Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I enjoyed that solo gate, it was funny discovering how much legacy support there is for Gaia fusing with Curse of Dragon specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I enjoyed that solo gate, it was funny discovering how much legacy support there is for Gaia fusing with Curse of Dragon specifically

If it was a thing in DM it gets support eventually just for full nostalgia value.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So do the new Ishizu monsters team up well with Runick, or nah? I’m right on the edge of having enough Spright URs to craft the rest

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios posted:

Apparently the next structure deck is going to be Gaia the Fierce Knight themed. I honestly haven't the foggiest as to how they're going to make that in any way appealing.

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/march-09-2022/master-duel-datamines

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lord_Magmar posted:

If it was a thing in DM it gets support eventually just for full nostalgia value.

Still waiting for Beaver Warrior and Winged Dragon support.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Silver horn of the Unicorn
equip spell
equipped monster gains 700 atk. if an equipped beast warrior monster with higher original def than original atk attacks your opponent directly, add a gaia the fierce knight monster from deck to hand

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Loving the Ishizu cards in Therion. Also, Kurikara Divincarnate is hilarious in a go second deck.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I've been saying for a long time that the horse from gaia the fierce knight should get its own card and it should be named Curse of Horse

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Skeleton Mom posted:

I've been saying for a long time that the horse from gaia the fierce knight should get its own card and it should be named Curse of Horse
Hey, watch the foal language!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Skeleton Mom posted:

Horse of Dragon

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Not gonna lie, I’m actually kinda having fun with the Crystal Beast loaner for this mini event

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Regalingualius posted:

Not gonna lie, I’m actually kinda having fun with the Crystal Beast loaner for this mini event

I had fun with it once I realized that I wanted to go second with it.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
The golem deck is kinda hilarious going first because nobody is prepaired for the link 3 perminantly turning off all their cards when they attack over it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So it's basically just a buyable version of the solo mode deck. Could be worse.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
What a weird choice for a structure. Unless it has some staples in it then nobody is gonna waste their gems on it, and the fact that it's advertising an R rarity card is pretty loving dire.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Well...the Gaia structure has Link BLS in it so it's worth buying one of at least.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Every time I see a spright player in this godforsaken event I will maindeck another floodgate.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
New RANK10YGO archetype video.

As for the event, I keep bouncing back and forth between Spright, Exosister and Branded Despia when I'm actually trying to climb, but when I actually want to have fun I end up grabbing Giant Ballpark or Magikey Suship.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Is there any high greater than faking out a Dinomorphia player into burning through all of their outs, then casually dropping a Lava Golem and immediately ending the turn?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't touched Master Duel in like a year but a friend convinced me to reinstall and lol it owns being able to dunk on people with the same half-assed Utopia deck I used in the Xyz festival a year ago.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I must gather my courage to finally say it. Spright Carrot could get it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Spright elf also kind of nice with it.

Jet also not half bad.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's honestly really hosed up that Carrot is pink while Red is orange and in a conical outfit

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Spright elf also kind of nice with it.

Jet also not half bad.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's honestly really hosed up that Carrot is pink while Red is orange and in a conical outfit

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I dusted my Maxx Cs. gently caress it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hizke posted:

Drawing cards is the funnest thing you can do in a game, you have turned from the face of god

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Traptrix structure delayed from Feb 23 to "March" to "April" in AU lmao

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hizke posted:

I have begun to pair down all my staples in my decks. 6 interactions and 3 draw powers at max. Just loading up on gas where I can instead of just losing to a single ash.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

I have begun to pair down all my staples in my decks. 6 interactions and 3 draw powers at max. Just loading up on gas where I can instead of just losing to a single ash.

Same. Just built the live twin spright deck, basically play through most interruptions, but I still put in a bunch of hand traps like ghost ogre, veiler and ash/imperm. Running a tcg legal variant, to match my cardboard deck lol. It's really fun

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I randomly got the 100k burn damage achievement while grinding with Swordsoul in the duelist cup, making Master Duel the second game ever I've gotten 100% Steam achievements in.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZOhogpK_w

This is cool as hell. Don't sleep on this one, y'all.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Truth be told...im not even playing maxx c in runick sprights. Maxx is even level 2 but its just not needed, id rather have called by and lava golems and shore up my actual weaknesses

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Dear Konami:

Show you have an ounce of common sense and ban Necroface and Ishizu from this game. I'm getting Necroface FTK'd in GOLD...

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TaurusOxford posted:

Dear Konami:

Show you have an ounce of common sense and ban Necroface and Ishizu from this game. I'm getting Necroface FTK'd in GOLD...

Yeah that sounds like about the place I'd expect a gimmicky FTK build to turn up actually.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Dear Konami:

Have you tried being good at the game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
just draw the out lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Dear Konami:

Yeah a lovely FTK in gold is exactly where you should expect it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
To explain this in a way that's probably more helpful: the killer of a lot of more gimmicky decks, especially gimmicky FTK decks, is fragility. Either the strategy relies on a very specific combo that doesn't always happen, or it loses to a single disruptive interaction (often both). In particular, Necroface is famously pretty unreliable because it relies a lot on luck; you need to get it banished to proc its effect, and Necroface strategies usually rely on it banishing another copy of itself to cascade things--but if you just can't manage to bin Necroface it doesn't do crap (making it something of a garnet, the last place you want a Necroface is in your opening hand), and your plan is dead if it, or any of the ways you're planning to banish it, gets negated somehow.

Chances are the reason that's in Gold near the end of a month is because you're only seeing the times it works, and it usually doesn't. I'm not familiar with Ishizu Necroface as a strategy, but a description in an MBT short looks like it's a multi-monster combo; that's probably something you can choke out with a well-timed Ash Blossom or Ghost Belle.

Now, the FTKs you actually need to worry about are when someone pulls some overly long combo to just get 8000 Attack and an annoying amount of negates on the board. Some decks can do that EXTREMELY reliably (Swordsoul being my eternal to-go example), with relatively few starting cards and some strong alternative routes in the event of negates. Not only are those a lot more consistent, but they're usually gonna be able to hold their ground even if they don't swing an FTK.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
What are good anti-meta decks/staples to run in this format?

I've been running Floo with backrow hate and Anti-Spell/Dark Simorgh in Duelist Cup. I'm getting results, but all I'm really playing against are Stun decks. I guess the natural response to when I start seeing more Ishizu is to run D. Fissure, but wasn't sure if there was something more interesting I could be doing.