Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

It's been one hell of a first season here. I've been trying to figure out that chill loop mentality of just trying to get out of the loop and if not, try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Not bad for my first season.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mr Hootington posted:

Good job and thanks. I didn't know about this thing.

The difference between a PS5 and a Nintendo Switch:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I don't know why it picked Gwen as my skin. I've literally never used her :shrug:

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
It's the default I think.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
This was my first full season. I don't mind this game.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
oh neat!

i can't stand to hide in games and i'm not very good at shooting so every one of these average of twelve minutes is spent desperately running, driving, jumping, or diving away as bullets ping all around me. unless i luck out with the few really good perks, then i'm sliding past a person with the ice boost, jumping into the air with the anti-gravity jump, then emptying my revolver into them as they try to find me. works 60% of the time but is awesome 100%

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Pretty decent for my first ever season playing the game.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I've always used Tracker.gg for this sort of thing, its cool fortnite itself gives you these stats too.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So is/was there like a event for the end of the season?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Caidin posted:

So is/was there like a event for the end of the season?

Season is still going for 24 hours, but not really. Just the gate coming alive, breaking, and the new rift opening over the last weekish.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

16 hours to get lvl150 isn't bad. I ended up playing just 2-3 hours a week, real casual. Just made sure to do all the quests.

Most of that time was spent in Team Rumble because they had originally changed the weekly quests to expire at the end of the week so I just did them in TR because it was a lot faster than trying it in the zero build mode.

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!
I had to blank my name as my epic account is so old its my actual real name. Totally tanked my wins and kda the past week just fishing and running outside the ring to finish like dozens of quests as fast as possible.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
You can change your epic name. I don’t remember exactly how but you can do it on the website I think.

These stats screens are showing us that none of us are pros. No flossing. No braless sandwiches.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

First look at one of the new POI. There are 4 known new POIs.

The new special anime skin looks pretty good.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 9, 2023

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Coasting on the back of my much more skilled friends ftw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Epic dropped a small trailer for next season.
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1633847626805424128?t=TopkjNTmHSPDcrCdzmS6TA&s=19

If I had to guess from the video this poi goes where anvil is

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Can't wait to demolish those buildings with my bulldozer taxicab

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Hobo Clown posted:

Can't wait to demolish those buildings with my bulldozer taxicab

Can't wait to drive around with my pickup truck full of gas cans. :piss:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I can’t wait to build a staircase really fast

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Overbite posted:

I can’t wait to build a staircase really fast

:patriot:
We remember the little kids who waste streamers time and own their audiences.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
playing save the world and i'm struck by the diversity of guns that just aren't in the battle royale. i got a hot coco mug that shoots marshmallows, neon tube sniper lasers that see through walls, spike guns and such. i wonder why they're not brought over to the br

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Did they ever say why they made a big announcement that the season end date was changed to March 8th when that wasn't the case?

Edit: also have they said whether or not we're keeping our gold?

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 9, 2023

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Iirc you keep your gold between seasons unless it is the start of a new chapter. I could be wrong .

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

Did they ever say why they made a big announcement that the season end date was changed to March 8th when that wasn't the case?

Edit: also have they said whether or not we're keeping our gold?

They changed it to the "8th of March being the last full day of the season". The game is going down the 10th at 2AM Eastern but it will still be the 9th in some locations.

Nobody knows about the gold or anything else until after the update. You should keep the current total if the feature isn't removed.

Edit: epic has now set up a time for the chapter 4 season 2 trailer premiere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goCoXdp7k2E

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 9, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Mr Hootington posted:

They changed it to the "8th of March being the last full day of the season". The game is going down the 10th at 2AM Eastern but it will still be the 9th in some locations.

Thanks. That's a weird way for them to word it but I guess it's technically correct.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i go through all my gold rerolling perks

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

InsertPotPun posted:

playing save the world and i'm struck by the diversity of guns that just aren't in the battle royale. i got a hot coco mug that shoots marshmallows, neon tube sniper lasers that see through walls, spike guns and such. i wonder why they're not brought over to the br

Just a balance thing.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

InsertPotPun posted:

i go through all my gold rerolling perks

Same. I played my son's acct a little just to get him the Witcher and some other cosmetics he hadn't gotten, and felt bad spending his gold (even the gold I earned playing), so he was maxed out the next time he logged on. While I'm constantly under 1k.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

am I right to be offended when someone spray paints me are they using it like air freshener ARE THEY SAYING MY OUTFIT STINKS?!

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

This is neat didnt know it was a thing. Happy with those stats but I pretty much only play squads and trios, I'm on pc and my friends are on console so probably helps bump my K/D up playing against a lot of controller players.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just Chamber posted:

This is neat didnt know it was a thing. Happy with those stats but I pretty much only play squads and trios, I'm on pc and my friends are on console so probably helps bump my K/D up playing against a lot of controller players.

:eyepop::captainpop::chanpop::trumppop::bernpop:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just Chamber posted:

The controller auto-aim is really strong. Its ok to admit you're good at the game

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Just Chamber posted:

nice.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1633935773241073664?t=rYhgmiylt4JJpLilmm5DLw&s=19

another new POI. 5 total now i believe

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

imagine if we get an entire biome that's just cyberpunk :kiddo:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Trailer dropped.
https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1634027415918854144?t=pJVmax0n1_q1a1_wis3PbQ&s=19

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The only anime I've ever really started watching is Attack on Titan. This looks legit awesome. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mix. posted:

imagine if we get an entire biome that's just cyberpunk :kiddo:

IMAGINE IF WE GET AN ENTIRE BIOME THATS JUST CYBERPUNK :supaburn:

(god i cant wait for tomorrow)