Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I hope next week is 4 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I feel like if I was paying for Honor Club and didn't get at least eight hours a month I'd be feeling ripped off

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I got to hear this theme twice on the first episode and it was great. I'm kind of upset they broke Parker off from the group and Sonny Kiss never shows up, because I could be getting to hear this theme FOUR times per episode. I think there was a Dark once where we got it thrice, it was sublime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj80_UPij9c

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Man Scout!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Nobody is watching?

Mark Briscoe just challenged Samoa Joe for the TV title

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Taxman posted:

Nobody is watching?

I am watching.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Taxman posted:

Nobody is watching?

Just tuned in. Is this a SCoH match or for TV?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Matt Taven :)

I'm not in the cry closet!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MelvinRafTer

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Better than I've seen Trish Adora look.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Great match, wrong person went over.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Taxman posted:

Nobody is watching?

I thought it aired at 8pm :(

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

I really love how much they've leaned into the Slim J tank top thing

bartok
May 10, 2006

I like the Slim J

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
how the gently caress do you watch the current episode from the beginning in the browser, this website is so bad

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Clark just made me realize: Who's the idiot who named it Blackpool Combat Club instead of Jon Claud BryDan

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rhett Titus looks like Richard Brake from Barbarian.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The mad king is here

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

this Dejo guy is going over

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Spoiler alert for this upcoming match: it rules

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Dickhead Claudio is great

This match should rule

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Digging Athena's gear

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
That was sick from Athena. This is really great

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Great main event.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

loving great main event. Excellent second week of ROH.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

That was sick from Athena. This is really great

I'm always surprised at how drat strong Athena is

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Seeing Athena become this ruthless monster makes me want to see how she'd do in a lights out match. I bet she'd loving rule.

That was a really awesome main event. I enjoyed the entire show too.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'm always surprised at how drat strong Athena is

she powerbombed the crap out of brooke havok this week on dark, like 6 in a row

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Push Willow

Bring Athena back to dynamite

Thank you

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jackie D posted:

Push Willow

Bring Athena back to dynamite

Thank you

I’m glad Athena is tearing it up in ROH but she should be on Dynamite as well cause she rules

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Seams posted:

I’m glad Athena is tearing it up in ROH but she should be on Dynamite as well cause she rules

I feel like for most of the initial crop of nu-ROH Tony just needed to get the belts on AEW talent until he knew what was going on with the TV deal. Now that the show has launched we’ll see them start to switch back over to the people he wants on that roster full time

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
settling in to watch and the episode 2 replay isn't working :(

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ROHThoughts

Ooh, titles.

1) Samoa Joe vs Tony Deppen. Joe is such a great monster. Deppen is literally punching above his weight. Easy to forget how agile Joe is. Deppen has believable agile shine. Nice example of how a small guy can fight a monster. Obviously Joe wins, then gives a dominant promo and... gently caress yes. Mark Briscoe challenges. Excellent.

Great deranged Dalton Castle promo. They've been moving furniture!

2) Dalton Castle and The Boys vs Some Jobbers. Energetic one sided match. Marcus Kross is solid, as is Cody Chhun, would like to see them do something.

The Kingdom. Matt Taven. Matt Taven says Melvins a lot. Mike Bennett calls out Top Flight. Taven says they've literally won gold everywhere they've gone. Which they haven't.

3) Spanish Announce Project vs La Faccion Ingobernable (Rush and Dralistico). Serpentico is a super fun jobber, but Angelico is a ZSJ level grapplefuck guy. Why isn't he going for the Pure Title? Fun match, wanted Angelico to do more.

Rush tears off Serpentico's mask! Oh no! Ben Dejo needs to come out and save him!

4) Trish Adora vs Billie Starkz. Oh poo poo yes. Nice feeling out process at the start. Trish is stronger but Billie is quick. Oh poo poo that was a brutal slam on the apron. Wish the crowd were more into this because it rocks. Lovely hard strikes. Abrupt finish but I liked this a lot.

Christopher Daniels interview. Teases bringing The Addiction back. Forms a team with Matt Sydal. That's cool. First mention of tag team titles.

5) Jake Crist and Jake Manning vs Slim J and Ari Daivari. Matching vests! I love Manscout, haven't seen Crist much before. Crist has some vicious strikes. Obviously the Trustbusters win, and Smart Mark gets Ari the mic.

Metalik runs out, Daivari and J beat him up. Blake Christian makes the save, I would be happy to see this match.

6) Wheeler Yuta vs Timothy Thatcher. Been looking forward to this. This is hard and technical from the start. Thatcher is a bully. Yuta is no longer a rookie. Lots of creative grappling. This is a long match. Compelling if you like technical wrestling, but it would be a tough sell on TV. This was loving great. Heeler Yuta.

Post match promo from Yuta calling out the LA Dojo. Clark Connors! gently caress yes. Solid promo and we get a match set for next week. Nice.

7) Aussie Open vs Rhett Titus and Tracy Williams. Good looking tag match. The crowd don't know the "Aussie Aussie Aussie" chant right. Solid and hard hitting match. Impressed by Titus and Williams. "spine to spine, like piercing a toast" Was that a Birdcage reference from Ian? Some wild stuff out of the ring. Aussie Open battle out a win in a great hot blooded match.

8) Ben Dejo vs Eddie Kingston. Best jobber name ever. Something snake like about this dude. Eddie makes short work here, with some nice machine gun chops. Then calls out Claudio. Claudio says Eddie has no honour and leaves. Nicely done.

Willow promo package. Good balance of cute and tough. Great Athena response.

9) Athena vs Willow Nightingale. Really good, really rugged match between talent who can really perform. Felt angry and personal in the best way, and the crowd LOVE Willow. Roll up reversal of a fujiwara arm bar was lovely. Athena having to dig deep. Willow hits a Pounce that nearly murders a cameraman. Athena kicks out of a gutwrench powerbomb. Incredible tough match. Athena won but it could have gone either way.

Good show. Of the two weeks, this one felt better produced and had more section to section drive.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Dense furniture

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lamuella posted:

Dalton Castle and The Boys vs Some Jobbers. Energetic one sided match. Marcus Kross is solid, as is Cody Chhun, would like to see them do something.
Chhun and Guillermo are the tag team C4 on the west coast indies, and they own. Worth checking out their Defy/Prestige/West Coast Pro stuff. Cody Chhun had an incredible match with Nick Wayne in Defy last month.

New ROH feels it'll be in flux for a while, but I can already see what they're trying to do with it - it's a good mix of OG ROH nostalgia, late-era ROH mainstays, and Dark wrestlers getting actual time instead of jobbing in 4 minutes. I wonder if Elevation will change its format now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ganso Bomb posted:

God drat.

Very stoked for Trish/Billie.

That was a drat good match. It's nuts that Billie Starkz is 18, because she's already so polished. Obviously still room for improvement, but she's got vicious looking strikes and her transitions are solid, which are both problems for so many of AEW's women.

Also Lariat Tubman is one of the best move names I've heard.

It's so much fun seeing Dalton and the Boys in action, and I love the "Dal-ton Cas-tle! AND! THE! BOYS!" chants. That promo was also excellent, bragging about moving a lot of heavy furniture as their warmup. Owns. Overall that was a hell of a show. I'm just gonna say it: RoH is my favourite western wrestling right now, even though that may be recency bias brought on by this week's disappointing Dynamite. It reminds me of early AEW in the best way. Or I guess it would be more accurate to say that early AEW was a lot like RoH even though I didn't know it at the time.

E: Yuta is a really good wrestler and I really like him, but I just can't buy him as a sadistic bastard. He seems too nice, whereas for instance with Timothy Thatcher he somehow looks like he just rolled out of Stu Hart's dungeon and is itching to pull someone's limbs out of their sockets.

E2: I think it's the gear and his look. He's got too clean a haircut, his beard is styled, he's got colourful and stylized (ugly as it may be) gear. Thatcher, Mox, Danielson, Suzuki and all the other real violence freaks look like they don't give a gently caress about anything other than cranking someone's arm into pretzels, and certainly not their look. Maybe if he grew out his beard and hair and just wore basic black gear or something?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 10, 2023

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
When Khan was on the scrum after Revolution I get the idea that ROH is going to be the show he wish he could book without having to worry about ratings and analytics breakdowns with Dynamite & Rampage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I’m enjoying the variety of tv or ppv quality matches coupled with dark-like matches broken up with short promos and packages all in the same ep. Has a pretty good flow to it