and it's not even close, even though I beat 141 with a fair amount of time to spare

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like I need to fundamentally change how I push rifts because I just can't beat gr142, and it's not even close, even though I beat 141 with a fair amount of time to spare

What class build are you playing? I last cleared 142 with Necro Trags but have taken a bit of a break since. My personal experience on this set specifically was that every gr from 135ish onward was pretty even in clearing difficulty, it was more about me gathering up enough mobs to nova them to hell and back in time--all my clears were around 10-13 minutes sometimes I'd have shorter times in a higher difficulty. Fishing for good maps/mobs becomes increasingly important though the further up you go for every class.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

If you're using PoJ:
Tempest Rush snap-shots its damage apparently, so if you run in with no/1 Sweeping Wind stack you will do low damage even after building up stacks unless you stop channeling for a moment. After the first pack you probably have your stacks build up and they don't fall off again, so it only happens on the first pack

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Wuxi posted:

If you're using PoJ:
Tempest Rush snap-shots its damage apparently, so if you run in with no/1 Sweeping Wind stack you will do low damage even after building up stacks unless you stop channeling for a moment. After the first pack you probably have your stacks build up and they don't fall off again, so it only happens on the first pack

Is that why? I had a similar experience on my Monk the other day and didn't know what was going on. Sometimes it seemed to fix itself if I hard-cast Cyclone Strike, so I wonder if that was interrupting TR and making it pick up the new stacks/etc.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

iamsosmrt posted:

What class build are you playing? I last cleared 142 with Necro Trags but have taken a bit of a break since. My personal experience on this set specifically was that every gr from 135ish onward was pretty even in clearing difficulty, it was more about me gathering up enough mobs to nova them to hell and back in time--all my clears were around 10-13 minutes sometimes I'd have shorter times in a higher difficulty. Fishing for good maps/mobs becomes increasingly important though the further up you go for every class.

Yeah that's what I'm playing too. I've tried the "gather up a bunch of mobs" thing but I can't get them to follow me because of all the control impairing effects I have running to boost my damage from stuff that procs off of them

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah that's what I'm playing too. I've tried the "gather up a bunch of mobs" thing but I can't get them to follow me because of all the control impairing effects I have running to boost my damage from stuff that procs off of them

It's probably a matter of patience and being more choosey about where/when you make a stand to take out packs. I've found running around and just aggro'ing a bunch of mobs is good enough for them to slowly swarm in as I begin to nova spam on elites. I haven't actually fished yet (as in I haven't skipped "bad" rifts) but I've had to skip a few champ packs in bad density. Of course your best bet are the wide open maps with a whole lot of mobs and a few pylons, though that's not always going to exist, but I can definitely say it's still not 100% necessary yet at 142.

Other potential factors maybe positioning of your simulacrums, taking enough advantage of potion spam, using the dps circle buffs when they appear, and balancing tankiness vs. dps. I wouldn't call myself a necro expert but anything, but I've been lucky enough to never die yet in my GR pushes and I've made plenty of mistakes so far all the way through 142--including a big one, I was using the wrong blood siphon rune through 141, and not taking advantage of the extra 200% damage.

If you can clear a 141, I think you can definitely get at least a few levels higher. Keep at it!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

iamsosmrt posted:

including a big one, I was using the wrong blood siphon rune through 141, and not taking advantage of the extra 200% damage.
If you're playing Trag's, at least, the 2pc gives Siphon all runes. Inarius and LoD will want to be careful, tho.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

bio347 posted:

If you're playing Trag's, at least, the 2pc gives Siphon all runes. Inarius and LoD will want to be careful, tho.

Ohh that's right, I forgot what the 2pc did. Ah well, that's how not an expert I actually am on necro and the build, that shows how powerful Trags really is though. Death Nova is ridiculous.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

iamsosmrt posted:

It's probably a matter of patience and being more choosey about where/when you make a stand to take out packs. I've found running around and just aggro'ing a bunch of mobs is good enough for them to slowly swarm in as I begin to nova spam on elites.

This is interesting since it's the opposite of my experience. Is there anything that could be resetting their aggro?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

This is interesting since it's the opposite of my experience. Is there anything that could be resetting their aggro?

Maybe you're running too far away from them for your killzone? They stop chasing after some distance, so the kiting has to keep them coming. You might have to circle around a couple of times before it comes together, but seemingly losing a little time gathering is well worth it since they blow up much faster when they're all together.

Say you enter a map and there's 2 elite packs right away plus some trash. I would run about 2-3 screens away to aggro more and hope for more elite/champ packs and then settle somewhere in the middle between all of them, about 1 screen over from the start if its an open space. Once it gets nuked down to a few remaining, I move on and kite them forward with me if possible to the next big dense spot and repeat the process.

If there's less than say 4-5 enemies remaining including elites, even if they're around half life, you might have to make a tough call to leave them behind in search of bigger density if you can't lure them away, some maps just suck.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Is there a trick to staying alive with Trag'Oul's? I just put the stuff together last night so I'm the first to admit I'm not super experienced or optimized, but it feels like I have a bazillion HP and then no actual toughness so I just get carved through anyway.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jusupov posted:

She does not. I had quite a few runs with just Zelusa spawning.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Mind over Matter posted:

Is there a trick to staying alive with Trag'Oul's? I just put the stuff together last night so I'm the first to admit I'm not super experienced or optimized, but it feels like I have a bazillion HP and then no actual toughness so I just get carved through anyway.

My strategy is building up the defensive stacks early on any trash mob pack, after that I feel effectively invincible once I can start siphoning in any sort of density. From there I start looking for density to kill. If you're having trouble getting there, Guardians set, Purple gem in your helmet and maybe a bunch of perfect Red Gems in your armor sockets can make you super tough. I run the cheat death on my enchantress just in case I get one shot before building up the stacks.

It helps to use that curse skill to spam your potion for the altar/shrine buffs so you can get the protection and speed up and running.

If you're not clear on the build, maxrolls or really the Leaderboard is a great source to ape all the skills. When I started I barely knew what I was doing and clearing gr90s in about 3 min without any legendary gems with mediocre gear just getting the hang of the play style.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 8, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kheldarn posted:

She does not. I had quite a few runs with just Zelusa spawning.

is this on adventure or story mode

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Chiltara is definitely not 100% in adventure mode, but felt very close to it; maybe 90-95%.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Today I learned there's an awesome console exploit (apparently there's less RNG than I thought on console...) to get your altar primals. Make a lvl 1 dh, then craft 13 2h crossbows and upgrade rares to legendary with recipe 3. The 13th will be a primal manticore. Create another new dh if you want to do it more than once. I needed 3 and got them super quick to fill out the last altar potions. Does not work on PC.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Suburban Dad posted:

Today I learned there's an awesome console exploit (apparently there's less RNG than I thought on console...) to get your altar primals. Make a lvl 1 dh, then craft 13 2h crossbows and upgrade rares to legendary with recipe 3. The 13th will be a primal manticore. Create another new dh if you want to do it more than once. I needed 3 and got them super quick to fill out the last altar potions. Does not work on PC.

Does this work on switch? Because nice.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

RodShaft posted:

Does this work on switch? Because nice.

Yessir. That's where I did it.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Suburban Dad posted:

that is hosed up

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
That development intern is going to get into so much trouble.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

They did this to combat save scumming, from what I've read (this was a few years ago, new info may have come out). Essentially the concern was that players could upgrade ten rares and if they got garbage, restore their save from backup and try again. So now all crafting is seeded on console. Make ten rares, upgrade, restore, repeat, and you will get the exact same rares which upgrade into the exact same legendaries.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Which prevented nothing because all the leaderboards are filled with hacked/glitched to hell gear anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I assume there's no faster way to get primals on pc than blitzing level 90 grifts?

Was pretty lucky with the staff of herding. Now I just need 4 primals to finish off the altar.