Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Regalingualius posted:

The real fun is wondering how your WoL thought of “LIGHTNING HORSE” if they never did the Ixion fate

Remember being a sprout and seeing people in newbie zones ride around on insane mounts you didn't even recognize? Well, the WoL sure does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love these little bunnies so much. I would die for them.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Electric Phantasm posted:

Finally :toot:

Although now I have to give up the Great Serpent of Ronka :ohdear:

I know your pain, I've got half a dozen minions I want to have out, but I keep coming back to Page 63 (Fitting for Oaken Bookshelf) and the Wind-Up Qiqirn (Just adorably floppy).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's Wind-up Shinryu for me, I love the chest idle animation.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Dareon posted:

I know your pain, I've got half a dozen minions I want to have out, but I keep coming back to Page 63 (Fitting for Oaken Bookshelf) and the Wind-Up Qiqirn (Just adorably floppy).

Page 63 is a perfect blm minion and I would have it out all the time if the black cat didn't complete the witchy look I go for

E: when not blm though my minion is a crap shoot of whatever I'm feeling that day.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the best minion is.... the fat cat

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
The best minion is my friend Anima who I've not changed since HW because she is a good girl who gets to go on adventures. :colbert:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i bring alpha along with me on all my adventures and my only regret is that i can't also bring omega

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm a bit bummed there isn't an Alpha and Omega minion that's both of them at once.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

The real fun is wondering how your WoL thought of “LIGHTNING HORSE” if they never did the Ixion fate

WoL is clearly a Dethklok fan

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SettingSun posted:

I'm a bit bummed there isn't an Alpha and Omega minion that's both of them at once.

And it would be so obvious too! The only problem is at this point where you'd insert it into the drop tables.

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008
Make it craftable using Alpha's Feathers

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

super sweet best pal posted:

WoL is clearly a Dethklok fan

Ahem, that’s a THUNDER HORSE

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Smettbo posted:

Make it craftable using Alpha's Feathers

Craftable using stuffing obtainable from desynthing stuffed Alphas.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I love these little bunnies so much. I would die for them.

lol for real. I could also listen to the DJ music all day long it's so frickin' good.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I got the Cactuar Cutting minion pretty early on and I've never summoned another one.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

For me its my son Vivi/Gigi

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The WoL is just thinking about how loving long it took to farm the lightning pony from Ramuh EX.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I have used the Calamari minion since it added in 2016 and I don't see any reason to change any time soon.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

derra posted:

Starbirds always drop in absolutely terrible runs, and the worst person gets it every time.

You know what you must do.

If that was true I would have five by now

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

my minion is usually whatever the last one i got was, so right now it's (6.3) Halone

but I should switch them up more often (and try and get more)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have minion Roulette on a hotbar and I hammer that whenever I'm waiting for a queue or something

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've been showing off my Starbird ever since I got it like 2 weeks after EW launch.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I always go back to Gaelicat eventually cause it's a flying cat that'll sometimes stand on your shoulder (or head if you're a lalafell). Someday I'll try to get its hooded variant...

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I use Wind-up Qiqirn a lot and sometimes Nana Bear but at the moment it's all Odder Otter

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Namazu #777 for me.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Zhloe forever.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Wish we could assign a minion to a gear set

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i like to use the minion "tender lamb"

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Cait Sith or Fat Cat

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Regalingualius posted:

The second boss of the Hraesvelgr Dungeon during HW post patch content is a Lightning Horse. Admittedly easy to forget between fighting the Moogle Chief and fighting Hraesvelgr.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's kind of the memorable boss of the dungeon to me, but that may be from having more than one Tank's gear shatter on that fight in particular back when it was new and just having to sit and wait for another.
So many people not getting that they needed to NOT get knocked into the electricity, or drop the storm cloud on the party.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Corgi minion or bust. Modded to be a tricolor corgi.

I might be biased.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Corgi minion or bust. Modded to be a tricolor corgi.

I might be biased.

That's a good pup.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

If they added a basset hound minion, that’s all I would ever use.

Idk how popular bassets are in Japan though.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I use the Amaro Hatchling because they're so adorable.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Wish we could assign a minion to a gear set

If you use a macro to change gearsets, you totally can, by adding /minion "minion name" ! :eng101:

I personally use minion roulette all the time, but I do have my gearset macros set to reroll my current minion when I swap jobs.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Allarion posted:

I always go back to Gaelicat eventually cause it's a flying cat that'll sometimes stand on your shoulder (or head if you're a lalafell). Someday I'll try to get its hooded variant...

:same:

I have had both since the start but some day I want to get all the cats.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm just wondering: have past relics used the infinitely grindable tomestones of their time when they first released? I'm really starting to run out of stuff to spend Poetics on, and I'm barely feeling up to getting even more Astronomy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They have in their own expansions, yes, before Stormblood and Shadowbringers decided to do something different.

For example, the Unidentifiable Ore and Seeds for the Anima Weapon used to cost Allagan Tomestones of Law when they were introduced in patch 3.15, and that was the infinitely grindable one as of patch 3.0 (retired in 3.2).