Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Capitals were terrible except for Rasmus Sandin who played almost 30 minutes and actually came out above 50% in shots, goals, and xG despite the team getting run out of the building at 5v5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Edit: I want to note that tonight is the 3rd game in a row against the Isles the Penguins have been leading by 2+ goals and failed to win. I'm sure that will make some of you happy :)

I gotta tell ya guys, this is pretty terrific.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think the Oilers should play Jack Campbell against the Leafs on Saturday. Because it’s uh… the right thing to do, for him.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
here lies buffalo. you tried

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

In Penguins news this team is loving dog poo poo. Completely incapable of closing games out. It feels like it's the 10th game the Pens have given away a goal to the opposition when they've had the goalie pulled. Jarry ends up posting an .857 which is worse than the .877 he's been posting since returning from injury.

Probably more accurate to say he returned while still injured. To be fair, how could the Pens possibly have known Casey DeSmith isn't good enough for anything more than back-to-back spot duty in the NHL, or that Tristan Jarry is constantly injured, they've only been on the team for 5 years.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dallas with a 10 spot tonight. Beats losing in OT for the 15th time. As long as we can score our way to the finals, whoever comes out of the Bloodbath East™ broken af gonna have some work.

Go Stars!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It must be hilarious to Stars fans that DeBoer would have won the Jack Adams but it's going to go to Jim Montgomery instead.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

I think the Oilers should play Jack Campbell against the Leafs on Saturday. Because it’s uh… the right thing to do, for him.

What's the record for saves in a shutout?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
It's actually very good for the Panthers that Pens-Isles went to OT with the Isles winning. The Panthers need to finish 9th in the conference desperately so that they can't give a top 5 pick to Montreal should they win the lottery and so that they can justifiably fire Paul Maurice. Thank you Penguins for melting down.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

What's the record for saves in a shutout?

It is Oilers' legend Ben Scrivens with 59.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Eric the Mauve posted:

It must be hilarious to Stars fans that DeBoer would have won the Jack Adams but it's going to go to Jim Montgomery instead.

Power to Monty. Substance abuse is a loving monster and he should probably get the award and the masters as well-if we extend it to coaches. We can all beat our demons and it's great to see someone winning that fight.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Carolina's back on a 122 point pace :stare:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Cocaine Bear posted:

Power to Monty. Substance abuse is a loving monster and he should probably get the award and the masters as well-if we extend it to coaches. We can all beat our demons and it's great to see someone winning that fight.

Speaking of that, Jakub Vrana scored tonight for St. Louis! Hopefully he decides to be a good influence this time around!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hextall hosed the Pens with almost every move he's made this year and Sullivan has also been terrible. Unfortunate.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

AsInHowe posted:

Speaking of that, Jakub Vrana scored tonight for St. Louis! Hopefully he decides to be a good influence this time around!

We’ll obviously never know the full story about what happened in Detroit, but the Wings waiving him after he came back from rehab seemed like a weird dick move. What the hell went on between him and the team? Offensively he looked great

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Oilers are good awoooooo

That was a tight game but what a brutal gwg to give up lol

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

Hextall hosed the Pens with almost every move he's made this year and Sullivan has also been terrible. Unfortunate.

What's your criticisms of Sullivan? Like I could say the powerplay has been horrific and the PK *should be* worse than it's shown thus far.....other than when it was the worst in the league to start.

But, for me, this is 100% Hextall's fault. All of it. He signed the players. He traded the players. He dumped the salary and added an absolutely loving nothing piece in Granlund. You know who could have also fit in that cap space? Jakob Chychrun. Yeah Ottawa gets a freaking STEALLLLLLllllllllll on a player that would do more to improve the Penguins than pretty much any move this side of trading for Kessel AND THE PENS WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE HAD TO SEND MONEY TO ARIZONA JUST LIKE OTTAWA. Jeff Petry? Sucks. Downgrade on Marino.

You know what else is part of Hextall's job? Take players away from his coach that are hurting the team. That means (specifically in this case) Dumoulin. He's paid to make the hard decisions. Instead he's a loving coward. Moving Matheson and Marino out were also cowardly. This team would have been better served running it back with those 2 than being stuck with an old as gently caress Petry and Jan Rutta stinking the place up.

Edit: and you know what. I'm willing to give Sullivan a lot of rope. He's the one that said 'I want Chycrun. Go get him.' Sullivan is the one that went 'Give me E Rod' last year. And wow E Rod is a barrrrrrrrgain for Colorado right now. Just loving utter embarrassment from Hextall.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 10, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Malkin just refused to shoot tonight despite having quite a few open looks

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

That's been the thing he does when he's pissed off about something for years, which makes me wonder what's going on (e: yeah it might just be that his wrist is shot too)

re: rex's doomposting about Hextall, supposedly ownership is enamored of Sullivan, so I would take seriously the possibility that Sullivan is more of an influence behind the Get Older Get Slower rosterbuilding especially over the past year or so and ownership won't let Hextall overrule him, and Hextall in turn of course won't part with a first round pick (I still don't really believe he offered two of them for J.T. Miller). I also love Sullivan but I have to admit it would explain a lot.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 10, 2023

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Malkin's wrist has been hosed up forever and he barely takes wrist shots anymore. Same for Sid. Both do a lot of snap shots or half clappers. Neither can generate good velocity on a proper wrist shot. We try not to talk about it.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Oilers are good awoooooo

I'll be the judge of that next Thursday evening when my Stars are in town to kick their rear end. So hyped up, my first Dallas game in a long while.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the Bruins could have locked up a playoff spot tonight but they blew it. Although they kept McDavid off the scoresheet, so that's pretty good. It seems like Montgomery is tinkering around and trying out different combinations, pairings, strategies, etc., now that they don't have much to play for. They definitely looked off tonight though.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

What's your criticisms of Sullivan?

Jeff Carter usage. Brian Dumoulin usage.

Stubbornly sticking with combinations that didn't work for way too long (Guentzel-Crosby-Rust for example). The team's inability to defend leads. The team's frequent lovely starts or just total no shows. Bad special teams.

Scratching useful players (DOC/POJ)

I don't know if he's been terrible maybe I'm overreacting a bit by saying that but he's been a heavily flawed coach this year imo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

fisting by many posted:

It is Oilers' legend Ben Scrivens with 59.

Hmm… former Leafs goaltender… was actually bad… playing for the Oilers when he set the record…

I’m seeing a flaw in my plan

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/1634027094605692928?s=20

This is breaking my brain right now. Sullivan talking about expected goals when referencing the powerplay's work and yet he just throws Jeff Carter to the wolves night after night and accepts the results he's getting from him

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

AsInHowe posted:

Hells yeah 💪

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I don't care about gambling commercials vs any other BUT the announcers talking about hot bets on fanduel is a bridge too far.

At least when joe buck is telling you about the hottest new show it's funny because you know it's the kiss of death.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The islanders finish 4-0 on the season vs the pens and it feels drat good

You could blame hextall, Sullivan, the players themselves, but personally after reading 8000 words from PAS here about how much the islanders suck I'm inclined to believe you all manifested this yourselves imo

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Cool little play from Meier tonight:

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1634018544433221632

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/ADiMarco25/status/1634073353332969474?t=pdYna7s7Eg_misWsa37JFA&s=19

Danny Briere, come on down!!!! *nothing changes*

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

In Penguins news this team is loving dog poo poo. Completely incapable of closing games out. It feels like it's the 10th game the Pens have given away a goal to the opposition when they've had the goalie pulled. Jarry ends up posting an .857 which is worse than the .877 he's been posting since returning from injury. He gave up 4 goals on 2.64 expected. Most of the usual suspect were out for goals against - Dumoulin 2 against, Carter 2 against, new boy Granlund 0 for 2 against, and the new boy Kulikov has shown up and had 2 go in while on the ice tonight and 1 against CBJ for a net of 3 against 0 for.

So A+ job Ron Hextall. You really addressed the Pens needs. Josh Archibald technically gets credit for a goal tonight deflecting a puck with his glove so hey depth scoring. Tristan Jarry has been legitimately awful since his return. If you're heading to the playoffs you better be praying you get the Pens because this team is getting swept.

Edit: I want to note that tonight is the 3rd game in a row against the Isles the Penguins have been leading by 2+ goals and failed to win. I'm sure that will make some of you happy :)

This rules.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Cocaine Bear posted:

Speaking of substances , have you seen the movie based on your posting yet ? (Also you are 100% right but man I wish Monty picked a different team to coach to one of the best season records of all time).

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah, I'm not gonna hold my breath that anything significant is about to happen. Dave Scott on down need to go

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

GM John Torts, a name you can trust

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

corn on the cop posted:

here lies buffalo. you tried

i hate my life and want to die

Edit: they gave up ten goals but somehow Ilya Lyubushkin was +1 lmao

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 10, 2023

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ginette Reno posted:

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/1634027094605692928?s=20

This is breaking my brain right now. Sullivan talking about expected goals when referencing the powerplay's work and yet he just throws Jeff Carter to the wolves night after night and accepts the results he's getting from him
Feels very much like the stubborness of Bylsma to never change

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Flyers and Penguins are going to trade GMs today

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It really seems like drafting your executives exclusively from a pool of people that have no education and tons of concussions results in a bit of a mixed bag of talent in management

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

The Flyers and Penguins are going to trade GMs today

IMO the Pens should just take Rutherford and Allvin back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

IMO the Pens should just take Rutherford and Allvin back.

gently caress that, if we're recycling where's our buddy Ray Shero