Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 3/7

HM: Jack Cartwheel vs. Konosuke Takeshita

2nd, I think a lot of AEW fans will see Takeshita in a role they haven't seen him in before and it rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

fez_machine posted:

BAKA GAIJIN + FRIENDS VOL. 3 07/03/2023

HM: A bunch of comedy matches (Jerusalem ignore this, just wanted to indicate that they were a lot of fun and the whole show is worth watching)

MOTYC:

Chris Brookes vs. Yukihi Maya

You've never seen a match as high workrate or as stiff as this one in as small an area as this one. Got a This Is Awesome chant from Will Ospreay/Aussie Open manning the hardcam.

Go out of your way to see it.

Available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlsiU4mlxY

if not I or Chris Brookes will bootleg it.

nth!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC:

You've never seen a match as high workrate or as stiff as this one in as small an area as this one. Got a This Is Awesome chant from Will Ospreay/Aussie Open manning the hardcam.

Hell yeah, nth. Got a good laugh out of seeing Fletcher's wild cheering for Yukihi during her entrance, then saw a war in a 6 foot square

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC:

lmao. nth.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 3/7

nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GLEAT LIDET UWF Ver.3 March 7th
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JTH1eCRPnQ
MOTYC
Tetsuya Izuchi vs Shinya Aoki
- Thought this was a drat near perfect contest between youthful fire and grappling genius

Takanori Ito vs Dan Tamura
- loving brutal, he's such a silly looking man but drat can Tamura take damage

HM
Seichi Ikemoto vs Hideki Sekine
Soma Watanabe vs Hikaru Sato

These shows are such a treat, G-Pro can be hit or miss for me but the UWF shows are consistently entertaining, only thing I didn't like was Minoru Tanaka vs Yu Iizuka being so short

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
26th February
Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 13
Rey de Parejas A Block
D'courage (Madoka Kiktuta & Yuki Yoshioka) vs M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Jr)
Watch this here

HM
28th February
New Japan Fantasticamania Night 6
Hechicero vs Soberano Jr
Watch this here

Edit: I actually went back to this 15 minutes later just to make sure I actually included both halves of the matches this time. I had fortunately, so that's an upgrade on usual

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Mar 8, 2023

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WMOTYC: Mark Davis vs Toru Yano - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 2 (3/8)

Over ten minutes of dire Yano comedy with a dead crowd and a brightly lit building. Absolutely the worst NJPW match of the year

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Over ten minutes of dire Yano comedy with a dead crowd and a brightly lit building. Absolutely the worst NJPW match of the year

Nth. And a WMOTYC for EVIL vs Ren Narita as well.

Somehow the worst set of matches on the tour were even more terrible than expected.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 3/7

nth

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm extremely over Toru Yano about 80% of the time Nthed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Blake Christian, Ring of Honor, 02/03
HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Josh Woods, Ring of Honor, 02/03
HM: Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs. AR Fox, Ring of Honor, 02/03

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: David Finlay vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW 51st Anniversary Show, 06/03
HM: Bishamon (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada/Hiroshi Tanahashi, NJPW 51st Anniversary Show, 06/03

I am the forum's biggest David Finlay mark and I don't give a gently caress

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NWA Power 3/8

WMOTYC: Beast Mode vs Trevor Murdoch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1yedgqi_4

The wrestler so incredible I had to create a thread, but he deserve the nomination here. This is the worst match you will see in TYOOL 2023 unless we get my dream match, Beast Mode vs Tyrus. Just click the video, you'll love it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
MOTYC: Hangman v. Mox, Texas Death Match, AEW Revolution

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

The wrestler so incredible I had to create a thread, but he deserve the nomination here. This is the worst match you will see in TYOOL 2023 unless we get my dream match, Beast Mode vs Tyrus. Just click the video, you'll love it.

Nth

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

I'm laughing so hard. Nthing this.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

Nth, this is the greatest talent addition NWA can get.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

Nth

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Price Check posted:

Nth. And a WMOTYC for EVIL vs Ren Narita as well.

Somehow the worst set of matches on the tour were even more terrible than expected.

2nd to yano vs mark davis and evil vs nartia as wmotyc

as well as a nth to nwa beast mode vs trevor murdoch

nwa really does deserve more wmotycs because they're actually god awful shows top to bottom but no ones going to actually subject themselves to that

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

lmao nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

Folks what if I told you there is a match that is as bad or worse on the same show, and it is not the EC3 match!

WMOTYC: Gaagz The Gimp vs Sal The Pal (Mask vs Hair)

Imagine 2007 Abyss vs 2007 Abyss, except worse workers and NXT Shawn Michaels is the agent, but 2007 Vince Russo is still booking the finish.

And from the 3/8 AEW Dynamite

HM: Will Hobbs vs Wardlow

This rocked!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
scrolling through the video to find out nwa is doing max the impaler vs taya valkyrie and frowning because both deserved better and that match to be literally booked anywhere else

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Folks what if I told you there is a match that is as bad or worse on the same show, and it is not the EC3 match!

WMOTYC: Gaagz The Gimp vs Sal The Pal (Mask vs Hair)

Imagine 2007 Abyss vs 2007 Abyss, except worse workers and NXT Shawn Michaels is the agent, but 2007 Vince Russo is still booking the finish.

Okay yeah nthing this

How do you do a mask vs hair match where nothing changes? They found a way!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

MassRafTer posted:

This rocked!

Nth, plus:

HM: JAS vs. Top Flight & AR Fox

e:

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

Nth, my God this was terrible. Match was awful enough on its own but what really baffled me was the decision to have a debuting monster lose his first match. Corgan is such a loving moron.

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 9, 2023

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MassRafTer posted:

And from the 3/8 AEW Dynamite

This rocked!

Nthing this one.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

Nth this is so stupid.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

Just utterly horrible, nth.

Also congrats on Van Hammer and Raven's son joining the business and interfering in the match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

HM: A bunch of comedy matches (Jerusalem ignore this, just wanted to indicate that they were a lot of fun and the whole show is worth watching)

MOTYC:

This gets a nth from me.

Whole show is a delight but Brookes vs Yukihi rules. Chris & Drew WON Awards best bookers

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH on HonorClub 3/9

HM: Rhett Titus and Tracy Williams vs Aussie Open
HM: Athena vs Willow Nightingale

Was really surprised how good the former was and the main event was very close to MOTYC level.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Honorclub 3/9

HM: Timothy Thatcher vs. Wheeler Yuta (c), ROH Pure Title
HM: Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) vs. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams & Rhett Titus
MOTYC: Athena(c) vs. Willow Nightingale, ROH Women's Championship

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pylons posted:

ROH Honorclub 3/9

HM: Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) vs. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams & Rhett Titus

Nth

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm still watching this but currently

Stsrdom 4/3/2023 triangle derby finals

Motyc hazuki v saya kamitani

Motyc: azm v starlight kid : I highly recommend this bad boy. I liked it more than the last

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

ROH Honorclub 3/9

Nth to these.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stardom 4/3

Motyc giulia v Maya yukihi

This match might be the best of the 3. They beat the hell out of each.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

New japan cup 10/3

Motyc : yoshi hashi v kyle fletcher

Hm : shingo v henare

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Burn Down Canberra posted:

New japan cup 10/3

HMs for both from me, but man they REALLY picked up what was a pretty ordinary show up to that point. Loved the finish to the main event.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yep, I'll go HM on both of those too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragongate at Korakuen Hall, 3/2

HM: Don Fujii vs. Daiki Yanagiuchi
The Dragongate dojo can't be stopped. Great debut and entry to the "crusty old man beats up rookie" genre.

MOTYC: Rey de Parejas 2023 Finals - Yuki Yoshioka & Madoka Kikuta vs. Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda
Tag team wrestling at its finest.

2nd both of these. Don Fujii is so natural in the "vet beats up rookie" stakes, & Yanagiuchi seems a natural underdog. The finals were great. Just fantastic DG tag wrestling. Kanda did some insane spots considering he's Yasushi Kanda (I would hardly be shocked if this is the last great performance of his career), Susumu is Susumu, a fantastically consistent wrestler, & D'courage are just a great team.

That said, I noticed in his review Mike Spears (of this forum & also the Open The Voice Gate podcast) said "I don’t think that building has seen a tag match THAT good since COVID" & I'd argue it's not even the best tag match at Korakuen this year, what with Miyakento no Takuya vs Aoyagi & Nomura from 22/1 in All Japan my Match of the Year to date. Also there was an Ice Ribbon tag last year with Hoshi & Makoto vs Muscle Venus & that's right up there too. And SEAdLINNNG had some tremendous tag team wrestling during the pandemic. But I'm splitting hairs, that it's even being talked about in that company goes to show this match is absolutely essential viewing.

Watch it, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

New japan cup 10/3

I'd actually go the opposite on this. HM for Fletcher/Y-H, MOTYC for Shingo/Henare.

New Japan is back, baby! (after one bad show)