Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/fwoshy/status/1633249695064813568?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hahaha I hadn't seen that one, holy poo poo

Unrelated, but I wish the EN account wouldn't hawk Japan only poo poo, like the Puma's coming out in a few days

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1633437498843049987?t=vYqCDXloUcvFu4ElTvbelg&s=19

E: though does this function as a vague announcement they are getting a wider release? Idk

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 8, 2023

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They are coming to NA on the 25th.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1633387994391670786

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh shiiiit

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Khizan posted:

I don't mind the relic being a tomestone sink because incentivizing old stuff through other means never works as well as they want it to, imo.

Yeah. I'm stalled out on several Bozja weapons because my options for the current step for all of them are either try to find people willing to subject themselves to multiple Delubrum Normal runs, or find people willing to actually bother continuing past floor 50 in Palace of the Dead.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

You can peek into PF and you'll occasionally find someone recruiting for Delubrum chain runs. You could also try starting one yourself, but you'll need a buttload of patience for people to slowly flow in.

The various discords for Eureka and Bozja also regularly set up scheduled runs for Delubrum normal.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Doing the second step for the Loporrit tribe, and did I miss it or is this the first time Managingway's pronouns come up? I think I would have noticed Dreamingway or Coiningway using they/them for Managingway before this, but I could have seen myself doing so while tired when the patch went live...

Side note: Inventingway is perfect. :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Onean posted:

I've known them for five minutes and if anything happened to them I would kill everyone on the moon and then myself

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So do we know where the new short-cropped haircut comes from yet?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's in the new deep dungeon.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The color I liked in the sneaker is Japan exclusive :(

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The ff14 sneaker is the NFT square has been promising it’s shareholders

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/Jun_on_Fire/status/1633466320154165250?s=20

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

James G'raha was always cool

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Do you really have to walk all the way if you want to get to the new deep dungeon, or did they hide a teleporter somewhere?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there's a dude standing where Koh used to be that'll send you directly there

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Tamba posted:

Do you really have to walk all the way if you want to get to the new deep dungeon, or did they hide a teleporter somewhere?

Once you've unlocked everything, there's an NPC in Mor Dhona that'll teleport you there.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

eureko

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Onean posted:

Doing the second step for the Loporrit tribe, and did I miss it or is this the first time Managingway's pronouns come up? I think I would have noticed Dreamingway or Coiningway using they/them for Managingway before this, but I could have seen myself doing so while tired when the patch went live...

Living at was definitely using They/Them for both Managingway and Coiningway*.

* We needs must shoot Coiningway into the depths of space before they fully corrupt their fellows with the disease of capitalism.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

* We needs must shoot Coiningway into the depths of space before they fully corrupt their fellows with the disease of capitalism.

You fool, space is the only place still uncorrupted!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

You fool, space is the only place still uncorrupted!

Coiningway: For now!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I was going to ask if Coiningway is interested in currency or creating new words, I guess that answers my question.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bitcoiningway

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Having currency and selling things isn't the same thing as capitalism

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

anyway i think part of the reason 6.3 feels like it has less is that historically, x.3 patches are used to conclude major storylines, with all the bombast that goes with it. but since Endwalker's plot was structured to end(walk) in 6.0, that means the 6.x series is its own storyline with a different cadence to it, so what used to be a concluding chapter is now the middle chapter of an arc

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

apropos nothing, i also noticed Managingway is consistently referred to as "they", so non-binary loporrits are canon

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Martman posted:

huh? where did this come from

someone said they got an optimus omicron which is an EW dungeon minion. starbird is an EW dungeon minion.........

but i have absolutely no hope that i will ever get one :smith:

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I was typing up a complaint about having to hunt down a cheap spare weapon because I can't upgrade a relic weapon while it's equipped (but must still be on the requisite job), then I realized there's a spare weapon vendor right here, selling me a dummy replica of the weapon I'm already holding.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!

Kerrzhe posted:

someone said they got an optimus omicron which is an EW dungeon minion. starbird is an EW dungeon minion.........

Ah. Optimus omicron was already tradable on the marketboard, so I wouldn't assume that the untradable dungeon minions will show up unless I see some other confirmation. Would sure be nice though.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It's been a year I still don't have that drat birb either

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Onean posted:

It's in Livingway's introductions. You may have been tired, but you may also have simply overlooked it reading quickly since it's just there in her dialogue without further attention.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I only saw the bird drop three times and I never rolled higher than a 20 on it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Think we'll ever get a larbird minion?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kerrzhe posted:

:same:

I still never got the Tiny Troll, Snake, or Starbird. Initially, I thought about running Dead Ends every other week but it's tedious each time. I'm waiting for 8.0 to be added to the Moogle events.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!
Starbird is one of the 9 minions I'm missing. I've run Dead Ends in a trust about 45 times at this point.

let's just say, I'm definitely not owned and/or turning into a corncob

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's a Starbird
Waiting in the loot
She'd like to fly behind you
But your low rolls make it moot

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Starbirds always drop in absolutely terrible runs, and the worst person gets it every time.

You know what you must do.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've never even seen a Starbird drop, but I've never farmed that dungeon (just an MSQ trust run and roulettes), so eh. One day I should just try running a billion trusts of it to see if I have any luck.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I just finished the Omicron starting tribe quest, why the hell did I wait so long to do these? Beautiful area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

derra posted:

Starbirds always drop in absolutely terrible runs, and the worst person gets it every time.

You know what you must do.

Too late I already run it with trusts :sigh: