Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The twin Cinderella stories of Sacramento and Philadelphia

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

I grant Philly permission to free Ant from Minnesota, even though I like watching him wear the dog logo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
is Zion going to be this generation of players' big "what if"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

if he isn't, it will be a miracle of modern medicine. philly was able to pull it off with embiid so far, but he sat out his first two years getting right and has been carefully managed ever since.

zion probably needs to do something similar, but he also rather famously only started eating right this off-season so i have serious doubts that even if he did it that he would have the kind of commitment to The Process that embiid did to be able to play his 50-60 games a season

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zion needs to move to a city with bad food so he can finally lose the extra weight.

Cavs opportunity???

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

indigi posted:

if not zion then it's it's probably simmons and if he remotely enjoyed playing and improving at the game of basketball

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

indigi posted:

lol... Zion is decrepit by this age of 2023

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Philly 76ers is an interesting team. Here is a bunch of very well-paid people looking at Zion, a 13th-place team center, and going, I want a piece of that.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Man Musk posted:

Philly 76ers is an interesting team. Here is a bunch of very well-paid people looking at Zion, a 13th-place team center, and going, I want a piece of that.

They were 3rd place before Zion got hurt

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Luka and Durant hurt again. I'm convinced there are sleeper agents hired by Eastern conference teams my Sacramento Kings to ensure that the East Kings establishes supremacy throughout the NBA after 20 years of inferiority

The instagram video of Ja wasn't real it was a crisis actor

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 9, 2023

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Azathoth posted:

if he isn't, it will be a miracle of modern medicine. philly was able to pull it off with embiid so far, but he sat out his first two years getting right and has been carefully managed ever since.

zion probably needs to do something similar, but he also rather famously only started eating right this off-season so i have serious doubts that even if he did it that he would have the kind of commitment to The Process that embiid did to be able to play his 50-60 games a season
people simply were not intended to be as large as zion and embiid. the human body just does not scale that well

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Yossarian-22 posted:

Luka and Durant hurt again. I'm convinced there are sleeper agents hired by Eastern conference teams my Sacramento Kings to ensure that the East Kings establishes supremacy throughout the NBA after 20 years of inferiority

The instagram video of Ja wasn't real it was a crisis actor

Free Ja!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

OKC did me dirty tonite, losing their ridiculous double digits point spread. Fellas!!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Been running some sims on NBA (and soon WNBA in May). In the backcasting phase... we'll see if it has potential.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

indigi posted:

a modern day grant hill

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hope Zion gets better

Zion ftw

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

people simply were not intended to be as large as zion and embiid. the human body just does not scale that well

modern sports medicine has done a lot in the last 20 years for guys like that, but at a minimum, they gotta not do dumb things like Zion and train and eat properly even in the off-season. it seems like Zion might be finally realizing he needs to do that, but only time will tell if he's already done irreversible structural damage.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hope Zion gets better

Zion ftw

also this, he's a blast to watch play and i hope he heals and plays for a long time

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hope Zion gets better

Zion ftw

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Vox Nihili posted:

Zion needs to move to a city with bad food so he can finally lose the extra weight.

Cavs opportunity???

Cleveland has some good restaurants, don't let the punchline that Cleveland is fool you (still a punchline, just not for food)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

kyries cooking again i see

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you'd think three seasons with KD would have taught him how to be a better poster. he's just saying he's mad rather than DMing Michael rappaport. amateur hour

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hmm earlier when I googled Kyrie I just saw it being reported as him being mad at fans and the media. but then I found this

https://twitter.com/NBA_NewYork/status/1633786133657051137?s=20

red brown alliance incoming??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

literally the caverns of cobolt.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
The warriors need to get Kuminga or Looney in there now or this game is over already.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

hmm earlier when I googled Kyrie I just saw it being reported as him being mad at fans and the media. but then I found this

https://twitter.com/NBA_NewYork/status/1633786133657051137?s=20

red brown alliance incoming??

kyrie spitting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

god drat the nets suck rear end

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zion is like the kid from my hero academia where he has more power than his body can handle

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it also makes it even more apparent how absolutely insane lebron's longevity has been

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

god drat the nets suck rear end
Yup. Hope they win lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shear Modulus posted:

it also makes it even more apparent how absolutely insane lebron's longevity has been

lebron has never really relied on athleticism though, has he?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lemickeys skills involve crying to the refs

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fart simpson posted:

Just staying on the court for that many games is insane and the people he's been passing on the games list were not playing at the level he is playing at when he passed them, athleticism or not.

Kareem had a solid season at 38 years old, but he had less games played at that point, and after a quick poke around basketball reference Robert Parrish is the only other player I can find on the list of players who played the most who had anything approximating high level play at 38. The rest were shadows by that point.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fart simpson posted:

He absolutely did. prime lebron was faster and stronger than everyone else on the court. The only area where it was apparent he wasn't in the very top tier in the league was that KD was a better shooter and there were players taller than him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

his only contemporaries who were as explosive as he was were westbrook, rose, and maybe wade, and all of their bodies fell apart.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Azathoth posted:

Just staying on the court for that many games is insane and the people he's been passing on the games list were not playing at the level he is playing at when he passed them, athleticism or not.

Kareem had a solid season at 38 years old, but he had less games played at that point, and after a quick poke around basketball reference Robert Parrish is the only other player I can find on the list of players who played the most who had anything approximating high level play at 38. The rest were shadows by that point.

Tim Duncan was pretty loving good in 2013-2014 at 38 when the Spurs won the title, and then he was third team all NBA the very next season. His defensive plus minus was the best in the NBA (per basketball reference) in his final season when he would turn 40

But offensively nobody even scratches Lebron at 38 years old

Edit: Stockton/Malone also played at a pretty high level into their 40s as much as I want to cancel them

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 10, 2023

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

his only contemporaries who were as explosive as he was were westbrook, rose, and maybe wade, and all of their bodies fell apart.

In terms of sheer speed, John Wall is crazy but can't shoot or finish like the rest. He makes Westbrook look like Ray Allen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The last time the Knicks and Kings were this many games above .500 when they played each other, Jalen Brunson's dad Rick was on the Knicks. He averaged 1.3 ppg for them back in 2001 over 15 games for a total of 20 points and played with 9 teams over the course of his career. Jalen has 19 at half