Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

they later comment in surprise that one of the things they had thrown wasn't a break-away. I'm guessing Lou picked up the guitar to look for a clue, realized that it didn't feel like or weigh as much as a real electric guitar, and decided to kill two birds with one stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Normally I don’t watch adventuring academy, but this week’s with NFL fullback Johnny Stanton is really really good.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

MikeJF posted:

We've seen enough stuff in there that I imagine it's not uncommon for film stuff and crews to be there for behind the scenes content.

They also already had one episode this season where the cast realized something was up when they got microphones way earlier than normal.

I would assume they told them it was for behind the scenes or as Sam was pretending at the start that it was some huge thing with the downstairs set, and they'd need them ready to go earlier than normal.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

seaborgium posted:

They also already had one episode this season where the cast realized something was up when they got microphones way earlier than normal.

Um...actually, Brennan and Katie realized that there was something fishy with the crew's explanation that they were attaching "range extenders" to their microphones because, as Brennan explained, the "range extenders" didn't even connect to the microphones or audio packs they were wearing in any way. Carolyn fully accepted the explanation they were "range extenders" though. Brennan is definitely always analyzing everything happening around Sam at this point.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

tsob posted:

Um...actually, Brennan and Katie realized that there was something fishy with the crew's explanation that they were attaching "range extenders" to their microphones because, as Brennan explained, the "range extenders" didn't even connect to the microphones or audio packs they were wearing in any way. Carolyn fully accepted the explanation they were "range extenders" though. Brennan is definitely always analyzing everything happening around Sam at this point.

Saltzman from off-camera sighs: "Kinda?"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaz-L posted:

Saltzman from off-camera sighs: "Kinda?"

I love that at this point basically everyone in Dropout is just trying to gently caress with Brennan. Sam is designing games to mess with him on Game Changer, Trapp just wants someone to defeat him in Um...Actually, Saltzman is creating questions for the Um...Actually episodes in the hopes they're too esoteric for Brennan, Emily, Ally and others delight in foiling his carefully laid plans during Dimension 20 etc. They love him, but they love to needle him too.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I loved the lore with regards to Pinocchio's horrible, horrible body in this week's Neverafter.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Brennan as a horse experiencing a mental breakdown is Very Good

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Xand_Man posted:

Brennan as a horse experiencing a mental breakdown is Very Good

Someone photoshop in a bag of almonds.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Also I kind of like (I think it was Emily?) assuming that the princesses and such were going to have cute art.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/samreich/status/1635309812132241411?t=dL5KtCIDuz-KrtQxZAbUUA&s=19

The clues have been here the whole time!

(Seriously I cannot wait for the bts)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

bunnyofdoom posted:

https://twitter.com/samreich/status/1635309812132241411?t=dL5KtCIDuz-KrtQxZAbUUA&s=19

The clues have been here the whole time!

(Seriously I cannot wait for the bts)

Good news, it's been there the whole time.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

boxen posted:

Does it look like the bit with the posters was necessary or just a distraction? They moved to the next step but could they have found it without doing the posters? The subtitles said there was an unlock noise but I don't know if that was added in post.

The BTS answered this at least, the poster step was necessary, but the contestants didn't hear the unlock noise so Sam had to guide them a bit.

I would have loved a MUCH longer BTS episode.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I still want to know how he got in the bathroom!

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Kloaked00 posted:

I still want to know how he got in the bathroom!

From the discord it was a fairly boring answer, the crew said they had some audio issues and pulled the cast aside while sam snuck in.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The best bit of the behind the scenes episode was finding out that Lou nearly disrupted the entire game without realizing it by loving around pre-show, and the crew had to scramble around to reset the television without any of the guests realizing it.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
https://twitter.com/samreich/status/1635787044202106880

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So now Brennan spends his free time doing pushups while studying bird facts and nervously watching every door? The villain of the next season of Dimension 20 is just going to be a Sam Reich pastiche, isn't it?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

tsob posted:

So now Brennan spends his free time doing pushups while studying bird facts and nervously watching every door? The villain of the next season of Dimension 20 is just going to be a Sam Reich pastiche, isn't it?

It would be a hell of a moment to have the party find a supposedly abandoned hide out, only for a trap to be sprung and Brennan does his best Sam impression:

"I've been here... the whole time!"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaz-L posted:

It would be a hell of a moment to have the party find a supposedly abandoned hide out, only for a trap to be sprung and Brennan does his best Sam impression:

"I've been here... the whole time!"

Now I kind of want Sam to be a guest on the next season of Dimension 20 and for Brennan to play Evil Sam or Sam's ancestor Samuel Dalton; including pulling out the top hat and monocle any time he's in character.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

You *know* they're going to turn the tables on Sam at some point and have him play the game. You can't keep poking the bear like this and not expect to get the horns.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I would definitely be down for an episode of Game Changer where the entire cast of Dropout are watching from the green room and taunting as Sam suddenly finds himself in Brennan's game; especially if Sam thinks he's starting a normal game with Brennan as a guest, and Brennan suddenly turns it around and the crew reveal he's worked it out with them beforehand.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

tsob posted:

I would definitely be down for an episode of Game Changer where the entire cast of Dropout are watching from the green room and taunting as Sam suddenly finds himself in Brennan's game; especially if Sam thinks he's starting a normal game with Brennan as a guest, and Brennan suddenly turns it around and the crew reveal he's worked it out with them beforehand.

I would prefer a Brooklyn 99 style double twist. Brennan is allowed to design the game to get back at Sam. Production tells everything to Sam and Sam creates a counter plan to still defeat Brennan.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sam should just be on Dimension 20 more in general, he was excellent in Mice Murder.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I would prefer a Brooklyn 99 style double twist. Brennan is allowed to design the game to get back at Sam. Production tells everything to Sam and Sam creates a counter plan to still defeat Brennan.

So they end up engaging in a game of "Whose Twist is it Anyway?"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

tsob posted:

Now I kind of want Sam to be a guest on the next season of Dimension 20 and for Brennan to play Evil Sam or Sam's ancestor Samuel Dalton; including pulling out the top hat and monocle any time he's in character.

I'm dying for another season of mice and murder

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

double nine posted:

I'm dying for another season of mice and murder

Was it good? I watched the first episode or two and couldn't get into it for some reason. I've been thinking about giving it another shot since Neverafter is wrapping up soon and I need my fix.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I liked Of Mice And Murder, but the ending shits the bed.

You'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Mice and Murder has probably my favorite Nat 20 out of any series they've done.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I feel like this week's D20 is the closest they've come to an ideal outcome from a fight so far. They achieved nearly every possible goal short of like convincing Jack that he really was Mother Goose's son. They freed the Golden Goose, they got both the golden egg and the harp and even achieved hidden poo poo like saving Tom Thumb and Thumbelina and Alphonse the Mule Prince.

Oh and I was stunned that they took a saw to the beautiful terrain in order to show Pinocchio's Animate Objects spell working.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I’ve never seen a d20 season that was done remotely (outside of the end of fantasy high season 2 and that really suffered even then). Are any of them good? It just seems like the face to face interactions are so crucial to making D20 work.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Aforementioned of mice and murder is among the best.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

NieR Occomata posted:

I’ve never seen a d20 season that was done remotely (outside of the end of fantasy high season 2 and that really suffered even then). Are any of them good? It just seems like the face to face interactions are so crucial to making D20 work.

I think going remote pushed them out of the 'fight one episode, talk the next' paradigm which I personally enjoyed. Mice and Murder does the most with this, but I liked some of the other remote seasons. It is a different vibe, so I get some people not liking it. But it's not bad, just different.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

the JJ posted:

I think going remote pushed them out of the 'fight one episode, talk the next' paradigm which I personally enjoyed. Mice and Murder does the most with this, but I liked some of the other remote seasons. It is a different vibe, so I get some people not liking it. But it's not bad, just different.

Somebody said it really needs that face to face interaction, and I'm in the same boat. The remote seasons were decent but just not the same for me.

I preferred the pirate ship season to Mice and Murder, but neither one is really my favorite.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Watch the zoom seasons, then you can watch the zoom adventuring parties

https://youtu.be/VwX3tq_0o-E

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I don't know if I can really recommend the Jake and Amir skits to folks, but I enjoyed so many of them despite the gag remaining the same.

Also Thomas Middleditch is inexplicably in them.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

NieR Occomata posted:

Unsleeping City season 2 is absolutely baller. Cody was sent from hell to kill Ricky in an extremely hilarious manner.

https://youtu.be/_d5tm6VgUVI

https://youtu.be/zg5cw-y0wF4

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 17, 2023

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
oh man. I watched Yes or No and Do I Hear $1? for the first time and I strongly recommend both of those S2 episodes to anyone who started watching Game Changer in the last couple of seasons.

I was absolutely in a Brennan mindset, coming up with hypotheses like that the yes/no question was "Is the way I'm asking this question art?" as the questions got increasingly elaborate and Brennan kept not scoring points.

I would drink toilet water for $400 and I would get through it by framing the audience as perverts

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Cheston posted:

I would drink toilet water for $400 and I would get through it by framing the audience as perverts

I have a grudge against Fear Factor because in my memory the show seemed to pay the least they could get away with for the side challenges. And when you find desperate people it ain't much.

Like I recall them having someone stick their hand into a container of stinging insects for like a $200 gift card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cheston posted:

oh man. I watched Yes or No and Do I Hear $1? for the first time and I strongly recommend both of those S2 episodes to anyone who started watching Game Changer in the last couple of seasons.

I was absolutely in a Brennan mindset, coming up with hypotheses like that the yes/no question was "Is the way I'm asking this question art?" as the questions got increasingly elaborate and Brennan kept not scoring points.

For the first, they did cheat it a bit in the edit. Brennan figured it out about halfway but Sam wouldn't let him answer.