Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I've been wanting to replay FF15 for a sec now, I played it on release but I never got around to any of the Episode stuff, how did that turn out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Stranger of Paradise is a beautiful combination of dumb as hell and really fun to play

i kept hearing people describe it as a soulslike but it’s really more like an arcadey Ninja Gaiden that happens to have a giant Dark Souls style ballista in one level

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You don't need to do it that much, tbh, it's more important to get Agility up with some shields. Evasion will save your rear end way more than raw HP, and whatever HP you need will get put into place by Abyss Worms at Jade Passage anyway.

The only way to increase Agility and Evasion is to have Evasion in the first place, so shields will do a lot for you in the long term. Armor defense can't keep up with enemy attack, so being nude to avoid agility penalties for all but the best light gear is the way to go.

The game is insane, I love it.

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
me and all my friends going out into the woods naked to beat the poo poo out of each other to increase our attack and aigility no homo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You don't need to do it that much, tbh, it's more important to get Agility up with some shields. Evasion will save your rear end way more than raw HP, and whatever HP you need will get put into place by Abyss Worms at Jade Passage anyway.

The only way to increase Agility and Evasion is to have Evasion in the first place, so shields will do a lot for you in the long term. Armor defense can't keep up with enemy attack, so being nude to avoid agility penalties for all but the best light gear is the way to go.

The game is insane, I love it.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
its like final fantasy 8 where the optimal way to play the game is to play triple triad and run from every random encounter so you dont level up

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

I've been wanting to replay FF15 for a sec now, I played it on release but I never got around to any of the Episode stuff, how did that turn out?

Mixed bag. From what I remember:

Gladio: weird sort of Souls-ish dungeon crawl about fighting Gilgamesh? It's a cool idea but honestly the combat isn't good enough to carry it

Prompto: new area with snowboarding and photography and ehh third person shooter gameplay. Very chill

Ignis: batshit alternate fix-fic ending where Ignis remembers he's the one smart person in the game and fixes all the problems halfway through. Extremely funny and Ignis is a blast to play

Comrades: design your own character and do weird monster hunter side quests with other people?? I don't know if this is great or terrible. It was impossible to find other players on release so there are probably none at all now. Grindy. Your custom freak will pop up in the main story afterwards which makes for some great screenshots, I'll need to find mine.

Ardyn: never actually played this one because it was a lead-in to the second wave of DLC which was going to have the epic post-game story about Noctis fighting his fate and so on which never happened and got turned into a spinoff light novel

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

comrades was cool but also everything took 20 minutes of loading so it was miserable to actually set up a game and play it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

they wanted the spinoff book to look as thick as a novel so half of it is actually a cool art book

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

they wanted the spinoff book to look as thick as a novel so half of it is actually a cool art book

lol cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Found King Noctis in the main game being reunited in his darkest hour with his canonical best friend and finest soldier, Spilz D Bongwater. I love this loving stupid game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Found King Noctis in the main game being reunited in his darkest hour with his canonical best friend and finest soldier, Spilz D Bongwater. I love this loving stupid game

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Man I gotta play FF15.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Gladio: weird sort of Souls-ish dungeon crawl about fighting Gilgamesh? It's a cool idea but honestly the combat isn't good enough to carry it

Prompto: new area with snowboarding and photography and ehh third person shooter gameplay. Very chill

Ignis: batshit alternate fix-fic ending where Ignis remembers he's the one smart person in the game and fixes all the problems halfway through. Extremely funny and Ignis is a blast to play

Comrades: design your own character and do weird monster hunter side quests with other people?? I don't know if this is great or terrible. It was impossible to find other players on release so there are probably none at all now. Grindy. Your custom freak will pop up in the main story afterwards which makes for some great screenshots, I'll need to find mine.

Ardyn: never actually played this one because it was a lead-in to the second wave of DLC which was going to have the epic post-game story about Noctis fighting his fate and so on which never happened and got turned into a spinoff light novel

Lol I had no idea the create a character would show up on the actual game. So bizarre

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
my favourite weird story moment of ffxv is how the emperor of the other nation is positioned earlier as a major antagonist, and then the game kind of just forgets he exists, until you fight a random hallway monster in the second last dungeon and everyone goes "oh, huh, that was the emperor who turned into a monster. shame he's dead."

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

my favourite weird story moment of ffxv is how the emperor of the other nation is positioned earlier as a major antagonist, and then the game kind of just forgets he exists, until you fight a random hallway monster in the second last dungeon and everyone goes "oh, huh, that was the emperor who turned into a monster. shame he's dead."

lmao amazing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Chrono Trigger DS mountain you had to climb up and down 10 times lmao

well you did get the reward of weapons and armor that are worse than items you get in a normal playthru + you get to see schala stuck in lavos's head like in chrono cross

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Lol I had no idea the create a character would show up on the actual game. So bizarre

I can't remember everything but im 90% sure he even turns up walking dramatically alongside the main characters in some of the big story cutscenes. Utterly insane decision

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I can't remember everything but im 90% sure he even turns up walking dramatically alongside the main characters in some of the big story cutscenes. Utterly insane decision

Lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

We need to talk about Steve.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao this is highly motivating

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Oh hell yea, might try to get to it during the summer

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

spontaneously remembering about the FFXV/Assassin's Creed crossover event

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

spontaneously remembering about the FFXV/Assassin's Creed crossover event

lmfao i forgot about this

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol. final fantasy kicks rear end!!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't really disagree with most criticisms of 15 but it's so loving ambitious and stupid that I can't help but love it lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ive never gotten past the first act of XV because I get so distracted by the fishing

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I can't really disagree with most criticisms of 15 but it's so loving ambitious and stupid that I can't help but love it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Fy02yZc_8

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

lol every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lmao