Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Barudak posted:

Of course.

The asking price is going to be obscenely higher since they are now a company that apparently determines the market and can't be bought out.

Yeah, I guess it's whoever brings the most money. Since Sony apparently can't go on without cod I assume the price will be raised significantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

American McGay posted:

I've been in contact with Phil and as soon as the deal is finalized he's green lighting THPS3+4.
"press Y to yell 'do a kickflip' out your car window"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Sony is fighting tooth and nail to keep Sekiro off gamepass

That's right

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Jim “can’t stop” Cryan

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

maybe they should table fable for awhile

Would it hurt the label if they were able to table fable?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

webmeister posted:

Jim “can’t stop” Cryan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

webmeister posted:

Jim “can’t stop” Cryan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony are so shook over this deal that it’s unreal. Maybe make some shooters again?????

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sony are so shook over this deal that it’s unreal. Maybe make some shooters again?????

Killzone was good for like 2 games

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Beastie posted:

Killzone was good for like 2 games
Hell yeah, Killzone 2 multiplayer was great. That kill chirp is god-tier. And the character animation was amazing for the PS3, it actually felt like people had weight. Call of Duty still hasn't reached that level, lol.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

American McGay posted:

I've been in contact with Phil and as soon as the deal is finalized he's green lighting THPS3+4.

Tell him to reboot Space Quest!

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

That explains this then. It seems that even if the acquisition is blocked that Sony has completely hosed their relationship with ActivisionBlizzard in the process. Imagine Ryan's comment will make Sony look even worse in regulators eyes now however, which I didn't think was possible at this point since the FTC is particularly pissed at them. Wonder what juicy info will come from Sony being subpoenaed.

American McGay posted:

Thank you for your service.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Absolute lol if we end up in a situation where ActiBlizz would have released CoD on PlayStation if it was owned by MS, but since the acquisition was blocked, they'll exclude the platform purely out of spite

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

the FTC is particularly pissed at them.

What happened here? Or are you just talking about how most of Sony's objections to providing documents were rejected?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Ruffian Price posted:

Absolute lol if we end up in a situation where ActiBlizz would have released CoD on PlayStation if it was owned by MS, but since the acquisition was blocked, they'll exclude the platform purely out of spite

This would be funny and deserved but the whole point of the investment (and Microsoft having made deals to bring COD to even more platforms) is to make money so they wouldn't do that since it makes no business sense. They should go all-in on Xbox-exclusive content however since Sony's been doing that poo poo for eons.

SpiderLink posted:

What happened here? Or are you just talking about how most of Sony's objections to providing documents were rejected?

It's related to that, part of some big legal analysis thing and what stuck was a part being highlighted about the Judge pointing out that they were bullshitting or something. Kinda like how Sony accidentally submitted numbers that didn't add up to the CMA which implied they hadn't been paying ActivisionBlizzard what they should lol.

The Illusive Man posted:

So Starfield in September, I’m assuming Forza in October (or maaaaybe August) - what does that leave for November as the big holiday game? Avowed? That seems too similar to Starfield, but I’m not sure what else is that far in the pipeline. Maybe Hellblade 2? Is that worth a major holiday slot?

I'd be hyped as heck to get a Gears 6 announcement even though it probably wouldn't drop until 2025 at the earliest. The Coalition is confirmed to be working on it at least which is good. I hope they introduce a Halo-styled BTB mode as the big new thing since it would be awesome to have larger maps and playercounts with Swarm/Locust having Brumaks and poo poo stomping about and COG having the mechs and stuff.

I dunno about Hellblade 2 since from what we've seen it looks like they're trying to make it a much more epic God of War styled game and since the devs are small and have multiple games in development it might take them a while. I imagine we'll probably get some kind of surprise game from a Bethesda studio? The Doom or Wolfenstein devs might have something ready?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ruffian Price posted:

Let's not drop down to this level of console wars fanfiction. They're not going to ignore a platform and miss out on all those potential dollars on a game that also costs quite some dollars to make. I imagine that is one reason Sony has started making PC ports of exclusives, no reason to leave extra money on the table.

They would be more likely to offer MS a sweetheart deal for timed exclusive DLC however. At least, that was my initial thought, but I imagine crossplay is a big deal these days.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 9, 2023

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

webmeister posted:

Jim “can’t stop” Cryan

Aka the guy who just doesn't understand why backwards compatibility is a big deal and had to backpedal on calling the old Gran Turismo games "ancient" and asked why anybody would play them.

Bring back Tretton.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i don't care about this corporate bs i just want game pass Sekiro!!!

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

American McGay posted:

Nevermind that, any chance he can chuck the first 2 on Steam?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

Let's not drop down to this level of console wars fanfiction. They're not going to ignore a platform and miss out on all those potential dollars on a game that also costs quite some dollars to make. I imagine that is one reason Sony has started making PC ports of exclusives, no reason to leave extra money on the table.

They would be more likely to offer MS a sweetheart deal for timed exclusive DLC however. At least, that was my initial thought, but I imagine crossplay is a big deal these days.

The other thing to bear in mind with all this is that, as petty as it unquestionably is, Sony is pretty much required by capitalism to fight this merger. The shareholders would mutiny otherwise. This is also, due to a bizarre chain of similar arm-twisting, why MLB The Show is on Xbox, and available through Game Pass. Similarly, even if the deal does go through, I could see something extremely dumb happening like the US Military stepping in like the MLB did for The Show and saying "no you are loving not going to limit the reach of our oorah propaganda, and will keep the game available on PlayStation". This is the dumbest timeline and not much would surprise me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i don't care about this corporate bs i just want game pass Sekiro!!!

i had it on ps4... but i gave my copy away :negative:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i had it on ps4... but i gave my copy away :negative:
I’m seeing double… four fails.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

turn on your multi-screen setup

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
I love the twitter CMA snippets. Do people think Sony wouldn't make arguments to their benefit? Companies have lawyers who are paid to make any and all arguments in their client's favor. Of course they're throwing every possible argument at the CMA to see what sticks. MS would do the same if the roles were reversed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Phony Failstation.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Phony Failstation.
Many are saying this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

chupacabraTERROR posted:

MS would do the same if the roles were reversed.

They would never

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

chupacabraTERROR posted:

I love the twitter CMA snippets. Do people think Sony wouldn't make arguments to their benefit? Companies have lawyers who are paid to make any and all arguments in their client's favor. Of course they're throwing every possible argument at the CMA to see what sticks. MS would do the same if the roles were reversed.

Lol no one said they're doing something illegal by making these arguments, were just having a little chuckle at them.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s funny when two multibillion dollar companies have a humiliation contests

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

hatty posted:

It’s funny when two multibillion dollar companies have a humiliation contests

dehumanize yourself and face to gamepass

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Phony Failstation.

I was promised an Owny Pwnstation, this changes everything!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ruffian Price posted:

lmao I would absolutely do this if I were an executive at ActiBlizz, and then I would give Microsoft some massively generous deal to have CoD on Gamepass day 1 for the next decade.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

yeah, surely activision will turn down billions of dollars because a sony executive was mean to them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Honestly at the end of the day, everyone at these three companies that is involved in this deal, are probably meeting up at the end of the day for dinner and to laugh about it. No one actually cares how this all goes. It's all theater.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Actblizz is in the position to be bought because they're failing financially. I don't think they'll be in any position to strong-arm their biggest customer if this deal falls through.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The important thing about this news, IMO, is that the British are epic fail ftl mad, and also cope.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

It’s a very small club of senior executives in most industries. They may not personally like each other (cryin’ jim’s comment was pretty aggressive) but they still are expected to do right by their shareholders. Sometimes that means doing deals, sometimes it means trying to kill other people’s deals. It’s just how the game is played.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The important thing about this news, IMO, is that the British are epic fail ftl mad, and also cope.

could have told you this 600 years ago

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the Bri*ish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

some competition and market authorities just want to see the world burn