Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

CelticPredator posted:

Hellboy 2019 is one of the worst movies ever hosed with. I don’t even want to say made because it was clearly re-edited and re done at the last minute.

This poo poo is beyond the pale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTKFgHF1vWQ

I would love a stand alone lobster Johnson movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I thought I'd said this here, but I am an idiot and put it in the wrong thread.

I work in a middle school and just in this short trailer the turtles sound and act just like teenage boys. Its a weird thing since they haven't before really, but I dig it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I'm team "they made a good TMNT movie in 1990 and it's all we'll ever need".

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I watched the Bay produced movies knowing they were bad because I’m like that. They were bad. That’s all the animated/live action TMNT fiction I’ve consumed since the original movies.

I’m glad this one looks fun. I’ll watch it and enjoy it on streaming.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The 2007 CG movie was pretty good but no sequels ever really came out for it. The first Bay movie was butchered in the editing room and a good movie is there - it wasn't too awful. The sequel I remember being dogshit - watched in theaters and it left a sour taste in my mouth.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'd argue the second Bay Turtles is alright. It leans more into the goofy cartoon stuff and Bebop and Rocksteady are entertaining enough in how giddy they are to be big animals.

Great cinema? No. But a decent lazy afternoon movie.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm team "they made a good TMNT movie in 1990 and it's all we'll ever need".

uh excuse me that Turtleverse movie with the 2003 version getting annoyed with the 1987 version and terrified of the 1984 version exists

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
All I'm saying is, the song "Turtle Power" by Partners in Kryme from the 1990 movie was the number one single four weeks running in the UK and that should be the end of the matter.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Jon Bernthal returning as The Punisher for D+.

Elden Henson is not returning as Foggy for the new Daredevil show. Unclear if the character is cut or if they will recast.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-born-again-casts-jon-bernthal-punisher-1235342229/

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1633186472634482688

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Elden Henson is not returning as Foggy for the new Daredevil show. Unclear if the character is cut or if they will recast.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-born-again-casts-jon-bernthal-punisher-1235342229/

Best news I’ve heard in awhile

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
#JusticeForFoggy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

FlamingLiberal posted:

Best news I’ve heard in awhile

Uhhh Foggy Nelson ruled in that show

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Uhhh Foggy Nelson ruled in that show
Well that part sucked but Bernthal nailed Frank Castle

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

uh excuse me that Turtleverse movie with the 2003 version getting annoyed with the 1987 version and terrified of the 1984 version exists

Turtles 4 Ever is the second best TMNT movie after the first one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The entire Daredevil/Punisher cast was stacked.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Parkingtigers posted:

All I'm saying is, the song "Turtle Power" by Partners in Kryme from the 1990 movie was the number one single four weeks running in the UK and that should be the end of the matter.

My childhood VHS copy was all distorted during the credits because I kept listening to that song over and over.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It also says Deborah Ann Woll isn't returning as Karen, which also sucks. I'd love for everyone to come back and get a shot at being in the MCU proper, if they wanted.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Is Matt actually going to stick with his comics debut colors for his new suit, or...?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It would be weird to give him a new suit in She Hulk and just use it for the like 2 episodes he was in.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

Okay but the Crazy Frog ringtone charted in that country. The theme song for Bob the Builder charted. They're a diseased people.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

There's a 95% chance Daredevil suffers a tragic setback that nearly kills him and destroys his suit. After he is nursed back to health, he will have a dramatic reveal of a new costume.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’ve heard there’s going to be a yellow suit, a red suit, and a black suit. But with that kind of stuff I can never tell if it’s rooted in any actual news or just a lot of conjecture and bullshit. Like the video I was watching basically was titled “Krysten Ritter confirmed to return as Jessica Jones” and then it turned out I’m the video nothing had been confirmed and they were just collecting all the rumors and teases.

I hate that stuff. I wish I didn’t keep clicking on it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The show is 16 episodes (I don't know if that is going to be the entirety of the show or just season 1), so I imagine by the end he will have the classic red suit.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Parkingtigers posted:

That song fuckin' slaps but to this day I am irrationally annoyed by the lyrics referring to Raphael as the leader of the group.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Peyote Panda posted:

That song fuckin' slaps but to this day I am irrationally annoyed by the lyrics referring to Raphael as the leader of the group.

I always changed that up when I sang along.

Leo's the leader dammit

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’m more of a Skipping Stones guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAn49d6-Jqo

…which I used to associate with the movies. :3:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Peyote Panda posted:

When they called to do the research Raph answered the phone.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We've gone way too far here without talking about Ninja Rap

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

muscles like this! posted:

It would be weird to give him a new suit in She Hulk and just use it for the like 2 episodes he was in.

This will be keeping in tone with the Netflix series.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Go ninja go ninja go!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

A couple places are reporting that a major source who has reported several significant leaks (No Way Home Spoilers/set photos leaked, leaked the entire Quantumania script and subtitles, and leaked the Daredevil revival and Agatha Harkness TV show announcements) is reporting a bunch of big changes/leaks.

A couple of them have already been announced/confirmed, so it seems like it may be credible given the source. But, still take with a grain of salt because even though some have been confirmed and they have leaked accurate photos/scripts before, it is still an internet leak.

The Changes/Leaks:

- Doctor Strange 3 will take the unfilled February 2026 release date and be the last movie released before Secret Wars.
- James Spader is returning for "Armor Wars."
- No Secret Invasion until May (was originally intended for February)
- They are considering breaking Secret Wars into two movies that are unofficially a part 1 and part 2 like Infinity War and Endgame.

Lots of Phase 5/6 delays

- Secret Wars already delayed into 2026
- Wonder Man delayed to late 2024
- Deadpool 3 already delayed until November 2024
- Echo delayed until Fall 2023 instead of Summer 2023
- Loki season 2 delayed until late August 2023 instead of early July 2023.
- Iron Heart delayed until Spring 2024.
- Agatha: Coven of Chaos delayed until early 2025.

Also, expect more delays and longer post-production periods before releases:

quote:

They want longer gaps, quality over quantity, but due to how they tell stories, there can’t be too many big gaps, but the aim is to try not having main universe shows overlapping with movies, about a month (give or take) between shows and even some specials will be treated as movies in terms of overlap, and they’re actively working to help fix the VFX artists problem, hiring more to spread the work load more kindly and filming earlier when possible to extend deadlines.

Edit: The mods of the Marvel Studios Spoilers/Leaks reddit posted some of these same things the other leaker reported. They also posted other stuff from a different source with a bunch of production leaks (like a Sentry one-off special on D+) that are more spoiler-y/announcement-y, but are probably fake or unverified. I wouldn't take anything in the link as gospel, but they did match some of them up with the other leaker who has actually leaked real subtitle lists, scripts, announcements, etc. and came out around the same time. So, throwing that in on the off chance any of it is real.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/11l6cp5/tftmq_everything_is_delayed_edition/

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 8, 2023

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

The reasoning behind those leaks, if true, is much needed imo. Reduce the firehose oversaturation of Marvel stuff to keep track of, and increase the quality of life and quality of output for those poor VFX teams getting run through the wringer to keep up this breakneck pace.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty much expected after the big reveal how much D+ was losing that Chapek was hiding.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I feel like I’m still waiting for an MCU Andor. Something that makes everything before look bad by comparison.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The_Doctor posted:

I feel like I’m still waiting for an MCU Andor. Something that makes everything before look bad by comparison.

Moon Knight or Werewolf by Night imo

e: vvv fair enough, I liked MK’s “doing its own thing” kinda like Andor and I thought WWBN had a very different stylistic approach

Sandwolf fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 8, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Moon Knight or Werewolf by Night imo

I enjoyed both of those, but no.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty much expected after the big reveal how much D+ was losing that Chapek was hiding.

I thought a lot of that was Disney losing out on cricket broadcasts. For their last quarter the domestic subscriber base grew.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
moon knight definitely was not that lol

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

I thought a lot of that was Disney losing out on cricket broadcasts. For their last quarter the domestic subscriber base grew.

Do crickets even own televisions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

Subscriber growth, but huge financial losses.

Chapek was apparently making it look less bad by hiding a lot of the losses in other departments.