Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lol Hasan Abi discussed the whole Halli vs Elon debacle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxrCmxA3w4Q

warning: extremely bad fake icelandic accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Talorat posted:

There was a guy who posted a legendary thread on here back in like 2010 about how his job got made redundant after a merger but they accidentally zeroed out his ID instead of firing him and it turned out the career code for 0000 was "OSHA Supervisor" so he was technically still employed and pulling a paycheck. The thread then detailed how he decided he was going to go along with it as long as he could, and would occasionally like, tape down some cables in the hallway or something. It was a great thread. Other folks have posted similar experiences at different times, but that one always stuck with me.

Yeah this was the first thing that came to mind as well.

IIRC, part of the reason he went unnoticed after layoffs happened was cause of 9/11. Oh and there was one other guy at his company across the country who had the same deal happen to him.

poo poo, now I wanna read that thread again.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Twitter Files #141

Over 50 thousand “Santa Claus” accounts dismissed from verification queue without investigation. Why? Because the real one was
verified in 2014 - under a different name. 1/44

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Someone should make an impersonation account and do their own twitter files

But it just links to emerald mines and musk getting dunked on

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

rotinaj posted:

It’s this. Now, anytime anyone tries to argue that elon is a dumbfuck and he is accomplishing dick, they can just ask if you have read all of the twitter files. And if you say no, they mean fuckall, it is an immediate signifier that you will never agree with them.

It’s the same as “jordan peterson cannot be taken out of context, you need to watch his entire seven hour diatribe”

gently caress no, nobody rational would do that, but it is just a tribal signifier.

Mussell Brand's latest release "South African Tribe".

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://shii.bibanon.org/shii.org/knows/American_Dream.html

Not the thread but the op.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Strong 2005 gbs posting superstar energy in that op

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I hope that Twitter person is fake, because they just keep talking about all the stuff they're spending the money on, and when/if discovered the lawyers will come to claim it all back.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
They're definitely fake but it's a great troll because Musk will respond "looking into it" and nearly kill himself trying to find this non-existent person

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

sebmojo posted:

Strong 2005 gbs posting superstar energy in that op

hmm, that url is familiar... oh dear

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=49623

being into archiving stuff from SA should probably get you put on a list.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Yeah Shii was involved in the founding of 4chan

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Mr. Fix It posted:

hmm, that url is familiar... oh dear

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=49623

being into archiving stuff from SA should probably get you put on a list.

I actually remember that ban, the 404 page on his site was a crudely drawn ms paint of a naked girl, like a step up from a stick figure. somehow he got permabanned for it.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Like finding out Pimp My Ride was mostly fake, I feel like those posts are just made up bullshit to get some internet cred(like that BigPeeler(?) guy) and its disappointing

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

BoonyPC posted:

Pimp My Ride was mostly fake

WHAAAAAAAAT?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Scientastic posted:

WHAAAAAAAAT?

It's true, Xzibit was an early AI

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Iirc it was fake because keeping it real would be a legal nightmare.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

They didn't do any real repair work on critical features like the engine or the brakes. A lot of those car owners the same old rust bucket back but with neon lighting and a PS2 in the trunk

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

grittyreboot posted:

They didn't do any real repair work on critical features like the engine or the brakes. A lot of those car owners the same old rust bucket back but with neon lighting and a PS2 in the trunk

I actually remember an episode where they fixed the engine on the car.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

busalover posted:

But MTV famously had a show about people getting real

I’m gonna need a second here. Someone get me a glass of water.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
This video where a guy buys an old PMR car/van/abomination and does it up is a really entertaining watch-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX79IILLDlE

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Elon Musk:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kazil posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Elon Musk:

What was this in reference to?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Roblo posted:

What was this in reference to?

Quoting himself

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

BoonyPC posted:

Like finding out Pimp My Ride was mostly fake, I feel like those posts are just made up bullshit to get some internet cred(like that BigPeeler(?) guy) and its disappointing

Yeah, basically you shouldn't be believing anyone who claims to be in a "forgotten employee" situation. There are people that fall through the cracks like that (at least until the budgeting for the next FY gets going -- they tend to be found then); but also because anyone actually in that situation has a very large reason to keep their mouth shut about it.

And it's not (just) because speaking up about it increases the chances someone with the power to fix the problem will find out about it and stop the free money from rolling in -- but it because ever publicly acknowledging they know what's going on can be used as evidence to establish intent to defraud.

"I don't know, my manager told me to just sit tight and wait for my next assignment and so that's what I did" works as a defense, and can even keep the company from asking for the money back; but it only works if there's no evidence of you online saying that you actually knew better and kept quiet about it.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I currently work maybe actually like 10 hours a week in my fulltime job. I mostly just play Total War: Warhammer 3, interspersed with some emailing and teamsmeetings. This is the best kind of job and I highly recommend it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

busalover posted:

Same with a lot of the 'Judge X' shows.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
next you're gonna tell me that reality television is more scripted than candid

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Judge shows aren't fake, exactly, but it's certainly not a court of law. It's just arbitration both parties agree to and are compensated for.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Collapsing Farts posted:

I currently work maybe actually like 10 hours a week in my fulltime job. I mostly just play Total War: Warhammer 3, interspersed with some emailing and teamsmeetings. This is the best kind of job and I highly recommend it

Some weeks 10 hours is enough to get my job done and I catch up on my reading, forums, games. Other times I’ve got competing urgent priorities that make for long days on long days.

When it first started happening I had a lot of guilt and would seek out work or make work for myself but now I’m wise enough to know to keep my head down and the work will eventually catch up with me again. Although I still do get that little bit of guilt sometimes but I just push it down.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Working fewer hours than you bill for is solidarity, not fraud. Unless you somehow know your boss is cool enough that you can ask them for extra work and they won't also up everyone else's workload, including yours when you are actually busy, you had better keep that to yourself.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sankis posted:

Judge shows aren't fake, exactly, but it's certainly not a court of law. It's just arbitration both parties agree to and are compensated for.

Those are the 'real' ones.
The others, like Divorce Court, take old court transcripts and reenact them with actors.
Spicing them up to make them outrageous, hence better viewing.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

happyhippy posted:

Those are the 'real' ones.
The others, like Divorce Court, take old court transcripts and reenact them with actors.
Spicing them up to make them outrageous, hence better viewing.

What about judge rinder... :ohdear:

TALKING

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Judge...Judge Judy is real right ;-;

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Let's see what the stupid rear end in a top hat is up to now....oh cool, still going further and further in on some of the worst things.

https://twitter.com/ZubyMusic/status/1633609902286413826

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633738827410882563

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

:lmao: at being a zuby reply guy

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So it finally hit me earlier today what Musk reminds me of and why he's such a bad poster.
He's outdated. He doesn't post like a modern day 4channer or your other, average, fascist shitposter. He is too concerned trying to maintain plausible deniability and keeping up the facade that being seen as a fascist or a racist is a bad thing to be avoided, rather than something to be embraced. He posts like this is still the early 2000s and that fascism is something the Right hides, rather than embraces.
Like he's basically some lame right wing radio host from the Deep South circa 2003 who is trying to distinguish themselves by being more lewd, crude, and snarky than Limbaugh, but still being too afraid to actually just go ahead and use slurs or call for death camps.

Like he's not merely unfunny and completely lacking in wit or charisma - and of course an evil bastard - but he's also operating on sensibilities from over a decade ago.

Like that's why he's so concerned with claiming he's a centrist and poo poo. He doesn't seem to realize what decade it is and that the cultural zeitgeist has changed so wildly that nowadays he'll get more respect and adoration - from the fanbase he cultivates, anyway - by being openly monstrous than by trying to do this absurd routine of deniability he's doing.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Let's see what the stupid rear end in a top hat is up to now....oh cool, still going further and further in on some of the worst things.

Yeah, pretty bad. Also

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633726810545373184

a DMV joke in the year 2023

man has terminal boomer brain

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah this was the first thing that came to mind as well.

IIRC, part of the reason he went unnoticed after layoffs happened was cause of 9/11. Oh and there was one other guy at his company across the country who had the same deal happen to him.

A goon archived it here - https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

e: I should have refreshed. efb

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Do the post office next!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Who the hell is Zuby? Am...am I out of touch?