Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Djarum posted:

No just that but not even full sets of hands for anyone. Hell Elektra Daredevil can't even hold her loving sai. All for 27 dollars!

Yes she can, there are product shots on Pulse showing her holding both.

In other news, my order of the WH40k Joytoy Sisters of Battle is getting delivered today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1630965694857658371?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I stand corrected. The packaged shots did not look like they could hold them at all. Granted the my still don’t look like they hold them well which is a shame.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I think I just need Rat King. Maybe Leo.

https://twitter.com/mghtymse21/status/1633937702969290752?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want a last of us 2 rat king

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I wasn’t sure who my Joker would handed off to for final delivery and damnit it’s the worst case scenario. FedEx. Hopefully I see it before April.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1633971774030217221?s=46&t=XKmPLZmtP2VDww9m9owYwA

Maza comes with folded wings for Brooklyn, and Xanatos comes with folded wings for Demona.

I really want to stick to the main Gargoyles only for money and space reasons, but that’s tempting. Especially Maza, she’s basically part of the family.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1633971774030217221?s=46&t=XKmPLZmtP2VDww9m9owYwA

Maza comes with folded wings for Brooklyn, and Xanatos comes with folded wings for Demona.

I really want to stick to the main Gargoyles only for money and space reasons, but that’s tempting. Especially Maza, she’s basically part of the family.

She looks awesome.

Don't remember her having a cat, it's a long time though.

Missed opportunity, she doesn't come with a gun for Broadway.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

The Last Call posted:

She looks awesome.

I don't remember a ton about Gargoyles, but it makes me think of Rosa Diaz from Brooklyn 99.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

She looks awesome.

Lacey, who I remember only because the showrunner said she was named after the back half of 'Cagney & Lacey.'

Didn't Eliza turn into a Gargoyle for an episode? That'd be a fun figure. And there was the weird Demona/Eliza Gargoyle clone they made whose name I do forget.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Lacey, who I remember only because the showrunner said she was named after the back half of 'Cagney & Lacey.'

Didn't Eliza turn into a Gargoyle for an episode? That'd be a fun figure. And there was the weird Demona/Eliza Gargoyle clone they made whose name I do forget.

Demona tried to turn all humans into gargoyles via a spell, it worked. Unfortunately for her it also reversed things with gargoyles becoming people. She was most displeased by this last aspect.

Yes, a Demona/Eliza clone was made, all the gargoyles have one. They were made by Goliath's clone Thailog. They turned on him and became good guys. He was extremely displeased by this last aspect.

That's science for you.

Delilah is a gargoyle living in the Labyrinth. She is Demona's clone, with Elisa Maza's genes used to create cosmetic differences. Due to the latter being human, this makes Delilah a human-gargoyle hybrid.

Eliza as a gargoyle:

If the line is selling well, I fully expect both to be done, for obvious reasons.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Sanschel posted:

It prices out better than the viper three pack which was $90, making that original set of blast effects $15 if the three vipers were $25 each.

True - that Viper 3-pack is one I "boycotted" over the price.
Just wish they'd re-issue the 1st release Cobra Viper, as I don't want to pay secondary market prices.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The more I think about it the less I like Ratking. It's just not a modern version of the old toy. I've read more than once this afternoon that Playmates went and hosed with S7s license and they can't base the new figures off the old toys because Playmates intends to reissue all of them. I don't know this to be true, but it makes sense. Ratking doesn't look like the old toy and neither does April. She shoud be wearing some leopard print leotard.

If this isn't just a one off weird wave, I'm done with the line completely.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo! Tarantula and his pointy chews!

God I haven't seen that character since I was a kid.

Latest purchase for me, gave in and got the official Doom keys replicas. Couldn't help it, they are metal and have their own UAC box.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The Last Call posted:

Demona tried to turn all humans into gargoyles via a spell, it worked. Unfortunately for her it also reversed things with gargoyles becoming people. She was most displeased by this last aspect.

Yes, a Demona/Eliza clone was made, all the gargoyles have one. They were made by Goliath's clone Thailog. They turned on him and became good guys. He was extremely displeased by this last aspect.

That's science for you.

Delilah is a gargoyle living in the Labyrinth. She is Demona's clone, with Elisa Maza's genes used to create cosmetic differences. Due to the latter being human, this makes Delilah a human-gargoyle hybrid.

Eliza as a gargoyle:

If the line is selling well, I fully expect both to be done, for obvious reasons.

They better give us The Pack first.

At least they teased macbeth, FINALLY. I've wanted a good MacBeth figure for decades. I can only hope he comes with a mace along with the sword he clearly has in the teaser pic, so that he and Demona can square off classic style.

Lexington is also coming with another Gargoyle's folded wings, my guess would be Broadway.
Macbeth will probably have Hudson's wings.

Makes me wonder who will get Angela's folded wings, or if she would even have them. Maybe they'll make an Owen figure, or the aforementioned Pack.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Latest purchase for me, gave in and got the official Doom keys replicas. Couldn't help it, they are metal and have their own UAC box.

Wait what is this about Doom key replicas?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Last Call posted:

She looks awesome.

Having a cat was how you know she was career driven.

Maybe it's just me but she looks a shade or two paler than I would expect.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

The more I think about it the less I like Ratking. It's just not a modern version of the old toy. I've read more than once this afternoon that Playmates went and hosed with S7s license and they can't base the new figures off the old toys because Playmates intends to reissue all of them. I don't know this to be true, but it makes sense. Ratking doesn't look like the old toy and neither does April. She shoud be wearing some leopard print leotard.

If this isn't just a one off weird wave, I'm done with the line completely.

If that's true that suuuuuuccckkksss. Updated versions of the old toys is what I love about S7's TMNT line.

At least I got Mondo and Ray. Unfortunately I guess now I won't see Fugitoid and Chromedome, at least not toy-accurate versions.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

If that's true that suuuuuuccckkksss. Updated versions of the old toys is what I love about S7's TMNT line.

At least I got Mondo and Ray. Unfortunately I guess now I won't see Fugitoid and Chromedome, at least not toy-accurate versions.

I sure hope it’s just speculation. That’s not going to explain these very not toy inspired toys though.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

If true, that’s a new low for Playmates in a long career of lows. Not only are they making poo poo toys, they’re trying to make other people’s toys poo poo too? gently caress Playmates!

And speaking of stuff not looking quite right, is anyone else thrown by the art style of those human characters from Gargoyles? They look good, but they don’t look like they’re from the same toy line as the Gargoyles themselves. They look like faithful recreations of cartoon characters, but the Gargoyles were done with realistic musculature and cloth textures and really detailed faces, not cartoons at all. I wasn’t sure if I would spring for the human characters anyway, but I was hoping they would get the same treatment, and I am a little let down.

Edit to add: Maza looks better than Xanatos in this regard but she’s in kind of an in between style.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 10, 2023

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Progress:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

Wait what is this about Doom key replicas?

https://www.merchoid.com/doom-eternal-limited-edition-replica-uac-keycard-collection/

Metal Doom key replicas in a neat lil storage box. That was the only place I found all 3 colors. Only found the red one by itself but the prices ranged from like 30 bucks to 100 bucks for it. Decided to just grab the set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Thanks, ToyFare!

That Miles is really interesting, and another one for the Miles Pile.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Haulathon stuff should go live in about twenty minutes. The TMNT stuff will sell out in about 22. Plenty of Hermans to go around I'd bet.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1634139731016417283?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kotobukiya raising the bar for promo pics

https://twitter.com/Kotobukiya_EN/status/1633660139218821120?s=20

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Horny for vulcans is a contradiction

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Finally got the fig I’ve been chasing for a while now! The Play Arts Kai Chun-Li. Mint in box!

This is a fantastic looking Chun-Li fig. I’m very happy with it. Tried posing it a bit last night but the arm and shoulder joints are a bit creaky and stiff right now. I’m a little afraid of twisting and turning it and breaking another brand-new fig so this pose is the best I can do for now.

Besides the Storm Collectibles figs and the upcoming Jada Toys, I don’t think there are many more Chun-Li figs I want/need. I don’t plan to get the Storm ones because goddamn are those expensive!! I spent a pretty penny getting this one bit I can’t justify the Storm fig prices. Yowza!!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Der-Wreck posted:

Finally got the fig I’ve been chasing for a while now! The Play Arts Kai Chun-Li. Mint in box!

This is a fantastic looking Chun-Li fig. I’m very happy with it. Tried posing it a bit last night but the arm and shoulder joints are a bit creaky and stiff right now. I’m a little afraid of twisting and turning it and breaking another brand-new fig so this pose is the best I can do for now.

Besides the Storm Collectibles figs and the upcoming Jada Toys, I don’t think there are many more Chun-Li figs I want/need. I don’t plan to get the Storm ones because goddamn are those expensive!! I spent a pretty penny getting this one bit I can’t justify the Storm fig prices. Yowza!!

This looks great! I'm definitely jealous of it, I try to keep an eye out for it any time I go hunting but I only ever come across the Ibuki figure.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

3.75" Model Nodes box set at BBTS:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/235500

It says "exclusive," doesn't specify exclusive to what, no idea if other retailers will have it. But at $90 for 7 figures that's not bad, it's like $13 per dude. I'm gettin' it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m sitting here at the hospital, my wife is having a minor surgery. At home though Echo and Hunter are waiting for me. Should I leave her here guys?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Please be joking

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Please be joking

Only the latter part. I’m bored waiting.

Edit: she doesn’t like me jokes either

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 10, 2023

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

I’m sitting here at the hospital, my wife is having a minor surgery. At home though Echo and Hunter are waiting for me. Should I leave her here guys?

What kind of surgery

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Look at it this way.

If you leave, chances are you going to wake up one day to find the heads of all your toys in bed next to you and the rest of the body parts too disturbing to describe.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

What kind of surgery

Oh it’s minor. Just an endoscopy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hope it all goes well, Joe.

The_Doctor posted:

Please be joking

Ah, brings to mind the tale of a WoW goon who went raiding from his laptop at the hospital while his wife was giving birth (I think), only finally going offline when his guildmates realised where he was and booted him for it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Look at it this way.

If you leave, chances are you going to wake up one day to find the heads of all your toys in bed next to you and the rest of the body parts too disturbing to describe.

I can see that honestly. Add in the fact she hasn’t eaten real food in two days and it could get messy.

Sentinel Red posted:

Hope it all goes well, Joe.

Ah, brings to mind the tale of a WoW goon who went raiding from his laptop at the hospital while his wife was giving birth (I think), only finally going offline when his guildmates realised where he was and booted him for it.

I’d forgotten about that story! I’ll be doing homework once they wheel her back, that’s been approved.

Thanks!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

_____________________/

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Oh it’s minor. Just an endoscopy.

Sounds like it may be the endoyomarriage if you leave!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Sounds like it may be the endoyomarriage if you leave!

Haha probably so.