Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It says “this activity is a fixed difficulty” without saying what the power delay actually is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
my titan was below 1790 so got bumped up to 1790, so it would make sense that would be the intended power delta you were locked at, but also bungie

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Reiterpallasch posted:

my titan was below 1790 so got bumped up to 1790, so it would make sense that would be the intended power delta you were locked at, but also bungie

Did you solo legendary? Or normal?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i was unaware there were two difficulties, so almost certainly normal, gently caress. definitely doing that on legend on warlock.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah they didn't really tell the player anything about the extra rewards here. Once you've beaten it on normal you can go back in to get the gun upgrades each week (secret chests) and separately can also beat it on Legendary for the catalysts each week

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My hat

https://i.imgur.com/yQjn8ew.gifv

Have I showed you it?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

victrix posted:

nope, not only is there no real need, they've stated they're not increasing the power cap this year afaik, so once you cap out you don't need to think about it until the final parallelogram comes out

Next season is confirmed to have no increased power cap.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Who needs a hat when you can be a unicorn

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Brakion fight is the worst yet holy poo poo.

Who thought this unfun slog was a good thing to put in a fast paced FPS?

e: when you do the emote where you dont look at an explosion while in titan strand super it throws your claw over your shoulder with the lighter, it's funny

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 10, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I honestly don't get how people consider that quest to be difficult or even take very long. I am not good at this game and I had no trouble with it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Who needs a hat when you can be a unicorn

:chanpop:

This is incredible. More Emote research is needed...

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

woo!

e: E15 is the way

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 10, 2023

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kith posted:

I honestly don't get how people consider that quest to be difficult or even take very long. I am not good at this game and I had no trouble with it.

the second phase of the fight is every unfun thing in lightfall mashed together

1) infinite spawns
2) you can get bounced off the edge
3) short damage phase, but not one in which you can solely focus on damaging the boss because see point 1)
4) stupid loving puzzle that wasn't fun the first 6 times we had to do it in the same mission

And this phase is also bookended by two other (admittedly way easier) phases and if you mess up even once the entire time well gently caress you do it all again no checkpoints.

I just hate it. Previously, there was always room to breathe in a fight even in hard-ish stuff that I did. In this it just takes for loving ever and is exhausting. It only took me two tries to do that boss fight and I never want to see it again, and I certainly won't be pushing myself to solo legendary like I did in Seraph Shield.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6ZAFY9LV8

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Played thru the WQ campaign for the first time. Savathun owns and I hope they write her back in at some point.

Humanity will befriend the Hive and the Vex before we're through.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Meiteron posted:

Well, the Lightfall campaign can be summarized as "do a bunch of pointless bullshit and then the Witness wins anyway", going by the name Season of the Deep is very obviously going to have a hive focus. It stands to reason this is about the time someone is gonna say "hey, didn't Savathun have a bunch of anti-Witness plans", we're gonna let Immaru bring her back and she'll get an opportunity to go "good loving job idiots I loving told you so".

I would love it just to hear Sassathûn sass us even harder than before. The VA is so goddamned good at delivering the character lines and while I'm sad we didn't get more of her I'm also happy bungie didn't run her into the ground.

Broke the 1800 barrier, got my rank 7 bs done, lol at these requirements for each rank not taking certain previous things you've done into account. Holy lol. Legend avalon is bs with the boops so I'm saying gently caress that until tomorrow.

I can't wait for the witness to come back out of the portal and tell Xivu to park her war moon somewhere he can't smell it. Dude is cool and good and I hope he turns us into the final shape: GUN

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

fast cars loose anus posted:

do that boss fight and I never want to see it again,

That Lightfall Feeling

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

PathAsc posted:

I would love it just to hear Sassathûn sass us even harder than before. The VA is so goddamned good at delivering the character lines and while I'm sad we didn't get more of her I'm also happy bungie didn't run her into the ground.

"Now look down at that little gun in your hand and tell me... what it is you think you're going to do with that thing."

That line has a ton of menace and concern in it, but then you find out the witness is just a guy you can probably shoot with a rocket.

Bungie is okay at writing when they don't need to actually show you what they're writing about.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Been enjoying a hunter strand swing around and bash everything build. The part in Terminal Override with a bunch of harpies in the air was a blast and I barely touched the ground. Now we need some Spiderman cosmetics.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:chanpop:

This is incredible. More Emote research is needed...

Explain ur "chose to be gay" comment, pussy

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Uh no need for misogyny

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Panderfringe posted:

"Now look down at that little gun in your hand and tell me... what it is you think you're going to do with that thing."

"Careful now. You could take someone's eye out with that thing."

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Anyone planning on watching the raid race? I was going to have it on in the background while I'm working.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Uh no need for misogyny

Mea culpa

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Panderfringe posted:

That line has a ton of menace and concern in it, but then you find out the witness is just a guy you can probably shoot with a rocket.

Bungie is okay at writing when they don't need to actually show you what they're writing about.

DancingShade posted:

"Careful now. You could take someone's eye out with that thing."

Hell yeah, so drat good. Holy poo poo a Savvy vs Lakshmi debate in the tower would be loving cool but uh oh well

CottonWolf posted:

Anyone planning on watching the raid race? I was going to have it on in the background while I'm working.

If there's a one that doesn't have idiot streamer bullshit all over the screen and the face box I will. Otherwise idk.

Anyone else hit 7 and the mod unlocks not show up for your armor? Is it maybe locked behind the raid race?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Panderfringe posted:

Still think that line would be funnier if you were holding Touch of Malice.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

super hype for the final shape kfc 8-piece dark meat bucket.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If there are any major lore reveals during the raid, can someone post them spoilered for me? I'm going to read the raid armour sets in collections, but I can't be arsed to wait a week or so for a team to get their run under an hour so I can watch it on youtube.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Astrochicken posted:

super hype for the final shape kfc 8-piece dark meat bucket.

Post/name combo checks out

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Will I actually get a day 1 this time, or will I get stuck on the 2nd encounter for 4 hours again? Only time will tell

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

necrotic grips have been disabled 10 minutes before raid launch.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

good luck to all the goons fighting the real raid boss today: bungie code

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Snapes N Snapes posted:

It's the title of the Lore entry. Did you ever stop hating women?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I'm watching the raid and I love how beautiful and dumb the idea of massive light plants loving up a pyramid ship is.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
who is everyone watching for the day1 raid?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
That first encounter looked so fun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Click this link to learn all raid guns, perks, archetypes etc

https://archive.destiny.report/root-of-nightmares

This link also starts with the Raid Exotic

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Click this link to learn all raid guns, perks, archetypes etc

https://archive.destiny.report/root-of-nightmares

This link also starts with the Raid Exotic

Of loving course its a double barrel shotgun. I don't raid so this hurts my soul :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mesadoram posted:

That first encounter looked so fun.

Yeah. Not too complicated, all in the execution.