Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GreenBuckanneer posted:

All the stuff I needed to do needed you to be in person. I forgot to renew my driver's license and you can't do it online, you have to go in person.

I had to go in person to change my name on the license.

By and large, renewals are online. First time registering isn't.

Also it's by definition a first-hand experience with bureaucracy and paperwork, and the purpose of the person behind the desk is to help you through it. The problem is that 95% of the time, if there's some problem with the paperwork, it's YOUR fault. Like you forgot to file some form, or pay some fee, or you let something expire, or you have the wrong address on something, or your insurance isn't up to date, any number of things that are all YOUR responsibility. The only outcome from that kind of interaction is you feeling (and quite rightly) that YOU hosed up and YOU have to pay money and YOU have the ball to do the thing if you want the cookie.

People don't like being told that. They think the DMV should be like McDonald's, you go in pay your $5 and you walk out with a happy meal. They're not used to having an unsatisfying customer service experience that puts more of an onus on THEM to do something and come back later to do it all over again. And boomers and chuds are the champions of everything that goes wrong really being someone else's fault, never their own.

Hence DMV pariah status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

They're not used to having an unsatisfying customer service experience that puts more of an onus on THEM to do something and come back later to do it all over again. And boomers and chuds are the champions of everything that goes wrong really being someone else's fault, never their own.

Boomers, and any chud in that general age area born in the 50's 60's, heck even even 70's, will have lived through an insanely more hands on human based human intensive customer service experience than anyone born in the decades after.

That actually supports both sides of the argument.

Wee fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 9, 2023

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Idk who the gently caress that is, but that's only a 2 year legal range...

Realistically it means he's a paedophile, because people don't tend to remember much of their lives before they were 2.

But he's British, wealthy and right wing, so being a paedophile was already guaranteed.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lol zuby is still releasing music and even his chud fans don't care, his most recent music video only has 50k views

his only value to them is being a black man who agrees with them

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Data Graham posted:

They think the DMV should be like McDonald's, you go in pay your $5 and you walk out with a happy meal.

Yes.

It should be this way.

You remember that scene in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, where they were dealing with the Vogons and how they were being used as a laugh to showcase completely unnecessary and completely opaque bureaucracy?

That's the DMV.

You don't know what you need until you go to the dmv, and by the time you wait the half hour+ in line, you find out of the thirty documents you brought, thinking you had everything, it wasn't enough and you forgot something else you didn't know you needed until they told you.

It's loving stupid bullshit.

Like I said, it's easy to renew those documents online. Registration for new or expired items require you to do that poo poo in person, and the websites are old government sites; poorly designed and rarely maintained, and no one who can changes it wants to put forward the resources, and no one cares.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I live in a state where the DMV is good, I guess, because I either do things online or I go there and it's a 5 minute in and out trip

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

Realistically it means he's a paedophile, because people don't tend to remember much of their lives before they were 2.

But he's British, wealthy and right wing, so being a paedophile was already guaranteed.

If someone was 2 on 9/11, they would be 21 in 2020.

edit: 21, not 23.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 9, 2023

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

wa27 posted:

If someone was 2 on 9/11, they would be 23 in 2020.

Correct, but not sure what that has to do with zuby saying he wouldn't date anyone over 17.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

I'm in my mid 40s now and have been in the DMV 3 times. Once for my driving test, once to renew my license and once to update that to a Real ID. The first time it was a little packed mostly with kids taking tests. The other 2 times I was literally the only non-employee in the building.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
If you're going there constantly you're the problem

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Found in another thread:

https://twitter.com/melhuman/status/1610707061561765888

I checked the website for myself to confirm that yes, that is the claim they are officially making. Haha, Christ, I don't even fully trust this thing to be able to drive over a particularly large speed bump.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Seeing as it had problems with a curb, You're right

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You don't know what you need until you go to the dmv, and by the time you wait the half hour+ in line, you find out of the thirty documents you brought, thinking you had everything, it wasn't enough and you forgot something else you didn't know you needed until they told you.

It's loving stupid bullshit.

Found the dude still laughing at the DMV bit from the 80's.

You should try opening the mail that they send you before you go to the DMV. You can even call them to ask questions before you need to go.

Instead you just wasted everyone else's time.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
See, if I was a rich psycho I'd say my new invention can pull infinite mass and be done for the year and just laugh on some beach.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

No one buying a cybertruck is doing it for the towing power lol

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

Correct, but not sure what that has to do with zuby saying he wouldn't date anyone over 17.

I'm really not looking to defend someone who is clearly a shithead, but you're doing the math backwards. If your cutoff for remembering is 2 years old, then he's saying he wouldn't date anyone over 21.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Not every dmv is the same y'all.

Controversial but true

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

wa27 posted:

I'm really not looking to defend someone who is clearly a shithead, but you're doing the math backwards. If your cutoff for remembering is 2 years old, then he's saying he wouldn't date anyone over 21.

Correct, but we know he means he exclusively dates 15 year olds

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Found in another thread:

I checked the website for myself to confirm that yes, that is the claim they are officially making. Haha, Christ, I don't even fully trust this thing to be able to drive over a particularly large speed bump.

no no no, listen

It can't pull near-infinite mass
It can pull near infinite mass

And the universe, which is made of matter, which has mass, is infinite
The cybertruck occupies space within said infinite universe, and it can pull things

ipso facto, the cybertruck can pull near infinite mass

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Decrepus posted:

Not every dmv is the same y'all.

Controversial but true

I mean I live in a poor area and even my DMV is pretty quick and painless.

Not automated tho

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

Found the dude still laughing at the DMV bit from the 80's.

You should try opening the mail that they send you before you go to the DMV. You can even call them to ask questions before you need to go.

Instead you just wasted everyone else's time.

Every single time I've gone, they have two of the 8 teller spots manned, and have at least 15 people waiting, I assume it's like that all day long.

Who's going to answer the phone? Not those two

Regardless, what mail did they send for those two instances I mentioned, because, there isn't.

Anyways, all I am saying is, most of the frustration could be avoided if most or all of the information they need was digitized and accessible without the user needing to find some form they, likely, no longer have. I am not changing my mind on that particular topic.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, I'm in my thirties and I don't remember 9/11, but I'm also pretty sure that isn't what he's going for.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Sockser posted:

no no no, listen

It can't pull near-infinite mass
It can pull near infinite mass

And the universe, which is made of matter, which has mass, is infinite
The cybertruck occupies space within said infinite universe, and it can pull things

ipso facto, the cybertruck can pull near infinite mass

Compared to the infinite the near is completely achievable.

I say to my date as I hand over cash for some of those finger-tip gloves

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean, I'm in my thirties and I don't remember 9/11, but I'm also pretty sure that isn't what he's going for.

there should be a 9/11 I CAN'T RECALL bumper sticker for people like yourself

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Even if you take the most generous reading of that statement it still betrays a deeply unhealthy and harmful attitude towards age in a relationship. Ultimately the guy is either horribly insecure about who he hooks up with or wants a social dynamic that is skewed entirely in his favour (it's this one), even illegally so.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he's a dumb contrarian chud

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

DMV is totally fine in my state, filled out a form online to renew my license, then went in and waited like 15 minutes for my number to be called while I sat on my phone, 15 minutes later I'm out the door. I must live in a competent state.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

when government services are inefficient, you reduce funding to them. bing bong

kru
Oct 5, 2003

ben shapino posted:

he's a dumb contrarian chud

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I spent 15 - 20 mins at mine, but I took time off work to be there mid morning.

I wait over that for a random Doctor when I use my free healthcare and don't make an appointment.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Found in another thread:

It can pull near infinite mass is the case of near infinitely small friction, duh.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

kazil posted:

No one buying a cybertruck is doing it for the towing power lol

that marketing blurb is there solely for the people who are spec-heads for anything they buy. You know exactly the type of person; the person who has the latest and greatest phone and cameras, but hasn't actually taken a photo with any of their cameras in 8 months.

Check in with them in 2 weeks and they'll tell you all about how they're waiting for the newest latest greatest camera coming out in 2 months theres no point in shooting any photos right now because that new camera coming out is going to be 1.4% better.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

FoolyCharged posted:

I've actually had great experiences with the dmv. Maybe these losers should have gotten one of the many, many careers that don't work a standard 9-5 if they didn't want to sit in line at the dmv forever with a bunch of other people that can only use it in a shared, tiny window.

Nah, better just sit there and make boomer jokes about how terrible the dmv is the four times in their life they went.

Yeah, same, in multiple locations in MN and MI. They've always been nice and helpful, even that time I had to retitle a salvage vehicle and my paperwork was a mess. DMV complaints are the welfare queens myth but for government workers.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Every single time I've gone, they have two of the 8 teller spots manned, and have at least 15 people waiting, I assume it's like that all day long.

Substitute checkout for teller and this describes every Target I've been to in the last 3 years.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Waiting in line for a few minutes and showing your ID is tyrannical government overreach

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine kissing him sexually, or even normally, or even just a greeting cheek kiss.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Noxville posted:

It can pull near infinite mass is the case of near infinitely small friction, duh.

Hell, I can pull a near infinite mass if I had infinite pulleys

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

kdrudy posted:

DMV is totally fine in my state, filled out a form online to renew my license, then went in and waited like 15 minutes for my number to be called while I sat on my phone, 15 minutes later I'm out the door. I must live in a competent state.

That reminds me, I'm in NY and when I moved back here from NJ in 2008, NJ to NY they do a thing where if your license is in good standing you can provide a birth certificate+some other stuff and just exchange them without having to do all the paper work. It ended up being a little more convoluted than I just described and the wait time was long but hey it worked.

When it was time to renew they've been letting me do it completely online for increments of several years, and have let me do that since. The system is pretty cool, the only thing you have to submit to them online is the info for whoever examined your eyes most recently. So I'm good until 2029.

Anyway it's interesting because I forget from when I renewed it last, but I think in 2029 I'll be past an age cut off they mentioned where you do have to go in in person so I'm sort of curious to see if the DMV is the same stereotypical thing here it had been for me ages ago. The amount of time they let me renew it for online has always been long enough that the rules for it have been a little different each time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elder Postsman posted:

Yeah, same, in multiple locations in MN and MI. They've always been nice and helpful, even that time I had to retitle a salvage vehicle and my paperwork was a mess. DMV complaints are the welfare queens myth but for government workers.

It's all part of the narrative that says "if you get a government job you're set for life, they can't fire you even if you do no work. So everyone just slacks off and nothing gets done and all our taxes go to pay their fat salaries for their whole lives"

The theory being that government is uniquely pernicious in creating this atmosphere and private industry would make everything hum along better because they have to make actual profits and will fire people for non-performance.

Never mind that government entities have performance metrics too and have to meet budget goals and like, everything operates by the same rules only you don't end up with a literal mafia running your city water supply or whatever

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Piss Creep posted:

Imagine kissing him sexually, or even normally, or even just a greeting cheek kiss.

Who? Elon or the DMV staffer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The DMV near me is fine, they have this weird quirk I’ve never seen anywhere else where they give you about 10 seconds to notice and start to come up otherwise you need to take a new number.