Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Toxic Mental posted:

• Many Ukrainians state that they do not like or want my colonialism

From a few pages ago but new thread title please lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

weg posted:

From a few pages ago but new thread title please lol

Seconded.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Prob not allowed one...yet

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

We're allowed one and at the risk of being tacky and making my own joke the thread title I'll do it, for I am a man of the people

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1633187365299662848
A thread detailing what appears to be the utter collapse of Russian military logistics. Not even Good Soldier Svejk could have anticipated a performance this pathetic, apparently many poor mobiks are being labeled deserters because they can hardly find the units they're being appointed to.

The Russian campaign strategy of using spray paint to mark their friendly vehicles with a giant white Z from the onset of the invasion says a lot about the degree of sophistication we're witnessing; if that's the best friend-or-foe identification system they could come up with for use in a massive invasion of their own planning, even before sanctions limited their ability to manufacture or import basic military technology, they must be working with crayons in the war room.

GRECOROMANGRABASS fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 9, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

We're allowed one and at the risk of being tacky and making my own joke the thread title I'll do it, for I am a man of the people

Democracy in action

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Decrepus posted:

That story gets more embellished every time it gets posted here :laffo:

I think it was because of that episode where War Nerd Radio was on Chapo.

If I remember right, Van Riper also gave himself invincible helicopters and insisted he could coordinate everything with complete radio silence.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Here's a cool site that lets you check if a Western company is still doing business within Russia 8)

https://leave-russia.org/staying-companies?flt%5B147%5D%5Beq%5D%5B%5D=9057

Russia is also preparing a large scale provocation on the Ukrainian-Belarusian border, according to Ukraine's Main Intelligence Directorate:

https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/intelligence-russia-preparing-large-scale-provocation-on-ukrainian-belarusian-border

Kyiv Independent posted:

Russia is planning a "large-scale provocation" on Belarus' border with Ukraine "in the near future," potentially involving destruction of infrastructure facilities and victims among civilians, Ukrainian Defense Ministry's Main Intelligence Directorate reported on March 9.

"Several groups of Russians" will arrive in Belarus to conduct alleged provocation, which reportedly aims to form a negative public opinion about Ukraine among Belarusians and ensure Minsk's full participation in Russia's war against the country.

Ukraine's military intelligence wrote that the prominent Kremlin propagandist Vladimir Solovyov should also come to Belarus to cover the possible provocation.

According to Moscow's plan, Russian state-controlled media would be broadcasting live from the event site on March 11.

The intelligence directorate emphasized that "Ukraine does not conduct any combat operations on the territory of Belarus."

Although Belarus has not officially declared war on Ukraine, Russian forces have been given access to Belarusian territory to launch attacks on Ukraine, including the failed assault on Kyiv in February 2022.

It's also my birthday :toot:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
So, Hungarian living in Czech Republic You tuber Adam Something made an interesting post in his community page on Youtube regarding the risk of nuclear war and how the far left and right both use it as a fear mongering tool to get people to go pro-Russian in the war:

quote:

Let's talk about Ukraine and nuclear war.

Regarding the Russian invasion of Ukraine, a fascinating new (old) line is: if Ukraine loses, there will be peace. If Russia loses , there will be nuclear war. Therefore we should support Russia.

This view has also been expressed recently by the Hungarian chief of Military and Law Enforcement Committee, who also happens to be the deputy president of the far-right Hungarian ruling party.

Interestingly enough, many on the far-left are in perfect alignment on this issue with the far-right. Their reasons generally differ, though there is a definite overlap.

The far-right supports Russia because Russia itself is a far-right, authoritarian regime. Far-right groups around the world tend to show remarkable willingness for international cooperation with each other.
The West is "woke", i.e. degenerate for having women's and LGBT rights. Russia is ultraconservative. Therefore, they want Russia to win.

The far-left supports Russia due to "American Diabolism". This means the US in their view is such an overwhelming, axiomatic evil, that every deed against them automatically becomes good / moral.
The US is the Ultimate Capitalistic Evil. Russia isn't the US. Therefore, they want Russia to win.

There is of course the aforementioned overlap between these groups, namely "tankies". They got their name from their support of Soviets rolling tanks into countries wanting to become independent. These are the "red fascists", i.e. the Stalinists, the "Marxist-Leninists" and the like. This group is made up of 5% East German pensioners, and 95% terminally online Western young adults.

These groups might be different in many ways, but there is one big commonality: they use the risk of nuclear war as a disingenuous fearmongering tool, to try to stop support for Ukraine, in order to achieve their own political goals.

Therefore, I wanted to talk briefly about the risk of nuclear war over Ukraine, and why it's not happening.

First off, notice how both groups treat Russia like some force of nature without any agency. They treat the threat of Russia launching nukes as an automatic consequence rather than a choice the Russian elite has to consciously make. As far as I can see, there are two main sources for this:

1) internalized American exceptionalism
When you believe, consciously or not, that America is exceptional, superior, and is generally above other, "lesser" nations, you'll view other countries as mere pawns on a chessboard. Kyle Kulinski is a good example: right before the Russian invasion, he advocated for turning Eastern European countries into "buffer states". This isn't much different from the "superior" British in their benevolence deciding what's best for their primitive colonial subjects, because they "obviously" cannot be trusted to make decisions on their own.

2) plain concern trolling
Grifters and propagandists deliberately shift the discussion away from Russian agency, to put the onus on the West / US. The easiest way to end the war in Ukraine is for Russia to withdraw. As soon as they did, the war would be over. However, these people never seem to mention this. It's always a laundry list of what the West and Ukraine should do to end the war, otherwise we'll have...

Nuclear war.

The thing is, we won't. Not if Ukraine wins. Russia regularly performed nuclear saber-rattling precisely to scare the Western public, thus try to reduce weapons shipments to Ukraine. It didn't work, plus China and India both told Putin to stop, which he did. This indicates the "seriousness" of his threats.

If Russia was serious about its nuclear threats, how come they haven't dropped, say, a smaller, tactical nuke on the battlefield somewhere as a demonstration? If they're willing to wage nuclear war over Ukraine, surely they would be willing to drop a small, tactical nuke as a warning. But they didn't, because they never planned on nuclear war in the first place.

Russia can't just start a nuclear war by Putin accidentally elbowing a big red button. The Russian nuclear forces would be assuming a very clearly visible offensive posture first. Then, the order of a nuclear strike has to go through a whole chain of command.

But even if Putin orders nuclear war, what then? He dies, along with the entire Russian leadership (and much of the Russian population). The Red Button is essentially a Suicide Button.

Would Putin commit suicide as revenge for losing Ukraine? Putin is ideologically driven to some extent, meaning he believes much of what he says, but he and the Russian elite is far more interested in money, power and Western luxuries. Russia is a mafia state, run by self-centered oligarchs. And self-centered oligarchs don't particularly like dying in a nuclear inferno, as that makes it harder to enjoy their yachts and 30-room chateaus (funded by Russian taxpayers).

In short, no, Putin will not press the Big Red Button over Ukraine.

Paradoxically, a scenario where Ukraine loses would pose a bigger nuclear threat. Once it becomes clear that larger neighbors can get away with territorial conquest and nuclear saber rattling in the 21st century, you'd see regional wars break out all over the place. China would make a move on Taiwan, India and Pakistan would go at each other, and so on. Many potential participants in such regional wars are also nuclear powers. With Ukraine losing and the new precedent set, all over the planet we'd be seeing nukes fly in short order.

Therefore, if we really want to avoid war, conventional or nuclear, we should make sure Ukraine wins this, and takes back as much territory as it can. The coming spring/summer offensive will decide a lot: if Ukraine is successful in liberating the south, they'll have a very good chance for the liberation of Crimea. If Russians stop the Ukrainian offensive, we might just end up with a settlement. At any rate, we shall see.

https://www.youtube.com/@AdamSomething/community

Its a bit long but well worth it in my opinion!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Pennsylvanian posted:

I think it was because of that episode where War Nerd Radio was on Chapo.

If I remember right, Van Riper also gave himself invincible helicopters and insisted he could coordinate everything with complete radio silence.

Cool for him to share his strategic genius with Russian high command

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

HonorableTB posted:

Here's a cool site that lets you check if a Western company is still doing business within Russia 8)

https://leave-russia.org/staying-companies?flt%5B147%5D%5Beq%5D%5B%5D=9057

Russia is also preparing a large scale provocation on the Ukrainian-Belarusian border, according to Ukraine's Main Intelligence Directorate:

https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/intelligence-russia-preparing-large-scale-provocation-on-ukrainian-belarusian-border

Happy large scale provocation birthday! :toot:

Gejnor posted:

So, Hungarian living in Czech Republic You tuber Adam Something made an interesting post in his community page on Youtube regarding the risk of nuclear war and how the far left and right both use it as a fear mongering tool to get people to go pro-Russian in the war:

https://www.youtube.com/@AdamSomething/community

Its a bit long but well worth it in my opinion!

Strange you should mention nuclear war, because it appears someone hacked Russian broadcasting services in several regions today and made a red alert about a nuclear strike on Moscow.
https://twitter.com/censor_net/status/1633823119726235652

@fatherboxx have you heard anything about htis?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Toxic Mental posted:

If it makes you feel better, if you didn't do it, I would have.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1633778112637878272

Weird how that keeps happening. Again, again, again and again.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

the Ghost of Kyiv! :ghost:

Excellent post

naem
May 29, 2011

e: beaten sorry, worth posting

naem fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 9, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Erdogan is still being a dipshit:

https://www.politico.eu/article/turkey-block-nato-accession-sweden-finland-erdogan-ukraine-war/

loving Erdogan posted:

BRUSSELS — Ankara showed no signs of lifting its blockade on Stockholm and Helsinki’s NATO accession in a meeting on Thursday.

Representatives from the three countries came together for the first time since November as alliance officials sought Turkey’s sign-off.

Sweden cast the meeting as a step forward — regardless of lacking concrete results.

“The most important thing today is that we have gathered,” Sweden’s negotiator Oscar Stenström told reporters at NATO headquarters in Brussels following the talks. The sides, he said, “have agreed to further meetings.”

While 28 out of NATO’s 30 allies were quick to approve Sweden and Finland joining the alliance, the parliaments of Turkey and Hungary have yet to ratify their membership bids.

Ankara, Stockholm and Helsinki signed a memorandum outlining steps the sides would take to address Turkish concerns on arms exports and terrorism at the alliance’s summit in Madrid last summer, when NATO leaders decided to invite Sweden and Finland to join.

But despite policy changes in Finland and Sweden, for example bills designed to prevent participation in terrorist organizations, Ankara has continued to block membership and to raise objections — especially against Sweden.

Tensions deepened in particular after a Danish far-right politician burned a copy of the Quran in Stockholm near the Turkish embassy in January.

And while it is unclear exactly what Turkey seeks with its continued block, there is speculation within the alliance that the drawn-out process is in part due to President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s domestic political considerations — as well as an effort to gain leverage in Ankara’s relationship with Washington.

Stenström, the Swedish negotiator, said that Turkey recognizes how Sweden and Finland have “taken concrete steps,” characterizing this as “a good sign.”

Now, there is growing speculation over whether Finland might end up joining NATO before Sweden.

For NATO allies, a key aim is to get Turkish and Hungarian approval for both countries before the next summit of alliance leaders, scheduled for July in Vilnius.

A delay beyond the annual gathering, officials worry, could be embarrassing for the alliance.

Asked if it is realistic for Sweden to join NATO before the summit, Stenström declined to commit on a timeline.

“My goal as the chief negotiator is as soon as possible, of course; but I cannot promise a date,” he said, adding: “We are focused on the delivery to fulfill the memorandum.”

Helsinki and Stockholm have already received security guarantees from numerous NATO allies, minimizing risks to their security. But a delay would nonetheless complicate the alliance’s planning processes and could impact its political credibility.

There is, however, hope within the alliance that Ankara could sign off after Turkey’s parliamentary and presidential elections — expected in May — but still before the Vilnius summit.

“It is now time for all allies to conclude the ratification process and welcome Finland and Sweden as full members of the alliance ahead of the upcoming NATO summit in Vilnius,” NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said on Thursday.

In a statement after the session, the NATO chief said that the sides “agreed that rapid ratifications for both Finland and Sweden would be in everyone’s interest” and “agreed to continue cooperation in this format and meet again before the Vilnius summit.”

Sweden’s leadership, meanwhile, has taken an optimistic tone on its prospects.

“We have fulfilled all of what we said that we were going to do,” Swedish Foreign Minister Tobias Billström told POLITICO on Thursday, pointing to a new anti-terror bill.

The minister emphasized how Stockholm and Helsinki would contribute to the alliance.

“We bring well-equipped and well-trained forces into NATO, and we will be adding to the security — and to the security of northern Europe — in a way which is unprecedented,” he said.

“It wasn’t an easy decision for Sweden to give up 200 years of being a non-military aligned state. The brutality of Russia’s onslaught in Ukraine was the reason why we did so,” he said.

“I think,” he concluded, “we have grounds for being hopeful.

Mobiks threaten to ace their commanders:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-soldiers-filmed-threatening-to-turn-weapons-on-commanders-in-ukraine

You can jail us all, we don't give a gently caress posted:

A group of Russian troops sent to Ukraine to fight for the Kremlin’s “new” territory is threatening to raise absolute hell over what they describe as pointless suicide missions—and they’ve made clear they’re willing to turn their weapons on members of their own team if necessary.

The draftees from Kaliningrad have already appealed directly to Russian President Vladimir Putin to complain of ancient weapons, lack of training, and people dying “for nothing.” In a video released publicly earlier this week, they shamed top military brass by saying there appears to be no battlefield strategy whatsoever and declaring that “this is no way to fight a war.”

Now, a video has leaked capturing the aftermath of their complaints. In a five-minute clip released by the independent outlet Ostorozhno, Novosti, the men can be seen surrounding a commander sent out from Kaliningrad and warning him they will put up a fight if they are not heard.

“You can jail us all! How many years is it, 5, 7, 10? We don’t give a gently caress!” one soldier yells after the commander tries but fails to convince them to obey orders and storm Ukrainian positions.

The troops say they were never meant to be part of assault teams but were instead assigned as members of territorial defenses. The Kremlin-backed proxy troops fighting in occupied Donetsk, they say, send them on suicide missions while they themselves “run away” or sit around away from the gunfire.

They shout that they’d rather go to jail than go on guaranteed-to-fail assault missions “for who knows what.”

“Did you see that puddle of blood here? That person was sent to storm [Ukrainian positions], so he pulled the trigger, because he knew where he was headed,” one soldier says. “Do you want suicides here?”

After the commander responds that they’ve presented a “weak” argument for not obeying orders, they warn that they will use force.

“No one is going on this storm. You can loving jail us all. And if someone tries to trick us and say we supposedly aren’t going there and then they throw us on the frontline, it will be a shitshow, it won’t be forgiven, we will just go head to head against them,” one soldier says.

“Honestly, we’re ready for that,” he says, asking the entire group: “Is everyone ready for that?”

“Yes, yes! Everyone!” the group responds in unison.

“We are so loving angry after the deaths of our friends… we’ll walk on foot, we’ll leave by taxi. Fight your loving self!” the apparent leader of the group says.

He goes on to tell the commander that several other soldiers had been “taken away,” apparently after also protesting conditions.

“They came at night. What is that? Is it 1939? NKVD? Black ravens?” he said, referring to the Soviet secret police rounding up “enemies” in night-time raids.

This latest uprising by draftees is just the most recent of many as the Russian war machine finds itself running out of men to use as cannon fodder. And in a particularly ironic twist, more and more of the same young Russian citizens that Putin claimed to be trying to protect from outside forces with his full-scale invasion are now being sacrificed for the sake of his conquest of Ukrainian land.

“Previously, the Donetsk and Luhansk draftees were used as expendable materials, but now it’s the Russians,” military analyst Kirill Mikhailov told iStories of the mounting conflict between Kremlin-backed troops in Ukraine’s occupied territories. “They cannot fight any other way. If the approach doesn’t fundamentally change, which I doubt, then Russian draftees will keep dying this way.”

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
People are expecting bakhmut to be abandoned any day now for the past month, but if the commander of the ground forces is visiting there, looks like it's still possible to go in and leave without tipping off the enemy so they kill you

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1633595883685138432

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

HonorableTB posted:

Erdogan is still being a dipshit:

On the plus side, a coalition of 6 opposition parties came together to announce their unity candidate to run against him in the presidential election, and said candidate is currently polling at 55% vs Erdoğan's 45, so hopefully that turd can finally get flushed soon

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The Smoking Hero may have been misidentified:
https://www.kyivpost.com/post/14054

Kyiv Post posted:

Mother Identifies Ukrainian POW Executed in Shocking Video as Different Man to Previously Reported

Contrary to a previous ID, one woman believes it is her son, Olexander Matsievsky, in the video. His body had already been returned to the family, but how he died was unknown.

A Ukrainian mother has identified the POW killed in a shocking execution video as her son, Olexander Matsievsky.

In an interview with Suspilne media, Paraska Demchuk confirmed that his body had already been returned to the family and buried in his native Nizhyn, in the Chernihiv region. The circumstances of his death, however, had been a mystery until earlier this week.

A horrific video showing his execution went viral on March 6. In it, the POW whom Demchuk believes to be her son is shown smoking a cigarette before being mown down by automatic gunfire after saying the words “Slava Ukraini” (Glory to Ukraine).

The video spread quickly across social media, becoming the latest symbol of Ukrainian resistance to Russian aggression.

“I even felt a sort of lightness when I saw how my son died,” Demchuk said. “It’s very hard, but it’s true, I saw it. That was his character steady unbreakable.”

Before the Russian invasion, Matsievsky worked as an electrician in Kyiv. When the full-scale invasion started, he volunteered for the territorial defense of Nizhyn, in the Chernihiv region.

The Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine has stressed however that the soldier's identity has yet to be offcially confirmed.

Speaking to Kyiv Post, Andriy Yermak said: "The name of the killed soldier has not been officially established.

"An examination is being conducted. The SBU or the Prosecutor General’s Office will confirm the name."

But identification of Olexander was supported by the commander of the unit in which he served, who told Suspline media: “I have no doubt it was Olexander… he was captured by the Russian military. Given that he’s standing in a pit with no weapons, they must have forced him to dig his own grave. They gave him a last cigarette.”

According to the Territorial Defense Forces “North” of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, on December 30, 2022, Matsievsky and his four comrades were engaged in battle with superior Russian forces near Soledar in the Donetsk Region.

Speaking exclusively to Kyiv Post, the soldier confirmed that a recent statement from Wagner Chief Yevgeny Prigozhin about capturing the eastern part of the city was true.

Communication with them was lost, and reinforcements could not come because of the intense fire. Further details of this battle are unknown, particularly how exactly Matsievsky was captured. His colleagues were either killed or went missing.

There has been some confusion over the identity of the POW – the Armed Forces of Ukraine earlier said the video likely showed Timofey Shadura, a soldier of the 30th Separate mechanized Brigade who went missing on Feb. 3, 2023.

While tentatively supporting Paraska Demchuk’s identification of her son, the Regional Management of the Territorial Defense Forces “North” stressed that it did not constitute a final ID, saying: “The information published earlier on the page of the regional administration regarding the execution of the Ukrainian defender after the words ‘Glory to Ukraine’ is not the final identification of the person of Olexander Matsievsky.”

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

On the plus side, a coalition of 6 opposition parties came together to announce their unity candidate to run against him in the presidential election, and said candidate is currently polling at 55% vs Erdoğan's 45, so hopefully that turd can finally get flushed soon

Let me tell you about my good friends ''Rigged Elections'', ''Political Crimes'' and ''Financial Fraud''.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Strange you should mention nuclear war, because it appears someone hacked Russian broadcasting services in several regions today and made a red alert about a nuclear strike on Moscow.
https://twitter.com/censor_net/status/1633823119726235652

@fatherboxx have you heard anything about htis?

No, and it figures that censor net is full of poo poo, its a rag

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Butterfly Valley posted:

:speculate:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

Mobiks threaten to ace their commanders:

i support this movement

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

HonorableTB posted:

Mine as well, happy birthday friend.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/InnaSovsun/status/1633060444670767105?s=20

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wow talk about some serious Nazis :jerkbag:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

solovyov, probably: "SEE, THEY REALLY ARE HOMONAZIS"

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Butterfly Valley posted:

After so many years in power, 50% inflation and removing building regulations that lead to 50k dead from an earthquake, he's polling at 45%?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Somaen posted:

After so many years in power, 50% inflation and removing building regulations that lead to 50k dead from an earthquake, he's polling at 45%?
The money skimmed from the lovely construction went somewhere

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Somaen posted:

This is what happens when you allow rural voters to field candidates that reflect what they actually want

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Strategic Tea posted:

what they actually want

Everyone to die? Gah dayum

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

HonorableTB posted:

The Smoking Hero may have been misidentified:
https://www.kyivpost.com/post/14054

"A Ukrainian mother has identified the POW killed in a shocking execution video as her son, Olexander Matsievsky."

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Is Donald Trump really fighting on the front lines with Wagner? Why is the US wasting money on secret service agents protecting him? Where did his sudden surge of Russian pride and bravery come from?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Toxic Mental posted:

Everyone to die? Gah dayum

Only the Kurds.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Somaen posted:

People are expecting bakhmut to be abandoned any day now for the past month, but if the commander of the ground forces is visiting there, looks like it's still possible to go in and leave without tipping off the enemy so they kill you

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1633595883685138432

I've seen a few videos talking about how holding on there has caused Wagner to get extremely overextended in the north putting them in danger of getting completely cut off if Ukraine counterattacks north of Bakhmut. I feel like Ukraine is going to continue to hold and slowly fall back knowing that as Wagner extends their lines there it further hurts their ability to defend up north

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

This is what happens when you allow rural voters to field candidates that reflect what they actually want

What is it with rural less-educated people and their obsession over billionaire strong men (who gladly grift their base)?

I had to roll my eyes at the Russian excuse for their latest missile attack, because the border incursion totally happened. :rolleyes:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

DiomedesGodshill posted:

What is it with rural less-educated people and their obsession over billionaire strong men (who gladly grift their base)?

You've never heard of "temporarily embarrassed millionaires"? Not any more complicated than that.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/EvaTrmx86qc7r/status/1633935080203735043?s=20

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DiomedesGodshill posted:

I had to roll my eyes at the Russian excuse for their latest missile attack, because the border incursion totally happened. :rolleyes:
Many of the key individuals in America have ready money from land ownership or dealerships or whatever but feel Disrespected. Dunno the dynamics in Turkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Be warned! This set off a stampede of puns in GiP, and there was almost nobody left to take stock of who was left, and who was sent off to greener pastures.