Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Yesterday I couldn't think of any builds I wanted to play. Now I'm trying to decide between like five. I'm sure it'll be up to seven or more before launch tomorrow, and I'll just have to roll some dice or something at the last second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dahbadu posted:

Thanks for the advice. I truly appreciate it. If anyone has more tips, I'd like to know.

I posted it earlier in the thread but my advice for LE builds is to try out the skills, pick one you like, find ways to make the skill cost 0 mana, then find methods of triggering another skill using the skill you like. Then fill out your bar with movement/survivability/buffs and maybe another skill that shares a damage type or utilizes the same buffs/stats. One of the skills on your hotbar will not have its tree used at much or at all, because you want to invest points into your triggered skill.

When you're messing around with stats to find out what gives you the most DPS, the tooltips are incredibly useful. Way more than PoE ever was. You'll be surprised what stats increase DPS for a certain skill and when you start getting diminishing returns.

Since the in-game info is so useful, I think this makes it easier to create a great build in-game through trial and error without having to read guides or watch build videos. The relatively low cost/time to respec means you can experiment a fair amount in the mid/late-game.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
What I've been mostly waiting for before I bought this game was the update to death animations and skill use feedback. But for a while I've been thinking that this game seems like what I always hoped from POE down to the itemization and not feeling forced to trade if I want to play anything different than the 3 or 4 op builds that can scale to endgame.

I'm a bit broke financially now but I think I can squeeze out some cash to get this today co's It's looking really good.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I watched Action RPGs two videos on crafting last night and understand the system better now. All I had done during my campaign playthroughs until now was just upgrade a few specific affixes on gear i happened to pick up and use. I think that was plenty for the campaign but getting into monoliths I’ll probably need to focus on it a bit more. The last guy I played was a Lunge/Jav build and upgrading the damage over time affix on a spear I got at level 20 carried me to 50+ without really caring about loot at all.

I will definitely have to grab a loot filter and start using shatter on certain stuff as I level.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

very excited to play this today. probably gonna make a druid.

is there a viable totem build actually? totems in poe are my fav playstyle but are kinda so so lately.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I'm just staring at the clock waiting for patch to drop :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My Diablo friends are already tired of the new D3 season and one of them already bought the game so hell yeah :getin:

They'll still probably bail when D4 comes out but hey I've got a couple months.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
For people looking for build stuff, they just announced a section on Maxroll for them: https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/news/last-epoch-new-maxroll-branch

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ok yeah after reading, druid seems like fun. Can be a cold spewing werebear, an earquaking werebear, a bug queen that bleeds stuff, a bug queen that ices stuff, hell yeah

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

queeb posted:

ok yeah after reading, druid seems like fun. Can be a cold spewing werebear, an earquaking werebear, a bug queen that bleeds stuff, a bug queen that ices stuff, hell yeah

That sounds awesome. I almost never do druids but I might have to try this out.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

I went a melee class before I got a sword that automatically summoned skellies. I quickly realized necromancer is cool and good, and restarted with a necro. LE has the most satisfying pet builds I think I've played in an arpg. Excited to see, like, the changes to animations, environments, music, voices, etc, coz LE did a lot of that stuff good already imo.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:toot:

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
I just installed the game. I'm not able to log in with an online character right now. Anyone else having the same issue?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dahbadu posted:

I just installed the game. I'm not able to log in with an online character right now. Anyone else having the same issue?

yea they just started the servers 30 mins ago and they're getting slammed, as has happened to every ARPG multiplayer launch in existence

you can make your character and then you get the "online play is not available" deal, I guess check https://twitter.com/LastEpoch for updates

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

yea they just started the servers 30 mins ago and they're getting slammed, as has happened to every ARPG multiplayer launch in existence

you can make your character and then you get the "online play is not available" deal, I guess check https://twitter.com/LastEpoch for updates

Thanks, dude!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/lastepoch/status/1633885388409323540?s=46&t=P-kmk4HiymQJwpkW8nb62A

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

The 1.0 update by the way will be adding a fully offline mode.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I fail at Twitter, so if a kind goon will update the thread when logins work, I'd heart you.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

its probably still janky but i tried a couple of times just now and managed to connect

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My display name defaults to my email address :chloe: and I can't figure out how to change it

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

its probably still janky but i tried a couple of times just now and managed to connect

:glomp: Got in just now. Keep on trying I guess is the trick... vOv

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I got it to load, but there were two copies of my character and the camera wouldn't follow the one that would move. Pretty funny.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I got in like right at noon but quickly had to AFK to walk my dogs, now I just get stuck "Connecting" --> "Online Play Unavailable" :(

chird
Sep 26, 2004

So, offline play works, right? I have no mates so don't see the need for online atm.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
As long as the initial auth checks/connections work it should be fine. It won't be a pure offline mode until 1.0

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm having paralysis choice with classes, which one commits the most warcrimes? I assume Lich/Necromancer due to raising the dead but I played that last beta already. Any other classes allow you to either spread misery and darkness and general unpleasantness through your enemies or carpet-bomb them with illegal amounts of ordnance?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Pierson posted:

I'm having paralysis choice with classes, which one commits the most warcrimes? I assume Lich/Necromancer due to raising the dead but I played that last beta already. Any other classes allow you to either spread misery and darkness and general unpleasantness through your enemies or carpet-bomb them with illegal amounts of ordnance?

Void Knight autobomber does the latter and is big on warcrimes too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

okay able to play now, game is as great as it has ever been.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I put over a hundred hours into this like a year ago, then put it away to wait for the multiplayer. Don't know why I thought that, though, since all my gaming buds had kids and stopped gaming, and I'm almost allergic to playing with randos. Still happy to see the game chugging along, and people excited to play it.

I'd like to dust off the ol' install and see what's new, but won't have time after work today, or tomorrow, or Saturday, and oh god, I didn't even have kids but somehow became too busy to game anyway.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
In addition to the great info posted by others, don't sleep on the built-in loot filter. It's really easy to set up your own filters in the UI without having to go download someone's file from Github to use as a baseline (though you can still do that!)

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Yeah the loot filter is one of my fave features of LE.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

anyone actuall yin and playing?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Game no worky, this is OUTRAGEOUS.

Think I'm gonna make a Paladin.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Poor Last Epoch, launched online and died.
https://twitter.com/LastEpoch/status/1633910267653369856?cxt=HHwWgMC9pemu6KwtAAAA

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

The special monolith missions wont load for me even offline. Great patch so far lol.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kaddish posted:

Game no worky, this is OUTRAGEOUS.

Think I'm gonna make a Paladin.

The Paladin I just leveled using Javelin with Holy Trail and Lunge with Pilum Assault blasted through the campaign faster than anything else I've played. I've always been the type that likes to slaughter every pack of monsters I encounter so I had to curb that instinct and just be satisfied with blitzing through everything and having >50% of poo poo die to the ground effect behind me. It isn't a build I want to play at endgame but it seems more efficient to level that way and then respec later on to hammerdin or something.

lol the top comment on this is someone asking if they can get a refund, and @LostEpoch replying with instructions on how to do so.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 9, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

King Cocoa Butter posted:

In addition to the great info posted by others, don't sleep on the built-in loot filter. It's really easy to set up your own filters in the UI without having to go download someone's file from Github to use as a baseline (though you can still do that!)

At the very least just set one up to filter out Normal/Magic items, and Rares of types you don't care about.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Suprfli6 posted:

lol the top comment on this is someone asking if they can get a refund, and @LostEpoch replying with instructions on how to do so.

Good on the devs for keeping a level head, but people need to chill. It's launch day for an indie team. The game isn't going anywhere, and demanding a refund because you have to wait a couple hours to play is just childish.

Edit: Also, I got in on my first try (after waiting in queue for like 10 minutes), so I guess those whiny scrubs just need to git good.

Noper Q fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 9, 2023

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
Another thing I just remembered: the "numlock trick" works in this game to autocast spells. The numlock trick is when you have numlock on, you hold a key, then turn numlock off and it continues registering that key's input, effectively autocasting it. To do this:

1. Go to Settings -> Gameplay Tab -> Change Input Keys (at the top)
2. Set the alternative binding for "Use Ability #" for whichever slot you want to bind to a numpad number. It should say "Keypad #"
3. In game, make sure numlock is on, hold the number, and turn it off. You should see your skill autocasting!

This is awesome for mage's spell/fire shields, and for Wandering Spirits on acolyte. Just run around and let your autocasted spirits do the work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
quote != edit!

Edit: but since I'm here, if you're playing minions, you can press A while highlighting an enemy to tell your minions to attack that target or go to that location. Amazing!

King Cocoa Butter fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 9, 2023