Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Zelensky demanding the chance to Skype into your kid’s parent-teacher conference will never not be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/danieljzalewski/status/1633747284793110528?s=20

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

i dont know why you decided to accuse me of being a neet who gets free government handouts all of a sudden

also the collection is going great :)

the saudis I met in the US got mucho dinero from the government on top of free tuition.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
ok i was fine with war but car wrecks and a messy bridge has made me vomit in horror

can someone please tell me no one has been hurt in all this

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

I can't fault him for trying. He saw a chance to be on the Oscars. Maybe deliver some of his new jokes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s losing power !!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ukraine is done

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

Zodium posted:

i kind of miss it sometimes. it's a very blissful way to perceive the world. everything is governed by simple universal rules, such as supply and demand, that can be applied to any situation. events can be arbitrarily decomposed and combined. anything that contradicts this view is, by definition, besides the point, not relevant, etc., because it is a priori true that everything is governed by the universal rules of liberalism.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

New spectacular attack must be coming if Ukraine needs to win back the media.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Do you know the size of the holes they blew in them? Also, if you need a bunch of specialized equipment, a large amount of explosives, and a diving team your probably not going to jam them all on a smaller craft. In particular, you want those explosives to be properly balanced.

Yeah, what is the motive for a Ukrainian billionaire here anyway, how is he getting money out of what would actually be a very expensive operation?

I sort of assumed all the forensics had not been released. That one video isn't very detailed and skips a bunch, but the giant outwardly bent piece of metal probably means they indeed used a bunch all around.
As for motive, Ukraine's gas transit fees and some nationalism?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i guess we're starting to get to the "america gets bored and wanders off in search of a new toy" part of the war

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, no, come back, the spring offensive didn't even start yet.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

i guess we're starting to get to the "america gets bored and wanders off in search of a new toy" part of the war

well yeah the next decade is the west building up to a conflict with China, one that has much more chance for someone to do something stupid and start a nuclear exchange

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
every us client thinks they're gonna be the new israel but instead they end up being the new south vietnam

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Boring, the west has been building up for a conflict with China for a decade already.

They need another decade? What kind of weaksauce poo poo is this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think that is actually big news he’s been banned from maybe the most important liberal cultural event of the year

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

does anyone even watch that garbage in 2023

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

HallelujahLee posted:

does anyone even watch that garbage in 2023

nope

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Leandros posted:

I sort of assumed all the forensics had not been released. That one video isn't very detailed and skips a bunch, but the giant outwardly bent piece of metal probably means they indeed used a bunch all around.
As for motive, Ukraine's gas transit fees and some nationalism?

That's not likely at all for a billionaire to do. There's 10,000 easier ways to make more money when you have a billion.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, what is the motive for a Ukrainian billionaire here anyway, how is he getting money out of what would actually be a very expensive operation?

This is one of the most suspicious parts to me. Basically every Ukrainian oligarch is estranged from Zelensky and you can bet that all of them would have preferred he would have struck a deal by now. But one of them decides to bomb Baltic infrastructure out of pure patriotism? I bet they plan to pin it on Akhmetov or someone else politically convenient.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore posted:

every us client thinks they're gonna be the new israel but instead they end up being the new south vietnam

lol there were south vietnam flags on 1/6

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Uhh ... mods?

Why isn't Josephina Stalina the background of CSPAM?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/investigativeSK/status/1633771079851204614

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Wow. Its like they're doing that thing that they said Russia was doing.

shockedpikachu.jpg

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's always projection

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
that's horrible

both the fact Ukraine did it and the fact that from what i've 'heard' both sides are not treating prisoners well

just people taken from the street and thrown into brutal warfare, caught between their nazi government and Wagners skull wearing tier SSS shovel soldiers

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

it was the yanks or somebody acting at their behest, hth

It's this

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i too am looking forward to the rebuild but before that happens its important that we destroy more things and hurt russia

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
i'm willing to believe it was an official ukraine operation and we're just lying about it but I'm still 95% sure it was america

dk2m
May 6, 2009

I’m sorry but Zelensky rules for this because the relentlessness of the solidarity push now opens up the ability to accuse the Oscars as a potential pro-Russian organization and that is funny as gently caress

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
the Putinist Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mlmp08 posted:

some day we might figure out who did it.

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

*thinking real hard*

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
mlmp08 will the sun come up tomorrow?

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Looks like the Academy also want to post their favourite tankie films.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lydia Tar...nopol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

crepeface posted:

mlmp08 will the sun come up tomorrow?

There is a substantial difference between a US government official making claims about whether the sun is up, and an anonymous source from The Weather Channel.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

it’s cool that they’re gonna give a fawning documentary about Navalny an Oscar and not allow Zwinky to make a speech, causing Ukkkrainiacs’ heads to explode from cognitive dissy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ive decided that I believe the 'rogue Ukrainian billionaire' story because its easily the funniest

According to the US intelligence community we now live in a world where any billionaire - and not even one of the good ones, some eastern european guy - can privately finance and execute an attack without state support on critical undersea infrastructure and get away with under everyone's nose