Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean it's less plugging in and more physically bullying our way into Cyberspace, but details...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Caidin posted:

physically bullying our way into Cyberspace

goons.png

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Man, I feel like a horrible player right now. The Vexcaliber mission is just kicking my rear end, and the reset allllll the way back to the start is just gently caress-you icing on the poo poo cake.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My Vexcalibur got deleted lol

Like literally POOF gone from the game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We're shy of the last maintenance complete estimate by 2.5 hours, I'm not sure why they're letting people in but I wouldn't try until a "background maintenance has ended" tweet

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

that sounds quite

vexing

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Vexcalibur is great and going to get even better.

I didn't realize at first that it allows an on-demand void overshield for 10 seconds once you get some energy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I probably hosed things up by joining the exotic mission in progress and getting the gun without doing the quest

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Vexcalibur makes The Variable significantly easier, yeah. Once you get the shield, you can just mash melee until there are no more enemies standing around. I don't remember exactly what the perk says and there's no way to check right now, but it also gets some kind of attack power boost at times so you can take out wyverns and hydras and cyclopses by doing this

haveblue fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 9, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

having an overshield of any kind gives you a massive damage boost. this works for poo poo like OEM and other sources of overshield

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Vexcalibur is especially silly on Strand Warlock. Pair it with Necrotic Grips, Volatile Flow, and the Shackle Grenade. Pick up orbs to get Volatile, eat your grenade so kills of any kind will suspend enemies near the one you killed, then stab things with the overshield buffed melee. You're spreading volatile and poison from Necrotic in one hit, and when those dudes explode they suspend everything around them and make that explode too, which generates more orbs, which means more volatile. Toss in that fragment that gives you woven mail when you grab an orb and you become an unstoppable blender :allears:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Thanks to whoever posted that void titan build with Severance Enclosure, I am enjoying the game a lot more again

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:ssh: we can’t let bungie find out how good severance enclosure is!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

He's the surfer jock from an 80s teen comedy

He's a nerd from revenge of the nerds pretending to be a jock.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Having just two people to defend an entier city is dumb. Chosing to make one of them a teenager with no expericne of anything is really dumb. Giving that teenager a lethal amount of body modification (and then I guess hoping they are a quick study) is irresponsible and unethical and dumb.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Finally finished the campaign. What the gently caress even happened there? Why do any of the vanguard think the traveller is dead? It’s right there! It’s such a non-sequitur ending.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

CottonWolf posted:

Finally finished the campaign. What the gently caress even happened there? Why do any of the vanguard think the traveller is dead? It’s right there! It’s such a non-sequitur ending.

It's not very well elaborated upon but none of the Ghosts can feel a connection to the Traveller anymore, and one of the Neomuna reporterman's lines refers to the triangle the Witness carved into it as an einstein-rosen bridge, suggesting that the Witness created that portal and took whatever is in the Traveller with it when it went inside.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

this happens several times

We did? The lore books make it sound like the cloudark VR thing is not the vex net.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That sucks drat

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

that's weird, can you pull it from collections or shape a new one?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

there's a lot to be liked about strand but it's tech against phalanx is key to its success

https://i.imgur.com/l03IcoU.mp4

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

there's a lot to be liked about strand but it's tech against phalanx is key to its success

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

sunday at work posted:

Having just two people to defend an entier city is dumb. Chosing to make one of them a teenager with no expericne of anything is really dumb. Giving that teenager a lethal amount of body modification (and then I guess hoping they are a quick study) is irresponsible and unethical and dumb.

Yeah it'd also be stupid to have a movie where a bus can't drop below 55mph or an fbi agent infiltrate a surfer gang that robs banks. Man glad no one's ever just made decisions because they thought it was cool

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

sunday at work posted:

Have you ever met a real life military recruiter?

(The two at a time thing is dumb unless they have Superman levels of power though).

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Found the problem with the cloudstrider stuff

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

i still cackle every time i grapple myself to safety.

Just finished the campaign with a buddy and it's plays so tedious for some reason. I played through witch queen three times alone and once with a friend and didn't think twice about any of it whereas we decided to cheese calus at the end of lightfall just to get it over with. oh and i guess i forgot to talk to nimbus before headlong it didn't grant me progress or count towards my lightfall quest.

Astrochicken fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 9, 2023

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Is Devrim gay now too, or has he always babbled about "Mark"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Majere posted:

He has always babbled about Mark, but he's never been the focus of a storyline before so you wouldn't know it unless you spent a while chilling with him in the EDZ for no reason

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Majere posted:

It’s the future, everyone is gay

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Majere posted:

Devrim has had a sniper bounty called “Marc’s Man” this whole time and there’s at least one Red War lore thing mentioning him. He and Marc raised Hawthorne.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
everyone in this game is queer except zavala, the straightest man alive risen

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

everyone in this game is queer except zavala, the straightest man alive risen

Goon project: pay Lance to say "I'm gay" in Zavala voice

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Devrim has had a sniper bounty called “Marc’s Man” this whole time and there’s at least one Red War lore thing mentioning him. He and Marc raised Hawthorne.

I never realized that--where does that come up? I always thought they knew each other as colleagues

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I think there was a Tower scannable where Ghost mentions it. There is definitely a lore entry somewhere. I'll check Ishtar.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/our-choices-define-us

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
Interesting--thanks for digging that up.

Definitely seems like a post-facto decision rather than something set down by the time D2 launched. Wonder if it will ever get referenced or built on again--doesn't seem like Hawthorne has gotten any lines in forever

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Devrim was and always has been 100% gay and it was very obvious at launch

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/MKH2K9/status/1633654326227869699?s=20
I wonder if this explains my LLS frustrations.

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/falloutplays/status/1633877144836390913?t=YLgJ55vx-sthmRSLkVH7IA&s=19

Uhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

PC gaming for the big L