Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Devrim has had a sniper bounty called “Marc’s Man” this whole time and there’s at least one Red War lore thing mentioning him. He and Marc raised Hawthorne.
He also talks about missing him in idle chat and the old adventure dialog multiple times, which makes him a bad sniper because he misses his marc a lot :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So how does the Crossave work with PS5/PC? I own everything including Lightfall on PS5. I own nothing on PC. Lightfall is $50, and the "Legacy Collection" which contains Shadowkeep, Beyond Light, and Witch Queen, is $50. If I just download the base Destiny 2 game for free, what happens? Can I link my PS5 account, but then I don't get access to any unpurchased content? So i could fly to Neomura on PS5, but then if I logged out, walked over to my PC and logged in, it would just kick me out and I wouldn't have access to any of the DLC content until I walked back over to my PS5?

You link your accounts, and anywhere you log in to you have access to all of your content. Thanks to sony, you can't play any of the activities that require a purchase. So while Neomuna is a free to play destination (all planets are now), if you were like doing the raid, you could only do that on the account you purchased the game on.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Doc Mave posted:

I like when people say ‘choose to be gay’ as it makes it very easy to identify people who have gay feelings that they choose to suppress/ignore, and assume that everyone else makes this choice also.

https://wompampsupport.azureedge.ne...359%2F092%2F7ce

Whirling posted:

Does this bug apply to all damage everywhere or just snipers?

its inconsistent what is or isn't tied to framerate; I presume this was a workaround built deep into the engine back when it was console-only and thus locked to 30 FPS. A few things off the top of my head that I believe or know are tied to framerate;

Threshers

Attacks that apply knockback (Taken Phalanxes, Incedinors etc)

Sword lunges go farther with high FPS

some timers run faster on high FPS (the seraph towers on Heist Battlegrounds are an example of this I'm pretty sure)

some exploits like the Persys jolt instakill also need you to be locked to 30 FPS, aand as everyone knows cloth sim physics tend to glitch out above 30 FPS

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Lol at the thread title

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

RocketRaygun posted:

You link your accounts, and anywhere you log in to you have access to all of your content. Thanks to sony, you can't play any of the activities that require a purchase. So while Neomuna is a free to play destination (all planets are now), if you were like doing the raid, you could only do that on the account you purchased the game on.

But if I were to pay $50 for Lightfall on PC, I could do all the current raids/dungeons on either platform.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

But if I were to pay $50 for Lightfall on PC, I could do all the current raids/dungeons on either platform.

Correct. But if you didn't buy it on PC and get like, Deterministic Chaos on the PS5, you'd be able to shoot it on PC.

It's just activities that have license requirements. Gear does not.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

So how does the Crossave work with PS5/PC?

Expansions you will only be able to access on the platform you bought it on. You'll still be able to go to the europa/Throne world/neomuna patrol zones but you'll only be able run patrols and lost sectors. No bounties, and no campaign missions etc. Unless something changed recently you'll also not be able to access stasis or strand subclasses.

Seasonal content however is cross-platform so as long as you buy it on one platform you can play it anywhere. The same is true of the recent dungeons you have to buy access to (i.e. grasp and spire). Not sure if you need to do the initial mini-quest to unlock the dungeon on your primary platform however.

You occasionally get some weird things with being able to complete quest objectives but not advance to the next stage of a quest on your secondary platform but other than that the system is fairly robust.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1633890406550126617

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
lmao nice destinythememe post

wait

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

drat dude, entire galaxies and then gets jobbered by a single planetary system.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

yknow I never got the impression the hive pantheon actually liked each other, doesn't Xivu Arath try and kill Savathun just before Witch Queen or am I making that up?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

arsenicCatnip posted:

yknow I never got the impression the hive pantheon actually liked each other, doesn't Xivu Arath try and kill Savathun just before Witch Queen or am I making that up?

I think at some point, they've all tried to kill each other, and are all actively plotting against each other.
Something something Sword Logic or whatever.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

arsenicCatnip posted:

Trying to kill each other is an act of love and respect among the Hive. But yeah, the conflict with Xivu Arath was the reason Savathun did the whole complicated scheme with the queen and the crystal and etc

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

haveblue posted:

Trying to kill each other is an act of love and respect among the Hive. But yeah, the conflict with Xivu Arath was the reason Savathun did the whole complicated scheme with the queen and the crystal and etc

I got the impression that that had a lot to do with whatever Savathun was doing in Arrivals (didn't play that year) and/or it becoming apparent to Xivu Arath + the Witness that Savathun was thinking about switching sides.

There are those weird lines in Lost about how much Savathun cares about her family that were never followed up on, though

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I hate whoever decided to make the absolute worst heist a nightfall. Let that stupid thing die a dishonorable death

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

arsenicCatnip posted:

I forget if it is only implied or stated explicitly after running the seasonal activity but I seem to recall learning somewhere that Xivu is trying to stop Savathun before Witch Queen because she knows Sav is about to remove her worm parasite and align with the Light and this effectively means she loses her sister forever.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Well WQ and recent lore seem to say Savathun has been working on betraying the witness for a long time, but Arrivals was Savathun trying to sabotage the witness contacting us, so yeah, by Season of the lost it was probably apparent Savathun was a traitor?

I'm really curious where her story is going to go. Like, it feels like it's clearly not over, and we got a "season of the deep" coming up. On one hand, I dont think they're going to throw away the ability to use light bearer hive as enemies, if Savathun was already working against the witness, and now knows that she was originally lied to by the worms, she doesn't seem like she has a ton of reason to be our enemy?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Well, the Lightfall campaign can be summarized as "do a bunch of pointless bullshit and then the Witness wins anyway", going by the name Season of the Deep is very obviously going to have a hive focus. It stands to reason this is about the time someone is gonna say "hey, didn't Savathun have a bunch of anti-Witness plans", we're gonna let Immaru bring her back and she'll get an opportunity to go "good loving job idiots I loving told you so".

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Jesus Christ lol

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I would love to have the opportunity to hear Debra WIlson play Savathun again. No matter the lore implications (monkey paw finger, etc.)

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Season of the Deep actually refers to how deep Osiris wants you to study strand. Endless hours of him talking as you scream for him to just shut up and go away.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

yaaas

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Ur, the Ever-Hunger disliked this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the strand hunter nerf?

https://twitter.com/AyyItsChevy/status/1633911720014913536?s=20

actually a massive buff lmao

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Looking at these hunter builds for more difficult content that use exotic armors that I don't have.
Guess I should've been grinding legendary lost sectors pre-LF.

Should probably try and get legendary armor replacements anyway considering most of my gear is strength heavy :smith:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The mystery of the Bad Writing & Missing Gun is revealed

They didn't finish it in time lol

The post-campaign quest to learn about the veil and earn the lightfall box-art gun will be added during Season of the Deep

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

speaking of exotics is LLS not the play anymore?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pretty sure you can still grind out LLS, but from my perspective it would've been easier when I was closer to the level cap. Now I have a larger difficulty gap to deal with.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

its all nice on rice posted:

Looking at these hunter builds for more difficult content that use exotic armors that I don't have.
Guess I should've been grinding legendary lost sectors pre-LF.

Should probably try and get legendary armor replacements anyway considering most of my gear is strength heavy :smith:

Assassin's Cowl arc hunter is one of the strongest builds in the game and you get that one from the shadowkeep campaign. It'll have absolutely trash stats but that build doesn't really need any stats beyond resilience and can use the stat surges anyway.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

For what goal? If you want to earn the Lost Sector Exotics then yes, you have to. You can earn one of the two new exotics this season from clearing the Legendary Campaign, and you can earn one of the two exotics from Risen by clearing the Legendary WQ Campaign, but the other LSE's come from LSE's still

Vex Strike Force in theory can give you an LSE as well but you have to camp the zone for hours, it doesn't guarantee you an exotic period, and there's no weighting toward LSE vs generic, already-unlocked-exotic

Also VSF hard-crashes the game most of the time (known issue)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Bungie ripped off sword logic from the G'Nunk species in Starflight II

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I’m thinking Legendary campaign isn’t for me. I’ve been fighting this Supply Master on mission 2 for over an hour.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

I’m thinking Legendary campaign isn’t for me. I’ve been fighting this Supply Master on mission 2 for over an hour.

What are you using?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

Well WQ and recent lore seem to say Savathun has been working on betraying the witness for a long time, but Arrivals was Savathun trying to sabotage the witness contacting us, so yeah, by Season of the lost it was probably apparent Savathun was a traitor?

I'm really curious where her story is going to go. Like, it feels like it's clearly not over, and we got a "season of the deep" coming up. On one hand, I dont think they're going to throw away the ability to use light bearer hive as enemies, if Savathun was already working against the witness, and now knows that she was originally lied to by the worms, she doesn't seem like she has a ton of reason to be our enemy?

The Shadowkeep lore from the Pit dungeon basically put Savathun on the side of the Light. She explicitly said that she can't become the answer to all unanswered questions if everyone is dead and cant ask questions.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the mission 2 supply master was one of the nastiest bosses in the legendary campaign for me just because i slide around wildly like a methamphetic hamster and kept getting cabal drop pods landing on me. calus was way, way easier.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Reiterpallasch posted:

Assassin's Cowl arc hunter is one of the strongest builds in the game and you get that one from the shadowkeep campaign. It'll have absolutely trash stats but that build doesn't really need any stats beyond resilience and can use the stat surges anyway.

That's one of the exotics I actually have, hah. Young Ahamkara's Spine trip mine build is fun too.
If really like hunter void, and the current builds I see use chests I don't have. There's always Orpheus Rig.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dawning Lore isn't always canon. Is there anything else to suggest Devrim chose to be gay?

Hello I am not familiar with this game and would like you to explain what you meant by 'chose to be gay', quite soon, please.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the void hunter exotics are all pretty good but you don't actually need them once you have some seasonal experience because the void mods on the seasonal artifact are super bullshit 64. volatile flow in column 3 + bricks from beyond in column 4 + a void siphon mod in your head turns any void machine gun into a death beam that sprays aoe explosions everywhere while also having great single-target damage and tons of ammunition.

if you have retrofit escapade from last season you can basically just use it instead of your primary weapon.

the big problem though is that none of this actually requires being on a void class. it's season of the void machine gun.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

you absolute motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy