Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

thank god at least one person got the ref lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

Putin threatening to fill his pants with poo poo yet again unless wagnar takes bakhmut by 2025. I'd like to see the decadent west outplay this.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Putin reportedly "seething with anger" after shamanic ritual where he drank a gallon of horse cum would "not increase the fighting condition of our troops" and in fact "destroyed morale in the rank and file infantry and conscripts" as it "makes putin look insane". Putin is apparantly now looking for another shaman who will provide a working horse cum ritual, rather than a fraudulent one.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Putin is so angry about the doubling of the challsnger 2 deliveries he threatening to drop a bomb (poo poo) on london (in his pants) yet again.

Drone_Fragger posted:

is too late comrade, now putin has shamed west and asserted dominance over decandant ukraine by taking poo poo in puppet volodimir zelenskys stolen briefs, he must see through gloriously successful military campaign or else pants making GBS threads incident looks like international embarrassment and sign of enfeeblement

Drone_Fragger posted:

Oh hes sitting on it, because standing would reveal he's poo poo his pants yet again and the generals are starting to get supsicious.

Can we PLEASE make the coprophilia posts probatable?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

HonorableTB posted:

I really cannot stress how Putin's behavior in Ukraine since 2014 is not at all any different than previous Russian imperial ventures. The same playbook of Meddle In Government -> Destabilization -> Encourage revolution -> Installation of puppet government -> justified by saying the Russians are saving them from some form of misgovernment.

Another country subjugated by Russia in the same time-period as Crimea, was Circassia. It was situated at the eastcoast of the black sea north of the caucasus mountains. Russia begain building forts on Circassian territory in the 1760s which set off a war that lasted a little more than 100 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Circassian_War

Alongside, and after, the war, Russia carried out a genocide against the Circassian population with 80-97% either being killed or expelled to the Ottoman Empire. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circassian_genocide

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Look you see once you get regiments labeled in 4 figures, aka the 1004th mobilized, you know Russia's got an elite Force just waiting. You see if we were weak like America we would only Mark divisions in the 100s

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Icochet posted:

Is it ok to call the russian invaders "droids", as in battle-hardened droid army?

They've enlisted a bounty hunter named Jango Nyet to create a clone army

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Another country subjugated by Russia in the same time-period as Crimea, was Circassia. It was situated at the eastcoast of the black sea north of the caucasus mountains. Russia begain building forts on Circassian territory in the 1760s which set off a war that lasted a little more than 100 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Circassian_War

Alongside, and after, the war, Russia carried out a genocide against the Circassian population with 80-97% either being killed or expelled to the Ottoman Empire. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circassian_genocide

"According to Ivan Drozdov, for the most part, the Russian army preferred to indiscriminately destroy areas where Circassians resided. In September 1862, after attacking a Circassian village and seeing some of its inhabitants flee into the forest, General Yevdokimov bombarded that forest for six hours straight and ordered his men to kill every living thing, he then set the forest on fire to make sure no survivors are left."

Sounds about right.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Warbadger posted:

"According to Ivan Drozdov, for the most part, the Russian army preferred to indiscriminately destroy areas where Circassians resided. In September 1862, after attacking a Circassian village and seeing some of its inhabitants flee into the forest, General Yevdokimov bombarded that forest for six hours straight and ordered his men to kill every living thing, he then set the forest on fire to make sure no survivors are left."

Sounds about right.

technically not a war crime because the Geneva convention wasn't created until 1864

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

technically not a war crime because the Geneva convention wasn't created until 1864

Interesting note that the Geneva Conventions were predated by the original Lieber Code of the US Army in the American Civil War. The Lieber Code was military law that governed wartime conduct of the Union Army and was one of the first legal documents to ascribe command responsibility in a legal fashion, making commanding officers responsible for the actions of their inferiors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lieber_Code

The Lieber Code also held provisions concerning:

- Military jurisdiction
- Practicalities of martial law
- Treatment of Confederate guerillas/insurgents (spies, deserters, POWs as well)
- prosecution of unit commanders including summary execution in some cases

It also defined the concepts of military necessity and humanitarian needs, and was a little-known major inspiration for the laws of war as understood today.

Lieber Code posted:

14. Military necessity, as understood by modern civilized nations, consists in the necessity of those measures which are indispensable for securing the ends of the war, and which are lawful according to the modern law and usages of war.

15. Military necessity admits of all direct destruction of life or limb of armed enemies, and of other persons whose destruction is incidentally unavoidable in the armed contests of the war; it allows of the capturing of every armed enemy, and every enemy of importance to the hostile government, or of peculiar danger to the captor; it allows of all destruction of property, and obstruction of the ways and channels of traffic, travel, or communication, and of all withholding of sustenance or means of life from the enemy; of the appropriation of whatever an enemy's country affords necessary for the subsistence and safety of the Army, and of such deception as does not involve the breaking of good faith either positively pledged, regarding agreements entered into during the war, or supposed by the modern law of war to exist. Men who take up arms against one another in public war do not cease on this account to be moral beings, responsible to one another and to God.

16. Military necessity does not admit of cruelty — that is, the infliction of suffering for the sake of suffering or for revenge, nor of maiming or wounding except in fight, nor of torture to extort confessions. It does not admit of the use of poison in any way, nor of the wanton devastation of a district. It admits of deception, but disclaims acts of perfidy; and, in general, military necessity does not include any act of hostility which makes the return to peace unnecessarily difficult.

Note the bits about perfidy, lots of things here applicable to the current Russo-Ukrainian War as the Lieber Code was the first modern codification of international law concerning war and the primary basis for the Hague Convention of 1907

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 8, 2023

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Why? They're based in fact. Lots of people are saying it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Putin literally has an FSO dude with a briefcase following him around everywhere he goes whose job is to collect his poo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spankmeister posted:

Putin literally has an FSO dude with a briefcase following him around everywhere he goes whose job is to collect his poo

I mean, to be fair, the US Secret Service does this too. This is common for world leaders.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

spankmeister posted:

To be fair so does the US, and I'm pretty sure every world leader has a poo guy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Imagine how much of a power move it would be to not be followed around by a bag of your own poo poo.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Some leaders have their own Sommeliers. Putin has a unique Russian invention, a Cummelier

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

It is the absolute funniest thing to come out of this war, and I refuse to accept otherwise. It's like when Bush senior vomited over the prime minister of Japan, or Queen Lizzie literally powered herself by spite to dismiss the clown boris before the next day finally letting her spirit leave her phylactery.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

To be fair so does the US, and I'm pretty sure every world leader has a poo guy.

Edit: Move along.

DiomedesGodshill fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 8, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Strong daddy putin fell down and shidded his pants and that is, imo, funny

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Word is most of the current russian defense budget is being spent on developing underpants-reinforcing technology

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

free hubcaps posted:

Word is most of the current russian defense budget is being spent on developing underpants-reinforcing technology

Which means its getting pilfered by some oligarch.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

nyet tovarish

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Drone_Fragger posted:

It is the absolute funniest thing to come out of this war, and I refuse to accept otherwise. It's like when Bush senior vomited over the prime minister of Japan, or Queen Lizzie literally powered herself by spite to dismiss the clown boris before the next day finally letting her spirit leave her phylactery.
Yeah I thought jokes were legal now.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Jeez i thought I :justpost: a lot in this thread and I checked out the top posters and zone has almost 20 more posts than me :stare:

For content: yes I know it's Russia Today but I really want to believe someone horsejacked kadyrov lmao

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1633509539986415616

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

*taps head* golden toilets are a legitimate spending on defence if the enemy in question is your cancer riddled president making GBS threads himself all over your newly embezzled dacha.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

HonorableTB posted:

Jeez i thought I :justpost: a lot in this thread and I checked out the top posters and zone has almost 20 more posts than me :stare:

For content: yes I know it's Russia Today but I really want to believe someone horsejacked kadyrov lmao

Btw, RT twitter and other stuff (along with some other Russian media) is not visible in most European countries

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Nessus posted:

Yeah I thought jokes were legal now.

I just thought I'd ask :negative:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

The horse is on the sanctions list? What are their crimes?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What I truly want to get out of this is to ensure that when the common man sees Putin's face on TV, they will not feel fear nor loathing, but immediately think his pants are poopy lol.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Issaries posted:

The horse is on the sanctions list? What are their crimes?

Being owned by Kadyrov. Thankfully, some noble Czech citizen may or may not have taken care of this problem and rescued that poor innocent horse.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Looks like some mismanaged warfare and not technically a genocide. Also the "civilians" were ottoman agents, there were security concerns about them

Somaen fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 8, 2023

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

HonorableTB posted:

I hope the horse is ok it looks nice

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Why on earth would we do this? It's absolutely hilarious that Vladamir Putin fell down some stairs in his feebleness and shat all over himself.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

You seem really upset by mentions of Putin making GBS threads himself. Have you poo poo yourself recently and were traumatized? This is a safe space and I assure you we will not judge you.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Meanwhile: https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1633548066753249280

quote:

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is blocking the Biden administration from sharing evidence with the International Criminal Court in The Hague gathered by American intelligence agencies about Russian atrocities in Ukraine, according to current and former officials briefed on the matter.

American military leaders oppose helping the court investigate Russians because they fear setting a precedent that might help pave the way for it to prosecute Americans. The rest of the administration, including intelligence agencies and the State and Justice Departments, favors giving the evidence to the court, the officials said.

President Biden has yet to resolve the impasse, officials said.

The evidence is said to include details relevant to an investigation the chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Karim Khan, began after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine a year ago. The information reportedly includes material about decisions by Russian officials to deliberately target civilian infrastructure and to abduct thousands of Ukrainian children from occupied territory.

In December, Congress modified longstanding legal restrictions on American help to the court, allowing the United States to assist with its investigations and eventual prosecutions related to the war in Ukraine. But inside the Biden administration, a policy dispute over whether to do so continues to play out behind closed doors.

The National Security Council convened a cabinet-level “principals committee” meeting on Feb. 3 in an attempt to resolve the dispute, the officials said, but Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III continued to object. Mr. Biden has not yet made a decision, the officials said.

Most of the people who described the internal dispute did so on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive deliberations.

But Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, who helped push Congress to ease the restrictions last year on aiding the International Criminal Court, confirmed the parameters of the dispute and blamed the Defense Department for its reluctance.

“D.O.D. opposed the legislative change — it passed overwhelmingly — and they are now trying to undermine the letter and spirit of the law,” Mr. Graham said. “It seems to me that D.O.D. is the problem child here, and the sooner we can get the information into the hands of the I.C.C., the better off the world will be.”

Representatives at the Pentagon, State Department, Justice Department, and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence declined to comment or did not respond to requests for comment.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

He's right, we haven't encountered a well-trained and equipped Russian army

Who's we?

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

GBS has a long and storied history of pants making GBS threads.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

You seem really upset by mentions of Putin making GBS threads himself. Have you poo poo yourself recently and were traumatized? This is a safe space and I assure you we will not judge you.

I already accepted defeat on this matter but I'm not gonna provide you wank material on top of that sorry!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Putin we see making GBS threads himself is a clone. The real Putin has yet to reveal himself

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I already accepted defeat on this matter but I'm not gonna provide you wank material on top of that sorry!

It's kinda hosed up you think that people are coming into the ukraine war thread to jack off, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

the fact that loving Lindsey Graham of all people is on the right side of this is a good reminder of what a blessing it is to have a government where civilian leaders overrule the military