Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

My wife doesn't like death match poo poo because it's real

My wife loves death match poo poo because it’s real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

History Comes Inside! posted:

We're a couple of wife guys!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If you don't think wrestling is fake, then you're a Mr. Anderson fan. Don't be that.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

explosivo posted:

Yeah James leaning into it makes them funny in the moment but hearing Tony sheepishly trying to gloss over the insane ones while he's reading through them makes me think like, don't make these guys read this poo poo Tony's got kids lol. I also have to wonder if that doesn't rule into bluewire's decision to drop them when the first 15 minutes of the show are them reading people's insane patreon names and nothing seems to be off the table as far as what they're willing to read. It's a good segment I just think there's a lot of people who really want to get their high-larious bits in about tony's hog.

i agree people go a little too buck wild with the sex stuff about Johny and Tony. The repetitive nature of the bit and most peoples lack of humour does test my patience at times but when it hits oh boy. They said why they got fired, it was for making too much drat money!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Big fan of two-steps-ahead Hulk Hogan, and the Jay Bradley/Brian Cage segment killed me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I will always love any deadlock episode that heavily features Hogan. It's their best riff subject by far and had obviously lead to some incredible bits.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I only recently discovered the Retro Syncs on the patreon and it's been great working my way back through these. They always start the videos with a minute or two clip from the show with no commentary so I think I just watched the first 30 seconds of one and assumed they were recaps of the episode they covered with no commentary and watched something else. The one with the Mr. America lie detector test was incredible.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
deadlock needs to get that bluechew money and make a second podcast dedicated solely to the adventures of hulk hogan and jimmy hart

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dango Bango posted:

I will always love any deadlock episode that heavily features Hogan. It's their best riff subject by far and had obviously lead to some incredible bits.

Or maybe it hasn't Brother

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

History Comes Inside! posted:

I'm a big fan of your work, Mr. Moxley.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

I would like the thread to know I posted this before getting to the wedding segment of this week's episode.

Holy poo poo lmao at that whole bit at the end.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CVagts posted:

Big fan of two-steps-ahead Hulk Hogan, and the Jay Bradley/Brian Cage segment killed me.

Them summarising the segment and bringing it around correctly talking about how signing Jay Bradley and not Brian Cage was representative of everything TNA did wrong was sad but insightful.

Suplex Liberace posted:

it's mandatory to listen to the patreon shout outs this week. Tony does them and you find out where the ads went.

In general I'm not sure what Tony adds to Deadlock, but him soullessly rushing through them like he wants to die is death audio.

But as many here have noted, fans doing lewd RP stuff about you that you are forced to interact with would suck.

explosivo posted:

Are the deadlock patron shoutouts new patrons only? Do people unsub then resub with wacky names to have them read aloud? I feel like Tony is uncomfortable when he's made to read them and they're all talking about unfurling his huge hog like a garden hose or whatever, he really sounds like he doesn't want to read those aloud. There's definitely a lot of funny ones but there's also a lot that are just too loving much.

Only the new ones, but people re sub or create new accounts to get read again. Honestly they should lift the tier that gets read, too many lovely $1 tier things. Even the red letter media video game spin-off streamers, Previously Recorded said they wouldn't read messages of less than $2/3, because if people want them saying stupid stuff on camera, pay them!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

you should tell them that they are all collectively not smart

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Wazzu posted:

In general I'm not sure what Tony adds to Deadlock, but him soullessly rushing through them like he wants to die is death audio.

Tony is there to be the sane one while Johnny and James descend into madness every week

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tony brings his deck and his schlong

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tony brings his deck and his schlong

i gotta remember to cancel my sub before april 1 so i can use my funny shoutout joke

doos
Jan 1, 2015

neoaxd posted:

Tony is there to be the sane one while Johnny and James descend into madness every week

Jawnny attempts to fight against the madness, but in doing so makes it stronger. Tony is such a powerful dad, and is so tired from raising children and informing Home Depot that he isn't actually committing theft, that he does not have the ability to acknowledge the madness.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I feel like the shoutouts peaked with the multiple people introducing and then continuing the Home Depot bit all in the same week, and now everyone's overdoing it by trying to outweird and outpervert each other.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Wazzu posted:

In general I'm not sure what Tony adds to Deadlock

I haven't listened in a while but the absolute best bits of Deadlock were when Tony would matter of factly talk about something completely normal to him while Johnny and James were going mad at him not noticing the insanity of it, like the boy/girl party

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 9, 2023

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tony PizzaGuy is the Adam Friedland of Deadlock. James and Jonny are interchangeable as both Nick and Stav

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Wazzu posted:

In general I'm not sure what Tony adds to Deadlock

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_man

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Wazzu posted:

In general I'm not sure what Tony adds to Deadlock,

about 12 inches

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave had no idea about Bryan's hair and thought he was joking when he said it was a result of a bit about Vince McMahon for WOL :allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think this is the first time I've ever heard Dave circle back to something from earlier in the show (referring to the WWE betting story when talking about how Danielson and MJF would have had to have known the outcome a while in advance to plan their match) and it was so weird hearing him making a reference to someting from earlier in a natural way that it really shook me.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

about 12 inches

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jawnhy is so legit the poo poo. Cock me up the rear end!! So good.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
The mini-detour they did on CHIKARA was great.

“Eddie! What are you doing? Jakob Hammermier is killing the business and the promotion needs your help!”

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

yea ok posted:

Jawnhy is so legit the poo poo. Cock me up the rear end!! So good.

JAAAAAOHNSON

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Tonfa posted:

I haven't listened in a while but the absolute best bits of Deadlock were when Tony would matter of factly talk about something completely normal to him while Johnny and James were going mad at him not noticing the insanity of it, like the boy/girl party

tony is just as crazy as jawnny and james he just hides it. like looping burger king foot lettuce for hours or throwing an action figure at kanyon at a wcw house show

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tony is just as crazy as jawnny and james he just hides it. like looping burger king foot lettuce for hours or throwing an action figure at kanyon at a wcw house show

Tony is the Jerma of Deadlock.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/bestofpulse/status/1633948474268942338?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Various Presidents/celebrities say “gently caress Jay Bradley that piece of poo poo!”

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Dave feeling really generous with the star ratings this week. Give a 5.75 star, a 5 star and a whopping (five!) 4.75 star ratings this week.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the post-Revolution glow

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I forget which Deadlock episode it first happened in, but the new wrinkle that HHH is now also always calling in to agree with Hogan and Bubba the Love Sponge is fun.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Stall_19 posted:

Dave feeling really generous with the star ratings this week. Give a 5.75 star, a 5 star and a whopping (five!) 4.75 star ratings this week.

Who got which ratings?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
n/m

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I forget which Deadlock episode it first happened in, but the new wrinkle that HHH is now also always calling in to agree with Hogan and Bubba the Love Sponge is fun.

it’s the one with Jesse Ventura rope laddering onto the Death Star because he was also one of the callers

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jesse Ventura is my favourite deadlock character now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesse ventura is tied at the hip with demo dick and dick tater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

sargeant steve sniffs