Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I know it's not the headline but that dude hung around for 18 years? :drat:
It's counting AHL/Russia/Germany but yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I looked him up and he's listed at 5'7"

Midget goalie

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Ruff mixing it up and putting a threat on each top nine line. I like it.

Tatr-Hischier-Mercer
Meier-Hughes-Boqvist
Palat-Haula-Bratt
Wood-McLeod-Bastian

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Could have been worse, I suppose:
https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1633951355521097728

He has previously missed 2 games in his NHL career. Wild will turn to secondary scorers like , and .

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Freddie Braithwaite is the best calgary flame goaltender of all time and it's not even close

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Paracaidas posted:

He has previously missed 2 games in his NHL career. Wild will turn to secondary scorers like , and .

You’re forgetting and .

I suppose that will make me give up on them somehow winning the division. Really could be a worse injury.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens re-assigned Nylander to the AHL.

Gotta Jeff Carter

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That sucks. Nylander looked good on the Geno line.

Edit: Looks like Nylander was able to be called up under emergency conditions so if any of Granlund, Carter, or Rust or available he has to be sent back down. Womp.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 9, 2023

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

That sucks. Nylander looked good on the Geno line.

Edit: Looks like Nylander was able to be called up under emergency conditions so if any of Granlund, Carter, or Rust or available he has to be sent back down. Womp.

Let's be real though regardless of the conditions he wasn't gonna play over Carter

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

this is karma for the wild not partaking in pride night

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Jhet posted:

You’re forgetting and .
I can't remember a more overrated duo

Aye Doc posted:

this is karma for the wild not partaking in pride night
I mean, that tracks.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Avs did a pride night on Sunday, can we have some good karma and have everyone get healthy?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

I love that Maurice's photo on h-ref is black and white

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Theoretically no Kirill should mean Minny sinks, but everyone is so awful in the West they'd have to ship 10 points to Calgary or 12 to lol Nashville and with 34 still left on the board for Calgary and 42 for Nashville.... they're probably fine.

In other sort of related news Seattle has remained mostly on track for their first playoff birth and they're maintaining most of their obscene shooting luck. Currently ticking along at 11.7% all situations and 9.5% 5v5. This means I am quite likely to lose both toxxes and in light of current goings ons think, when Seattle confirms their playoff appearance a LGTBQ+ charity would be an appropriate place to donate.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

fermun posted:

Avs did a pride night on Sunday, can we have some good karma and have everyone get healthy?

It doesn't work if you ask for it. Though with Kaprizov out I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs and Wild trade places.

Paracaidas posted:

I mean, that tracks.

It really does. There's just no good reason to not do it if you've scheduled it. What happens to the sweaters that someone designed, and where's the auction for the warm ups? Really terrible job making everyone think that Hockey is for Everyone when they do this kind of thing.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

In other sort of related news Seattle has remained mostly on track for their first playoff birth and they're maintaining most of their obscene shooting luck. Currently ticking along at 11.7% all situations and 9.5% 5v5. This means I am quite likely to lose both toxxes and in light of current goings ons think, when Seattle confirms their playoff appearance a LGTBQ+ charity would be an appropriate place to donate.

Lambert House is a good option, though the Seattle Pride has a whole list of places to choose from.

The Kraken sent out their "reserve your playoff seats" to the season ticket holders yesterday so at this point I think they're banking on at least a few playoff games to happen.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I looked him up and he's listed at 5'7"

Midget goalie

serious post: 100% that should be around the height limit for goalies. like, what do you want to see, this poo poo:

or this excellence:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make the net size relative to the goalie.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Freddy B owned and was still playing at a really high level in the DEL when he retired. Bring back tiny goalies long live Saros

In the you extremely don't have to hand it to him but I'm going to anyway category, every single thing about Tim Thomas owned but his politics, especially his ludicrous tiny goalie style that also involved checking opposing players

e: also found out the Eagle was doing a bourbon signing near me recently and I missed it, goddamn, what a way that would have been to get Covid

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 10, 2023

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Make the net size relative to the goalie.

this might be the first good post you've ever made. a great idea

e: as much as I hate all goalies, if we put a size limit on them I would be okay with them really being able to gently caress guys up again without getting penalties like they used to. although you should also be able to run them a bit more. i think all these big behemoth goalies are ruining all the wonderful clashes we used to see because their size + the butterfly makes them so goddamn fragile. you can't fall on a leg without popping a hip out. if goalies were smaller and played less butterfly, they'd be less likely to get hosed up and there would be more room for both them and opposing players to use violence.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 10, 2023

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ban the butterfly.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Spelling Mitsake posted:

You'd think playing their captain there could be viable, but no.

Okposo is a grindy boi now, he wouldn’t mesh with the rushy bois Tage and Skinny. Jack Quinn was playing that wing but he’s small and kept getting manhandled. Greenway is big and won’t get manhandled. Might even score on the rush, who knows?!

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

.Spec posted:

Lambert House is a good option, though the Seattle Pride has a whole list of places to choose from.

The Kraken sent out their "reserve your playoff seats" to the season ticket holders yesterday so at this point I think they're banking on at least a few playoff games to happen.

Yeah I got that email last night and felt it was very brave considering how bad the Kraken looked in February. But agree it would be a bit surprising if they don't hold on to the last wild card slot at least at this point.
Still praying Burakovsky comes back soon.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Okposo is a grindy boi now, he wouldn’t mesh with the rushy bois Tage and Skinny. Jack Quinn was playing that wing but he’s small and kept getting manhandled. Greenway is big and won’t get manhandled. Might even score on the rush, who knows?!
Also, rarely a bad idea to give a vote of confidence to the guy you signed hoping for a change of scenery boost

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DancingMachine posted:

Yeah I got that email last night and felt it was very brave considering how bad the Kraken looked in February. But agree it would be a bit surprising if they don't hold on to the last wild card slot at least at this point.
Still praying Burakovsky comes back soon.

Even in a wild card spot there's a lot of opportunity for them to go on a tear. The top of the west doesn't have a stand out contender, so it's really going to be down to the matchups and who gets hot. Probably slightly easier if they can stay in the Pacific for them, but not by a lot.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

serious post: 100% that should be around the height limit for goalies. like, what do you want to see, this poo poo:

I know scoring is up and goalies have been whining about equipment rules but the ridiculously tall pads are still nonsensical to me. They're not protecting anything, they're just making it super easy to cover the entire bottom half of the net in the butterfly (which shorter goalies can't do because they actually have to bring their knees together to close the five hole). Ban that sicko poo poo.

Like not a single goalie 6'3+ can "stand up" (read: squat in the pooping position) without their pads overlapping. The gently caress. They don't have unusually giant knees.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 10, 2023

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
You've never taken a 90MPH puck directly to a lightly padded thigh before, we may safely assume

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Then loving pad your thighs better!! Maybe if Matt Murray got some meat on his bones he wouldn't be injured all the drat time!

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Eric the Mauve posted:

You've never taken a 90MPH puck directly to a lightly padded thigh before, we may safely assume

So pad the thigh instead of extending the leg pads

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

eXXon posted:

Then loving pad your thighs better!! Maybe if Matt Murray got some meat on his bones he wouldn't be injured all the drat time!

Matt Murray played less games in his 2 years on the Sens than Pascal Leclaire did

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i'm too lazy to do the analysis but i bet seattle has an elevated shooting percentage mostly because they run all scorers at forward even down to the 4th line. their least talented regular forward is like brandon tanev or ryan donato. jared mccann (and maybe beniers depending how talented you think he is) is really the only outlier

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

The replies are the remaining people on Twitter who feel entitled to voice their very wrong opinion very loudly thus creating the appearance of vocal majority when in actuality it's an exceedingly loud and shrill minority that is so infinitesimally small they should be out right ignored.

also, new Twitter is explicitly boosting those voices (as opposed to before where they'd just be implicitly boosted because the posts that got the most engagement would be terrible ones that made people upset)

It was kind of a gut punch seeing similar sorts of replies on, say, Athletic articles -- where presumably trolls from elsewhere who just came to dogpile are filtered out, and you are seeing every comment and not just the five algorithmically recommended ones.

I think teams and players ought to be doing more to shame bigots. I don't mean like literally putting internet commenters in a stock and pillory (but that would be ok), I mean being very vocally proud of Pride and making it quite obvious that if you're a bigot then you are not at all accepted by your favourite sports team.

fisting by many fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 10, 2023

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

the talent deficit posted:

i'm too lazy to do the analysis but i bet seattle has an elevated shooting percentage mostly because they run all scorers at forward even down to the 4th line. their least talented regular forward is like brandon tanev or ryan donato. jared mccann (and maybe beniers depending how talented you think he is) is really the only outlier

I’m on the bus, so here’s what I’m staring at. If we put the average at 10.5 shooting %, there are only a couple forwards under it. Eberle, Gourde, and the lowest is Bjorkstrand (8.1)

Dunn and Schultz are pushing toward 10% themselves. Tanev is at a confusing 13.1%, but only on 99 shots. Honestly, I’d expect the driving factor for their forward shooting is all the pucks that come in from the points on blocked shots or redirects. The Pacific is not notably defensive this season mostly, so there’s more opportunities for the chaos the Hakstol system craves. I’d break this out by division, but that’s more complicated that doing it on my phone allows. They haven’t stopped bombing it in from the point, though these days it’s both points and not just the right side like it was mostly with Hakstol in Philly.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://twitter.com/oilygifs/status/1633989987300458496

alienating people 101

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

jt miller wore that same hat to a golf tourney during training camp

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah Rask had one of those a couple of years ago too.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

the talent deficit posted:

Wrong. It's insane luck.

Jared McCann - 22% Career Average of 12%
Eeli Tolvanen - 16.7% Career Average of 12%
Matthew Beniers - First full season 16.5% - Elite shooter Auston Matthews is career 16% do we think Matty B is in the same tier of shooting as Matthews?
Jamie Oleksiak - 16% Career Average of 6%
Daniel Sprong - Fallen back to earth after shooting north of 20% is at 15%....Career Average of 12%.
Alexander Wennberg - 14.5% Career Average of 10.5%
Brandon Tanev - 13.5% Career Average of 11.5%
Ryan Donato - 13% Career Average of 10%
Morgan Geekie - 13% Career Average of 10%
Vince Dunn - 10% Career Average of 7%
Justin Schultz - 8% Career Average of 6%

That doesn't include the 29% from John Hayden for 3 games nor the Shane Wright 25%. That's 11 players all having career shooting years with just obscene finishing with like 8 of those players having career years by wide margins.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
code:
12:16		Keegan Kolesar Misconduct
12:16		Zach Bogosian Misconduct
12:16		Zach Bogosian Minor against Keegan Kolesar
12:16		Keegan Kolesar Minor against Zach Bogosian
12:16		Pat Maroon Hi-sticking against Brett Howden served by Ross Colton
12:16		Pat Maroon Hi-sticking against Brett Howden
12:16		Pat Maroon Misconduct against Brett Howden
12:16		Haydn Fleury Roughing against Teddy Blueger
12:16		Corey Perry Roughing against Nicolas Hague
12:16		Teddy Blueger Misconduct
12:16		Corey Perry Misconduct
12:16		Teddy Blueger Roughing against Haydn Fleury
12:16		Haydn Fleury Misconduct
12:16		Zach Whitecloud Misconduct
12:16		against Michael EyssimontRoughing served by Zach Whitecloud
12:16		Michael Eyssimont Roughing against Zach Whitecloud
12:16		Nicolas Hague Roughing against Corey Perry
12:16		Nicolas Hague Misconduct
lmao

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

In Penguins news this team is loving dog poo poo. Completely incapable of closing games out. It feels like it's the 10th game the Pens have given away a goal to the opposition when they've had the goalie pulled. Jarry ends up posting an .857 which is worse than the .877 he's been posting since returning from injury. He gave up 4 goals on 2.64 expected. Most of the usual suspect were out for goals against - Dumoulin 2 against, Carter 2 against, new boy Granlund 0 for 2 against, and the new boy Kulikov has shown up and had 2 go in while on the ice tonight and 1 against CBJ for a net of 3 against 0 for.

So A+ job Ron Hextall. You really addressed the Pens needs. Josh Archibald technically gets credit for a goal tonight deflecting a puck with his glove so hey depth scoring. Tristan Jarry has been legitimately awful since his return. If you're heading to the playoffs you better be praying you get the Pens because this team is getting swept.

Edit: I want to note that tonight is the 3rd game in a row against the Isles the Penguins have been leading by 2+ goals and failed to win. I'm sure that will make some of you happy :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oilers are good awoooooo