Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I believe the rationale with the decay is that you can't just save up your shards to immediately buy whatever you want come next season, or at least not as easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I see. BTW is there a bug related to adding friends or did you put your friend code wrong? I tried to input it and nothing pops out.

Double check to make sure they're not already on your friends list, nothing pops up via search when that's the case.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Irony.or.Death posted:

Double check to make sure they're not already on your friends list, nothing pops up via search when that's the case.

...yeah, I found out a bit after, but was embarrased to mention it. Sorry Einander! :sweatdrop:

When is the daily reset? Wanted to try and do a Mirror run that counts before the weekly reset, but the time remaining counter is... wonky (it says minutes rn but lowers like it's seconds and loops lol)

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

...yeah, I found out a bit after, but was embarrased to mention it. Sorry Einander! :sweatdrop:

When is the daily reset? Wanted to try and do a Mirror run that counts before the weekly reset, but the time remaining counter is... wonky (it says minutes rn but lowers like it's seconds and loops lol)

It happens!

51 minutes from time of post (3 PM US Eastern), and then I think the server's offline for two hours.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Einander posted:

It happens!

51 minutes from time of post (3 PM US Eastern), and then I think the server's offline for two hours.

Oh! For some reason I though it was at around... 2:30 US Eastern? That's what it felt like.

Which means time to wait until main is over then.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I think I've made peace with playing suboptimally. I'm only just shy of earning Impending Day in the battle pass, and I'm leveling everything equally with the tickets I get from the mirror dungeon.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

RoboCicero posted:

Relatedly, where do you find out which defense skill a character has? Dark Cloud Blade is a cool passive but I have to make sure the sinners I deploy can 1) build Poise, 2) have gloom affinity, and 3) have a counter passive to key off in the first place

Previously you could only check in battle, but after this impending patch it should be visible just by looking at the ID.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Game's up, most surprising thing seems to be they did add N Corp Mersault to the guaranteed ticket so expect that for non-limited characters.

Also lmao can't play on PC because they haven't uploaded the client update yet. Or Valve didn't pass the update, one of two.

EDIT: Got a Gregor dupe on the ticket and another one on the banner, RIP.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 9, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Solitair posted:

I think I've made peace with playing suboptimally. I'm only just shy of earning Impending Day in the battle pass, and I'm leveling everything equally with the tickets I get from the mirror dungeon.

I would make my peace but I can't get through the chapter 3 dungeon so....

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I ragepulled on the new banner twice after pulling a dupe on the guaranteed banner and this happened and i don't know how to feel about it:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
a second "do not ship" folder has been shipped to steam users
i repeat, a second "do not ship" folder

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
My freebie ticket was unlucky and a min roll dupe but I did a ten and got both n corp IDs. Their max uptie cutscenes are sure different from the others. And depressing if the implication I'm getting from them is true and they aren't just half finished scenes

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
My freebie ticket finally got me Rabbit Heathcliff. And pulling on the banner got me the new Rodion.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Rodion has some juicy coin counts:

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
N-Corp Rodion really kind of feels like a much better version of her default identity. Applies just as much if not more bleed but has decent attacks that can actually *win* clashes, and hits really hard when she does win those clashes.

Obviously probably at her best when she can proc her passive that gives her Fanatic but could probably not be a bad slot in for a line-up that wants to bleed people and likes Wrath stuff.

EDIT: My ticket was a Blade Lineage Sinclair on both my Mobile Account and my Steam Account. Though I guess I need to prod the Battle Pass to get the thing that really makes that Identity pop off.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 9, 2023

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Got a Li Sang of all things on the guaranteed-three ticket, the one character it is currently utterly impossible to NOT already have. Gee, thanks. Did get Mittelhammer Rodion on a ten on the banner, and she's what I wanted there. LCCB Ishmael was a nice bonus too.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Ticket was a G Gregor and a W Corp Faust dupe, plus Blade Lineage Outis. Did two pulls on the new stuff, first was minimum but at least a new 00 in Zwei Sinclair, second gave three copies of N Rodion and one N Mersault. Reasonable, considering uptying Rodion as I do like bleed and there's a bunch of support for it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Guaranteed ticker gave me alot of thread lol.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I got all the way to the end of the chapter 3 dungeon... and then the game glitched out and I can't continue. T_T

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

lmao, apparently the PC update came with a little gift in the form of a backup of the source code apparently.

hopefully it doesn't lead to malicious stuff

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

lmao, apparently the PC update came with a little gift in the form of a backup of the source code apparently.

Wooooooow that's not good.

I rolled N Meursault and since I already wanted him and hadn't done any of his identities, I went ahead and untied it and lol I think they hosed up the cutscene for the story bit. The images used for the identities stories are supposed to be pulled from the two art on the identities right? N Meursauly didn't have that, it started on the limbus bus and as people spoke to him, sprites of the sinners popped up accordingly.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
:piss: look at Meursalt's stagger thresholds:

I guess that's appropriate for someone who has a passive that only activates under 50% hp. Do the Shi characters get that too?

That's not the full or original source code, just build artifacts. The original unity scripts are transformed into those auto-generated files before being compiled into the final project.
It's a lot less readable or understandable than the original source would've been.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I do have to say, my first impression of the N corp folks is good, they seem fun
also seeing only 2 stagger thresholds made me do the :piss: irl so

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got the new Rodion from my freebie ticket so the new identities are definitely in the general pool.

Also I get screen tearing on PC after the maintenance :(

I think just fought the chapter 3 floor 2 dungeon boss in MD when that's the boss I'm about to fight in the story dungeon itself lol

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 9, 2023

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Impressive. Luck or wallet?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Little bit of both. Remember me when Project Moon releases their next game with a bigger budget

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Running the N corp duo works great for when 4th match flame inevitably causes corrosion. She happened to pick the enemy and Meursault and he basically took no damage at all. Which is great since I can't seem to keep rodion from going full blown nuke whenever I use that ego anymore. I need to stop picking the coin in mirror dungeons... Maybe

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
...and the 3rd chapter final boss makes it impossible to use bleed or burn. ARGH.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

KobunFan posted:

...and the 3rd chapter final boss makes it impossible to use bleed or burn. ARGH.

It's either coded wrong or translated wrong but she only benefits from attacking people with burn or bleed, she isn't boosted by herself having burn or bleed.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
Maybe I'm not reading the skill descriptions properly for the fight, but combat resolution got really unpredictable for me in 3-18, and I went from queuing up 4 EGO attacks against the third wave to losing 2 people before most of them even went off. Not only that, it seemed like attacks were being redirected to other targets despite none of the enemies dying. It should normally go in order of dice order, using the higher number in case of a clash, right?

I'm also trying to understand the repercussions of having staggered characters still get a chance to roll so they don't end up in the front of the formation

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

posadas posted:

I'm also trying to understand the repercussions of having staggered characters still get a chance to roll so they don't end up in the front of the formation

When the enemy has more attacks than you can clash with (particularly in non-abno fights), the unopposed attacks always target the lowest-speed / furthest-forward units first, and then work backwards one at a time.
Previously that meant getting staggered when the enemy had more units/attacks than you was pretty much a death sentence, because enemies were guaranteed to target their extra unopposed attacks on the the staggered unit who got shoved to the front of the formation.

This change means the enemy AI is much less likely to target the staggered unit again and they're more likely to survive that stagger turn and come back alive.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
it also means that instead of instantly having your fastest character have to take their actions playing clean-up on Staggered foes in normal fights, sometimes a staggered dude is in the middle of the formation and your middle-range characters can attack them.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's either coded wrong or translated wrong but she only benefits from attacking people with burn or bleed, she isn't boosted by herself having burn or bleed.

I'm pretty sure it is translated right. HOWEVER, I found it only applies if she still has Bleed/Burn on the starting turn. Since Bleed is used after she attacks... then you can bleed her all you want as long as she doesn't have any left. Also, beat the chapter! Yaaaay!

Blade Lineage is my favorite group so far. Outis/Sinclair kicked rear end using it, with G-Unit Gregor being useful as always and Lobotomy Faust being surprisingly effective due to opportunistic strike. I had to switch out Hammer Rodian for Yi-Sang at the final boss... and Yi-Sang has one of the BEST default EGOs. Seriously, 3 haste on everyone is a GODSEND.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
yeah I did a quick try after the update and she does get the heal/strength now

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Marluxia posted:

Wooooooow that's not good.

I rolled N Meursault and since I already wanted him and hadn't done any of his identities, I went ahead and untied it and lol I think they hosed up the cutscene for the story bit. The images used for the identities stories are supposed to be pulled from the two art on the identities right? N Meursauly didn't have that, it started on the limbus bus and as people spoke to him, sprites of the sinners popped up accordingly.

The cutscenes for both N Meursault and N Rodion were indeed broken earlier today, and used the default cutscene parameters: It spawned in a bunch of Sinners on Mephistopheles one by one in their default positions.

However, it has since been patched and fixed so I rewatched Rodion's (and didn't uptie Meursault until after the patch anyways), and can confirm one thing: In the N Corp. Timeline, Faust is the One who Grips. This is really interesting to me because in the W Corp. Timeline Faust is the one who gives out the orientation speech to Don and Rodion and Hong Lu, which so far makes it 2/2 that she's still in a position of authority over the other Sinners even in other timelines.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Ariamaki posted:

The cutscenes for both N Meursault and N Rodion were indeed broken earlier today, and used the default cutscene parameters: It spawned in a bunch of Sinners on Mephistopheles one by one in their default positions.

However, it has since been patched and fixed so I rewatched Rodion's (and didn't uptie Meursault until after the patch anyways), and can confirm one thing: In the N Corp. Timeline, Faust is the One who Grips. This is really interesting to me because in the W Corp. Timeline Faust is the one who gives out the orientation speech to Don and Rodion and Hong Lu, which so far makes it 2/2 that she's still in a position of authority over the other Sinners even in other timelines.

I mentioned this possibility in passing on my stream sometime yesterday and I would like Apollo to either take his dodgeball back, or give me information on the Pinky.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is it worth upgrading EGOs?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is it worth upgrading EGOs?
Depending on the passive, it can be worth it to get it to tier 2. Sinclair's Impending Day's passive, for example, is absolutely incredible and will probably be meta-defining later on. Don's Fluid Sack's awkward single target SP-draining passive probably isn't.

Tier 3 definitely isn't worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
The replacement Zayin egos may be worth it to fully Threadspin depending on their rolls. The Gregor one from BP 20 goes from a 14 base power to an 18, which will likely be a bit more reliable for clashing as we see enemy rolls get higher

IDs still a priority of course but some EGOs will likely be worth it