Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you do all the other neomuna content you unlock strand almost by accident. Stasis didn't work like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

I would really like to know why Bungie has not only declined to alleviate the grind needed to fully unlock Stasis but then make it arguably worse to fully unlock Strand. Like, what’s their argument there
They thought they could get away with using it as a pain point to sell campaign boosts.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like getting to the point where you could start using Stasis on alts was 100% more annoying then Strand, and as annoying as fragments not being account wide is, I'm willing to bet getting all classes to a point where they have shackle grenade, 2 aspects and 4 fragments unlocked is far quicker then it was to do something similar in Stasis.

e: Even putting aside the originally planned time gating for Strand, wasn't Stasis limited to 2 fragment unlocks each week?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 8, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

If you do all the other neomuna content you unlock strand almost by accident. Stasis didn't work like that

Yeah that's a big difference. Stasis was pulling teeth. Strand is "just play game".

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Beating the Campaign takes 3 hours, instantly unlocks Strand and gives you 500 Strandbucks, which is enough to buy

Aspect #1 - 150bucks
Aspect #2 - 150bucks
Fragment #1 - 200bucks

Compared to Stasis where you had a suckass post-campaign mission for each aspect and a timegated suckbutt grind for each and every Fragment

They gotta stop making you pay so much glimmer at Ikora on every character each time they add new V/A/S stuff though lol

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So reddit has figured out why artifact mods & especially the volatile rounds & champion stun mods are so finicky.

Apparently the rework to builds is causing the game to run aground of the internal Perk Budget, aka the hard cap on how many 'effects' can be routed through a gun barrel

All the armor charge mods, surge boots, activity modifiers, and artifact mods are vying for the Weapon Perk Budget, and when you roll over the cap, it starts shaving off effects. Starting with the artifact, starting with the final column, and working its way back toward the first column, pruning off any weapon effects.

Most noticeable if you're wearing head to toe Artifice Armor with perks in every slot and a fully upgraded Artifact. The game literally just shuts off Volatile Rounds, Barrier Sidearm, etc and won't 'look' for it again until you reset your artifact or reboot the game

i knew it. i loving knew it. i called this way back when they originally pruned orb generation from masterworks - they made a bunch of noise about how much more they'd be able to do with weapons because of it, immediately forgot the original problem, and now have once again rammed into the same limitation.

either institutional knowledge was lost or bungie's design team lacks effective management.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Another really, really weird decision that they need to undo is massacring top-slot Stasis (and Strand) weapons

If you don't know, kinetic weapons do 10% (primaries) or 15% (specials) more damage compared to a top-slot stasis or strand weapon.

The idea is that stasis & strand have build synergy, but in game there aren't currently many tradeoffs that justify it. Headstone? Hatchling? Unraveling Rounds? I'd take a built-in 10%/15% damage boost + the ability to run powerful perks like Vorpal over those any day of the week.

Stasis & Strand weapons need to have an inherent benefit (not requiring you to get a specific Weapon Perk) if they're going to have an inherent penalty to damage.

Even when Strand Surge is active, you're better off running Strand subclass with Kinetic weapons so you get the Surge bonus, and the 10%/15% boost

It's hilarious that completing the catalyst for Quicksilver will reduce its damage 10%

(Exception - Riptide with Chill Clip could do ZERO weapon damage and still be top tier because that is insanely good utility)

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 8, 2023

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
headstone's pretty nice on ability centric stasis builds because of fragment of shards, but if you're doing that these days you should probably just use the new exotic bow

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's hilarious that completing the catalyst for Quicksilver will reduce its damage 10%

Quicksilver is weird because I prefer it doing slightly less damage, since that gives more chances for mini-missiles to land and get my grenade stack to 3 faster, which then just lets me kill everything in sight.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Kith posted:

either institutional knowledge was lost or bungie's design team lacks effective management.

Kind of feels like one of those happens because of the other.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have basically not seen any Neomuna red border weapons outside of the ones they give you, but as far as seasonal stuff I have half the patterns done because the amount of engrams and rewards they throw at you is bonkers, and satisfying.

Also interestingly I keep randomly getting rewarding 64+ stat armour with the keys, which is pretty dang neat. And then if you focus an engram it has a chance of giving you another key. The seasonal stuff is pretty dang fantastic, both rewards and content.

Also I got all the Strandments for my Hunter (my only character) by accident. I just had the meditations pile up without realising.

I've also been enjoying Hero Nightfalls. You can tell when people are actually playing versus trying to speed run for rewards, because speed runners add 10 minutes to completion times lol. Gonna try the Legend Nightfalls soon, looking forward to getting my face stomped in. The rewards work for me because a) it's the lowest Nightfall difficulty, and b) I go through so many prisms and cores goddamn, I just love masterworking stuff without worrying about hoarding. Also c) just seeing a bunch of stuff pop up makes my brain tingle in a good way.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

This is more of a technical question than anything else really but I have kind of a lovely setup right now - I play on GeForce Now because I don't have a game capable PC or console anymore and the cloud service is surprisingly reliable; unfortunately because of this I don't think Discord's enhanced presence API or whatever it's called really jives with Steam - I have no idea what people see as my status in Discord when I'm playing D2, and I don't seem to have any context buttons available in Discord itself to join someone else's fireteam through the hook (I'm guessing because the discord app is running in my local browser while Steam/D2 are running on a windows box out in the cloud somewhere), which ultimately is all a bunch of preamble to explain why I'm asking this question:

How do I join a specific player in-game if I know their bungie ID?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
code:
/join BungieId#1234
or whatever their numerical code is, into your chat box

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Another really, really weird decision that they need to undo is massacring top-slot Stasis (and Strand) weapons

i think it's fine, stasis/strand weapons tend to have access to some pretty good perks (especially our lord and savior Riptide). they tend to rely on those perks a bit, but i don't think that's the worst thing ever - it's not like it matters in PVP, and it's also not the first time that a weapon has relied on its perks to be viable over other choices.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

code:
/join BungieId#1234
or whatever their numerical code is, into your chat box

Oh thank god, I was wracking myself with anxiety over asking for a carry through something then not knowing how to join my benefactor lmao

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Beating the Campaign takes 3 hours, instantly unlocks Strand and gives you 500 Strandbucks, which is enough to buy

Aspect #1 - 150bucks
Aspect #2 - 150bucks
Fragment #1 - 200bucks

Compared to Stasis where you had a suckass post-campaign mission for each aspect and a timegated suckbutt grind for each and every Fragment

They gotta stop making you pay so much glimmer at Ikora on every character each time they add new V/A/S stuff though lol

Is glimmer supposed to be an issue? I don't know what I can spend glimmer on, I came back a week before LF launched and bought all the fragments and grenades and now I've been glimmer capped for the past week. Is there a sink I'm missing aside from repeatable bounties?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Glimmer not really. You'll probably spend a tonne of it focusing stuff and whatnot, but it's not exactly a problem to re-up. Just more annoying than anything, because the total sum cost of fragments and all that is more than the glimmer cap, which means doing multiple runs just to get it all. Annoying and I don't really know why glimmer exists honestly, but not the end of the world.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Gadzuko posted:

Is glimmer supposed to be an issue? I don't know what I can spend glimmer on, I came back a week before LF launched and bought all the fragments and grenades and now I've been glimmer capped for the past week. Is there a sink I'm missing aside from repeatable bounties?

I've been spending entirely on the new frags for each class and then upgrade mods :shrug:

Other than that there isn't much to spend it on.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

Also interestingly I keep randomly getting rewarding 64+ stat armour with the keys, which is pretty dang neat.

According to a comment a little upthread, using a key guarantees either high stat armour or a red frame weapon. Which makes the whole loop pretty rewarding.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gadzuko posted:

You can spend glimmer on upgrade modules, exotics from the Monument to Lost Lights, bounties and shaders from ada, focussing engrams at various vendors and crafting guns at the relic. If you still have too much glimmer, buy some enhancement prisms, turn them into ascendant shards and then use the shards to masterwork your armour.

Don't forget the year 1 shader bundle in the eververse archive, that costs glimmer and gives you some nice options for barbie dressup.

DO NOT buy glimmer off Rahool, it is a trap, you need the things you trade it for and he will only spend it on Magic the Gathering cards.

E: unless you have planetary materials kicking round your onventory, you can trade those in.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You can spend glimmer on upgrade modules, exotics from the Monument to Lost Lights, bounties and shaders from ada, focussing engrams at various vendors and crafting guns at the relic. If you still have too much glimmer, buy some enhancement prisms, turn them into ascendant shards and then use the shards to masterwork your armour.

Don't forget the year 1 shader bundle in the eververse archive, that costs glimmer and gives you some nice options for barbie dressup.

DO NOT buy glimmer off Rahool, it is a trap, you need the things you trade it for and he will only spend it on Magic the Gathering cards.

E: unless you have planetary materials kicking round your onventory, you can trade those in.

Yeah, when I'm in dire need of glimmer I go gently caress about on Europa with Ager to acquire bluebells to trade for programmable money so that snarky shitlord can import space skooma or whatever

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

To add to this, once you’ve bought all the Europa Stuff (Variks chores, done all the hunts, etc) there isn’t a drat thing to spend Herealways Pieces on except if you want to farm a gun or do one of the hunts on a week when it’s not on the director. Unlike strand bucks, however, you’ll continue to accumulate them from headshots and stasis kills on Europa so they’ll be a good source of emergency glimmer.

I’ve been dumping them into Rahool for as long as he’s been buying them and I only just got under 2,000.

e:f;b

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Just got kicked off the servers in the middle of the Brakion fight and now it says it's too busy to log me back in, lol. Vex got me :smith:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Just got kicked off the servers in the middle of the Brakion fight and now it says it's too busy to log me back in, lol. Vex got me :smith:

Incredible Kojima energy

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

"No downtime expected"

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1633617237872623616?cxt=HHwWgIDSpZ-O46stAAAA

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Lol. If you are gonna do load testing in production and have lovely infrastructure then you probably should think about some sort of cross session persistent checkpoints. Fucks sake.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Just got kicked on the last boss for that 13 step exotic quest and now can’t sign in. GOTY.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Thanks, I did not know about the y1 bundle. I have been buying prisms and modules but the limiting factor there is cores, which I have also been buying but those are limited per day.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Servers are going to melt friday lol

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
There is no way they are going to leave this in the game like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSR1S3t9-Ec

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Okay I generally don't do lore questions in this thread, but how did we go from not being able to find Neomuna or detect it at all to crashing into it in Mission 1. Is that how we found it? I"m kind of confused

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

muike posted:

Okay I generally don't do lore questions in this thread, but how did we go from not being able to find Neomuna or detect it at all to crashing into it in Mission 1. Is that how we found it? I"m kind of confused

Raputin did find it. It was presented in snippets post heists and in the epilogue but it basically confirmed its existence, and the Veil, by the end of Seraph.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

muike posted:

We stole a ride on a cabal ship that was given the location from the Witness who sensed it after trying to interact with the Traveler.

Mesadoram posted:

There is no way they are going to leave this in the game like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSR1S3t9-Ec

I thought the mod system was horribly nerfed and we were underpowered? Wasn't that the whole thing for a while here?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm an absolute lore hog, so I'm pretty surprised I missed any explanation here.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Raputin did find it. It was presented in snippets post heists and in the epilogue but it basically confirmed its existence, and the Veil, by the end of Seraph.

Yeah, the shortest answer is that its existence was gradually revealed to us over the course of season 19, then the witness magically sensed where it was and dispatched Calus there, and we followed Calus, so all those gradual reveals didn’t really contribute to the process after all

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

syntaxfunction posted:

I thought the mod system was horribly nerfed and we were underpowered? Wasn't that the whole thing for a while here?

I admire what you're going for here, but IMHO people can think the mod system sucks, while also thinking that Exotic Gear (subject of the video) is powerful

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
wasn't someone yesterday saying the vexcaliber was trash? lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gadzuko posted:

Thanks, I did not know about the y1 bundle. I have been buying prisms and modules but the limiting factor there is cores, which I have also been buying but those are limited per day.
There's one lot of prisms with a white background that cost you an insane amount of legendary sharts and are limited per-day, and another with a purple background that costs glimmer and something else (can't log in to check, severs are hosed)

Do not give your legendary shards to Rahool, you need those.

muike posted:

I'm an absolute lore hog, so I'm pretty surprised I missed any explanation here.
In one of the helm radio logs last season, Osiris tasks Rasputin with locating something called 'Nefele stronghold' on Neptune, having glimpsed it in Savathûn's memories while posessed. He keeps chasing it up in the post heist dialog.

After the season finale mission, someone mentions in the post-heist dialogue that Rasputin gave him a ton of info to sift through and that he's close to finding it.

As far as I can tell the Witness worked out seperately that the veil was there and sent Calus to get it, Osiris follows him, and we follow Osiris, so I'm not sure if Osiris ever actually worked out where Nefele was.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 9, 2023

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I mean, it just goes to show that the destiny community really doesn't think for itself very well. The mod system changed, and a lot of the old good builds got gutted. People fired from the hip there (my old build sucks waaah the system is trash) and now that youtubers are releasing builds they are like "okay things are broken this is overpowered".

Bungie isn't going to nerf some of these strong builds. They made the game way harder for the singular purpose of adding broken poo poo like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

I don't think anyone was saying that the new mods were underpowered, but that the system lost a ton of the granularity, depth, and flexibility that it used to have. Just because the new system is worse doesn't mean that it's weaker.