Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Stephen root is a force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
You’ve got the best mom! And she smells like Miracle Whip

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm a fan of the flooding episode which starts with Bill laying in bed in his army dress ready for death, and ends with him high on his own fumes as the de facto leader of the shelter.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

i've been watching perry mason and steven root plays the evil prosecutor guy and hes really scary in it

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I always get a good kick out of watching Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story which prominently features Stephen Root being very Bill.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I find that it's a real treat any time I see Stephen Root in anything.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

He has a pretty sinister character in Barry too. It’s an alright show. I see him in a lot of stuff actually

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

im still to this day proud of him for landing no country for old men like literally proud of a stranger

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Another Bill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su3ZFJcYOW0

You leave your face open, you're gonna get popped!

It's so rare for me to laugh at something when I'm alone but this did it. Hank just gleefully popping bobby started it and everything after the kick was icing on the cake.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A MIRACLE posted:

i've been watching perry mason and steven root plays the evil prosecutor guy and hes really scary in it

Oh so he's a prosecutor

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

SettingSun posted:

I'm a fan of the flooding episode which starts with Bill laying in bed in his army dress ready for death, and ends with him high on his own fumes as the de facto leader of the shelter.

Dang it Everett, are you combing your mustache again? I lose it every time they show him, and he is combing his mustache.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's so rare for me to laugh at something when I'm alone but this did it. Hank just gleefully popping bobby started it and everything after the kick was icing on the cake.

Same, but it was me during Boomhauer's bit.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

A MIRACLE posted:

Ohhhh, you are talking about the new(er) Perry Masons… For some reason I go back to the black and white ones whenever it’s mentioned lol.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

my partner is watching koth for the first time and she fuckin hates Bill. I'd never watched the show through the lens of outright disliking Bill and it's a bit of a trip.

But I just finished watching 'Barry' so it's not so hard actually.

edit: PAN SHOT

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Bill is loathsome, he has a couple good moments but overall is just an incel loser hanger on

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

A MIRACLE posted:

Bill is loathsome, he has a couple good moments but overall is just an incel loser hanger on

:goofy:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

boy that was some mighty fine a-pickin and a-singin

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

boy that was some mighty fine a-pickin and a-singin

Saw the scene immediately…

the little squeals he does while listening and “singing” along

What a performance

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hank: "We've seen him like this before, and it ended with me spending Christmas pulling his head out of the oven. We're gonna help him and we're going to start by putting an end to all the insults."

Dale: "But Hank, he's a-"

Hank: "He knows he's bald, he knows he's got a gut, and he knows his wife ran around on him. He doesn't need you reminding him."

Bill, just offscreen: *whimper*

Hank: "Uh, I kinda thought you'd gone home there, Bill."

In the next scene Stroup makes a pass at him and he ignores her for the choir, lmao.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
"Choir"?

Excuse me, those are the Harmonaholics

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Saucer Hovers posted:

im still to this day proud of him for landing no country for old men like literally proud of a stranger

Wonder if there’s a German word for that

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

paraßöcialrelationßhip

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

A MIRACLE posted:

bill probably has more sex than hank over the course of the series

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

A MIRACLE posted:

paraßöcialrelationßhip

whoa:2monocle:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I've watched so much King of the Hill in my life.

I am running it again on Hulu and I do notice the formulas more than ever - Dale goes crazy template, Bobby with a new trend, etc.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Hank’s abiding respect for an authority figure or institution is undermined by their failings and/or human frailty and he must come to terms with it

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Fur20 posted:

bill probably has more sex than hank over the course of the series

It’s alright, Hank. I know you don’t have sex.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

The animation really reminds me of beavis and butthead there.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

A MIRACLE posted:

It’s alright, Hank. I know you don’t have sex.

Well that is not entirely accurate

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

A MIRACLE posted:

Bill fucks more than anyone in the show not named Boomhauer.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

seiferguy posted:

He isn't called the Billdozer for nothing.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Bill usually comes across as a harmless sadsack but then I got "ok this guy could actually shoot up a mall" vibe in the tornado episode when he is demanding respect in his uniform lol

Bill is the type to go mad with power anytime he’s granted even the smallest amount

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Another few days and he would have had Hank hang

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fishstick posted:

"Choir"?

Excuse me, those are the Harmonaholics

That's what david harmon drinks

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

seiferguy posted:

They have a guy whose two big character traits are

Native American

Fucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yeah john redcorn nails anything that moves. He might edge out boomhauer even, idk.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

"the music is wired to the lights"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
John Redcorn spends the majority of the series laying pipe to Nancy, he does hook up with other women, but in terms of number of women, Bill has him beat.

There's an episode with a subplot that Bill needs to stop loving because he might be hooking up with his cousin.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

both of em!

also john redcorn cheated on nancy with candi at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

thank you Wikipedia editors, for your important character facts

Wikipedia posted:

The location of Boomhauer's house is inconsistent during the series. In the series finale, his address is shown on his driver's license as 73 Rainey Street, which would place him on the same side of the alley as Hank, Dale, and Kahn Souphanousinphone. However, in "Uh-oh, Canada", the rear of Boomhauer's house is shown to be across the alley from Dale's house, diagonally across to the right from Hank's back yard, which would place the front door of his house (and its address) on another street.