Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

musk is exactly the type of guy who was okay with the affordable care act but frothed at the mouth over obamacare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
musked again!
https://twitter.com/imbadatlife/status/1633815023813287939

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
so, shadowbanning then?

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

lol, musk truly has no concept that management skills and engineering skills are different

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Xakura posted:

lol, musk truly has no concept

correct

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Xakura posted:

lol, musk truly has no concept that management skills and engineering skills are different

he has no concept that skills are not the same thing as "ideas i had"

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hahahahahahahha

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Xakura posted:

classic silicon valley move to be honest

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/mims/status/1633888063431516160

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ben shapino posted:

Always hated that guy, glad he's banned

still here, nerd :madmax:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

reported for ban evasion

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

this is going to have the highest murder rate in the world

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

quiggy posted:

goonspeed :patriot:

graph posted:

in the pipe, 555 :patriot:

FlapYoJacks posted:

credit where credit is due. Good on you for honoring the toxx and paying your :10bux:

:patriot:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Cat Face Joe posted:

You're the worst, sorry.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

lol die mad

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

so texas looked at how well this went for florida when disney wanted to build the original EPCOT and was like hell yes all aboard the musktrain, toot toot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if florida can do it, so can we!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Beeftweeter posted:

this is going to have the highest murder rate in the world

jonestown was up there

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oh my god

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

oh my god

The best part. :allears:

https://twitter.com/imbadatlife/status/1633816115385171970

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Who will Musk be paying to rate tweets?

::crickets::

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Arsenic Lupin posted:

firetruck content permanently trending after he puts the tesla fsd team on it

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

I actually like this idea

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Arsenic Lupin posted:

elon tweets: full promotion

everyone else: shadowbanned

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

so texas looked at how well this went for florida when disney wanted to build the original EPCOT and was like hell yes all aboard the musktrain, toot toot

he's being run out of austin on zoning policies so he's gunning for a little barely incorporated fiefdom

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RokosCockatrice posted:

in it, voted 1488

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

theflyingexecutive posted:

he's being run out of austin on zoning policies so he's gunning for a little barely incorporated fiefdom

Is he? Please say more!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

musk's mulch, just past Austin

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Is he? Please say more!

they probably won't be able to completely evict him but he's meeting way more resistance than he expected and he already partially retreated to california

can't really say more

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

https://archive.is/wP94j#selection-287.0-305.107

quote:

Elon Musk is planning to build his own town on part of thousands of acres of newly purchased pasture and farmland outside the Texas capital, according to deeds and other land records and people familiar with the project.

In meetings with landowners and real-estate agents, Mr. Musk and employees of his companies have described his vision as a sort of Texas utopia along the Colorado River, where his employees could live and work.

Executives at the Boring Co., Mr. Musk’s tunnel operation, have discussed and researched incorporating the town in Bastrop County, about 35 miles from Austin, which would allow Mr. Musk to set some regulations in his own municipality and expedite his plans, according to people familiar with Mr. Musk’s projects.

They say Mr. Musk and his top executives want his Austin-area employees, including workers at Boring, electric-car maker Tesla Inc. and space and exploration company SpaceX, to be able to live in new homes with below-market rents.

Mr. Musk, his former girlfriend, who is the singer Grimes, Kanye West and Mr. West’s architectural designer discussed several times last year what a Musk town might look like,

Over the past three years, entities tied to Mr. Musk’s companies or executives have purchased at least 3,500 acres in the Austin area,

The planned town would sit in Bastrop County. An entity called Gapped Bass LLC, of which state records show Boring’s Mr. Davis serving as president, now owns more than 200 acres there, all purchased within the past two years. SpaceX has purchased about 60 more acres.

Gapped Bass has filed paperwork with Bastrop County to build 110 more homes in the planned town, which it calls “Project Amazing.”

Boring plans to convert a home on the property into a Montessori school for as many as 15 students,

Recently, Boring applied to state environmental authorities to discharge up to 140,000 gallons of industrial wastewater a day into the river.

lmfao project amazing

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 9, 2023

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

“It’s a little bit like the character in the cartoon who runs off the cliff but doesn’t fall straight away,” says Daisley. “Initially a lot of commentators were willing to say that the Twitter business was full of slackers, Elon had fired 75 per cent of the employees and it was still running. Well now Wile E. Coyote has looked down and realised gravity does apply to him, too.”

lol

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

RokosCockatrice posted:

maybe there's more to it* but it sounds like a repackaging of twitter's previous policy

* there's less

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Xakura posted:

also, nothing boosts morale like creating an environment where managers are afraid they might be fired and replaced if they say anything nice about employees

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

whenever I have a Very Serious idea for a massive engineering and urban design project that will Definitely Happen, i know exactly the crack team of consultants to assemble: my ex-girlfriend, who has never once read an entire book in her life and who is only alive because her riverboat motor died three miles into a five-mile trip over a dam; a disgraced rapper who absolutely will not shut up about how much he loves Hitler; and a bunch of conmen running the Simpsons monorail scam, but underground

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I hope that he applies this across the rest of the company and makes whichever account does mental math the fastest the CFO.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i did an irl lmao at this one, holy poo poo

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

This is the same guy trying to put people on mars :lmao:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i was thinking of trying to fake-start a company dedicated to using "ai" to obviate the jobs of middle managers but now elon is ruining my performance art idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
did he create an llc with a joke name that's a modified from gaped rear end?