Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Karate Bastard posted:

I am rich engough to take a violent crap all over you, and rich enough to claim that I didn't, which I just did, and you are considering letting me take further dumps, onto your head, and, otherwise person.

Dude's got a degenerative disease that is going to cost a lot of money before it kills him and wants to try and get his family set up financially before that happens.

If I were in that boat and some mercurial billionaire was a key factor in making that happen? I'd let him take literal dumps, not metaphorical twitter post insult dumps, on my head if that's what it took.

loving sucks, it's wrong, etc. but it's the world we live in and the hand that guy was dealt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's not even that big of a dump. If I was considered some kind of near-saint in my home country and Elon Musk was fumbling through some attempt at le epic pwnage for a big payout I think I'd be ok with it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That guy should ride this for all its worth. Taking money from elon is always blessed.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scratch Monkey posted:

It is a very lawyerly way of saying “I want to look contrite without admitting personal responsibility”

It's still really funny because of how transparent it is, how now he's saying "wait hold up let's pump the brakes on dunking on this guy" and all his legions of stans who have been all-in on dragging Halli to hell and back now suddenly have to reverse course and be all-in on him actually being fine. Whether they just deny reality and pretend the last 24 hours never happened or they somehow manage to spin some yarn about how everything they've posted about him is consistent and correct actually, either way it means they've spent every waking moment of the past day extremely uncomfortable and that is hilarious

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Everybody has that dream where your in school taking a test and haven’t studied? This is that test.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Cartoon Man posted:

Everybody has that dream where your in school taking a test and haven’t studied? This is that test.

I think every teacher has hosed up their recycled test questions like this at least once. I know I have.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

This reads like one of those Facebook trick math questions that exist so people can feel smug about 'getting' the trick. I hate those things.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah yes, the Louisiana state literacy test for black people

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Data Graham posted:

Ah yes, the Louisiana state literacy test for black people

Now with added anti-Irish sentiment!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This reads like one of those Facebook trick math questions that exist so people can feel smug about 'getting' the trick. I hate those things.

The smug people are a means to an end. The real goal is to get those people and the idiots who get belligerent when challenged to get in a big fight.

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon
Obviously the second graders ate 0 apples since there were 32 chocolate coins right there to eat instead.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Barometer posted:

I think I blocked that memory. Edit; gently caress, yeah Beastmaster was the poo poo, too.

Jesus, Beastmaster. That one has to win for weirdest poo poo-out-of-nowhere. The green gummi worms that go in your ear and turn into into a roided-out rage monster, the big leathery-winged dudes that bear-hug you and dissolve you with acid, the loving ferrets.

Okay, it's at least a toss-up between it and Krull.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Phanatic posted:

Jesus, Beastmaster. That one has to win for weirdest poo poo-out-of-nowhere. The green gummi worms that go in your ear and turn into into a roided-out rage monster, the big leathery-winged dudes that bear-hug you and dissolve you with acid, the loving ferrets.

I had a pair of ferrets when I was a kid named kodo and podo because of Beastmaster. I miss those little bastards.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Nenonen posted:

Now with added anti-Irish sentiment!

:nws: for sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsg29nIkl5o :nws:

(Blazing Saddles)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I’m the dolled-up baby

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phanatic posted:

The worms WERE from beastmaster?! I thought they were for the longest time, then I thought they were from star trek because I saw a clip from wrath of khan.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

The worms WERE from beastmaster?! I thought they were for the longest time, then I thought they were from star trek because I saw a clip from wrath of khan.

I thought it was just a liquid, in Beastmaster? (Wrath of Khan had dark brown worm.) Guess I know what I'll be watching this weekend!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My earbuds have been named "Yeerks" for years

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

what's the thread consensus on nominative determinism?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Leon Sumbitches posted:

what's the thread consensus on nominative determinism?

You tell me, Johnny Badposter

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Phanatic posted:

the big leathery-winged dudes that bear-hug you and dissolve you with acid

I somehow internalized this memory as a young kid and it changed in my mind to scary robots in trenchcoats that would wrap you up in their coats and turn you into goo. Posted this vague hazy memory in an SA thread a while back and someone was like "nope that's Beastmaster, it was these dragon things." I watched the video and it sent a chill down my spine; my mind's version of it was pretty scary but seeing it just like I did as a toddler chilled me.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Load-bearing dicks.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

(in the JORTS)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh you’re just gonna make me cry while browsing yospos like that? drat dude

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

that's animorphs

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Well, they don't call it the Swamp of Bliss, do they?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That post shook me so much I thought I was in a different forum

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Can I change my name to Violent Crap?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That post shook me so much I thought I was in a different forum

My work here is done (for now…)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is this what they mean by YOSPOS bitch

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Sentient Data posted:

:golfclap:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I'm glad I decided as a child that furry dragons are bullshit and not worth watching.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012