Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

https://mobile.twitter.com/JLWORRAD/status/1632801290945273859

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's dialog in a medieval fantasy novel?

:pwn:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Doesn't even know that he can milk his tits. He's just got to want it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
guy who pretends to know a thing or two about war has never heard of camp followers

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Milo and POTUS posted:

guy who pretends to know a thing or two about war has never heard of camp followers

I like that the term 'hooker' came from this party animal

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

coldpudding posted:

Look who jumped on me while taking a shower today

They sure tickle a lot when they sneak into your clothes when you aren't looking.
Aww you got a lil shower friend!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Isn't the guy that had a rapist as the main hero of his novels

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unperson_47 posted:

Isn't the guy that had a rapist as the main hero of his novels

Never heard of him before but I'm going to just go ahead and say yes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I like that the term 'hooker' came from this party animal

the majority of camp followers weren't prostitutes - especially in the early modern period, a lot of them were the wives of soldiers who just went on campaign with their husbands, and brought the kids even. camp followers were critical for doing things like processing food and supplying meals, tending the sick or injured, or washing clothes. think of an early modern army as a whole city, mostly made of armed men who know how to fight, which has uprooted itself from one location and roams about the landscape doing violence. it's not exclusively soldiers, the whole family is there! camp followers often also participated in foraging, pillaging, and very light combat - an unlucky peasant may find themselves being threatened or tortured by armed camp women looking for food or loot

so yeah, mr. "women have periods and don't go to war" is pretty drat ahistoric compared to a wounded man at arms wallowing in the field who would be very surprised to learn how docile women are as a woman slips a knife under his armor to kill him so she can more easily loot the rings off his fingers

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 8, 2023

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/_breeeeen_/status/1633279426787000320?t=EzbWskv6qNXCCk5yGJxPng&s=19

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

No ring.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Saints did win one in 2010 tho.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

PainterofCrap posted:

Well I have a two-fer...when I was a kid in the 60s my mother used that colloquialism for Brazil nuts. She saw absolutely nothing wrong with it. She supported the '64 Civil Rights Act & marched for Dr. King with her 3-kids down Broad Street in April '68 (which put a strain on her marriage. My mother evolved, but my father did not).

#2 was buying the delicious marshmallow treats, mohrenkopf, as a kid at kiosks in Zurich in the early 70s. I had no idea what the word meant, and although my mother became fluent in Schwiezerdeutsch I'm sure she didn't know it either.

Flash ahead to 1990 when they showed up at a local German purveyor & I went to pay for them & referred to them as I always had & the daughter of the owner literally recoiled. It was a few years before I learned. Mortified, I went to her and apologized.

It's odd how that stuff gets ingrained in our culture. Back in the 90s I had an adult black friend who didn't know what Brazil nuts were supposed to be called. Her entire life she, and everyone she knew, had only ever heard them called by the racist nickname.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd never heard that name so I looked up "slang for brazil nuts" and I lolled. Talk about making something sound unappetizing. Even without the racist component. Who wants to eat toes? Sickos, that's who.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I've never heard of the racist slang for Brazil nuts and I'm only piecing it together from context itt

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MEAN_MARSUPIAL/status/1632874587137482752?t=IuOBE9Z82NlJwGutW5tlCg&s=19

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Goons having a completely normal one in this, the 'allude to your favourite racial slurs' thread.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DynOlXtlYTs

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Can we please keep dropping slurs instead of this filth?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

Can we please keep dropping slurs instead of this filth?

It's just a pizza, man. Please calm down

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lol I saw tucker and a pokemon and immediately clicked off, didn't realize it was an ai bit lol

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Fell Mood posted:

It's odd how that stuff gets ingrained in our culture. Back in the 90s I had an adult black friend who didn't know what Brazil nuts were supposed to be called. Her entire life she, and everyone she knew, had only ever heard them called by the racist nickname.

https://imgur.com/62odBkR

Anyone know what these are actually called?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
dinner is ready!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

`Nemesis posted:

dinner is ready!

I think we’ve all been there

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

`Nemesis posted:

dinner is ready!

I should call her.

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

`Nemesis posted:

dinner is ready!

Ah yes spaghetti ham water casserole with white

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
It looks like a dead body that's been at the bottom of a lake for a few weeks.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Mmm, corpsemeat casserole.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

`Nemesis posted:

dinner is ready!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Even without the racist component. Who wants to eat toes? Sickos, that's who.

Stop calling noted sicko Quentin Tarantino, a sicko!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

`Nemesis posted:

dinner is ready!

Y'all do not wanna know what my racist grandma used to call this dish.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Undesirable Alfredo?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

the majority of camp followers weren't prostitutes - especially in the early modern period, a lot of them were the wives of soldiers who just went on campaign with their husbands, and brought the kids even. camp followers were critical for doing things like processing food and supplying meals, tending the sick or injured, or washing clothes. think of an early modern army as a whole city, mostly made of armed men who know how to fight, which has uprooted itself from one location and roams about the landscape doing violence. it's not exclusively soldiers, the whole family is there! camp followers often also participated in foraging, pillaging, and very light combat - an unlucky peasant may find themselves being threatened or tortured by armed camp women looking for food or loot

so yeah, mr. "women have periods and don't go to war" is pretty drat ahistoric compared to a wounded man at arms wallowing in the field who would be very surprised to learn how docile women are as a woman slips a knife under his armor to kill him so she can more easily loot the rings off his fingers

Where's our Boadicea movie :rant:

But more realistically The Green Knight maybe had a hint of this.

Glad I read your post and glad it wasn't all about the american civil war

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

geaux tsaints

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x006-hS8YGk

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

cult_hero posted:

https://imgur.com/62odBkR

Anyone know what these are actually called?

Well it's a Rudbeckia of some sort but the common name where I live is black-eyed Susan.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

So how are those headphones working out for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Evilreaver posted:

So how are those headphones working out for her

Everyone knows they have two sets of ears, human ones and animal ones. Which ones they hear through is extremely selective based on 'plot'.