Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
it was weird that in what felt like a single month Shark Game, Wall Destroyer, and Orb of Creation all came back and died again immediately after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Deki posted:

Every other month or so I check in on Orb of creation to see if it's updated and every time the answer is no.

My version of this is Structure Idle, and the check-in is looking at its reddit to see if the developer is still alive

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

pixaal posted:

reading the steam comments looks like the dev is MIA basically charged money for what they had did some small bug fixes then got bored. It was on my watch list, my experience when a free idle game goes paid is it's done the dev can't figure out how to monetize it and needs money, paying up front for a game where you usually do see the problem issues for 50-100 in, just doesn't work.

e: also nothing wrong with an actual ending, but put it in!

I somehow forgot that it is a paid game now.

No problem with that, I got my money's worth, but I can see why some are upset

Sivart13 posted:

though Early Access games where devs pop into a discord every couple of months to say "the next thing is coming out soon I swear" is a common vibe

Well now I just feel like a bit of a hypocrite with my own project.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Getting close to my first ending and first reincarnation in Your Chronicle!

I've been following the guide linked earlier (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2451142754) but I know some people mentioned it's kind of outdated. Assuming I've been following everything in here, is there anything i need to know before I hit reincarnate? I know people were talking about Sloth, which i haven't seen at all yet -- is that something I'm supposed to have unlocked at this point?

Edit: Or, I guess more broadly, I feel like I have a general handle on the game but is there a shorter guide, or list of suggestions, of what I'm supposed to be angling for on later reincarnations? Is it just following the next storyline as best as possible? Specific unlocks you really are supposed to target the game doesn't necessarily point you towards, etc?

Aerox fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 8, 2023

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dipple posted:

it was weird that in what felt like a single month Shark Game, Wall Destroyer, and Orb of Creation all came back and died again immediately after
was the Shark Game revival done by a goon? I know cirrial is a goon but I didn't know who took the reins

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Aerox posted:

Getting close to my first ending and first reincarnation in Your Chronicle!
Edit: Or, I guess more broadly, I feel like I have a general handle on the game but is there a shorter guide, or list of suggestions, of what I'm supposed to be angling for on later reincarnations? Is it just following the next storyline as best as possible? Specific unlocks you really are supposed to target the game doesn't necessarily point you towards, etc?

I would recommend doing five of the first ending, then the second ending once, then the third ending once.
If you're using garfu's hax, it's got you super overpowered for where you are! Enjoy it.

Mostly, you're going to want to manage sin and inspiration to channel yourself to unlocking more sin and boosting what you can do with it.

I went Sloth then Greed, to get automation and bonuses from idling in place, and eventually when I'm super OP I'll go back and do pride challenges.

For now, I'm just kind of wiggling around killing highly out of depth enemies and farming seeds and destiny to level my protagonist up.

There's a bit of a gap.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Post poste posted:

I would recommend doing five of the first ending, then the second ending once, then the third ending once.
If you're using garfu's hax, it's got you super overpowered for where you are! Enjoy it.

Mostly, you're going to want to manage sin and inspiration to channel yourself to unlocking more sin and boosting what you can do with it.

Ah, thanks, this makes sense!

Not using the modified files, just playing normal. Is it worth trying out the other classes on the first destiny replays or powering through as warrior again and waiting to dabble in the other classes later?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I've finally got the Stellar Engine built; at this point it's a matter of actually having the exotics to punt into the black hole. I've got 0.0036 out of the 0.025 solar masses that I need to reset out... Is there anything I can do to get this done faster?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Aerox posted:

Not using the modified files, just playing normal.

I would say try out Mage!
Magic is the easiest one to power boost once you've got the basics under your belt, then tamer.
Eventually you get all to triple class via sin anyways.

I recommend against waiting around and trying to do everything perfect though, just kind of medium speed jog through a few more rebirths until you get gluttony and greed and envy and sloth all going, then let yourself unfurl and experiment.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I've finally got the Stellar Engine built; at this point it's a matter of actually having the exotics to punt into the black hole. I've got 0.0036 out of the 0.025 solar masses that I need to reset out... Is there anything I can do to get this done faster?

It's literally just "build stuff that improves elerium and infernite production, stop building other stuff that distracts from doing that"

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Deki posted:

I somehow forgot that it is a paid game now.

No problem with that, I got my money's worth, but I can see why some are upset

Most idle games are cheap enough and were free for long enough before that, that I can think of it less as "I'm paying money for a game" and more "I'm buying the developer a cup of coffee for what I got out of the free game".

That being said, I do wish more idle games had a "This is the actual end, congratulations" screen and not just an eventual insurmountable wall. The paperclip game and space potato games were both really good about that.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Jabor posted:

It's literally just "build stuff that improves elerium and infernite production, stop building other stuff that distracts from doing that"

I'm doing that but I'm running out of stuff that I can build. :(

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

USI: Once I've gotten the 2e15 (research lab) upgrade on Base 1, is there any reason to continue building mats or should I switch to maximizing battle components?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Malmesbury Monster posted:

USI: Once I've gotten the 2e15 (research lab) upgrade on Base 1, is there any reason to continue building mats or should I switch to maximizing battle components?

You will still want the upgrades to make the component tiles and booster tiles better, so keeping a decent production income is still beneficial.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Malmesbury Monster posted:

I'm done with content for now, and I kept them the same as I had until then. Upper left and lower right corners with components, rest checker board of building mats and boosters. You'll want the mats to upgrade the tiles.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Huh, people were not exaggerating about Evolve with that automation script. After years of toying with it on and off I finally got into it properly with that script going and its just a much better game.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Evolve: I'm Year 136 on Micro 4* EMF (Previously did 3* EMF in Heavy so Micro will upgrade it). Supposedly this is the fastest universe to do it in, with the cost creep reductions, but yikes does it still take a long time. I feel like the Andromeda phase is gonna be like 9/10 of the run. Just barely started Orichalcum. I wish the script toggle on the buildings on whether or not to auto power them, instead of having to hunt for the buildings in Settings, because its prioritization is a bit off.

For my sanity, after this I'm gonna 4* BH back into Heavy and do Cataclysm + Failed History runs. The extra power generation from those perks would make a big difference for the rest of the 4* EMF runs. Once you enter Andromeda in EM, you have a massive power deficit that you basically never get out of.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 12, 2023

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

dipwood posted:

Evolve: I'm Year 136 on Micro 4* EMF (Previously did 3* EMF in Heavy so Micro will upgrade it). Supposedly this is the fastest universe to do it in, with the cost creep reductions, but yikes does it still take a long time. I feel like the Andromeda phase is gonna be like 9/10 of the run. Just barely started Orichalcum. I wish the script toggle on the buildings on whether or not to auto power them, instead of having to hunt for the buildings in Settings, because its prioritization is a bit off.

For my sanity, after this I'm gonna 4* BH back into Heavy and do Cataclysm + Failed History runs. The extra power generation from those perks would make a big difference for the rest of the 4* EMF runs. Once you enter Andromeda in EM, you have a massive power deficit that you basically never get out of.

If you're struggling to do emf in micro, stay away from cataclysm. It's VERY slow.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
It's not so bad, I'm currently year 143 and 13 segments into the Space Elevator portion. Just wondering if I could mix things up before continuing to do 4* EMFs. Any suggestions? Or which universe to do the next 4* EMF? Maybe with my 1517 phage, I could go to Antimatter and get more Anti-Plasmids (currently 1901) because I can support a much larger bonus. Then go somewhere else and do something else. I just want a break from this specific challenge.

I don't think I'd have that much trouble with Cata if I gear a custom race towards it. And do the Valdi reset + regular MAD for sundial stuff... do an ascension first as well.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 12, 2023

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Orb of creation is having an update worked on, but the dev never posts dev info anywhere other than discord and occasionally YouTube. Might be worth mentioning on steam

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Finally maxed out all the red synth materials in USI. Felt weird getting rid of the synth utility slot :v: Just gotta finish up the last few challenges now and wait for enough auto warps to get the absurdly expensive final damage and shield warp upgrade.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

USI: How important is unlocking the unbound research? Does it have anything that gets me more warp essence? :v:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
6 options, scaling infinitely. 2 per category, you choose which of each you work on and can switch as you please. Material: Salvage gain, synth speed. Energy: Void Power Max, Void Power Generation. Observation: Shard Drop rate, Research gain.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kyrosiris posted:

USI: How important is unlocking the unbound research? Does it have anything that gets me more warp essence? :v:

It unlocks 6 unlimited researches:

• Salvage Gain
  • Synth Speed
  • Void Power Cap
  • Void Power Speed
  • Shard Drop Rate
  • Research Rate

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I think that research is the only way moving forward in progress post 40 but I'm not sure. I need the VP Max and VP Generation to up my levels for more reactor stuff to make meaningful progress around Sector 40.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Recommendations on AI purchases? I have 1135 points but I worry about wasting them because I've knocked out a lot of the easy achievements at this point.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in terms of "time saved" i'd go for core auto, compute auto optimize, and then reactor auto buy. compute power auto is imo only handy at the start of a run, where you're being hands-on anyway

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Smart Craft 2 honestly helps with the Synth challenges for not having to be quite as constantly hands-on with them but the ones mentioned in the previous post are definitely strong choices.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
This is going to be a loving Red Bull 1/2 AM 3.

[edit] Dammit, wrong thread.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kyrosiris posted:

Recommendations on AI purchases? I have 1135 points but I worry about wasting them because I've knocked out a lot of the easy achievements at this point.

The only necessary ones are Auto-Synth and Auto-Research, with Auto-Warp being and end-game thing. Otherwise, they are all extremely optional.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Is there a guide on when is appropriate to do challenges after the 1st ones? I thought I could do one of them but I ended up wasting an hour pushing as hard as I could and it still didn't feel possible, would like to avoid that in the future

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Is there a guide on when is appropriate to do challenges after the 1st ones? I thought I could do one of them but I ended up wasting an hour pushing as hard as I could and it still didn't feel possible, would like to avoid that in the future
there is not as far as I know... but there are ugly images on the discord so here let me get them for you:

base challenge first-time completion sector:

power hungry:

synth purity:

(this is the only one I know a guideline for, synth purity 4 takes a base synth speed of at least 1e11 to be reasonably feasible)

core computing:

(base 4 is impossible if you weren't high up pre-nerf, 5 and 6 are straight impossible until the next base is released in a later patch, and computing 9 takes a two-day-plus grind when you've done literally everything else)

Kyrosiris posted:

core auto / compute optimize / smart craft 2 / smart craft 3 / save 15 points and get smart craft 4 (isn't strictly necessary but I'm very lazy)

reactor autobuy is only useful when pushing
compute power auto is nice but it's so many points when you gain 80% of your purchased compute power with one "buy max" click 10 minutes into the run
compute auto salvage is great but you can manually mimic it with a smart choice of fixed number
autowarp is fine but even with maxed module + warp shard on orange I don't cap my warps more often than every 12 hours

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

there is not as far as I know... but there are ugly images on the discord so here let me get them for you:

base challenge first-time completion sector:

power hungry:

synth purity:

(this is the only one I know a guideline for, synth purity 4 takes a base synth speed of at least 1e11 to be reasonably feasible)

core computing:

(base 4 is impossible if you weren't high up pre-nerf, 5 and 6 are straight impossible until the next base is released in a later patch, and computing 9 takes a two-day-plus grind when you've done literally everything else)

These are both helpful and annoying (not your fault obviously). I did jump into the discord to see if there was any other guidance but it was also lacking beyond later base challenges though, so I'll take what I can get.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
magic research on ios is a fun one

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Can anyone post the recommended layouts for the base challenge in USI?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Thirst Mutilator posted:

These are both helpful and annoying (not your fault obviously). I did jump into the discord to see if there was any other guidance but it was also lacking beyond later base challenges though, so I'll take what I can get.
I did it all with pre-nerf bases and a lot of unbound research, so a fair chunk of this is likely out of date, but here's a brain dump of what I remember:

-gatling laser is the most busted thing right now, so use that because the damage formulae don't care about the base weapon type
-you can't really grind core computing over time because the salvage gain is linear. use v1 weapons until you can get v2 to 95 or higher (the only important damage factor is the damage upgrades from the weapons themselves) and if you hit a wall that's it, you're screwed, go do something else. this one wants regular laser on your non-gatlings for the synergy upgrade if that gets the 10x, I do not recall if it does, check that yourself sorry :shobon:
-power hungry is impossible to grind further than your natural cap because you don't get more reactor capacity over time, either you get there or you don't
-my strat for synth purity 4 works for the previous three as well, because it was "take a nap". (by accident. forgot it was running.) don't ignore the lower tier materials altogether, you can bank up like 1e10 white alloy and then 1e9 green and so on up the chain and end up with a chunk more multiplier. this one actually scales pretty well for the first few hours if you just need a little more push to get one or two sectors further.
-for base, you want to have some of the "allows boosters" pinks in 3, then as many boosters as possible pointing to "multipliers" in 3 and 2, then four boosters pointing to damage in 1 and glass-cannon it. note that the way the multiplier tile scales, you only want to have them if they have the same number of boosters around them - if you have one touching 3 and one touching 2, the latter is actually weakening your total multiplier - so if you don't have the middle of base 3 you end up with 6x3 boosted in base 2 and 3x3 boosted in base 3.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KazigluBey posted:

Can anyone post the recommended layouts for the base challenge in USI?
assuming you do not have MIDDLE BAR of base 3 (but assuming you do have the rest, there'll be a note below).
I took these outside the challenge so uh, ignore all my numbers lol accidental humblebrag
general principle: boosters are still insane because compounding multiplication, so you're going to have very few tiles doing the heavy lifting for everything else
the way the yellow "increase multiplier" tiles work is that there's a dividing factor based on the number of them around, so you want to be sure every one of them is as boosted as they can be (and you don't have any others that are being less boosted, because then you get like, one worth 20x less but it still divides the total by 1.25 more so you end up behind)

base 1 is for damage, also shield around the edges because you might as well:

you can replace the 3x boosted greens with reds for a small additional damage mult, but it's drowned out by the 4xs anyway

base 2 is for multiplier:

the reds are just filler, they can be greens, but I like damage. the important thing here is that you can't get a 4x boosted anything, so 3x boosted is cap, so fill every 3x boosted slot with multipliers

base 3 is for booster-permitting and multiplier:

the middle row is not reds, it's just blank, because I assumed nobody had it if they didn't get it pre-nerf. if you have it, you actually want to 4x boost the two yellows and then the bottom yellow can be a red.
the goal here is to contribute some 3x boosted multiplier and then the rest is being allowed to use boosters, because they're the broken thing
if your pink isn't strong enough to allow this build (not sure if pink goes up with upgrades) or you're missing some of these squares as well, add pinks where you can (for instance, drop the two rightmost tiles on the two bottom rows for pinks if needed)

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Thank you very much! Is there any preferred layout for the ship as well, or does the "all gatlings" principle hold?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
One gatling and 5x whatever synergizes best - I think it's typically either base laser for the damage synergy or charge laser for the range? Not sure, though. Basically one gatling is going to do the entire heavy lifting and if you can give it more than 2x from another weapon slot that's better than another gatling (unless you're constrained by fire rate because you want 0 friends to get through. use your judgment.)

there is one boss with a shield somewhere (core compute 8 or base 4 maybe?) where you might want to go charge laser + support instead, and ramp up, and have enough shields to outlast it, but wherever it is I just overpowered that one by numbers so I don't actually know anything beyond overhearing discord posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

But you don't get salvage in this challenge, how are people upgrading?