Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
When you’re doing the quest for the ice glaive you find out one of the cloudstriders went to earth and deleted all of the warminds’ records of nefele stronghold, which is why rasputin said something hid it even from him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Bobby Deluxe posted:

As far as I can tell the witness worked out seperately that the veil was there and sent Calus to get it, Osiris follows him, and we follow Osiris, so I'm not sure if Osiris ever actually worked out where Nefele was.

He knew it was on neptune, and had a good idea of what it was (some golden age thing that was hidden there). He also knew that someone or some thing had a vested and active interest in keeping it hidden.

I don't think he knew he was looking for a secret golden age city on neptune, but I don't think he was particularly surprised to find one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
2nd best part of the campaign was Old Man Osiris popping out of the drop pod, fists cocked with his Sunbracer Knuckles ready to pound some helmets

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

They temporarily killed the API lmoa

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

syntaxfunction posted:

I thought the mod system was horribly nerfed and we were underpowered? Wasn't that the whole thing for a while here?
From what I've been able to tell, there's specific builds that are absurdly, wildly effective due to Strand (and Suspension in specific) being a powerhouse in PvE.

Glaives triggering unpowered melee exotics (necrogrips/karnsteins and others), Glaives now making orbs of power and triggering volatile rounds (this is new - i didn't see patch notes for it), the strand subclass rewarding suspension kills with class ability energy and grenade energy for ticks of damage (a feature heavily leant on by striga or necrogrips or both). It's very synergistic.

I will say that it requires kills. In content where you're overwhelmed by slightly beefier enemies, I don't think the necrogrip build holds up. Legend Nightfall this week (Heist: Mars) kicked my rear end a bunch during the door hacking portion, due to ranged ineffectiveness and beefier shielded adds. 20 under light with Empath means that sword knights can one-shot you with melee, as well.

Certain "engine" subclasses like Solar survived the changes pretty well. Exotics that cheat cooldowns heavily like Omnioculus and Young Akamhara's Spine feel great in this new sandbox.

My stasis hunter and warlock feel gutted after the changes. No shards -> armor charge mod means that I can't leverage grenade kickstart as easily as other subclasses, the cooldowns got much longer, and duskfield lockdown (Hunter) or stasis turret lockdown (Warlock) feel woefully inadequate compared to the 5-7s suspends that Strand is pumping out.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Stasis aka Blue Strand has been sunset

Still usable in non light enabled pvp

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Stasis aka Blue Strand has been sunset

Still usable in non light enabled pvp

Fan of knives+ tripmines+ YAS+ a few key mods= solar hunter supremacy baybee.
No such thing as an ability cooldown with that setup.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I keep getting kicked back to orbit.

Yay!

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

2nd best part of the campaign was Old Man Osiris popping out of the drop pod, fists cocked with his Sunbracer Knuckles ready to pound some helmets

God that was so funny and I wish they leaned into it and had him clown on some Cabal.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

oh...

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

hell.., same

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Stasis Hunter has been easily as effective as other subclasses in PvE content for me. The constant shard generation and melee orb generation has made for an insane loop. Grenade energy becomes easy to generate from it, along with Glacier crystal shatters making orbs, and shards themselves both recovering health or creating overshields, plus orb health regeneration. I've been using it a lot.

Shards not counting as orbs is not as great as it was, but no different than other subclass types (firesprites etc), except with no cooldown, which means throwing out a frisbee or two generates enough shards to both fully heal and add overshield as well as recover the frisbee to repeat.

The system is different, but Stasis is definitely not worse in PvE than other subclasses wtf

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Whole aspect wasted on "you can make shards"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Sorry I've been afk since the LLS discussion. You'll be amused to note that in his latest column, Paul Tassi said the new difficulty changes for Legendary Lost Sectors in Lightfall made them "way too hard" "not fun" and said he won't do them again.

I realize y'all make fun of Tassi on the regular, and not without good reason, but his experience is probably closer to mine (and that of the Average Player) than most posters itt.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

aren't you terribly underleveled for them still unless you've been seriously grinding pinnacles. Legend Lost Sectors are... 1830. My highest character right now is 1784 but I've only really played with 2 characters so far and haven't chased pinnacles.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

drat, I was looking forward to loving around with glaive builds some more once I got home but lol can't log in. Jfc, I just wanted to meme since my old bs builds for fun are dead. I just wanna make tons of particle effects and shove a fusion rifle into all my builds, just lemme log in daaaaaamn

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Doin a few recently and I thought they were pretty miserable. They became manageable once I found the right weapons, but it never felt fun since it would just be bullshit like "overload gibs me in the 2 seconds they're immune to being stunned"

I personally stand by my feeling that overload champions are some of the worst designed garbage in the game. Give them regenerating health OR fast cooldowns, not both, or make them a hell of a lot more fragile, because 20-30 light under they are annoying as gently caress to burst down because if you mess up at all, you're out a whole bunch of ammo. It also sucks they'll regenerate health even when stunned through other means (suspend/freeze)

And it's really just the power delta that makes the miserable - they're not really an issue at all in heroic nightfalls or battlegrounds.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

aren't you terribly underleveled for them still unless you've been seriously grinding pinnacles
I was 1800/1805ish doing one of the Dreaming City ones yesterday and it fuckin sucked. If they expect you to be 1810 or really make use of the artifact to make them not miserable, oof. I'm also not sure if there's like a "forced below cap" factor either.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm a fairly casual non-trials/raiding/gm player and have been enjoying the LLSs so far around 1775. I've done 10ish and received four new exotics and a bunch of shards so the rewards seem quite a bit more plentiful than the last time I had any interest in them. I like that there's something semi-challenging that I can do solo in 15mins, not much other content like that in destiny. LC feels like way too much of a time investment for those short periods.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

aren't you terribly underleveled for them still unless you've been seriously grinding pinnacles

I'm at 1799ish not counting artifact which puts me at 1810 and I guess that whole refresh rate dmg thing is all over. I love getting one/two shot through overshields with resist mods on lol.

I can't see being at level mattering at all when that poo poo is going on. Maybe I should limit fps to 24 and just roll with it, gently caress it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah there's no benefit over 1815 for Legend Content so the LLS are a mandatory 15 delta

The power curve is weird though, and being -35 isn't much different from being - 20

You just have to lean into the Overcharges and Surges and make sure your Build is meticulously assembled so that damage values are how they were last season by default

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i have never once heard of a developer making a game way more difficult that wasn't a huge disaster

the streak continues i guess

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah there's no benefit over 1815 for Legend Content so the LLS are a mandatory 15 delta

The power curve is weird though, and being -35 isn't much different from being - 20

You just have to lean into the Overcharges and Surges and make sure your Build is meticulously assembled so that damage values are how they were last season by default

Ah that's right. Was SUPER fun hiding behind rocks taking pot shots and watching the stun be short and drat near pointless.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Zokari posted:

i have never once heard of a developer making a game way more difficult that wasn't a huge disaster

Path of Exile made things way more difficult this year, but then toned it down a bit, and this current league has their best retention since power creep maxed out. It's not impossible, but very tricky depending on the type of game and the player base.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hamelekim posted:

Path of Exile made things way more difficult this year, but then toned it down a bit, and this current league has their best retention since power creep maxed out. It's not impossible, but very tricky depending on the type of game and the player base.

I haven't played PoE in a while, but I remember being happy I had lots of silly options that weren't optimal. I LOVE options. Probably why I was the biggest fan of the limited skills in d3 but at least later on the gear/cube/gems fixed some of that.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Thinking about pulling a loving Khostov out in the final cutscene when Osiris says “get your ghost out of there” instead of Strand Grappling it or transmitting it or 69 million other options

Just lol

yeah that was hilarious

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1633645837405556738

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ok fine but if they extend this a THIRD time I'll be mad

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

You love to see it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"background"

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Fan of knives+ tripmines+ YAS+ a few key mods= solar hunter supremacy baybee.
No such thing as an ability cooldown with that setup.

I ran this for the entirety of WQ and before it too. paired with a demolitionist SMG you never stop nading.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

ok fine but if they extend this a THIRD time I'll be mad

I've got some bad news for you then

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

lol

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1633654251112235008

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:tif:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

No. Downtime Expected!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Back to doomscrolling on tiktok and screaming into the feckless void it is then lol

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Zokari posted:

I dunno, I actually really like all the difficulty changes. I haven't done GMs or Master Raids but it didn't look like they were touched much if at all. The harder difficulty stuff only really affected low difficulty content that was so mindless and easy you could beat basically everything by riccochet roundsing literally everything to death.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whole aspect wasted on "you can make shards"

Honestly, I think all of the new shards/wells stuff kind of is a waste. None of it does much of anything. The energy you get back on collection is weak and not noticeable, and there aren't any real interactions with doing stuff like there was with elemental wells.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the only good ability pickups are ionic traces and that's because they track to you naturally

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

aren't you terribly underleveled for them still unless you've been seriously grinding pinnacles. Legend Lost Sectors are... 1830. My highest character right now is 1784 but I've only really played with 2 characters so far and haven't chased pinnacles.

You're absolutely right, I am! ...But I was talking about previous seasons, thinking it was obvious that I hadn't even bothered with them this season yet.

As I type this, the servers came up and let me in btw

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kesper North posted:

You're absolutely right, I am! ...But I was talking about previous seasons, thinking it was obvious that I hadn't even bothered with them this season yet.

As I type this, the servers came up and let me in btw

I regret to inform you the servers are now dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

We have to assume that only Real Ones are allowed back in at this time.