Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

Nope it's the Conan cartoon series

Close

https://youtu.be/C0K6YGCSiwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Was this the one that had that "We honor all the American soldiers lost in Medieval England" end-credit?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Roseanne was in studio today. And Jones made a stunning presidential endorsement https://youtu.be/6Ah7U3inHZ4

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

0konner posted:

Roseanne was in studio today. And Jones made a stunning presidential endorsement https://youtu.be/6Ah7U3inHZ4

Lol he's definitely not mad at the crew.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

oh my god there's a mangosteen ad in the episode they cover in the live show

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

FFT posted:

oh my god there's a mangosteen ad in the episode they cover in the live show

An auspicious premonition, perhaps?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

On am older episode Dan introduced a segment where a guest named Steve was going to come on and they mentioned that there were a lot of Steve's on Infowars and how certain names might make you prejudge someone as being untrustworthy. Dan's comment was that "an Infowars Steve is like a real life Scooter"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just listened to the first Geroge Noory episode. I'm not that far off from where I originally picked up the podcast and they are acting like checking in with Coast to Coast AM is going to be a new regular thing so I was surprised that I had never heard KF cover it before. Did they abandon that for any particular reason they talked about on the show or did it just fall away as they covered other stuff?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I don't remember if they addressed it but Coast to Coast with Noory is loving lovely and boring so I wasn't surprised. Some of the classic Art Bell era eps would be fun for wacky though.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
It's a very vague memory but I think Dan said at some point that picking random episodes was incredibly boring since it was a lot of boring talk and bad callers most of the time. That it would really only work if he was looking up famous episodes and at that point it's not really what they do anymore.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah I do remember him talking about the callers thing now that you mention it. A lot of Coast to Coast is the insane idiots who call in and that feels like punching down to Dan. Which, fair enough I guess though I would enjoy it anyway.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'd be interested if they did more old Bill Cooper stuff just because of how stark the contrast is between him as a radio man and Alex, not to mention I love the window into the 90s conspiracy scene, but I'm sure they've got a perfectly reasonable reason for not really doing that either

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I feel like if KF did a Patreon side show on it, I’d pay. Or hell, I’d kind of love to do a podcast like that myself but I’m petrified of uh, existing

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Can't emphasize enough how much George Noory sucks. Completely unlistenable. Art Bell was a hell of a radio guy and being replaced by the human quaalude is frankly offensive.

It's like if Alex died and InfoWars was hosted by... not even Owen, one of the worse ones. Harrison Smith?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

neongrey posted:

I'd be interested if they did more old Bill Cooper stuff just because of how stark the contrast is between him as a radio man and Alex, not to mention I love the window into the 90s conspiracy scene, but I'm sure they've got a perfectly reasonable reason for not really doing that either

I looked it up to see when they did cover Cooper, and I hadn't realized that it was in '20, which was much more recent that I realized (I thought they had covered it in like the 100's), but wasn't part of the reason why they stopped was because it was much harder to find episodes of The Hour of the Time than it was of other subject matter?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

"I i just don't think you should compliment Hitler."

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Shinji2015 posted:

I looked it up to see when they did cover Cooper, and I hadn't realized that it was in '20, which was much more recent that I realized (I thought they had covered it in like the 100's), but wasn't part of the reason why they stopped was because it was much harder to find episodes of The Hour of the Time than it was of other subject matter?

Oh, that makes sense. I didn't know any of the reasons why they stopped with him, I just scroll through the back catalogue sometimes, and Cooper always catches my eye.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Coast to Coast has recently also become a big infomercial for supplements and stuff now too. I was looking into what was going on in the show recently and it was a common complaint.

Noory does in fact suck and he was awful back when he would guest host too. He just keeps getting worse and worse.

Linda Moulton Howe still does stuff regularly and has her own show. She's kind of like Sweary Carrie but isn't obsessed with and getting all her info from a convicted murderer and is more of a classic UFO "investigator." She started out as one of the first journalists investigating cattle mutilations and ended up falling down that hole.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Linda Moulton Howe still does stuff regularly and has her own show. She's kind of like Sweary Carrie but isn't obsessed with and getting all her info from a convicted murderer and is more of a classic UFO "investigator." She started out as one of the first journalists investigating cattle mutilations and ended up falling down that hole.

I mostly know Linda Moulton Howe as a recurring subject of the Oh No! Ross and Carrie podcast. She's a favorite of theirs in the UFO crazies space.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah from what Ross and Carrie covered on their podcast Linda Moulton Howe does the same disclosure focus where anyone can send her a Protonmail and she'll probably believe it. I can't remember exactly what they managed to get her to repeat, but it was something really stupid and they just kept making it dumber and she never caught on.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Yeah from what Ross and Carrie covered on their podcast Linda Moulton Howe does the same disclosure focus where anyone can send her a Protonmail and she'll probably believe it. I can't remember exactly what they managed to get her to repeat, but it was something really stupid and they just kept making it dumber and she never caught on.

Richard Doty, one of the big Air Force disinfo guys who helped drive a UFO investigator insane in the 80's, sat her down when she was working on a documentary and told her he could set up a meeting with her and a grey. He didn't go through with it but I'm sure she'd 100% believe the puppet or whatever was real. She also totally believes Bob Lazar still to my knowledge, who has been pretty discredited over the years but still gets pushed by questionable people like Jeremy Corbell.

She also likes to say she's an award winning documentarian but her documentary won a regional Emmy for sound design, which she wasn't involved in from what I saw.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Richard Doty would be a good one for Behind the Bastards.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah I do remember him talking about the callers thing now that you mention it. A lot of Coast to Coast is the insane idiots who call in and that feels like punching down to Dan. Which, fair enough I guess though I would enjoy it anyway.

There was the time they covered it and it led to Dan realizing that that particular episode led into the Heaven's Gate mass suicide. hosed up stuff, conspiracies.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Shageletic posted:

There was the time they covered it and it led to Dan realizing that that particular episode led into the Heaven's Gate mass suicide. hosed up stuff, conspiracies.

drat, remember which episode that was? Searching for 'coast' or 'bell' doesn't bring anything up.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think it was a Camelot episode. The guest had also been on Coast to Coast so they talked about it.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Tree Dude posted:

I mostly know Linda Moulton Howe as a recurring subject of the Oh No! Ross and Carrie podcast. She's a favorite of theirs in the UFO crazies space.

This podcast sounds interesting! Any episode recommendations?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Pick an investigation that interests you. I'm sure something will catch your eye. I prefer the fringe religion shows to the pseudoscience/quack medicine episodes.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
If you're looking to get started their visits to the Conscious Life Expo are pretty good since they tend to be reports on 30 minute to 1 hour talks from fringe stuff you probably haven't heard of along with just talking to the people selling stuff at the booths. Like someone who invented a complicated Tarot card but with animals system that breaks down if you think about it at all. Or a dude who insists that he's the real Buddha and also Jesus, I think. Or someone who promised to sell blessed sand.

Most of their investigations are good. I think the only one I'd probably warn people off of was their Ayahuasca one. It was neat and funny and had some good moments (and one very gross moment) but it was way too stretched out. I think they even admitted it at the end.

Their very deep dive into Scientology was pretty interesting if that's something you'd like to know about. It's a long one though so maybe work up to it.

Parakeet vs. Phone fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 10, 2023

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I really hate when I go to Asia and they karate chop me as I'm getting off the plane

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Personally, I just can't watch Star Wars because I'm constantly pulled out of the film by the fact there's no one using an AK to blast fools. I can buy all the space empire and self actualized robots stuff, but neon beams instead of good old fashioned lead? Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo :argh:

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Thanks all looking forward to digging into Ross and Carrie

tsob posted:

Personally, I just can't watch Star Wars because I'm constantly pulled out of the film by the fact there's no one using an AK to blast fools. I can buy all the space empire and self actualized robots stuff, but neon beams instead of good old fashioned lead? Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo :argh:

You need to watch Andor!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Thanks all looking forward to digging into Ross and Carrie

You need to watch Andor!

Silliness aside, I do actually need to get around to that at some point. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan in general anyway, and mostly just like some of the games (original X-Wing and TIE Fighter were the poo poo when I was growing up, and I loved the Podracing game a few years later) rather than any of the movies (including the original trilogy) so the announcement of a show about the drab lead in a prequel movie I didn't get much out of that was telling yet another story about how the rebellion started had me about as excited as a narcoleptic sloth, but the few clips I've seen on YouTube were good, and there was certainly a lot of positive talk about it online in the weeks it was airing, so I should check it out sometime. Superficially it seems like the kind of thing Alex should enjoy since it's about people standing up to government, but I assume there's some minor details in it he'd find highly offensive because they imply some culture war bullshit in his diseased mind. I'd have made a play on that in response if I'd actually watched it, but I can't even begin to guess what details he'd take objection to, so I'll let someone else guess about it instead.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Andor has an extended scene (as in multiple episodes) that's a well-crafted and nuanced takedown of the prison industrial complex and the need for revolutionary action in the face of oppressive systems

It's honestly way smarter and better than most things Disney has put out in years

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Andor and Mando are proof positive that Disney can do good things with Star Wars. Obi-Wan was…ok, and Boba Fett loving SUCKED, but Andor and Mando are genuinely solid shows.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Froghammer posted:

Andor has an extended scene (as in multiple episodes) that's a well-crafted and nuanced takedown of the prison industrial complex and the need for revolutionary action in the face of oppressive systems

It's honestly way smarter and better than most things Disney has put out in years

Damning with the absolute faintest of praise.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

tsob posted:

That would be the BlasTech E-11 blaster rifle, standard weapon of the Imperial Stormtrooper. I had a Star Wars ttrpg character that was actively a pain in the rear end about building the ‘perfect’ E-11 using specific parts sourced from specific factories. He had opinions about SoloSuub sub-contracted parts.

Yes, I would slow game play down for 5 minutes at a time by explaining this poo poo.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

I really hate when I go to Asia and they karate chop me as I'm getting off the plane

I'm in Asia right now and can confirm. It sucked.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

You need to watch Andor!
There's another one, too:

What's most infuriating to me is that they don't have a Wookieepedia entry tbh

also they have some MP40 bits too

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Xiahou Dun posted:

Damning with the absolute faintest of praise.
Well, yeah. Anything I watch that comes out of Disney I grade on a scale (and, as a rule, refuse to pay for)

That said, Andor's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Roseanne’s brain has taken some serious fuckin’ alcohol damage, huh