Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I never saw a queue but couldn't connect for a while, checked periodically and got in like half an hour ago. So far I've found like 6 uniques and 3 are catered to pets and necrotic damage, but of course I decided to level a pally first instead of necro. Guess they'll help my alt a bit eventually.

I've had lunge glitch me out quite a few times and get me stuck, luckily channeling warpath seems to fix it. Never had that happen prior to today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

just found out I cannot play this video game that I spent money on, interesting choice by the devs

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

frajaq posted:

just found out I cannot play this video game that I spent money on, interesting choice by the devs

You can play offline while server issues are worked on.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Zotix posted:

You can play offline while server issues are worked on.

offline work for me either

back to PoE I guess...

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to make my first character and yeah offline mode isn't working for me either. I mean it's the launch of a major patch, I expect things to be a little wonky day 1.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The visual upgrade, and new zones added throughout the story campaign, are really nice. The 0.9.0 update is a beautiful upgrade.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Got a rune of ascendance at level 18 and slammed it onto a spear. Got a level 48 spear that does have Javelin mods but idk how good it will be compared to a rare with stacked DOT damage, guess we'll see. Currently 21 and still haven't gotten a usable spear to switch from warpath to jav.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

#7,000 in queue lol

If Online mode doesn't add any special gameplay things I'll probably just stick to Offline.

Edit: Oh the devs said the queue is broken

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I assume offline characters can't be moved to online?

edit: from a couple minutes ago

quote:

Matchmaking Issue - Update

Hey everyone, quick update here.

We are working internally on two different solutions in parallel. First, a partial-solution that will improve matchmaking success rate. Second we are working with our service providers to address what we believe to be the root cause of our issues that is inhibiting matchmaking.

We are overwhelmed with the surge of excitement today, and thank you for your continued patience as we fix the issue effecting player connectivity. We are working hard to get you online as quickly as possible.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 10, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Managed to get in then quit to eat dinner. Now it seems there is a queue but my number doesn't change and when I relaunch the game, I have the same number. Very sad.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Feel like I've seen this icon somewhere

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Missing the ring

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

explosivo posted:

I assume offline characters can't be moved to online?

Correct. Offline characters are trivial to edit so allowing that would mean rampant cheating :)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Primalist is not fun to level pre-20

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

also got in online with no issues

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got in as well, queues are moving now. The number is a lie though so stick with it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

well that made life easier

edit: totems are minions so theyre just loving blendering now

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It's really sad that they kept saying "delayed again guys, we have to launch multiplayer perfectly, if we turd out when people actually show up we're screwed" and then this happens.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
idk what is goin' on with launch but i have had 0 issues. just connected and started playing

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Impermanent posted:

idk what is goin' on with launch but i have had 0 issues. just connected and started playing

same, i left it for supper, came back, been playing no issues since

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Wow, big new multiplayer feature for a game launches and for the first few hours there were issues? Unheard of!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
seems fine now, to me, as well.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

queeb posted:

Primalist is not fun to level pre-20

I disagree, just put everything into maelstrom and pump it while everything dies

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i hit 20 and got spriggan form, now im dropping like 7 thorn totems and blappin stuff

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat this game, predictably, fuckin rules with friends.

Edit:

boxcarhobo posted:

I disagree, just put everything into maelstrom and pump it while everything dies

Followed this advice and yeah that's a lot of fun

explosivo fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 10, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dreylad posted:

seems fine now, to me, as well.

Yeah I was playing like an hour after launch. It isnt as bad as people are making it out to be.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Man. I need friends to pay with.

All my homies have kids and lives and stuff. I mean, I do too. But they’re definitely the problem not me.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Suprfli6 posted:

I've had lunge glitch me out quite a few times and get me stuck, luckily channeling warpath seems to fix it. Never had that happen prior to today.

I had that happen with Fury Leap a bunch, I think when I try to leap to somewhere I can't go. Leaping again in a slightly different direction gets me out of it, so I think any movement skill will work.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Luckily I got in earlier today, so I had a chance to play. The game is chill, it makes sense, and you can dodge boss attacks! I'm liking it and played almost all day.

My Sorcerer is working out well. As a goon said earlier, a trick is to make sure you can sustain mana. Soo... my level 37 rear end has 300+ mana and about 20 mana regen. Glacier all day yo!

Ward + Freeze + Stun so far seems like a pretty good defensive layer... at least during the campaign.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Game is seriously good but god theres a lot of bugs in multiplayer.

Just playing a paladin to level 20:

- void cleave straight up doesn't work
- sometimes warpath gets stuck in the channel and you have to use a diff skill to cancel it
- character just randomly stops moving and takes a second or 2 to get out of it
- delayed animations and hit detections

I'm playing with 20ms but the netcode(?) needs some serious work

Anyways, I ended up dying my HC char to the big void golem slam. Isn't the first time

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 10, 2023

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
I am following a build for the void knight auto bomber where it says to use a 2 hand staff and shield rush. But shield rush needs a shield.
Was there a change to shield rush making it require a shield or am I missing something?? Just using lunge instead for now

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

lovely Treat posted:

I am following a build for the void knight auto bomber where it says to use a 2 hand staff and shield rush. But shield rush needs a shield.
Was there a change to shield rush making it require a shield or am I missing something?? Just using lunge instead for now

There's a node on Shield Rush that removes the shield requirement.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I played very briefly last night solo online and also noticed some weird lag that mostly manifested with hit detection/delay as well. Also experienced the warpath channel not ending bug.

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

Cinara posted:

There's a node on Shield Rush that removes the shield requirement.

Ah thanks, completely missed that

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is this like poe where I should start out following a build guide untill I know what I'm doing or can I just kinda grab whatever looks cool and go?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Xun posted:

Is this like poe where I should start out following a build guide untill I know what I'm doing or can I just kinda grab whatever looks cool and go?

You can just grab whatever looks cool and go, respecs are either free with some time cost (skills) or only have a pretty minor fee associated (passives).

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

You do not have to since the game makes it easier to respec, the only thing you can’t change is what mastery you pick

basically you can change which 5 skills you spec into but when you do they lose levels so you have to grind them back up to 20, however as you level they get get a baseline so for instance at level 70 they go back to 10 instead of 0

Whatever mastery you pick opens up the second half of the passive tree on one of classes 3 mastery trees, but you can still put points into the early passives of the other trees as well

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mikojan posted:

Game is seriously good but god theres a lot of bugs in multiplayer.

Just playing a paladin to level 20:

- void cleave straight up doesn't work
- sometimes warpath gets stuck in the channel and you have to use a diff skill to cancel it

Are you using a 2H Sword or Axe? Void Cleave requires one. This game lets you use abilities [to no effect] if you aren't using the requisite gear. You can Shield Slam without a Shield too.

And I think Warpath by design keeps you spinning if you only very quickly just tap the button. You gotta hold it down then release it, more deliberately, if you just want a quick spin.

I think this is by design, anyways, because of this Talent:

And the adjacent node which increases the frequency with which you summon Forged Weapons. So I basically am just always spinning 24/7.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

As an aside; Start my Sentinel.

"I'm gonna use a Sword'n'board!"
<finds unique 2H mace>

30 levels later,
"Fine I'll switch to 2H!"
<finds unique 1H sword>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Are you using a 2H Sword or Axe? Void Cleave requires one. This game lets you use abilities [to no effect] if you aren't using the requisite gear. You can Shield Slam without a Shield too.

And I think Warpath by design keeps you spinning if you only very quickly just tap the button. You gotta hold it down then release it, more deliberately, if you just want a quick spin.

I think this is by design, anyways, because of this Talent:

And the adjacent node which increases the frequency with which you summon Forged Weapons. So I basically am just always spinning 24/7.

oh good to know, thanks!

overal still feels a bit laggy but good introduction nonetheless