Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

not saying it's forced 50%, buuuuuuuuuut

:synpa:

Oodles fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

yo there's a guild?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

It’s mainly P Flax subs

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

oh poo poo i'm subbed to pflax, too

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/g5aEj5m.mp4

Apparently the new hero doesn't shrink after being Bloodlusted lol

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There's also a bug where swapping heroes means you get two of the same hero.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm seein' double! 4 Antimages!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:kstarehair:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Muerta so far:

What did Marci, Dawnbreaker, Primal's charts all look like when they were added? IIRC they were all pretty OP at first.

Obviously people are figuring out where to stick her and how to build her, but I just steamrolled another one in my pubs

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Usually new heroes start busted and work back towards balanced, if memory serves DB was an outlier in that she started out somewhat weaker than expected and had all her numbers juiced in a hotfix shortly after release.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

It kinda varies sometimes they’re rear end sometines theyre op

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Man people will tunnelvision the poo poo of you to get those flowers. It's actually kinda nice if you can more about winning the game than winning the quest.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

What heroes can do cool meaty hammer combos now that it's only 2.5 delay for the stun?

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i wish it was a random delay or something. The OD combo is the most boring poo poo on earth to watch and I bet it sucks to play against in pubs.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Lpzie posted:

Sir/Ma'am, excuse me! Roots enemy, damage based on Evidence stacks.
Dog, Kill! Heals allies + other good effects.
Investigate: Self-buff (Evidence) that tracks enemy attacks and enemy kills on allies.
Ah, just one more thing: Returns enemy to enemy fountain to serve out a prison sentence if enough Evidence stacks against them.

Let's talk about this kit. I think it's lacking, too simple, but the gameplay loop feels fine for a Pos 5. You're kinda just running around the map doing your own thing, setting up wards for vision and tryna catch the enemies in a lie.

I'm guessing INT Hero.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Corla Plankun posted:

i wish it was a random delay or something. The OD combo is the most boring poo poo on earth to watch and I bet it sucks to play against in pubs.

It's truly miserable yea

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Lpzie posted:

Let's talk about this kit. I think it's lacking, too simple, but the gameplay loop feels fine for a Pos 5. You're kinda just running around the map doing your own thing, setting up wards for vision and tryna catch the enemies in a lie.

I'm guessing INT Hero.

What's the scepter/shard effect for Columbo?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dog, kill should be something related to cigar fumes/odor. makes more sense as a pbaoe buff

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Geight posted:

What's the scepter/shard effect for Columbo?

scepter he hops in his car (silly animation for this) and can go really fast + flying unit pathing, run people over (same as ball guy roll)

shard hmm. throws his glass eye for a ministun + cripple on low cooldown? yoyos back into his head. maybe it works like a debuff where u target a guy and it continually plinks them while theyre within N range like razor link

e: due to flying unit pathing and it being a piece of poo poo car it should make a LOT of funny crashing noises when it goes over hills and such

Smythe fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 8, 2023

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
investigate i think if u cast it on an enemy right after tey just killed a guy u get a lot of stacks of it, but it passively accrues just by being around crime scenes

also the "on more thing" ulti prison should fall on them where they stand on the map for his ulti and it disables, silences, perplexes, etc, in the prison cage on the map. then ppl can wail on them. if they die they die. if the duration ends and they can beef thru it they live. i imagine this falling on them like the hon dumpster taunt looked

e: investigate should do more stacks if the enemy has more money lol. columbo always owned those rich mfs

Smythe fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 8, 2023

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Investigate gives extra stacks if PA is around cause she's leavin bloodsprays everywhere

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if i was 13 and playing wc3 dota i would get so hype to make and add this columbo to the map and play it lmao. is there a hero maker tool for dota workshop? if not why is there not. WAIT is there a mugen style dota???????? where ppl can make all kinds of hosed up poo poo???

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i realize that "mugen style dota" is just "dota" lol, but that was a long time ago....

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
one more thing also columbo should do a ace attorney thing on ur screen when he imprisons u

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

There are legit a bunch of crazy custom maps under the arcade tab but it's a lot harder to get random lobbies going than it was back then

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Geight posted:

There are legit a bunch of crazy custom maps under the arcade tab but it's a lot harder to get random lobbies going than it was back then

drat rip

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Smythe posted:

dog, kill should be something related to cigar fumes/odor. makes more sense as a pbaoe buff

You might be right. I just want the Dog to show up somewhere. Could also show up during the scepter animation tho!

https://i.imgur.com/o8qW01F.mp4

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Columbo's "One More Thing" ult should passively give him evidence stacks based on like Visage's Soul Assumption, then he can unleash them for a counter attack that does damage based on stacks times a multiplier based on how much hp he's missing. It's about giving the enemy a false sense of security then turning the tables on them

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

They kinda snuck this change in between all the bugfixes but it's a pretty big information buff, clicking enemies on the top bar will select them (so you can check items) and snap the camera to their last visible location. Gets a lot easier to keep up with enemy itemization this way!

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

I think I'm ready for another two year break

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I think I'm ready for another two year break

Think of the comeback streak and keep queuing

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Don't give up!

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Never seen Muerta win as a carry, but I've been owning fools as position 4. Currently 4-1 and the 1 loss was probably unavoidable given it was our mid raging out and afking.

Dead Shot is insane. Baseline it's quite strong already but, once you're level 20 with all three Dead Shot talents and an Octarine the poo poo you can do is wild. 400 damage, 2 charges on a 7.5 sec cd, 1500 range + 2250 ricochet. It can be a Pudge Hook, it can be a Walrus Kick, it can be a Power Shot, whatever you need, it's there for you. Honestly this is the ability that carries the entire hero. People rave about The Calling (her W), but that poo poo is mid at best compared to Dead Shot. What a sick ability. Super fun to use too.

Her ult feels like poo poo honestly, being completely countered by BKB makes me wonder how you're meant to carry. She's like a longer ranged but much worse OD. At least OD has the potential to dominate and snowball before BKBs come out.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I think I've only had muerta on my team twice, once a carry, once as pos 4.

Both times i was undying in the lane with her, and neither enemy lane could deal with tomb stone particularly well. The fear from deadshot combos really well with tombstone in my experience so far. The carry muerta did feed first blood with bad positioning, but I got a double kill on the 3 and 4 (axe and skywrath), and we just snowballed from there.

The 2nd game with the pos 4, we had a
Qop mid who got demolished by invoker, who built an orchid and used it to keep killing qop all game because she refused to buy a euls or bkb until her 5th item. After me and muerta dominated their safe lane, muerta started farming and became our pos 2 basically, while the pos 5 cm and I just ran around making space for jugg, or trading our qops death's for kills in return.

So a positive experience so far for me regarding muerta.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I like that she has different lines for whether you're bringing someone closer or pushing them away with Dead Shot.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

missed techies chat but i came up with a silly offlane techies build. start with ring of regen and wind lace and tangos, then get tranquils, void stone, shard, aether lens, then heart and bkb, linkens or lotus orb. get a +range neutral item if you can. then aggressively jump on people from off screen and throw mines, tazer and just run away from any trouble. it's super fun to play and works way better than i thought it would. i call them tankies. razor and naix will kill you tho. :cheerdoge:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

How many times did you get reported for building Heart on Techies?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

none. tankies ftw

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

V
Did Not Play Selected Role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

quote:

Dota 2 Update - 3/17/2023
Gameplay Update

Muerta:
  • Base Attack Time improved from 1.7s to 1.6s
  • Dead Shot Ricochet Fear Duration decreased from 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0s to 1.0/1.2/1.4/1.6s
  • Pierce the Veil Duration increased by 0.35s to account for Transform Duration
  • Pierce the Veil Bonus Attack Damage increased from 50/75/100 to 50/100/150
  • Level 25 Talent +20% Gunslinger Chance replaced with The Calling Summons 2 additional revenants
  • Level 20 Talent The Calling Summons 2 additional revenants replaced with Talent +20% Gunslinger Chance
  • Level 15 Talent +25 Damage increased to +35 Damage

Nooooo my beautiful Dead Shot

also +2 Revenants at 25 has to be one of the worst level 25s in the game, it was already weak at 20