Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'd suggest that anyone who hasn't yet read accounts of the American working class 1890-1920 because that's where going. Big fan of Barbara Tuchman's "The Proud Tower" myself. She has a story in there about a widow who killed herself because she couldn't pay the rent after husband died with an in-home job folding matchboxes, which was the only work she could find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The media push about fentanyl is entirely about painting China as an enemy state for selling it to us (like they sell us a million other industrial chemicals), and Mexico for supposedly trafficking it here. It was always meant to plant a casus belli.

I saw a commercial for one of the many many identical cop shows on network TV. In a crowded building, two smartly dressed young cops find a sandwich bag with white powder in it. One says, "Wait! Careful. That's Fent. If that bag tears, we all die."

Good to know the couch potato boomers who do nothing but vote have that idea in their heads.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

isn't this literally the I Think You Should Leave sketch?

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1633439732150546434

OHHHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOOOY!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Greg Legg posted:

Getting rid of the restrictions regarding child labor is making me feel crazy. This country/culture is so weird and creepy about children. Goddamn.

all the hubbub about grooming and trafficking is projection

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

they must be protected from leftist ideology like knowing what gender you are or what kind of person you might like to fall in love with, but not protected from dying in a grain silo accident on the job (died before they could be turned gay, so it's ok)

These kids need to stop worrying about PRONOUNS and start worrying about LOAD POUNDS

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

i would like to browse her wares

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

hi girls

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I'd suggest that anyone who hasn't yet read accounts of the American working class 1890-1920 because that's where going. Big fan of Barbara Tuchman's "The Proud Tower" myself. She has a story in there about a widow who killed herself because she couldn't pay the rent after husband died with an in-home job folding matchboxes, which was the only work she could find.

sounds great!

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
"Jews are the Tibetans of Capitalism" sounds like a neo-Nazi metal band album.

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1633489751163432965?s=20

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
look someone's gotta work, and i don't want to, so it may as well be kids

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Joementum posted:

really the only image you need to summarize the trump presidency

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

smarxist posted:

look someone's gotta work, and i don't want to, so it may as well be kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9kTeEshewY

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

All the kids are just going to start OnlyFans accounts so they can safely earn a living wage

e:
And then OnlyFans will be shut down by the FBI

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Real Mean Queen posted:

Trying and failing to imagine somebody seeing the rest of that headline and thinking "I need to know if she was married before I know what to think of this"

Yeah that's a headscratcher. Maybe it's some weird play to the growingly vocal tradcaths taking power or more likely a scare mongering this is what your whore wife is doing behind your back, stay vigilant!

Apr 7, 2003

I took my sick girl to the vet yesterday and she's lost a lot of weight due to an infection - they lose weight really fast.

I'm giving her antibiotics and feeding her a bunch of peanut butter mix every day to fatten her up again

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AxGrap posted:

When people unironically think she is a good candidate I feel like I am taking crazy pills

Have you seen Joe Biden?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

William Bear posted:

i have my doubts to be sure but i am willing to hear his argument out

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

William Bear posted:

ahh jews, the tardigrades of people, truly impressive

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

William Bear posted:

The tibetans thing is about how tibetans evolved genetic adaptations for high altitudes by living on a mountain for 3000 years, which is an actual thing and not a racist myth. It's interesting! Evolution can happen pretty rapidly

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

William Bear posted:

haha what the gently caress

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Someone posted an anti-transgender activist yesterday saying that some children "are born to suffer and die," very cool.

Jane Barleycorn must die

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hatebag posted:

The tibetans thing is about how tibetans evolved genetic adaptations for high altitudes by living on a mountain for 3000 years, which is an actual thing and not a racist myth. It's interesting! Evolution can happen pretty rapidly

evolution is truly amazing, the way boomers have adapted to their environment by being judgemental assholes who lack basic empathy is very interesting.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Its true, capitalism is an extreme environment and we have all evolved to live in it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag posted:

women not feeling so good, goes to bed for 2 years, wakes up, bomb assed tiddies. science cannot explain. doctors saw what was on the x-ray and immediately called the government

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tenderjerk posted:

i have my doubts to be sure but i am willing to hear his argument out

May have some comic potential

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Hatebag posted:

People in regions that domesticated dairy animals evolved the lactase persistence gene in under 10k years, it's wild

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

smarxist posted:

women not feeling so good, goes to bed for 2 years, wakes up, bomb assed tiddies. science cannot explain. doctors saw what was on the x-ray and immediately called the government

JAVtitles

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Speaking of which remember when milk-drinker was a trumo thread pejorative... i have to admit i never really knew what it meant

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Many such cases

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

alnilam posted:

Speaking of which remember when milk-drinker was a trumo thread pejorative... i have to admit i never really knew what it meant

It's making fun of midwesterners/I think Mormons who predominantly take their meals with milk rather than water or wine or whatever

usually whole milk, too

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

LegoMan posted:

Its true, capitalism is an extreme environment and we have all evolved to live in it

Not so much a reference to capitalism specifically but one of the russians was comparing humans to the bugs living in the human world, finding cracks and interstitial places that are safe to be something other than a patriotic sports fan.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

alnilam posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

alnilam posted:

p sure it was a reference to Inglorious Basterds

Apr 7, 2003

alnilam posted:

white supremacists were drinking gallons of milk at a time on videos to mock people who are lactose intolerant, i.e. non-whites

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

proud of my meat packing company's "less than 0.1% human child" label

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

white supremacists were drinking gallons of milk at a time on videos to mock people who are lactose intolerant, i.e. non-whites

The lactase persistence gene evolved separately in many parts of the world

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

You're saying that white supremacists don't actually know anything about stuff??

Apr 7, 2003

alnilam posted:

The lactase persistence gene evolved separately in many parts of the world

yeah, they're fuckin dumb

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/white-supremacists-science-dna.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Hatebag posted:

same for digesting lactose into adulthood, emerged multiple times and quickly each time